Vanguard Clan Stages Yalmaha Race
Korev Jurik

BOREALIS (IRRK) -- In an attempt to promote the Clan's new market deals at the Tir Bazaar, the Vanguard staged a four-leg yalmaha race from Andromeda to Borealis Sunday.

Originating at ICC headquarters in Andromeda, the racers were to make their way to the 4 Holes and Stret West Bank regions before arriving at the Whom-Pah in the Neutral city of Borealis.

The winner was the neutrally-aligned "Itel" Black, with Omni-Tek employee Elmo "Xhairs" Barchus, and "Eveelmd" of the Clan Guild Outcasts taking second and third place, respectively.

"This is a lot more fun than killing one another," said Itel. "It was good fun, and a great race by everyone."

"I think this was great fun," added Xhairs. "And a great initiative for friendly competition. We should have more of this if i have anything to say about it. There were a few snags, but all performed like true sportsmen. With honour and dignity. The Clans held this open for all to participate, and I was glad to join in both as an Omni-Tek employee and as a citizen of Rubi-Ka."

Words that should ring true for all of us on Rubi-Ka. With the ever-present blanket of war raging around us, it is good to see a few citizens take time out for an event that does not require the report of a rifle. Even if this brief detour into the realm of peace does not last, the scenery seen from these Yalmahas will be remembered for years to come.