Thread: Make event chars POSSIBLE to kill!

Make event chars POSSIBLE to kill!

Ok, I just got finished participating in an event in newland. I am not whining because I was killed, I expected to be given the level of the NPC. I AM pissed because said NPC:

1. Did not REMOTELY conform to the laws under which players operate. She was able to hit people for gigantic amounts of "unknown" damage with no casting time whatsoever (at least none that was apparant). She withstood damage that no level 200 PC could possibly take. If you want to make NPC event chars extra tough, give them extra levels if u must. But this is just dumb.

2. When the mob of PCs finally whittled her down, she WARPED AWAY. This is what pisses me off the most. After all those players fought, died, came back, fought, died, etc, some losing titles in the process, their victory was stolen from them.

3. People lost titles to this NPC. I was not among them, having no title to lose. However, I sympathise with their frustration with this. If NPC event charecters are not going to conform to the rules that players do, then it is horribly unfair to take these titles from them in this way.

I came back to this game recently, as I heard positive changes had been made. I hope that this does not become the "standard" event for this game, I hope I don't regret my desicion to give this game a second chance.

what i wanna know is...if the pvp system is so perfect, how can a GM mob with NO TITLE take ROOKIE AWAY (i have this recorded) from someone??!?! i thought that if its dif title, no probby...and even counting as Pvp In the 1st place is lame..i think that ppl that lost titles to this should get em back, cause i would go as far as to say that the GM char was "exploiting" the title system, which she WAS!
    147 Mp Nodamp
    O_O i am king of faces!

Forevah eating forbidden popcorn! @_@
    Directions: go dis way ---->
    den dis way <----
    den dis way <-------> and see if u survive O_o

Heya MikesterG! x_O

Dey tink im funny...dey really do..dey also tink im insane, sick, wierd, and in need of more medicines than i take

Dun worry Guys! I can keel dis Ace easy! *sends Nodie*! o.o...um..guys...u know dat ace enforcer dat ju said not to mess wif?
    yeh, dat one..um...run pweez X_X

Just as bad when people kill event players in one blow, welp, there goes another event because someone killed the reporter.

Or something of that matter.

Even better is when an event char terms people.

Thumbs down

Just another not fun event fron (un)Funcome.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Funcome beleves that we players are serious machosists.

Arrow

If this was Saturday night's event, I watched this from a friend's monitor. He was neutral and could not initiate combat against said doctor ARK or against any of the uber-mutants that were also about (which I was rather surprised by, I understood the doctor given the PvP rules, but the MOBs?)

The ARK char was pretty uber soaking vast damage, then full healing, whilst dishing out huge damage. It was confusing as hell, but remarkably, didn't seem too laggy (all things considered).

And yes, warping away was pretty cheesy...

And since this is post #500...

WOOT!

Yeah, that was the event.

Event chars can /terminate players, eh? Maybe that's what was happening when people were hit for 5k-26k points of unknown damage.

Funcom, at exactly what point did giving event chars THAT ability seem like a good idea? Reeeel fun there.

Let me point out to you what every RPG manual has pointed out to beginning GMs.

IT'S NOT "YOU AGAINST THE PLAYERS!"

If you (or any GM in ANY game) makes it a competion between themselves and the players, they will win the contest. Every time.
    However, they will soon find themselves without a player base, becasue, for the players, this is no fun at all.

Imagine yourselves, funcom, sitting at a traditional tabletop rpg. You tell the gm that your level 36 fighter is attacking the evil wizard with his +6 sword of ass kicking, and the GM's response is "He snaps his fingers, you die".

Think about it.

Originally posted by Noda
    what i wanna know is...if the pvp system is so perfect, how can a GM mob with NO TITLE take ROOKIE AWAY (i have this recorded) from someone??!?!
    I don't think thats how it works.

If the GM was a Expert or higher then nobody on Rubi-Ka could have lost ranking to him. His PvP ranking would reflect the fact that he was the best PvPer in game and nobody deserved to lose ranking points to him. That is what they could have done.

They made him a complete pvp newbie, so everyone loses a lot of points to him. This reflects the shame of losing to an unranked opponent.

swonderfull

These events sounds more like catastrophys. I havn't yet to encounter one *And probably won't for a long while, since I don't like to leave Tir*, but as it seems, I don't ever want to. Just means plenty of empty deaths to me and others willing to hold their ground.
    Implament Improved Jumping Nanos for the MAs!

Originally posted by Noda
    what i wanna know is...if the pvp system is so perfect, how can a GM mob with NO TITLE take ROOKIE AWAY (i have this recorded) from someone??!?! i thought that if its dif title, no probby...and even counting as Pvp In the 1st place is lame..i think that ppl that lost titles to this should get em back, cause i would go as far as to say that the GM char was "exploiting" the title system, which she WAS!
    LOL, they weren't exploiting the title system, it's probably screwed up.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by malaclypse

I don't think thats how it works.

If the GM was a Expert or higher then nobody on Rubi-Ka could have lost ranking to him. His PvP ranking would reflect the fact that he was the best PvPer in game and nobody deserved to lose ranking points to him. That is what they could have done.

They made him a complete pvp newbie, so everyone loses a lot of points to him. This reflects the shame of losing to an unranked opponent.
    Have a read on the PvP forum.
    It is 'supposedly' impossible for a rookie to lose title to an untitiled. It has nothing to do with with 'what should be', but rather it has to do with rules posted by funcom.

Those rules are definately bull anyway though, 100% of all experienced PvPers will tell you that. Maybe those rules will operate in 14.2 - but they sure as hell don't yet.

I would like to see an official reponce from FC
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

So do I. This is insane, unfair, and really, really stupid.

Dumb events are the main reason I contemplate cancelling. Great ones like Gridstream Productions parties are the reason I don't.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Arks and Gm have a command to kill anything, its supposed to be used on mobs that are stuck in walls an such, thought i was in a battle in omni-hq a while back we were on the bridge to omni-hq hanging out in Ent, when these three arkys appear and start attacking people, they were "npc"s since i could attack them and they were omni, anyway it ended when they were each attacked by 80k of unknown dmg, hmm i wonder where that came from preatty lame if you ask me.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

There's an event that occured where a GM accidentially killed a player and the player got a pioneer to shut up...

Just telling...

Implies a lack of integrity and common goodness.

Originally posted by Darksnake
    There's an event that occured where a GM accidentially killed a player and the player got a pioneer to shut up...

Just telling...
    You don't help anyone by spreading unsubstantiated lies.