Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Snowglobe's AO Terminology List

Quote Originally Posted by Xephydes
    Tiny correction here, not sure what they really intended to call it, since on the exit from Athen it says Aegan, but when you enter the actual zone it says Aegean (Yeah I did check it )

Keep up the great work Snowglobe

About this AE. I've hear it used as a alternative to AoE lots of times, quite alot more than AE(Aegean).

GCB, guardian circuit board, dropped from GOt in ToTW

might want to clarify BOT defintion to also include bots used by players to help them cordinate events... guild bots... and raids bots (you can word things better then I)

I know of the adonis spots as: from north most end near dead ends to south most end)

NN (north north)

NS (north south)

Main

SS (south south)

ataxia (farthest south spot, the spot referred to as "canyon" in other guys post)

then off on its own on the other end of map, in a 201+ only area, tundra. (quite often a waiting list to get in...

This is clan ofcourse, with omni sticking to the west coast near their stone's. (an omni person would hafta step up and state (if) any acroynms used there)
    Last edited by Sheals; Sep 27th, 2004 at 21:23:38.
    Level 212 Doctor.... with 31 alts!
    A PROUD AO-aholic

Vice president, and TWO year member ofAngels of the Night ~Clan/Rimor~
    Join us!

List updated. Added a few more AI terms and some older ones. I'm not sure which server the heckler spot abbreviations in Razaphysic's post are used on so leaving those out for now.

CRU - Controller Recompiler Unit, an item found in Rubi-Ka missions necessary to keep a city controller charged and enable alien attacks to occur

AT - alien title, defeating certain numbers of aliens grants the player alien titles similar to PvP titles

axp - alien experience, a type of XP separate from regular XP or SK which comes only from killing aliens, gaining axp gives access to special alien perks

bp - 2. backpack

rl - 2. raid leader, raids generally go better when a leader is appointed

bfe - bumblef**k Egypt, a humorous name meaning a very remote and isolated location

dmg - damage

bio - bio break, meaning to go afk to go to the bathroom

gph - Gaily Painted Hood, a rare and coveted drop from Tarasque, the hood gives a -15 nano cost modifier

TT - 2. torturing tool, an MA only weapon which drops from Morgan Le Faye in Camelot castle

AE - 2. another way of saying AoE

GCB - guardian circuit board, a 5-slot NCU belt easily equipable at low levels dropped from GoT in TotW

baf - bring a friend, term from DAoC describing when a mob aggros and brings another mob along with it

JDN - Jobe Defender Naginata, a 2he weapon for enforcers or keepers

SoW - Sword of Wonder, a desirable 2he weapon found in Inferno

WoW - World of Warcraft, another MMORPG

SoC - Sword of Curiosity, a 2he weapon, lower QL version of the Sword of Wonder

bot - 1. robot, commonly referring to an engineer's pet 2. chat bot, an automated system used on chat channels for raids or other purposes

NN - north north, name used by Clanners on Rimor to describe the northernmost heckler spot along the east brink in Adonis

NS - north south, name used by Clanners on Rimor to describe the heckler spot just north of the redeemed village in Adonis

main - name used by Clanners on Rimor to describe the heckler spot just south of the redeemed village in Adonis

SS - south south, name used by Clanners on Rimor to describe the heckler spot just north of Ataxia in Adonis

ataxia - the southernmost heckler spot along the east brink in Adonis located through a narrow canyon

tundra - the most popular heckler spot in Adonis, located in the Piercing Tundra area
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Nov 4th, 2004 at 18:20:42.

Ok, I've been seeing MBS in reference to weapons, but can't find a definition. Anyone know this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgtdesu
    Ok, I've been seeing MBS in reference to weapons, but can't find a definition. Anyone know this one?
    maximum beneficial skill = maximum skill+alladdoff that increases damage. after that only chance to hit is affected not damage.
    WoW incoming!!
    Hurjakeeper (204)
    GMT/UTC+2
    Big Bad NOT a Sword
    Damage: alot-more(and then some)
    Atk. Skills: 2hEdged: 100%

(im tempted to tell you about the inadequacy of certain fabled sword here but i'll refrain myself)

Thanks for the definition. I'll add MBS to the list next update.
    Last edited by Snowglobe; Feb 24th, 2006 at 21:07:04.

DMS = Add All defense why its not AAD hmm... i think it means Defense Modification S...... i give up.. when speaking of DMS I have always seen it referred to as Add All Defense
    If you love something set it free, if it does not come back, Hunt it down and Kill It.

Added a few new entries. As always, if anyone sees any errors or terms I've missed feel free to contribute them and I'll add them to the list.

froobie - an affectionate name for new players on AO's free trial plan, derived from mixing the words "free" and "noobie"

CoT - Coast of Tranquility - a new playfield at the southern border of the Rubi-Ka map used only for AI cities

CoP - Coast of Peace - a new playfield at the southern border of the Rubi-Ka map used only for AI cities

phats or phatz - short for "phat loot," phat is a leet spelling of "fat" meaning uber or valuable, loot may sometimes be spelled "lewt," if someone offers to take you to get some "phat lewt" it's a good thing

SPB - The QL200 version of the Superior Perennium Blaster, a desirable assault rifle for soldiers

PSD - probably refers to Problem Solving Device, a tradeskill buffing NCU memory chip, could also mean Problem Seeking Device, a similar item which raises treatment a few points

DKN - Die Kleine Nadel, a piercing weapon held in the left hand most often used by shades

a little help?

Pfft?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

props to Snow

w00t
    Coolbuz I kill 4 you <<setup @ 204>>

Built run fast I can

Canderson stay behind me, this could get ugly

yeah sorry that was a little vague.

what does "pfft" mean?

what does "mezz" mean? I know it's a MP pet but I've seen it used as a verb.
    what exactly does a mezz pet do?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Agree with Vallidator on DMS. And that'd make AMS == Attack Modification S... or whatever..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sefus

what does "pfft" mean?

It Mesmerizes mobs.

To Mezz something is to Mesmerize it. Mesmerize comes from the name of an old hypnotist from the 1800s whose last name was Mesmer.
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

what does "pfft" mean?

Mez or mezz is an abbreviation of "mesmerize". A mezzing pet puts a mob into the state of "sleep". Let's suppose you attack a heckler, and another one comes to his friend's aid. The mezzing pet will make the add sit there calmly while the first heck is being slaughtered. If someone attacks the mezzed heck through a mistake or stupidity, the team has 2 angry hecks to fight and a very angry MP to pacify .

pfft is not an acronym at all, it is just a sound you make with your mouth. You don't say pee-ef-ef-tee, it is just.... pffffft. In meaning, it is similar to "doh" or "duh". It is an expression of scorn or disbelief. When someone says something stupid or something that you think is a lie, you can say "pffft".
    Last edited by Valvs; Apr 14th, 2005 at 08:34:08.

Found The meaning of AMD/DMS - maybe():
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I love this thread. Thumbs up!
    $
    ::. Anarchin, OT Fixer, Legion .::

Quote Originally Posted by Lynyah
    The difference is that you dont need a brain to camp things

Yes, I didn't realize you were asking for a definition.

Thanks for the contributions, I'll add pfft, mez and AMS/DMS in an update soon.

doggie - Calia's wolf form morph
    beach - usually used to designate the beach area in Eastern Elysium in Shadowlands, right off the transporter to East Elysium.. very popular heck hunting place
    -Oroxus ~213 Supreme Creator Engineer, General of Lost Souls of Rimor.
    Evari r0x it hardcore.
    Terraxus
    - Keeper
    Roxxxytrades
    - Trader

WOW Thanks Snow... It.. all make sence now :-)
    Good Job

FA - full Auto - a weapon special which empties the gun's full clip of bullets into the target 2. The first aid skill
    Also short for Fast attack melee skill.

leet - 1. Elite, meaning a well connected high level player 2. The name of an adorable little two-legged mob which anyone who has played the game has no doubt encountered
    The leet is also Funcoms official mascot for AO

legos - Deathless Legionnaires, skeletal mobs in ToTW which drop Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire
    are also pets that can be summoned by MP's using special Urns and nano programs gotten from Totw and IS.

Morph - One of the nano's from the adventurer's shape shifting line of nano programs. 3 levels of wolf morphs, 2 of Saber tooth morphs, 3 or reets, and the ultimate: Dragon and/or Pit Lizard form.
    also one leet morph

Nano Delta - Nanocost modifier, an attribute of items.
    The rate at which you regain nano at ticks per second.

PPPE - Programmed Photon Particle Emitter, a rare item used in armor production, found only in certain ql missions used in armor production
    Is used in production of nano crystals, not armor.
    Last edited by malewerecat; May 28th, 2005 at 21:16:18.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast