Thread: Tradeskills

Tradeskills

Funcom's probably wondering if they should bother with tradeskills. Currently it appears that a large percentage of their time is spent fixing bugs, exploits, balancing the game, and adding new content. There has been a very tiny effort on the part of tradeskills.

Yet look at the one tradeskill that works. The doctors emergency kits. Every time I'm online I see people buying monster parts. From that, I'd have to say the trade appears to be thriving.

I hope one day the other trades come to similar success, and I hope Funcom sees a successful trade in the kits. But we don't need tradeskills in two years, it needs to be implemented now. There needs to be an alternative to mind numbing camping.

Angry of course

have seen a lot of post and reply about that .
    maybe one day we will see a patch .

men live from hope

Uh, many trade skills work. Weapon creation works fine. Rings work fine. A lot of it doesn't work, but the reason the blood plasma trade is thriving so much is that most doctors need income desperately, and it is simple to make. Weapon and ring creation REALLY aren't worth the time and money they take to do.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I think that the biggest downfall in the system besides the broken ones, is that they cost our precious IP. I tried DAoC for the free month and then quit and found that I really liked a few things about it. One was, I was able to take up a trade immediately without investing any experience. You gained a separate set of tradeskill experience by creating things. Thus, the more you created, the better you got. Then, you could sell items and make money. The only problem being, tradeskills won't contribute to any of your normal exp you get, it only contributes to itself. Still, it's good for money and the fun factor..

I, for one, will probably never mess with tradeskills unless it doesn't force me to invest in skills I'd never use elsewhere in the game. I'd love to have a bunch of just *fun* tradeskills instead for roleplaying purposes that don't cost anything to take up, but that you can get better at with use..

Originally posted by Vrach
    Uh, many trade skills work. Weapon creation works fine. Rings work fine. A lot of it doesn't work, but the reason the blood plasma trade is thriving so much is that most doctors need income desperately, and it is simple to make. Weapon and ring creation REALLY aren't worth the time and money they take to do.
    Work? Not from my experience and what I read. Most weapon creation patterns are broken. Meaning they don't work, even if you do it right. Second, the "unique" items that are player made only aren't worth making. Third, it costs you more to make a weapon than you can possibly sell it for.

Its not just functionality that matters, there needs to be a motivation for creating the items. And right now, its simply not there.

Not to even mention the fact there are so incredibly few tradeskills available right now.

No, I agree. I've posted threads along similar lines. There is no motivation; the XP is pathetic for the time and expense (IP wise, and credits wise).

I've made several weapons... but part of the problem is that they are so readily available no one is willing to pay for them, unless you specifically are making it at a certain QL for someone. I've also spent a lot of time and money on broken weapons. I think FunCom knows they need to be fixed, though... the bigger issue is making it WORTH it... like better weapons that can ONLY be made, and at lower levels than 120...
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

To make it worse...

But you can't even make an item of a specified QL for someone because you'd need all the correct QL parts, and those parts are hard enough to find by themselves! What a horrible implementation! Ack, poor tradeskill profs.