Thread: Hit Success Ratio bug

Angry Hit Success Ratio bug

My charactor is lvl170 Adventure.
    Using ql200 rider executioner(without buff).
    ATTACK is 795 with buff.

By this status and equip.
    I saw "non hit success 30sec" often against bottom green POD NPC.
    90% swing animation has no damage.
    Almost 100% case, I need about 5minutes for kill green NPC.
    Need 3min for yellow to POD +1.

If this at low level, I can upgrade weapon or Implant.
    But this char already maxed level, max ql weapon, only 10-20 skill gain if I can equip ql200 Implants.
    Yes, there is almost nothing to do against this now.

If this is feature, its too lame design.
    Not feature, there is something AMS bug.

Heh. Mal. Heres the thing.
    I also dual weild weapons. I posted it in Game mechanics. Although you swing like crazy, you only actually hit very very minutely faster than a guy with a 2 hand rider warblade.

It sucks. I just want to know whether its intended or not.

Everybody swings twice as fast as they actually fight. Why? I don't know. I routinely shoot my shotgun twice for every shot that I see hit. I routinely use every weapon on every character twice for every actual attack. In dual wielding you are swinging more often so you are having non-attack swings more often. When your non-attack swing cycles for the right and left weapon come back to back then it looks like you are missing a lot.

Humm non-damage swing animation not so problem.
    Problem is "non-damage 30sec".

"Lvl170 max skilled sword fighter keep missing attack against bottom green NPC 30 sec" is so lame.
    Offcorse during that, npc 99% success hit to me (offcorse maxed evade skill) with awsome minimum damage like 150-200.

At battle, npc hp 100% > 50% maybe 15 - 20 sec.
    50% > 30% 1 min
    30% > 0% 3min

I can kill yellow doc with 30% nano left.
    But sometimes green doc almost kill me.

Not sure if Funcom recognizes it as a bug, but it's a fact that when the mob gets lower in HP, starting from 50% down, everyone hit's less and less. When it gets down to the last few HP, my Fixer don't hit for half a minute either, my meta's spells get countered 10 times in a row and my pet doesn't hit as well...

Originally posted by Malyeen
    Humm non-damage swing animation not so problem.
    Problem is "non-damage 30sec".

"Lvl170 max skilled sword fighter keep missing attack against bottom green NPC 30 sec" is so lame.
    Offcorse during that, npc 99% success hit to me (offcorse maxed evade skill) with awsome minimum damage like 150-200.

At battle, npc hp 100% > 50% maybe 15 - 20 sec.
    50% > 30% 1 min
    30% > 0% 3min

I can kill yellow doc with 30% nano left.
    But sometimes green doc almost kill me.
    The exact same thing happens to my Adv using dual Riders.

But only when I'm solo in missions.

If I'm in a group fighting, I hit. If a group is with me in my mission, I hit.

When I solo.... I hit maybe 1 time per brawl.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Yes!! I've noticed the same thing. I have a lvl 100 enforcer with a 162 haxor, 588 attack rating. Sometimes I hit good, usually the mission starts out good, but after a while I start missing more and more untill I get about 1 hit per brawl. I like to do missions as much as the next guy, but standing there and missing 15 times in a row (I've actually counted that many misses in a row, and thats not counting the double swings, 30 animated swings, 15 blows that didn't land) just sucks.

It happens against any POD, in missions or hunting. It happens to almost every Medusa I fight. The rest of my group will be pounding away, and I'll just be swinging and never hitting.

I think that it might be some factor of initiative, I never noticed anything like this untill my melee init got over 500, and using rage / flurry of blows sometimes seems to make me hit more / less.

I've noticed this too with one of my characters. I'm unsure if we have any bug reports on it yet, but I'll be passing this onto QA for a closer look.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

In a similar vein I've noticed that sometimes you get 4 or 5+ misses in a row against a Mob at any time during a fight. This is very frustrating, but moving so that the Mob has to move too can often make you start hitting again.

I've also noticed that if you're fighting a caster and it's down to almost zero health, you keep missing it and eventually it'll cast some nano or other and then you'll finally hit it and kill it. It's as though the server knows the Mob is dead but the nano cast has already been committed to on the server and needs to be displayed on the client before the death animation. I've got a sixth sense now for this "cast followed by death" scenario. Unfortunately the mob on the client can still keep hitting you for damage until that happens (I haven't tried zoning from a mission after this to see if your health sync's upwards to where it should really be - may just be a client display issue).

Cheers,

Hoss.

PS Incidentally - does anyone know for sure if your client tells the server or the server tells the client if you are dead or not? Can you die via the health stats that your client thinks you have, or does it have to be the stats that the server holds for your health?
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?" - Robert Browning

Leroy "Hossley" Prabel
    Lv 82 OT Fixer - RK1

Originally posted by ImaGideon
    Not sure if Funcom recognizes it as a bug, but it's a fact that when the mob gets lower in HP, starting from 50% down, everyone hit's less and less. When it gets down to the last few HP, my Fixer don't hit for half a minute either, my meta's spells get countered 10 times in a row and my pet doesn't hit as well...
    I thought it was just me!!! Wow, I feel better knowing that other folks are experiencing the same thing. It's like during combat there's this long period of time in which I just don't seem to attack or I constantly miss.

Now combine that with the min. dmg. problem against bugged human super-AC mobs and you've got a really frustrating experience!

I have a su****ion of what aspect of game mechanics causes this. I remember back when I first started playing that if you were running you would still hit just as often as if you were standing still, but sometime recently (within the past month, its a fairly subtle change) they changed something in the coding so that you won't hit as much if you are moving. Well, this hit restriction seems to be screwing with us even while we are standing still.

At medusas the other day I had the liesure of not being the tank and did some experimenting, I noticed that if I just barely tapped the foward or backward button after every swing, then I was able to get off a hit almost every time. If I just stood there, then I would miss several times in a row. Also, when I was moving back and forth, on those times that I did miss the attack bar would slowly go back up and back down and then start over before I could swing again.

Also lag seems to be a factor, when we pulled the medusa up on top of the hill where the landscape is flat, I hit every swing no problem. Down in the hills where the fps drops, I start missing more and more.