Thread: The Mystery of special recharge caps solved!!

The Mystery of special recharge caps solved!!

Here is how to calculate the special recharge cap for the weapon your using:

Full Auto Weapon Cap = 10s + Weapon Attack speed
    Burst Weapon Cap = 8s + Weapon Attack speed
    *Aimed Shot Weapon Cap = 10s + Weapon Attack Speed
    *Flingshot Weapon Cap = 3s + Weapon Attack Speed

*From talking with people I'm guessing the caps for aimed shot and fling shot are somewhat like this but I can't be 100% sure as I haven't tested it myself.

Now I'm fairly sure the final cap gets rounded somehow so that it's a whole number. However, weapons with .5 in their attack (like Augmented Hellspinner) still seem to round down and has a 9 second burst recharge without skill lock. However Caterwaul has .9 in it's speed and seems to still round up so I'm still unsure of how the rounding works.

This is of course without any skill lock at all. Special recharges can still be brought below these caps using -skill lock equipment.

Weapons used in testing:
    Augmented Hellspinner - 1.5 second attack speed (used for testing burst)
    Augmented Hellfury - 2.5 second attack speed (used for testing burst)
    QL 200 Perennium Blaster - 1 second attack speed (used for testing full auto and burst)
    QL 169 Spastic Assault rifle - 4.03 second attack speed (used for testing full auto and burst)
    QL 236 Spastic Assault rifle - 5.04 second attack speed (used for testing full auto and burst)
    QL 200 Caterwaul - 2.9 second attack speed (used for testing aimed shot)
    QL 199 Ithaca Snakemaster - 1 second attack speed (used for testing aimed shot)
    QL 260 Massive Bolt Charger - 1 second attack speed (used for guessing fling cap)

EDITED: Just to clarify what I'm talking about is the limit to which you can reduce your special recharge. Not the method in which the recharge is calculated. This is the recharge time you will get if you had 10,000 skill in the respective skill, the actual skill needed to get your recharge to this point is shown in a thread listed in the soldier resources thread.
    Last edited by Vhalor; Jul 26th, 2004 at 14:07:47.

did you get 14\15 sec on the spastic w\o any skill lock? (might be a moronic question when i think about it =P but if you say yes i wont bother going to rk to test my own)

nicely done! *aplaudes*
    Ullgencer wewt. dust be gone
    Ullgenser teh nm enfo
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Stop parsing my database...I feel so violated!

Simply great Vhalor. I can't wait untill i get home so i can try to prove your wrong only to find out your right.
    Madde

Free Hornyhedgehog! from censorship!

Sadly, I know AS is not capped using that formula. With 1170/1300 AS skill my Supernova with no skill lock will cap at 75s.

P.S. Doesn't the Hellfury Burst cap at 5-6s?

P.P.S. Vhalor you got the Ithaca AS down to 9s with no skill lock? Wow, that might make it fun for PvP again. BTW, how fast was Fling Shot on Ithaca? 4s??

We need to get you an Alsaqri or a Zastaba to test out Aimed Shot on those
    Last edited by Hellfire; Apr 28th, 2004 at 16:21:44.

Originally posted by Hellfire
    Sadly, I know AS is not capped using that formula. With 1170/1300 AS skill my Supernova with no skill lock will cap at 75s.
    This is about where a weapon is HARD capped, you're not capped at 75 sec with a supernova, you need 3Kish + skill to get it down to it's cap.

Oh and good job vhalor, should add that some weapons seems bugged. like that Pupil shotgun which seems to be possible to get down to 7 seconds. Will let you know about this though.

Originally posted by Boce

This is about where a weapon is HARD capped, you're not capped at 75 sec with a supernova, you need 3Kish + skill to get it down to it's cap.

Oh and good job vhalor, should add that some weapons seems bugged. like that Pupil shotgun which seems to be possible to get down to 7 seconds. Will let you know about this though.
    Look again. With 1170 AS, that should reduce base AS recycle by 35s and with 1300 AS skill by 39s. So Supernova with 2.5 Recharge has a base 100s AS recycle. But my recycle stands capped at 75s. That is the hard cap.

this would explain why people with higher q lvl spastics have a 13 second recharger as opposed to say 10-11 people with sub 200 are reporting.

i have a 5.08 second attack on my spastic so 13 seconds makes perfect sense.

blargh.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Look again. With 1170 AS, that should reduce base AS recycle by 35s and with 1300 AS skill by 39s. So Supernova with 2.5 Recharge has a base 100s AS recycle. But my recycle stands capped at 75s. That is the hard cap.
    Supernova has AR and RE as attack skills, i do not know why but any weapon with 2 attack skills has longer recharge on specials then single skill guns.

Same with flashpoint or nova flow I think, i remember testing this a very long time ago. did not get any hard numbers, just that the recharge was longer, for some reason, with dual skill guns. (yes i took recycle numbers into concideration).

This theory could use some real testing though, from anyone who is up for it, would be nice to know for sure. Seeing as guns like the Div 9 dont really apply to this rule i think. Comparing burst on coop and Nova Flow for example, (3000 and 2800 burst cycle respectively), migth give some answers. I can not do that as i resetted RE upon hitting 201

Bari

Originally posted by Ullgenser
    did you get 14\15 sec on the spastic w\o any skill lock? (might be a moronic question when i think about it =P but if you say yes i wont bother going to rk to test my own)
    Yea 15 second full auto and 13 second burst on the QL 236, 14 second full auto and 12 second burst on the QL 169.

Please remember that with Aimed shot and Fling shot I'm totaly guessing here. If there is anyone out there with high skills in either please test them out some.

I'm also su****ous that it might be 4s + attack speed for flingshot, can someone with a MBC use a watch and test it without skill lock equipment in? Also can someone with 1500+ AS skill tell me if they can get Supernova below 75 second, hellfire is saying it's caped there if you don't use skill lock.

Thanks for the feedback guys =)
    Last edited by Vhalor; Apr 28th, 2004 at 22:32:14.

bump for Vhalor's suggestion

I would add that you cannot rely on the recycle feedback messages, they're totally borked. Either use a watch or do this:

Hit Special, hit F9
    See Special is available message, hit F9

F9 will show you the time so the difference should be the recycle time.

Someone please please find a lower than 75s recycle on Supernova

bump for Vhalor's suggestion

I would add that you cannot rely on the recycle feedback messages, they're totally borked. Either use a watch or do this:

Hit Special, hit F9
    See Special is available message, hit F9

F9 will show you the time so the difference should be the recycle time.

Someone please please find a lower than 75s recycle on Supernova
    As I am an agent with extreme AS skill (2098) I am gonna try this for you, both with and without 20% skill lock

Planing to have a "test" day tomorrow on alot of weapons, inclusing some melee with my enforcer.

[edit: nm]
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Well Burst seems to use Vhalor's formula quite well.

Tested with 6% skill lock (I just wasn't gonna go thru the hell of putting the imp back on) on these weps:

Inamorata Ocra-Xum AR QL 100 3s attack
    MCS 3s attack
    Both recycled Burst in 10s

Inamorata Ocra-Xum AR QL 100 4.5s attack
    12s Burst Recycle

Yes Support 1010 .99s attack
    7s recycle

Kerans 1.5s attack
    8s recycle

Well I was wrong and right about the Supernova. It isn't hard capped at 75s but it does not follow the recharge x 40s - AS*3/100 formula.

1529 AS skill with 3% skill lock = 66s recycle
    1406 AS skill with 6% skill lock = 65s recycle
    1276 AS skill with 6% skill lock = 69s recycle

It should be many seconds lower so I think the formula is wrong.

FYI, Skill Lock works. I got my Perennium Blaster to recycle at 5s with -35% skill lock. Ithaca Fling Shot went down to 3s.

Fabulissimo stuff
    Consider it rooted.
    Field Marshal Londino, lvl 220
    Cutting through the forest of reason
    Veteran of Forsaken
    Former Soldier Professional

Silly doc thingy Londina, lvl 175+
    She needs tokens dont ya know.

hmm where does that armour drop? that add so much skill lock?
    btw think ql240+ jobe imp will get leg from 5 to 7 skill lock

AS cap is not going according to this equation.

My AS is 2k+ and with a perennium sniper (1/1) I get 10.5-11 sec recharge (measured with stopwatch). Btw, the time given in game is not reliable - it says 8-9 sec, but you get the 'action not available' for another 2 sec.
    The caterwaul has also ~11 sec recharge with stopwatch... (2.9 attack)

When meassuring with stop-watch, don't press the special attack key while waiting.

My guestimate is that trying to use the special again before it's available delays the refresh.

Great work Vhalor.
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Originally posted by Afelia
    When meassuring with stop-watch, don't press the special attack key while waiting.

My guestimate is that trying to use the special again before it's available delays the refresh.

Great work Vhalor.
    True. Smashing special attack key adds delay.
    I measure form pressing the 'O' till the message 'AimedShot skill available".