Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do fixers pretend they're useless?

Why do fixers pretend they're useless?

So, when i first started playing the game i was doing my very first mission. On that mission i ran into a chest that was locked. i didn't know what to do. So I went into the newbie chat and i asked around. That's when i learned about Lock picks and the breaking and entering skill. Well, i decided not to up my B&E but i got a lock pick anyways. I wandered around fo the next 40 levels opening every chest i saw with no problem. But a funny thing started happening around 50th level. I can't open the chests anymore with a 12 skill!. How insane. Well, i thought to myself, now I'm screwed. How will i eve know what's in this box. That's when it dawned on me, Fixers. Fixers have that skill as green. So i hopped on the looking for team screen and got me a fixer to group with. I rolled around the mission whacking everything i could find, and he opened all my boxes. Without him the mission would never have been such a success.

So you see, he was a 50th level box opener.

And fixers have it rough, Puh-Lease.

If you really want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for one of those classes that can't do anything but solo reds. Poor bastards.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Huh? so you're saying fixers rock because they can open chests?
    (which means nothing since the fixer cant kill the mobs to get to the chest, most people eventually put 400+ points into B & E to open chests in ql 200 missions.

And I should feel sorry for those who can solo reds?
    (I should feel sorry for people who have planned their character and/or perform well in PvM?)

/me is confused

Talanie
    144 doc extraordinare

hehehe poor bastards.. only soloing reds pfft!

fear my lock picking capabilities!

oh, thats right.. my lock pick skills are low because I cant afford to raise them

He's being sarcastic, folks.

Originally posted by Intra
    fear my lock picking capabilities!

oh, thats right.. my lock pick skills are low because I cant afford to raise them
    You've got to learn to maximze your strengths better. No point in preparing for combat or spell casting. Learn to pick locks and don't forget a good perception. That way you can warn the combatants in your group of enemy agents (so long as they're a good 30-40 levels lower then you)
    Last edited by BoomDoom; May 29th, 2002 at 20:53:48.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

I know I skimped on trap disarm aswell ... sigh...my bad!

that damned frightened roller rat keeps escaping and I have to kill it instead of being able to disarm it with uber trap disarm capabilities

Originally posted by Talani

/me is confused

Talanie
    144 doc extraordinare
    Yes, i'd say that you are
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Sorry.. I just don't see the point of that post at all, even if it was sarcastic. We all know fixers suck unless they use a different type of weapon than smg, which screws up their nanos even more.
    Last edited by Talanie; May 30th, 2002 at 00:49:59.

its satire. Gets peoples attention. Just think if he was being serious and all fixers got goin for them is lock picking.

Originally posted by KrisKo
    its satire. Gets peoples attention. Just think if he was being serious and all fixers got goin for them is lock picking.
    You're right, lock picking isn't the only thing going for us. We have run buffs too.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by LafinJack
    You're right, lock picking isn't the only thing going for us. We have run buffs too.
    Fixers have lots going for them. Like that thing you do. And the stuff you can use against the people. And don't forget that whatchamacallit that does that other thing.

Fixers got it made.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

öH ¥ËåH ¥öü fö®göt tHË ß˧t öñË!!! w³ HåV³ |³³t §kî||§ îñ tå|kîñg |ËËt...
    Queen of the Ninjas

Slyyk - MUHAHAHA! Old Fixers never die, they just take a different grid exit.

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Jorji's art page (some mature content )

zomg she finally got myspace lawls

m¥ ßåÐ.... î fö®göt tö §å¥ î ®ö××0® J00
    Queen of the Ninjas

Cosmik - And don't worry, Jorji. We've got FC love for everyone. It's stockpiled and going out the door.

Originally posted by LafinJack

Actually, those run buffs are VERY usefull to a pre yahama character. I use them all the time on my lower toons. To bad thats the MOST usefull thing they have going, and gets erased when everyone has a Yalm. But... from 1-50-70, Fixers are great.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin

Actually, those run buffs are VERY usefull to a pre yahama character. I use them all the time on my lower toons. To bad thats the MOST usefull thing they have going, and gets erased when everyone has a Yalm. But... from 1-50-70, Fixers are great.
    yeah, the fundamental problem with fixers is that their special ability is something that can be duplicated by spending credits. Anytime a class finds itself in a situation where everyone with a couple of credits can have your special ability AND their own special ability at the same time is not a good thing. Plus, now that everyone and their frandmother can teleport its meaningless that the fixer can.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Originally posted by Thugdoom

Fixers have lots going for them. Like that thing you do. And the stuff you can use against the people. And don't forget that whatchamacallit that does that other thing.

Fixers got it made.
    Damn, I forgot about that! JimSalabim was right, our cluster bullets will save the day!
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Talking

I'd give up grid nanos, help take them back from docs, and steal beacon warp from engys to put it on fixers where it belongs;

If you help keep my team heals from becoming jack sh*t
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Dont worry... the requirements will be raised no doubt and rely on us standing naked, except for some no drop uber loot b4 we can cast it

Any fixer love we have has a horrible edge to it that is designed to hurt more than help
    Queen of the Ninjas

No, this thread isn't a sarcastic Fixer-*****ing wankfest. It's constructive and definitely worthy of the space it takes up in the BBS DB. Yep, something new is being discussed here.

Tip, folks. You're not hot **** because you have an idea. 90% of the time, someone else has already had it. Do a little research before you open your traps.

Originally posted by Engelstein
    No, this thread isn't a sarcastic Fixer-*****ing wankfest. It's constructive and definitely worthy of the space it takes up in the BBS DB. Yep, something new is being discussed here.

Tip, folks. You're not hot **** because you have an idea. 90% of the time, someone else has already had it. Do a little research before you open your traps.
    Hey, hot tip for you. We're allowed to post just as much as anyone else, and if people want to post on thise thread then that's what they're going to do. If you have a problem wiht that then its your tough luck.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast