Thread: Nanomage Liberation Front

Nanomage Liberation Front

Nanomage Liberation Front
    Jamior

OTPC -- The Nanomage Liberation Front, a group of people believed by most to be terrorists and by a rare few to be freedom fighters. They say they fight for the Nanomage cause. But do they?

The Nanomage Liberation Front is a group of Homo Nano, among with a small number of Atroxes, who believe their lives are at risk due to the depletion of notum. Because of this, they have frequently protested and have even resorted to terrorist attacks against other people and their property. Recently, it has been rumored they even attempted to destroy the Rompa Bar. But are their concerns with their personal welfare valid?

The Nanomage Liberation Front has two principal fears for themselves. The first revolves around a simple, yet profound question: how much notum does it take to keep a Nanomage alive? The second concerns the rate of depletion of Rubi-Ka's notum supply: they believe that once it’s gone, it’s gone forever, and they’ll die soon after.

The group strikes frequently against Omni-Mining (IC). Most believe that the NLF's frequent terrorist operations against the organization are directed in the hope that in response they would slow or stop the mining of notum. Omni-Mining, however, remains unwilling to do so for business reasons.

Without the mining, Omni-Mining would not be able to fund their substantial workforce, and countless would become unemployed. If the shipments of notum to off-world were halted, Omni-Tek's clients -- most importantly the other hyper-corporations -- would naturally not be pleased. In fact, they might be displeased enough that it could potentially incite yet another corporate war, as notum-starved hyper-corporations would undoubtedly decide to come to take the notum for themselves. It is doubtful that they would care about the fears and plight of the NLF. Not to mention that, without the notum mining, the nanomage breed would have never been created in the first place given Omni-Tek's original purpose for Rubi-Ka was the mining of Notum.

The NLF's concerns about the levels of available notum dropping to a point where it would be harmful to the Nanomage breed are completely unfounded, or as Omni-Tek Research and Development Project Manager Vanessa Grotten explains. "Any rumors that the notum fields on Rubi-Ka are depleted." she says, "are out and out lies, spread by our competitors in order to elicit hysterics. Levels of subcutaneous notum are such that we have not even seen a need to expand our mining efforts to the non-terraformed areas of the planet."

If we are that far from the point where notum reaches too scarce a supply for the Homo Nano's needs, there is still the problem of not knowing how much notum is required to keep them alive. Scientists and researchers do not know if this hypothetical survival threshold is a large or small amount of notum, but Omni-Med Doctor Samual Gresode, a Homo Nano himself, says that, "Rubi-Ka is replete with notum. It is in the air, soil, flora and fauna. Indeed, all life -- every single cell -- is saturated with the wondrous substance, for it is a part of creation. The Homo Nano thrives because of this connection. As a result, there is plenty of notum to keep any number of Nanomages alive and no reason to calculate daily requirements."

Indeed, both of the NLF's principal fears seem unfounded. It is highly possible the level of notum will never drop to the point where they will need to stop mining out of fear that the Nanomage would be killed.

So why does the Nanomage Liberation Front continue to strike against those who are working to feed their families and possibly better their own lot in life? Omni-Mining (IC) is researching a way to actually cut down on the quantity of notum shipped off-planet, while keeping the profit steady -- or even increasing their profit levels. And yet, the Nanomage Liberation Front is working against them to halt that very same research.

Perhaps the Nanomage Liberation Front is not about solving these issues at all, as their own research would have undoubtedly come to the same conclusions. Perhaps it is not about saving the lives of other members of the Homo Nano race, but is rather about terrorists seeking whatever small hold of acceptance they can grab from the fears of the everyday members of the Nanomage community. Regardless, one thing is clear: they are fanatical, and seem nowhere near ceasing their attempts to bring panic and chaos to Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka.

Re: Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC

Indeed, both of the NLF's principal fears seem unfounded. It is highly possible the level of notum will never drop to the point where they will need to stop mining out of fear that the Nanomage would be killed.
    Truer words have never been spoken. I like them so much, I'll repeat it again for the sake of the Nanomage Liberation Front members who read this Grid entry.

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Brak, Nanomage based in Newland

Personally as a Nanomage I think the NLF are a pack of wackos and their tactics will not accomplish anything, haven't we learned anything from history? Brute force is only effective if you can overwhelm your enemy quickly, and frankly we can't do that.

I thought we were suppose to be the smart ones! Going toe-to-toe with OT? Not a smart move, look at the clans, now using our superior brains to work around them and accomplish our goal of a long sustainable supply of notum, that is another matter.

Think you fools! You have power here, don't waste it throwing around flashy nano programs, think!
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

This is nothing but Omni-Tek propoganda against the Nanomage Liberation Front. All one has to do is look at the source of this "news" article and see that. It is completely unsubstantiated and full of lies to try to put on a good image for Omni Mining.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

If it's all lies, Aazamon, then give us some facts to refute them.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Propaganda this, propaganda that. Everything someone else said that dosen't aggree with your own view can be 'propaganda'. Be it through erroneous or false information, thats propaganda. Even the truth can be propaganda when confronted with the fact of those within Omni-Tek wanting to reopen diplomatic relations with the CoT. Instead, the CoT wants to instigate a war they chose to dismiss/ignore it as 'propaganda'.

Omni-Tek saying they don't like NLF running around trying to hurt people for mining Notum? That's propaganda.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

In fact every single time OTPC writes an article theres a clanner, or a NLF`r or someone else standing on the barricades screaming "Propaganda". The word is over used and has lost its meaning to me.
    In a way every time you speak your mind about a cause, Its propaganda. Think about it...
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats