Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Static Dungeon Spawn Time Discussion

Static Dungeon Spawn Time Discussion

First, a bit of news -

Today a change was made to the Camelot static dungeon. Previously, after everyone had left Camelot dungeon (that is, no player is in the dungeon playfield), the dungeon would remain for a short period of time and then a new dungeon would be loaded from the a hard disk. This, unfortunately, has caused problems.

Firstly, there has recently been alot of arguing and conflict between players because of instances where a few players would log a character into the dungeon to stop the dungeon itself from being loaded again. This has escalated into petitions, onto the boards here, and into other mediums. This type of conflict isn't good, to say the least, and we would rather give you the game mechanics to enjoy your play time, rather than be affected by conflict because of game mechanics.

Secondly, the fact that a dungeon can be loaded in such a quick time was not our primary plan. The items that are found in these static dungeons are meant to be very special and, depending on the item itself, somewhat hard to obtain - which raises it's uniqueness and worth. The ability for players to obtain a new dungeon in fairly quick succession made the items more available than we had hoped, and the items less special.

So, with these two factors heavily in mind, we made a change to the Camelot static dungeon. The previous load time of a dungeon (time it takes for a new dungeon to load after the last player leaves it) was set at that time to save server power. The time it now takes for a new dungeon to load up is now longer - what was intended originally, and what will be better for general gameplay. Note that nothing in the dungeon has been touched, and Camelot is the only static dungeon affected.

This now brings me onto a discussion I would like to start. Regarding the availability of special items, one thing we could have done is to keep the load time of dungeons the same, but either decrease your chance of finding a special item on a MOB (that is, make the loot more random). So, essentially, if you kill Tarasque (after putting in all that effort) there is less chance of getting Tarasque's items. Another option is to decrease the spawn of MOBs inside the dungeon. These are examples.

Basically, what I am doing, is inviting you all to participate in a discussion on unique items, unique MOBs, and camping - all in light of this change to Camelot. **Is what we had before acceptable? Is this change more of a step in the right direction? (in time, making this change to all the static dungeons) Or do we need to address the randomisation of loot itself on MOBs? **Do you want eally good loot and not much randomisation, or extremely great loot and less randomisation?

We'd like to hear your thoughts, so lay it all on me.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Angry You've got to be kidding me...

We wanted less downtime, less camping. You can't artificially make something valuable or worthwhile by making it harder to get to the creature that drops it. You just raise the bar for people who want that item so that they will try harder to get it, which translates to more camping, more frustration, and more problems.

You can't make something valuable by making it nodrop either, it just makes people go there themselves, or get warped there for looting, which brings more problems.

It is just as frustrating to kill Tarasque and have the looter on your team say: Nada. Over time you just hope no one is ninja-looting.

The items should be on the creature each time. If the creature has too many items, then spread them around. Tarasque drops several items of value and makes for an interesting fantasy style D&D loot-hoarding dragon. But this is AO, why am I killing dragons???

In 14.2, you intend to give Tarasque more hitpoints, and make it harder to fight (Tara will be using more nanos - AoE, DoT, and DD). Will this make the challenge more fun for us? No, it's just your way of forcing inventory control (so many edges, so many overcoats, etc.).

Enough with the artificial economy. Items that are unique/rare should be ones that players make for themselves, requiring 1k in certain tradeskills so that several people are required to make it. Then add the names of the people who helped build it to the final description of the item. That will make for some unique items. Especially if the final result depends on rare ingredients, and the QL of those ingredients. These items should be tradeable while in a resulting sealed canister, that can be opened with any lock pick, the open item should then be nodrop.

Right now, you are pushing the game more toward campfest by placing uber items on one mob in one dungeon. But we all guess that's you're way of forcing people into political zones.

Give us a player economy where the players drive the value of items, not spawn rates and randomized drop rates.

Talking In a different direction...

This idea has been around the forums for a long time:

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    I make no judgements as to the actual events other than two seperate groups wanting to have fun came into contact and the end result was a spoiled and wasted play session for one group of people.

Dungeon Key dispensers are needed to prevent crap like this. 3305 Local could have had a great guild event if not for the aftereffects intentional or not of the other guild.

Dungeon Key dispensers are needed badly. This post would not have had to happen and two guilds would have had a good time. Instead we end up with threats, hard feelings, tied up ARK/GM resources, and most importantly wasted playtime by paying customers.
    Original post here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=26916

It seems to me your just making it harder for people without the items to get them

Making the ones who have them already even more "uber".

To me FC has made mistakes this way. AO has alot of chars going around with items that were "easier" to get, and now the upcoming people will find it "harder" to get these items.

I have no idea how you can change this, Im not moaning, it's just my opinion.
    Lordvold Fix MA's
    Flxme The ranged alt

"My theory is that this was probably done in some way that it was supposed to end at a given date like 1st January 2010. Back then there was of course no one that would imagine that AO would last past 2010" Eponyx

Id like to see less and unpredictable downtime, and make it such that players inside dungeon wouldnt interfere the spawn time, make spawn time completely random, say 2-6 hours. If you make spawntime 3x faster, you should make the loot more rare say 50% less chance to drop loot.

And add more similar unique uber mobs in political/mayhem zone as well, someone has suggested Queen Medussa in DAV or some super ninjadroid in PW. Put some agro mobs around the unique mob so people cannot place a lowbie alt char and leave comp to watch spawn 24/7.

More unique mobs with random spawn time will reduce some camping problem, like when 3 unique mobs are up at the same time, omni kills one, clan kills another, and then both fight for the 3rd.

Cosmik,

I think I speak for a majority of players when I say the following: it's not about the items themselves. It's about having an experience in a dungeon that people are begging you for.

The items are proof to yourself and others that you were there. Nothing more, nothing less. When a group of decent and fun-minded individuals goes into Smuggler's Den to have a wonderful Sunday of Dungeon Crawling and maybe come out with some semi-decent loot that's what the spirit of this game should be all about.

However, the current situation is such that because the Mantis Eggs or DeCranum's Armor is the best thing possible for Shoulders or PvP'ing, the Dungeon becomes a cesspool of foul player interaction. It's where you go to find a bad time unless you're one of a select few.

Those of us who are not willing to deal with the current crap required to out-grief those who 'own' these dungeons don't care if everybody in the game had these 'special' items. We want to be able to enjoy ourselves in these dungeons. We want to be able to bring our brothers-in-arms into these special places and spend a few hours fighting against whatever the developers can place in our paths.

Two things most of us don't want as obstacles: time or grief players.

Let me repeat it for you. We don't care if every single other player in the game has Tarasque's Left Ear or the Mantis Queens Underpants if they managed to kill them. When my band of brothers comes to the point where they are able to take on these monsters, we want to be able to set a time and a date to do so. We want to spend hours fighting at each other's sides and getting over setbacks to finally be able to wear the Mantis Queen's Underpants as well.

You know what you have put in our way to prevent this? Time and grief players. If you manage to make it to the Boss, they may not be there. What kind of letdown is this to a group of heroes. To show up at the Dragons door to see a sign "Be back in 15 minutes"? Come on, get real.

Then you have to overcome the second obstacle to having fun. You always have the gnats either large or small, on your side or the other, knowingly or not, doing everything in their power to make sure that you don't have a good time. They will camp the monster with level 200 characters, train the dungeon on your group, and otherwise do whatever necessary to spoil you day.

All this is a recipe for NonFun and in the case of many of my guildies one day just never showing up again. That last just pisses me off to no extent. All these people in these 200-member guilds who have no idea what their actions (intentional or innocent) are doing to the core playerbase of the game.

Now, I have to schedule a date with my guildies that remain to try to do something that is exciting for once. The three brothers who formed it hardly log on anymore as the only options seem to be doing another mission or going to a nightclub and chatting. So we HOPE, and PRAY, that on this obscure night we will be able to enjoy the dungeon the way it was meant to be. We hold little hope as guild X or department Y will more than likely be there pharming eggs and DeCranum's leaving us once again to maybe do a Team Mission and chat a bit and log off in disgust.

If giving every single one of those players a full set of DeCranum's and a Triumverant Egg would keep them out of there forever, then make it so and do it now. We simply don't care about the rarity of these items. You just don't get it. You are going to have people whining againt that last statement I made and you will know who the whiners are: the members of Guild X and Department Y who have managed to exclude the other 98% of the playerbase from enjoyin this content.

Solutions:

- Stop putting known items on known MOB's. The fact that you could get Gamma Ejectors from random MOB's inside the Foremans' Dungeon was the way to go. If you put the Gamma Ejector on a single monster on a spawn timer, you'd hear as much moaning about that as you do about the Crat Suit.

- Reintroduce the idea of seperate Dungeon instances. You promised us this. I repeat, you promised you would not make the same mistakes we saw in other games. We feel let down by you in this regard.

- Put the outdoor Unique MOB's inside shacks so that you can have multiple copies of them for people to fight.

- Allow us to petitition an ARK to create an instance of a Dungeon for special guild events. We'd send in a request a month in advance if we could be assured of finally having something different to do somewhere down the road. I don't care if it's once every six months that we can request to have a certain Dungeon spawned. At least those few days would be special and fun.

- Stop making Unique MOB's items so damn powerful unless you make it so that every eligible player has a shot at getting the item. Example is Zuwadza's shirt. Do you even realize how incredibly powerful +22 MattCrea/T&S is to an MP at certain stages of their carreer? If this item is available to those who sit on their asses or only to members of guilds who can afford to have 'spotters' who call in the troops the second he 'pops' we got a serious problem. If these items are to remain in the game, then they should be considered as part of the balancing equipment of a profession. EVERY MP should be expected as part of their 'rites of passage' to one day meet Zuwadza and get this item by hook or by crook. THAT is fun. THAT is character development. What you have now just sucks. People don't mind getting their Neleb's Cloak. It's expected that at some time in your career you will probably get a group together and take on the big guy. Aside from some minor griefing, if you say let's go to SoM on Friday, odds are you will have a fun and successful guild outing.

Let me repeat a point pertaining to that last post. The majority of us don't care if every single god damned MP in the game has Zuwadza's Black Shirt. It's the GETTING it that should be exciting. Gathering friends and killing the bastard and getting to put on your new uniform should be a red letter day for your character. Not waiting for days on end and outgriefing or kill stealing from someone else to procure your shameful goods.

We want to enjoy your content. The current system keeps people out. People ARE NOT enjoying the dungeons and items you have put in because they have been 'claimed' by a miniscule fraction of the playerbase. I would venture to say that a large portion of your 150+ playerbase is leaving the game right now without ever having seen the Mantis Queen or Tarasque because of the poor game mechanics you've introduced and the NonFun gametime that's encouraged.

Please fix this.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; May 28th, 2002 at 19:46:20.

Re: Static Dungeon Spawn Time Discussion

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Secondly, the fact that a dungeon can be loaded in such a quick time was not our primary plan. The items that are found in these static dungeons are meant to be very special and, depending on the item itself, somewhat hard to obtain - which raises it's uniqueness and worth.
    How can you and the rest of the people at Funcom rationalize this with your recent assertion that Funcom hates camping? Can't you see what is going on? There have been monstrous outcries against camping and you do something that is going to make it even harder to get the stuff we want?

After a couple of hundred people posted here saying that they hate camping, one of your people had the audacity to ask if we hated camping in a list of questions. 99% of the respondents said 'Yes, we hate camping'. So what do you give us? More camping!

Your customers pay to play the game and want these items. Does that mean they shouldn't have to work for them? Heck, no! Does this mean that they should be able to work for them? Yes! Your current system, made worse by this decision, makes it so that large clans can dominate spawns. Go into Steps of Madness and count the level 100+s in there camping Neleb Coat for some guildmate or guildmate's alt. If this is not what you intended, then fix it instead of making it worse!

Two steps backward for every step forward.

Scorus

Cosmik,

Please have whoever is making this decision read the following two threads and then come tell us why they know so much more than your paying customers about what we want:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=16899

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/for...hp?forumid=183

And here is your quote from one of those:
    Camping sucks. That's pretty much the feeling in this thread and it's the feeling at Funcom. So, what the designers are doing now is looking at ways to help eliminate the limited camping there is. Things like mixing up the spawn times and spawn points alot (making them alot less predictable) and looking at the camping in static dungeons (e.g. Tarasque) to put a stop to that.

I've seen some good ideas here and will show them to the designers. In the meantime please do take note that camping is being worked on. It makes baby Cosmik cry and we're working on eliminating it.
    Put dungeon key dispensers outside each dungeon and let us have fun in them without worrying about spawn times and grief players. THAT is what your playerbase wants.

Scorus

These conflicts you speak about are because the spawn times are already too long in the first place. DECREASE spawn times to fix it, don't increase them.

An example of a perfect unique mob with unique loot is Oscar. Never ever do you see anyone complaining about this little reet. You kill him if you're able, you loot, and you're done. He spawns somewhere else *within seconds* for someone else to challenge him. Same goes for Ownz, Joo, Powa, George, or the level 100 bronto catcher whats-his-name in GTC. THAT is how unique mobs should work.

No camping, no unhappy people.

Bionitrous' post is lucid and complete, and reflects my opinion on these matters as well.

- Tboo

Cosmik -

What you have caused me and basically my entire guild to do is consider that unique items don't actually exist. When I go to AG looking for an item I need, if it happens to drop off of a mob that has an 18 hour spawn time, you aren't making it fun to me. This isn't fun.

I hate camping.
    I despise camping.

In all honesty, I am not willing to wait even 45 minutes of my precious time (2 jobs and school) for NELEB! I feel even for that big ugly jerk I had to wait 130 levels and when nobody was their to have a SOM spawn all to myself so I could fight though it and when I found the end, actually accompished something.

Having a boss mob at the end of the Dungeon that spawns every 3 to 4 hours only leads to one thing.

- High level guild spotters and timers that log onto chars just to get the item when the boss spawn.
    - Camping, camping and more camping.
    - Camping.
    - High level guilds essentially owning every so called "special" item in the game.
    - Increased frustration
    - Increased downtime
    - Items to be considered "non-existant" to all but 1% of the player population.

To put it simply, you screwed it up. You promised no camping and you forced us to camp. Having boss mobs drop new items at the end of team missions is FUFILLING because you go into it expecting to find a boss mob at the end of the mission. You KNOW there is a chance he will drop something cool

Not so for boss mobs, and not so for unique mobs.

Have you ever done a quest in Daoc? I know Daoc is a horrible boring game but the quest system is VERY much the way AOs should be. If you go and try to find a boss you need to kill in order to finish a quest, theres one defining thing. EVERYBODY IN THE TEAM GETS THE REWARD LOOT. Every member. When you go to see a boss mob in Daoc, you don't expect to find a bunch of people camping (because i've never seen anything dead for more then 5 minutes) and you also KNOW that if you have trouble everybody around you would want to team up to kill it. And the quest reward is PROFESSION DEPENDANT! No Crat suit for a Soldier.

You can only do the quest once.
    You can only get one of the item.

That is how it should be.

Every Crat as a right of PASSAGE should go to kill the Lab Director to get that suit. As much as I hate to say it, other professions shouldn't even have the RIGHT to loot that item from the Lab Director.

Every item in the game should be attainable to every character given hard TEAM work. As it sits now, these items might as well not exist because I will not only never see the mob that drops them but I will never be in the guild who gets them.

I am a casual player. All the uniques and boss items in this game only cause me frustration and greif. I hate it. I have canceled my subscription many times after being greifed at boss camps and now I have learned not to even TRY to go there NOR attempt to even get it. I don't try.

Your wonderful special items don't even exist to me and 99% of players in this game. You might as well have no even put them in.

Solutions:
    - 45 minutes top spawn time if you INSIST on bosses.
    - Randomization of loot drops across the dungeon
    - Randomization of unique nodrop items dropping from REGULAR MOBS! Even if it's .001% chance of happening, it would be AWESOME to see something very unique drop from a Master Bothacker in a random mission.
    - Only one of each item may be obtained PER CHAR. Meaning you can only get one of a special item and if you already have gotten it once before you don't even have the OPTION of getting another one.
    - Once the above works, you could add key dispencers at the entrances to Dungeons. Heck, you could even add quests that you have to complete before you can even obtain a key. The scare with the key is that high levels will just generate new dungeons endlessly and get the item over and over. If you can only get it once, it would be a waste of time otherwise.

Get something clear Cosmik and they relay it to your Dev team. You changes only promote the following:

- Camping
    - Greifing
    - Frustration
    - Wasted time
    - Uselessness

It's sad when players like myself don't even want to know certain items EXIST because we know we'll never be able to compete with the above 5 stated things to get the item, no matter how useful it is.

Your player base does not care if 100% of the people in the game have a unique item. Your player base wants 0% camping in this game.

Tell that to the people who make decisions.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; May 28th, 2002 at 20:14:52.

This wouldn't have been necessary if you had listened to the playerbase at any time during the last few months since the introduction of SoM.

At the moment we have threads on this message board, 2 of which was started by me, where you have Clan Storm and The Council b1tchslapping each other over who's been doing the most training/spawn blocking/who's going to own who etc etc.

With this measure you are only going to give members of these guilds and others like them even MORE incentive to camp unique mobs than they have already. I mean c'mon man for crying out loud, these people are in Smuggler's and Camelot 24/7. 24/7!!!! No-one, and I mean no-one, gets a look-in. It's bad enough you have next to no chance out-damaging one group never mind 2,3,4 uber-Guild groups all fighting over the same mob. Just look at the threads, read them threatening each other or being smug about who's farmed more eggs than the other in the last day or so. How can you not see how wrong this is?

You are perpetuating this problem with this supposed fix, the only way to guarantee that anyone besides Joe90 and his 200 friends in uber-guild X ever has a chance at this stuff is to spawn unique instances of each dungeon or install key dispensers outside them. Heck make the means of entrance into a multi-person quest even, something you have to do that doesn't involve camping yet another mob that rewards you with an item like the Childhood Memory for SoM that you can dupe and give to guild friends, so you can all toddle off and enjoy a few hours of exploration plus the chance of getting some really good loot at the end.

How hard can it be for you to do that? It seems to me that you are taking quick-fix options in an effort to avoid effort. You cannot play this game and be in touch with the playerbase and NOT know that this isn't the way to fix things. I get called a whiner and a conspiracy theorist with my rantings about favouritism in this game, yet people don't stop to think that by passively encouraging camping of mobs FC are demonstrating this tacitly.

This isn't even about item replacement or dimension transfers. You KNOW who the most well-organised and twinked/powerful people are in this game and what guilds they are members of and what their favourite activity is (camping mobs, griefing, ganking, camping mobs and erm, did I mention camping mobs?).

By refusing to fix this problem properly you are continuing to cater solely for these severe hardcore powergamers, while suggesting that other people should also become sever junkie hardcore powergamers in order to compete with them. Newsflash: some people have a life.

Think about it.......
    Last edited by Koppo; May 28th, 2002 at 20:45:19.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

So, basically what you are saying Kopo is that I might as well call the guys and tell them not to even bother going to Smuggler's on the time and date we've planned? We got two uber-guilds parked in there every single minute of the day.

This is what Lucid was talking about when he says these places and items don't exist to him. Essentially after hearing what Kopo stated, Smuggler's Den doesn't exist for us either.

FunCom, do you realize how much this absolutlely sucks? Do you realize how many people are just about ready to say 'f-this'?

Please do me a favor and give a full set of DeCranums and two completed eggs to every member of those guilds. Honestly, the rest of us don't mind. We really don't care of they have that stuff as long as they go away and the rest of us can enjoy a dungeon crawl.

Please don't bother to put in any more Static Dungeons or Unique Monsters if you are going to leave it the way it is. For the vast majority of your customer base, they don't exist anyway.

You got it right Bio, Mantis Queen and the breeeders that drop eggs are currently camped round the clock, as is Tarasque. Guess what? It's the same people that do the camping, same names, same faces, same guilds.

I honestly think that things in this game remain as they are because FC staff are in on it. I'll probably have Noer in here in a sec sniping at me as usual for saying this, remarking that I spend too much time watching X-Files, but look at the situation. Hacked accounts? Which guild? Nullity disk? Which guild? (and I swear I was told in-game by more than one person that not only was that item re-imbursed by a GM, but they got a complete crystal rather than just the disk). Any thread on this board that has anywhere near a fair few posting and a few thousand views usually involve which guilds/guild members in some way, shape or form.

You know what I would love to see? A list of ARK's and GM's currently working in-game at this moment in time, and next to their names the names of their "proper" game characters and which guilds they are in. I bet you a few eyebrows would be raised.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

What about out door mobs, ive been trying to kill torrith the ancient for over a month now and ive only seen him 3 times. Twice he killed me the other time we killed him but he didnt drop what i want.

The last time i saw him was 3 weeks ago and ive been back every day. For such a crappy mob an 18+ hour spawn isnt needed.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Not only are a few guilds camping these spawns, they are using it as leverage to recruit. They are actually telling people that they won't get item X unless they join them. Some of the guilds pretend they are engaging in such tactics to force Funcom to end camping. Others admit they enjoy being grief players and says that if Funcom didn't want griefers then they wouldn't make it so easy for them.

I'm glad that Cosmik is asking our opinion, though if your company actually listened to us then you would never have come up with this camping-friendly change in the first place.

Scorus

End camping and long spawn times for Boss mob's...

Put a timer on the player that wont let him/her enter the dungeon again for say 3 months after getting the loot or at the very least stop the player from looting the item again for 3 months...

There are a number of great ideas in this thread...

Just my two credits..
    Llyrr - Level 120 Omni Agent

"They show you how detergents take out bloodstains. I think if you've got a T-shirt with bloodstains all over it, maybe your laundry isn't your biggest f*ing problem." - George Carlin

I got the say the current unique mobs and dungeons work pretty well. I'd advice you to look at adding things rather than changing the current ones.

That the smaller guilds dont get any much ph4tz l3wt atm is all about lack of content. There is about enough content for two major guilds to stay busy. There are however more than 2 guilds in the game so the content is saturated with players all the time. The most prominent players will always be beating the casual ones to the spawns first and they tent to gather with eachother to create the so called powerguilds.

My advice is to create more content the easy way. Add copies of the camelot dungeon in places like Belial forest and make the whole thing 0% gas. That helps with the saturation of players since they get content from also killing eachother.

Add copies of Smugglers Den in a few low gas areas, make some of them 0% and some of them 25% so people can remove eachother again. Keep adding copies of already existing areas like this and your creating content. The players will have to figure out how to check on enemy movements around these copied dungeons as they will give alot more options for activities.

Once many enough of these copies have been added there will be mobs available for the killing almost 24/7, the smaller guilds will get their chances at the fights, either in the high risk dungeons or they can choose to wait for the low risk ones to be available. You can bet that guilds like Storm would focus on getting loot from the high risk areas cause we really like a good challenge, the farming you see happening today is because there is NOTHING else to do that gives high level players much reason to help lower level people in the guild.

Maybe make a smugglers den with omni-aligned npc's that drop items only to clan teams, and one smugglers with clan aligned npc's that give items only to omni teams.

We need something to go to that isnt the same place as everyone else goes to. You have also seen my proposal for how to make warzones where "unique" npcs are guarded by payers and other npc's and you get to fight both to get your rewards.

with real many places to go to you'll see people spread out, no one guild would be strong enough to cover ALL the uniques as we currently can do. If there was enough content so my guild for example could cover only 10% of it there would be loads and loads of things for all other guilds to do.

Add copies of Tarasque himself in the 0% zones, guarded by all kinds of funky creatures you find out there. Maybe change his loot table so these copies have less of the good loot or maybe make some of them incredibly hard just to mess with the players. Make the "Ub4r braindog Boo" somewhere in Central artery valley and give him 5 friend guards who would beat juggernauts in a one on one. You should make some "s00pr enigma giant" who lays ot the smackdown on anyone who comes close. And give them some fun loot, no need to make it uber, make it useful but with a weak side, like armor thats good for melee but sux for proj or somesuch.

Maybe make a troop of tarasques in the maze in deep artery valley, imagine 10 or so Tarasques within sight of eachother guarding the room where lord dragonclaw usually hangs out. That would be pretty cool and a good challenge to beat that would keep storm off the other uniques for many hours now and then.

Even if the chance for getting loot every kill is kindof slim we still get something to do, thats alot more important than getting loaded with uber gear. There however must be enough reward from the new copied mobs to make it worth the trouble, twice the trouble and a fourth of the loot would still be much enough for us to get busy.

I could go on about this for a long while...

Wolfe, gimpman
    Last edited by Wolfe; May 28th, 2002 at 22:15:50.

is it just me or have we seen a thread just like this before? We are increasing spawn rate on bla. bla. what do you think? I think its clear from every other thread similar to this that the majority of your players do NOT want to camp. To me its actually really simple:

NO item that has any sort of value to the player in posession of it should a) be obtained by "luck" b) be obtained by camping some unique long-spawn bastard BUT should instead be available to EVERY PLAYER that puts in HARD WORK and possibly TEAM EFFORTS. Hard work does NOT mean camping a dungeon for serveral weeks, getting screwed by high level people. Get a grip of what this is, its a computer game, they idea with computer games is that people can enjoy themself (I really dont know why im still playing this - but do know that I wont pay for another subscription period unless fc starts to show some new tendencies). Why make it so that only the powergamers can get their hands on some items, items that are often extremly powerfull. You might say that powergamers should get rewarded for their "work". Well I guess they already get since they lvl faster, they get more money etc. (which is cool) but they shouldnt be capabel of making the game frustrating for other players. If they have fun with playing this game all day, day in and day out, then thats just fine, cause thats the way they like it. That should however not mean that casual player will never stand a chance at getting items/experiences because of these players.

Its really a quite simple question: Do Funcom wish to put the case of the powergamers before the case of the casual gamers? If that is the case I think we should leave this game - if its not I think FC should shart to show it .. before we leave this game.

Edit: Wolfe >> All your thoughts and suggestions comes from a wish to benefit Storm. Oh yeah make some copies of camelot in 0% and if the small guilds dont dare go there because your kind (im being rude I know, its just to make a point) is waiting there rdy to show them back to the reclaim terminal. They can then just "choose to wait for the low risk ones to be available" meaning that the situation for the casual player will be almost unchanged and the power gamers will have benefited from it.
    Last edited by Gnubi; May 28th, 2002 at 22:18:18.

WHY is this so hard to understand? We HATE camping.

PS:
    I dig what Wolfe wrote in his post. More content in other areas of the world would be nice instead of the vast expanses of absolutely nothing special in several PFs.
    Last edited by PaulyShore; May 28th, 2002 at 23:07:45.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast