Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker

Sentinels win CoT election by landslide. Simon declines the office of first speaker.
    April 24 IRRK Headline News

Simon Silverstone, the leader of the Sentinel clan refused to take leadership of the Council of Truth in spite of winning today's election.

Said Silverstone, "I dont have the time to run the Council of Truth, let one of Galahad's fancy pants do the talking. I've got Omni's to fight."

That someone other is the second place Knights of Avalon. As a result, Henry Radiman announced a press conference tomorrow in Avalon to formally announce the new speaker.

Times of the conference are: (Dim2 6PM GMT, Dim1 midnight(Sunday/Monday) GMT

This is certainly surprising. It shows that all the clans want is war. But before I make assumptions, I would like to hear more.

Does anyone know if the conference on Sunday is open to all citizens of Rubi-Ka? Or is it just for the clans only?

Swift, it doesn't show that all the clans want is war, it's what the Sentinels want....other clan factions want peace, others, like the Knights, of which I am a representative of, aren't sure what they really want, other than a peaceful end.

There's a lotta friendly clans out there, and it's a good thing the CoT is here to bring all those factions together to do what's right.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Originally posted by Nulion

There's a lotta friendly clans out there, and it's a good thing the CoT is here to bring all those factions together to do what's right.
    I think Swiftmind's point is in the headline...If there are so many friendly clans, how did the Sentinels win "by a landslide?"

Originally posted by Keldros

I think Swiftmind's point is in the headline...If there are so many friendly clans, how did the Sentinels win "by a landslide?"
    Maybe because of something a former player of AO once said to me...

"Certian key players on omni tek (some would even say clan too) realize there cannot be a peace."

as I like to say....'blood calls out for blood'. :/
    Hello, my name is Adan..and I was addicted to Nanokits......untill I discovered Notum Siphon CQ (tm)
    Adan Solkalibur Basso
    Nano-Technician

Armor Layout

Clan affiliated supporter of the Nanomage Liberation Front.

Something to bear in mind is that the Sentinels represent the only popular radical interest on the council, and attract "support" even from clans who have a strong interest in a less militant clan Sentinels. In contrast, there are a small handful of popular options for more moderate and conservative clans. So while it may appear that clan Sentinels wields vast power over the clans at this point, in practice I doubt that their power will run unchecked.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Nonetheless. given the show of support given the the Sentinles, I think its fair to assume that any chance of them being removed from Tir looks remote. As such Newland's attempt to appease the Clans by removing The Warrs has failled.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

appease? why don't neutrals stay neutral....not their business what we do in our cities....if it is safe from omnis, sentinels are doing a good job

It does not matter if not all the Clans are supporting the Sentinels. It does not matter that some of the Clans supporting the Sentinels do not support them fully. The mere fact that the Sentinels have majority support means the war will be inevitable. In a democratic society, a majority will win; thus will the Sentinels get their way. And don't try and say the Knights will be able to check them; they are a non-entity.

Perhaps now our neutral friends will reconsider their stance with the Clans; it is obvious the rebels have no interest with sharing the planet with anyone.
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

Originally posted by Savoy
    Nonetheless. given the show of support given the the Sentinles, I think its fair to assume that any chance of them being removed from Tir looks remote. As such Newland's attempt to appease the Clans by removing The Warrs has failled.

Savoy
    More than failed it is a slap in the face to all the neutrals who have tried to reach out to the Clans. Any Clan supporting the Sentinels have now declared war on neutrals. They may not care but this is a fact. I do not say that Clans declared war on neutrals, only the ones supporting the Sentinals. This after we worked our asses off for months after months to remove the warr gang at great peril to ourselves and others. It is a sad sad sad day for Rubi-Ka!
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

...whereas the NLF declared war on all who mine......
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

quite the opposite Vixentrox, all who mine declare war on the Nanomages of this planet.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Since the majority of the Clans represented already have mines i belive, and already have "declared war" on you, then this is no change in the state of affairs is it?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

And one more thing:

The Sentinels do not hold the majority of votes in the Council of Truth. They did get the most number of votes for any single clan. But they do not have 50% or more of the total votes.

Meaning, the Sentinels can be outvoted by the other factions combined.

And it's rather early to go doomsaying about the future. Only when the future becomes the present, and then the past, can we see if predictions come true.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Wise words Kzak.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Originally posted by Savoy

Savoy
    Not that I'm ecstatic about Silverstone's surprising rise to power, but I thought the Newland city council got rid of the mercenaries because they were oppressive bullies with a de facto control over the city. I've certainly enjoyed the freedom to enter and do business in Newland City since, but never once was I under the impression that the city council or the Omni citizens who helped fund and organize the effort had done it all for me.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

It may be too soon to predict doom, but it’s plenty time to be alarmed. To most non-Clanners, Silverstone is somewhere between Attila and Stalin. This is not a man merely satisfied with protecting the Clans land and rights, he is a hate individual dedicated to the extinction of all Omni-Tek employees, and he hates the Neutrals even more.

When the Sentinels seized Tir, many Clans spokesmen were quick to point out that this was an outrage, that most Clanners were against this coup and that in time the Clans themselves would take care of the Sentinel problem. As no one had any figures to back this, many observers simply accepted these claim at face value.

This vote is the first real test of Clan popular opinion. It may not be perfect, but all we have to go on. What is shows is that Sentinels are not just some radical fringe party, but rather they fact enjoy large popular support, as much as all the other major Clan put together. And what is more, those Clans who just months ago were denouncing Silverstone as a tyrant and butcher now seemed prepared to work with him.

So yes, we are alarmed, and maybe you should be too.

Savoy

Originally posted by Aerinyi

Not that I'm ecstatic about Silverstone's surprising rise to power, but I thought the Newland city council got rid of the mercenaries because they were oppressive bullies with a de facto control over the city. I've certainly enjoyed the freedom to enter and do business in Newland City since, but never once was I under the impression that the city council or the Omni citizens who helped fund and organize the effort had done it all for me.
    It was done because the majority of the neutral community did not like seeing thier CLAN friends bullied and harrased by the thugs and mercenaries in newland city. It was done for you and all clansmen as well as to protect our neutrallity in the war between Omni-Tek and the Clans.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Aerinyi

That sort of illustrates exactly my point. When the Mercs where in NLC, Clanners had a clear and constant reminder that the Neutral had been wronged by the Clans.

Now that they are gone, memoriesso quickly fade, and people like yourself are left believing that this was just an internal Neutral affair not related to the events in Tir.

Savoy

Originally posted by Aazamon
    It was done for you and all clansmen as well as to protect our neutrallity in the war between Omni-Tek and the Clans.
    You'll have to forgive me if I'm a little skeptical of the idea that the freedom to be neutral was just some kind of footnote to your lengthy novel of benevolence and kindness towards the clans.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    Atlantean

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast