Thread: how to simply diversify armors look

how to simply diversify armors look

Something that should be simple to code:
    lets say you buy a pant you like in a miir shop. take your pant armor part and with a shift-right click over the new clothe you are able to tranfer the armor skills on the corresponding clothe part.
    at the end of the process the initial armor piece disapear.
    When you get the info from the new great looking armor you got what was initialy the armor pant and you can wear it as an armour.
    Its possible this way to sell the clothe like any other piece of armor.
    a simple way to diversify how people look and what they want to wear without loose the benefit of a good protection.

i didnt read all the post about new clothes and i suppose it has already been suggested but i hope this idea will be implemented in the near future.
    Last edited by Alphane; May 29th, 2002 at 11:25:42.
    Alphane
    Jetdail
    MA - Clan -

This is a wonderful idea! Truly an informative way of allowing the players to all looks different, no more twins running around, no more cookie-cutters, and no more looking at Senpai coats all the time! There is just one problem that I see.... since the players would want this, and it is relatively easy to implament in the code... it will never happen.

BUT I SURE HOPE IT DOES!

~Phoenx (59 MA - RK1)
    ~Wyldthing (49 Adventurer - RK1)

this idea is great IMO !

I d love to wear primus pants with zebra prints
    Kranoramix - MP
    Haazelthorn - Ing

i totally agree ...
    it'll change from the eternals senpai,nano cloaks,ICC cloak and tank armors...

i want to wear my complete leopard suit!!!!!!!!!!

That is a nice idea. I thought of another one in addition, not sure if its been suggested before, but I'll post it anyway.

We have back worn armor to match nano, omni-pol, primus/secundus/decus, and bio-mech, but, that leaves all the other armor types with nothing. Why hasn't there been anything added to match the cyber armor types, MA armor, tech armor, etc?

I picked up a back-worn suit the other day in a mission. Basically it looked like I was wearing a full omni executive suit. Why can't you simply add Cyber armor suits, MA suits, etc into the game? It wouldn't give as much variety as everyone would like, but it would most definitely cut back on all the dress-wearing people playing the game.

Or you could get even decide to get creative and design back worn armor for each armor type in the game. I haven't thought all the types out myself, but I'm sure someone would be able to think up something. MA armor could be a black robe with the dragon symbol on the back, maybe have a white sash along the waist. Oh, and ya know, MA armor could really use a headworn piece, as well as some gloves. Same for Kevlar armor.

Just a couple ideas. Feel free to add/take away from what I suggested.

As for Shadowlands, I heard that new armor types would be introduced. Now, I think that's great, but I'm really hoping you guys at FC touch up the existing armor before that expansion comes out.

The only problem with this idea is you wouldn't be able to tell what armour type someone was wearing . Like that omni elite or whatever with the low chem protection, the nt's and ma's know to attack those people with chem damage.

It's not much in the way of tactics, but it's a little at least, making clothes be armour would eliminate that little bit of tactics.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

call it "fog of war".. and the pvp could be a bit more ****y

In addition we can imagine to give such ablity to "transfer" armors into clothes only to a given profession with a kind of specific hacker tool and for a given QL.

Oh the humanity!!! Please stop the army of Thong wearing atrox!!!

Ph33r my thong!

/me slides his thong on becoming the super hero ThongGrinder.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Dijou U r UbEr!!!!!

thats a kick - a$$ idea
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Great idea - Bump!
    I must warn you that I fight very dirty, I spit and fart and soil myself

Me

"Sings we a dances of Wolves
    Who smells fear and slays the coward

Sings we a dances of Mans
    Who smells Gold and slays his brother"

Every item in the game needs an entry in the item database. In order for this idea to work, there would have to be hundreds of new entries in the database, one for each combination of clothing and armor. Alas, this seems highly unlikely to be implemented in the near future.

I hope I'm wrong, of course.