Thread: The few, the proud, the Soldiers?

The few, the proud, the Soldiers?

Well I've finally decided to make an Atrox Soldier... I was tired of my fixer being so unable to deal with taking damage. However I'm a little confused about what to do with my Soldier. With Fixer it was easy... SMG/Burst. But my soldier seems a bit more complex. Right now I'm doing Assault, Burst, Fling, Full Auto and Ranged Energy. However I don't know if I've ever seen a gun that has all of those... so I'm worried I'm wasting my points here.

I was told by several people to do it though... saying I would have one gun that I would full auto with and another (Novaflow) I believe that would be my main gun.

Yet all I see in the stores are Energy assault rifles that need Aimed, or great full auto rifles that also need SMG.... and on top of that... great guns that require Heavy Weapons. Even I know I can't invest into more than I've already chose above... but I'm just not sure what's best. I'm not even sure what I've chosen isn't gimpy.

So I come before you all to ask what is the best skillset for an Assault Rifle Soldier? Should I go all energy and foresake the Full Auto and maybe burst? Should I just forget about Energy weapons and stick to Assault Rifles that can Burst/Fling/Full Auto? I don't really mind remaking because I'm only level 10 now and if this game is anything like Asheron's Call... little mistakes in the beginning can ruin your late game enjoyment. So I'd really appreciate it any high level Soldiers gave me their opinions on how to spec... I've read several guides out there but they all seem so old and just plain wrong (dual pistols? Maybe good but not for me). Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ranged Energy
    Assault Rifle
    Burst
    Fling

If you want a Flashpoint for the famous soldier alpha add Full Auto to that list, thats what I've done.

But I have not raised full auto much, doing it at skill caps.

Check out Poweredge's Soldier Guide for all the info you will ever need for a low level soldier.
    Active Characters consist of.

Wingto proud to be a member of The Dojo
    Doktaw stunned to be a member of Friends of The Dojo

Inactive Chars consist of

Severena happy to be a member of Friends of The Dojo
    Shackira a proud member of The Sentinals =TDF=
    All on Rimor

Oh, and take a Solitus instead of an Atrox by the way. You'll be much happier at high levels.

- Tboo

Solitus instead of Atrox are you sure? =/ I already have my Soldier up to 12 as an Atrox heh... I was really liking the big solid tank type Soldier.

Post Solitus is better.

I can tell you with 100% assurance that solitus is much better for a soldier than atrox. At higher levels the hp difference is under 300, which is negligible when you consider nano skills and nano pool. As an atrox you will not be able to self cast OS/TMS X with AR triple implanted... even at level 200.

Just the facts. =p