Thread: A suggestion for an Agent Nano...

A suggestion for an Agent Nano...

Someone probably already suggested this, but I have an idea for a new Agent Nanoprogram. it runs along the lines of False Profession. However I call it Nano Crystal(False Identity).

the way it would works is as follows:

1. There would be three Nanoprograms, one for each side:

Nano Crystal(False Identity - Omni)
    Nano Crystal(False Identity - Neutral)
    Nano Crystal(False Identity - Clan)

2. I guess it be for higher level Agents, and be Agent specific.

3. What would happen is (if it is possible), when an Agent runs this nano on himself he would be given a COMPLETELY Random Identity (Full Name, Profession.) for example. let's suppose I were able to run this nanoprogram on myself. This is what my ID would say before:

Myles "Maeven" Mischler
    Level: 15
    Profession Title : Worker
    Profession: Enforcer
    Side: Clan
    Maps: blah blah blah (i got so many maps it's ridiculous)
    Map Upgrades: Directional Arrow.

and then After I run the nanoprogram my ID would say:

Jack "Hennessy" Daniel
    Level: 15
    Profession Title: Medic
    Profession: Doctor
    Side: Omni
    Maps: blah blah blah...
    Map Upgrades: Directional Arrow

the changes are totally random, so you will never know what you will become until after you run the program. after this program is run, the agent can run the coinciding false profession nano for the full blending effect. byt the time an agent can cast this they should already have most of the false professions i would think. but then again, I am an Enforcer, so I don't know about agent nanos. now, once this program is run, all of the agents aggro changes to coincide with the side change. for example, I would now be attacked in by clan guards, and welcomed by Omni-tek. this effect would last for a determined amount of time..my suggestion is a half-hour just like the false profession ones. this program could be used for when an agent wants to sneak into the opposing sides territory. they would blend in with everyone else.

the downside to this nano is such:

1. if the Agent does ANYthing out of the ordinary i.e. attack(or even press the attack button in a city)...or other things i am sure there are other things hostile that you can do... something, the nano terminates immediately and the Jig is up. A warning is is issued in red letters to everyone in the surrounding area who are of the Opposing side, along the lines "There is an Enemy in the Area." or something like that. and the enemy agent will then be targeted by any opposition near him(this is optional though).

2. the way to counter this....will be through usage of the ID Scanner(if that's what i think it is...something you mount on your HUD display?). you equip the id scanner...and it does a check of YOUR Perception vs. THEIR Concealment skill. how this would work is it would do a constant search for hidden items..say every 5 minutes or so while you have the equipment mounted.....or you could do it manually by hitting the search button. in addition to searching for hidden objects, it would also search for fake IDs. the automatic search would have a wider radius than the manual one. when you search..the search would do a check of Your Perception vs. the Concealment of everyone in the immediate area. if your Perception is higher than their Concealment the chances of you calling their bluff is greater. but if their Concealment is higher, it wiill be harder to pick them out.

3. If you DO pick them out, you and you ALONE will recieve a message in your chat box..along the lines of "Possible Concealed Enemy.." the message will NOT reveal WHO or WHERE the disguised agent is, only that he is in your radius of search. it will then be up to you to do a scan to find him, target someone and hit T. If you have the ID Scanner equipped, you will then have a chance to see through the False ID, this time checking your Perception vs. His Concealment AND another stat(i'm thinking Agility? maybe?), making it a bit harder to see his real ID. but if you do succeed...you will see the ID which he started the game with, identifying him as an enemy. if you fail, you will see his false identity.

the only part of this I have not really gotten an idea on is how to react in a city, or a zone which does not permit PVP. in a PVP zone, once you see through his false ID, his program terminates and you can attack him. in cities however i am not sure. I'm imagining a way could be thought up to call the guards to attack him, leaving him at a disadvantage and having to get out of town pretty fast(due to him have false profession on him, and not having his usual skills to fight with etc.)

this is only a beginning idea. I'm posting it up to see what you guys think about it. give me some feedback if ya don't mind...
    Myles "Maeven" Mischler
    Professional Bodyguard
    Hessian Commander

I think this is allready on the drawing boards... at least it has been a rumor about a "False Side" nano that gives the agent the ability to assume Omni, Clan and Neutral. I'm not sure, but is this in 14.2? I seem to remember that it is, or is it wishthinking? Anyway, this is what we agents dream about.... And has been promised from the beginning I think. (Hell, I'm not sure about anything )

BTW, no counter to this nano! There is no way to tell an agent in fp doc from a real doc... But the False Side nano could have an UNIQUE flash when it's casted, so agents better not cast is in enemy territory, because anyone who then see the agent cast it will know that he/she is "FSing".

Idea: Will an agent (let's say a clanner) under "FS" be able to get an apartment in Omni Trade? So that he/she has a place to cast the nano alone? Also, it would be a giveaway if someone asked about your apartment, and you didn't have one.
    Last edited by Corz; May 27th, 2002 at 07:01:25.
    Malcom Freiman, aka Corz, Clanner RK2

We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.