Thread: Log of RK2 events meeting (long) Part one

Post Log of RK2 events meeting (long) Part one

This has been edited to include vicinity chant and the chat group.
    Most (but far from all) of the background noise has been removed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start logging of "Marlark" at 05/25/02 23:12:09

23:20: [Marlark] Marlark: welcome everyone
    23:20: [Marlark] Securite: welcome
    23:20: [Marlark] Graios: hi
    23:21: [Marlark] Millenko: welcome
    23:21: [Marlark] Kasimodo: Hello to all that I did not greet already
    23:21: Ermintrude: can we leave the talking to the guy standing, or we'll be 'helloing' all night
    23:21: [Marlark] Marlark: this is the first of the meetings over the lines the meeting is intended to make RK2 to the event place to be ..
    23:21: [Marlark] Securite: hello ermin
    23:22: [Marlark] Marlark: ok there are some rules for this meeting
    23:22: [Marlark] Marlark: the one that is standing up talkes when i have given the word to tha person
    23:23: [Marlark] Marlark: and one more thing .. this is a total OOC meeting that mean no RP
    23:24: [Marlark] Marlark: well if u want to talk stand up and ill tell u in the order in talking and so on..
    23:24: [Marlark] Kasimodo: k
    23:25: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then ... first of all .. i know almost everyone have seen the event calender that FC have rel.
    23:25: [Marlark] Lawbinder: ehhh I havent whare can I find it ?
    23:26: [Marlark] Marlark: the event calender is a Player event calender
    23:26: [Marlark] Quool: http://ark.anarchy-online.com/calend...m_yr=&fm_mnth=
    23:27: [Marlark] Lawbinder: thank you
    23:27: [Marlark] Marlark: yup like that there is a simpler way to get to the calender
    23:27: [Marlark] Graios: it's on one of the opening client screens
    23:27: [Marlark] Marlark: a couple of weeks we started a Guildleaders site for RK2
    23:30: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then the aoguildleaders site is located on www.aoguildleaders.org
    23:30: [Marlark] Marlark: it is only for rk2 dimention
    23:31: [Marlark] Marlark: ok next thing then .. this meeting is only about one thing today and that is events for rk2 .. so lets get down to it.. is there anything planned that aint on the calender that the orgs are planning .. or so..?
    23:32: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Jimmysav u got the floor
    23:33: [Marlark] Jimmysav: to start with, good meeting idea
    23:33: [Marlark] Jimmysav: well done
    23:33: [Marlark] Jimmysav: my main concern tho, is RP and events MUST be co-ordinated with FC, or they are pointless... cos they "acheive" nothing in the game wolrd
    23:34: [Marlark] Jimmysav: they have no "impact" without FC being involved
    23:35: [Marlark] Jimmysav: so far, has nay1 ever been able to interact with FC?
    23:35: [Marlark] Graios: yes
    23:35: [Marlark] Marlark: i can anwer on that one i think
    23:35: [Marlark] Kasimodo: yes
    23:35: [Marlark] Graios: if you use e-mail or petition, you can contact ARK who will contact FC
    23:36: [Marlark] Jimmysav: belive me i have many times
    23:36: [Marlark] Marlark: ok FC atm or the ARK do not support any player based events that we our self make.. they at times make their own events for us.. but they dont tell us when and where they are..
    23:36: [Marlark] Jimmysav: email& in game
    23:36: [Marlark] Graios: contacting the RBC tends to help as it gives you publicity
    23:37: [Marlark] Graios: we don't however need an ARK
    23:37: [Marlark] Jimmysav: + been in conatct with cosmik
    23:37: [Marlark] Graios: now, since we're only organising
    23:37: [Marlark] Jimmysav: + had a GM at a meeting
    23:37: [Marlark] Marlark: if u ask ark for help on something for a event or something u get a macro in your head saying something we dont support this atm bla bla
    23:37: [Marlark] Jimmysav: but so far no feedbak
    23:37: [Marlark] Graios: you guys used e-mail?
    23:38: [Marlark] Intra: yes
    23:38: [Marlark] Graios: it worked for me
    23:38: [Marlark] Marlark: yup
    23:38: [Marlark] Ermintrude: yes email works - but we'll go round in circles until we sort this speaking thing out
    23:38: [Marlark] Ermintrude: one at a time please
    23:38: [Marlark] Ermintrude: Marlark - you call the speakers please?
    23:38: [Marlark] Marlark: yup i do ..
    23:38: [Marlark] Graios: it seems civilised enough at the moment
    23:39: [Marlark] Ermintrude: Jimmysav was halfway through something i believe?
    23:39: [Marlark] Jimmysav: yes.... my point is
    23:39: [Marlark] Jimmysav: we can pretend to do stuff in game....... but nothing we do will have any impact and will therefore generally be pointless
    23:40: [Marlark] Marlark: i c your point.. Jimmysav problem is that we cant wait on FC or ark to get something of the ground..
    23:40: [Marlark] Jimmysav: marlark, thats why this meeting is good, but i still think FC is the key
    23:40: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Graios u got the floor then
    23:40: [Marlark] Jimmysav: ok my point is done
    23:41: [Marlark] Graios: thank you, I have a few points
    23:41: [Marlark] Graios: first, on Jimmy's point, if you apply enough pressure on FC, they will respond
    23:42: [Marlark] Graios: this meeting is useful for the org leaders, but we can all go off and talk to FC ourselves individually
    23:42: [Marlark] Graios: now my main point
    23:42: [Marlark] Graios: I have an event which I hope this meeting will help publicise
    23:43: [Marlark] Graios: My clan is organising a protest march
    23:43: [Marlark] Graios: and we need some other clans involved
    23:43: [Marlark] Graios: and we need a location
    23:44: [Marlark] Marlark: what is the protest about Graios sins i dont think the omni leaders here know that
    23:44: [Marlark] Foxide: Can I just jump in and ask.. in protest of what?
    23:44: [Marlark] Graios: I need to know anyone who wants to join in with this. My clan is thinking of using Newland as the location but we want somewhere nearer to OT
    23:45: [Marlark] Graios: it's against the opresseive restrictions and the non-democratic ruling of this planet
    23:45: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: ty
    23:45: [Marlark] Graios: eg. the "Behave!" and "Be good" signs
    23:45: [Marlark] Graios: and, craziest of all, a "No Running" sign in your own apartment
    23:45: [Marlark] Graios: that is not freedom
    23:46: [Marlark] Sebuda: .err 1984
    23:46: [Marlark] Graios: exactly
    23:46: [Marlark] Graios: the party, the Ministry of truth
    23:46: [Marlark] Marlark: well we could do it like this for u Graios .. and that would be to put it up on the Aoguildleaders website and have the orgs that want to come with u send in messages to u ..
    23:46: [Marlark] Graios: they might as well be signs saying "War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength"
    23:46: Ermintrude: yep we've read the book - this is pretty RP and not too much use to half the people here though :/
    23:47: [Marlark] Graios: thank you
    23:47: [Marlark] Graios: a date has not been fixed though
    23:47: [Marlark] Saved: may i speak
    23:47: [Marlark] Graios: sure
    23:47: [Marlark] Saved: this is a clan, anti Omni rally
    23:47: [Marlark] Marlark: ok lets get back to this again in a moment Graios
    23:47: [Marlark] Sebuda: Ikia has also ask to speek
    23:49: [Marlark] Ikia: I had two ideas for events that would work for all parties, not just clan or omni.
    23:49: [Marlark] Ikia: or neutral as the case may be.
    23:50: [Marlark] Ikia: 1.) A tournament. Folks enjoy PvP, why not organize a tournament somewhere for folks to compete.
    23:50: [Marlark] Graios: hear hear
    23:51: [Marlark] Ikia: 2.) A guild fair. This could be held in some place like Newland where all guilds can gather and let people who are looking for a guild ask membres what the guild is like.
    23:51: [Marlark] Ikia: Give them a chance to find out about a lot all at once and have more information for a decision.
    23:52: [Marlark] Ikia: And that's all I have for ideas right now.
    23:52: [Marlark] Ikia: thanks
    23:53: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then think saved had his hand up first there after ikia
    23:54: [Marlark] Saved: Ok i have 1 comment on the graios event, and one about funcom
    23:54: [Marlark] Saved: Fist is that if the clans have an event posted as a protest, the omni factions can use that to counter rally for support and have something built off it
    23:55: [Marlark] Saved: Just because it doesn't look like both sides have part, we have to make it
    23:55: [Marlark] Saved: this leads to my second part,
    23:55: [Marlark] Saved: Funcom has said that people on rubi2 have disdained events and hasn't shown up to them
    23:56: [Marlark] Saved: even when we petition, send e-mails, and get an ark/gm to show up and leave
    23:56: [Marlark] Saved: this might get me banned, but i think it is something i need to do
    23:56: [Marlark] Saved: i was in the ark program
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: they don't do much with rubi 2
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: for most arks are Rubi 1 players
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: It is something they are changing
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: we have to start doing events for them to do them
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: otherwise we won't
    23:57: [Marlark] Saved: (end)
    23:58: [Marlark] Millenko: i always thought that there were arks for each dimension
    23:58: [Marlark] Saved: and you can report me maybe you will get an ark here
    23:58: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Kasimodo u got the floor
    23:58: [Marlark] Kasimodo: okay, I had a brief contact with FC on events
    23:59: [Marlark] Kasimodo: an ark, then a gm
    23:59: [Marlark] Kasimodo: gm told me to mail them
    23:59: [Marlark] Kasimodo: I even got an answer, they requested me to post some plot
    23:59: [Marlark] Kasimodo: then I never heared again from them
    00:00: [Marlark] Jimmysav: lol, exactly
    00:00: [Marlark] Intra: yup
    00:00: [Marlark] Kasimodo: though their request included an advisory that there's normally no support for player events
    00:01: [Marlark] Kasimodo: they told me to make players act as NCSs
    00:01: [Marlark] Greylupin: ops
    00:01: [Marlark] Kasimodo: so I gave up hoping for FC to support us
    00:02: [Marlark] Kasimodo: <end>
    00:02: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then Shazian got the floor
    00:02: [Marlark] Shazian: Oki I had some comments on things here that was said earlier..
    00:03: [Marlark] Shazian: First of, i think this is a great thing to do, it shows initiative from our side as well to FC
    00:03: [Marlark] Shazian: Other thing, i dont think the solution is that each and everyone of us indivitually contacts FC
    00:04: [Marlark] Shazian: We need to do it as a group, put a heck of alot more weight behind it
    00:04: [Marlark] Shazian: That might make it alot more intresting to FC as well that we as a group both clan and omni stands together behind this
    00:05: [Marlark] Shazian: instead of alot of indivituals keeps mailing FC about this.
    00:07: [Marlark] Shazian: I think thats pretty much it on that issue there, i think we will get alot more outta this if we as a group stands together on this towards FC, hence this meeting, than indivitual guild leaders will do
    00:08: [Marlark] Shazian: The other thing here i think that was a great idea was the guild fair thing
    00:09: [Marlark] Shazian: But this is something that guild leaders on all sides can take with them back and discuss amoung them, and we can come together again soon to get something together for FC
    00:10: [Marlark] Shazian: LIke i said, i think we can get alot more done as a group with the events than as indivituals
    00:10: [Marlark] Shazian: end

Post part two

00:10: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then Sebuda got the floor
    00:11: [Marlark] Sebuda: ok i belive that we need to lay out the ground work
    00:11: [Marlark] Sebuda: and let funcom follow our lead
    00:11: Syryx agress
    00:12: Marlark agree with Sebuda on this!!!
    00:12: Ermintrude nods furiously
    00:12: Syryx nods!
    00:12: Lawbinder agrees
    00:12: Ikia agrees
    00:12: Saved thinks this is why we are here
    00:12: [Marlark] Sebuda: all this talk about it is funcom this and funcom that dosent get us any where
    00:12: [Marlark] Sebuda: what we need to do is dicide on what u all want out of this
    00:13: [Marlark] Sebuda: my guild has some events they are working on but i dont expect help from funcome i want it from u all
    00:13: [Marlark] Sebuda: i trust more of the players in the group this i trust and exec of funcome
    00:14: [Marlark] Sebuda: sorry about spelling i am fighting me kidd for the keyboard
    00:14: [Marlark] Sebuda: whe web page is a goo idea
    00:14: [Marlark] Sebuda: the fair of guild is good
    00:15: [Marlark] Sebuda: but the key is to network make conections on all sides
    00:15: [Marlark] Sebuda: < end>
    00:16: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then it is Ramid here that got the floor
    00:16: [Marlark] Ramid: thank you
    00:16: [Marlark] Ramid: the points i have are as folllows
    00:17: [Marlark] Ramid: If we want fc to notice this we will have to get allot of people with us.
    00:17: [Marlark] Ramid: as many of the people in your guilds as possible
    00:18: [Marlark] Ramid: how we do it i dont know posts on the Forums seem to be largerly ignored and emails dont elicit much of a response.
    00:18: [Marlark] Ramid: as for events we plan for ourselves im all for it.
    00:18: [Marlark] Ramid: i am a leader within projectrevenant a group that has both a clan and omni side.
    00:19: [Marlark] Ramid: and we have events around 1nce per week
    00:19: [Marlark] Ramid: often more often.
    00:19: [Marlark] Ramid: If we want to have fun then i am willing to work with anyone here in doing so.
    00:20: [Marlark] Ramid: i will ask the leaders of Vox populi and division 3 to join your board Marlark
    00:20: [Marlark] Ramid: it looks like a worthy effort
    00:20: [Marlark] Jimmysav: hear hear]
    00:20: [Marlark] Ramid: but if we want anything from funcom it will have to be organised.
    00:20: [Marlark] Ramid: one thing that you should consider is an ingame chat channel for guild leaders only
    00:21: [Marlark] Ramid: witch would allow you to get to meet the other leaders and talk more closely about thing
    00:21: [Marlark] Ramid: s
    00:21: [Marlark] Ramid: also getting events together takes allot of time and co-ordination.
    00:22: [Marlark] Ramid: thats about it for now
    00:22: [Marlark] Ramid: end
    00:22: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Ermintrude u got the floor
    00:22: [Marlark] Ermintrude: thanks
    00:23: [Marlark] Ermintrude: finally the lsat two people have said most of my stuff....
    00:23: [Marlark] Ermintrude: the bottom line of this is we're here to have fun...
    00:23: [Marlark] Ermintrude: it'd be great if FC get involved and let us change the planet....
    00:23: [Marlark] Ermintrude: but they dont, and i cant be bothered to wait any longer for them to do it....
    00:23: [Marlark] Ermintrude: all they see of us right now...
    00:24: [Marlark] Ermintrude: is everyone out ganking the opponents guards, or their own guards...
    00:24: [Marlark] Ermintrude: and if i had made this world, it wouldnt inspire confidence in me...
    00:24: [Marlark] Ermintrude: we just have to make fun stuff for ourselves....
    00:24: Syryx agrees
    00:24: [Marlark] Ermintrude: then if they ever watch or hear about it or are told...
    00:25: [Marlark] Ermintrude: they can react in a way a worldbuilder would...
    00:25: [Marlark] Ermintrude: and get the interested people into the story...
    00:25: [Marlark] Ermintrude: until they see us acting in a way that shows the world matters to us...
    00:25: [Marlark] Ermintrude: they cant get interested in getting involved with us.
    00:25: [Marlark] Ermintrude: So basically I'm saying....
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: dont get preoccupied if this event has an ARk or that meeting has a GM...
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: think about what makes AO fun for you...
    00:26: Syryx applauds to that
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: then do that!
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: We all want events...
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: so this sort of meeting is perfect...
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: lets make some events...
    00:26: [Marlark] Ermintrude: then if FC want back in their story they're wlecome to join us
    00:27: [Marlark] Ermintrude: lets get some ideas together from everyone here and go make them happen
    00:27: [Marlark] Ermintrude: thanks
    00:27: [Marlark] Ermintrude: end
    00:27: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Yesiamstoned u got the floor
    00:28: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: Ok, Player run events are excellent
    00:28: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: but only funcom can go out of the ordinary
    00:29: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: if we want funcom to get involved on RK2 as much as they are on RK1 we need to get their attention
    00:29: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: All of us and our guildies
    00:29: [Marlark] Jimmysav: hear hear
    00:29: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: petition them , everbody petition them
    00:30: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: flood them , so they have to pay attenition
    00:30: Ermintrude: sounds likely to annoy though :/ not get them on our side - get them simply placating us
    00:30: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: better than getting nothing at all
    00:30: [Marlark] Saved: erm shhh
    00:31: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: but whatever we want we have to be united and show in large numbers to get them to respond
    00:31: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: otherwise we will get nothing
    00:31: Supaheavy agrees
    00:31: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: from funcom
    00:31: [Marlark] Yesiamstoned: END and thank you
    00:32: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Amnra u raised your paw back there
    00:32: [Marlark] Amnra: thank you
    00:32: [Marlark] Amnra: As an applicant of D3 and a former Board member of another Guild
    00:33: [Marlark] Amnra: I must say that D3 is committed to events here on RK2
    00:33: [Marlark] Amnra: Online roleplaying games are not fun without the RP element
    00:33: Ermintrude nods
    00:33: [Marlark] Amnra: I left the Black Valley because there was no RP
    00:34: [Marlark] Amnra: D3 is DYING to have ANYONE from FC join them in creating larger and more fun events
    00:34: [Marlark] Amnra: as it stands there is little (or no) communication between FC and those people willing and able to go the extra mile
    00:34: [Marlark] Amnra: THIS is killing the RP guilds
    00:34: [Marlark] Jimmysav: yes
    00:35: [Marlark] Amnra: this is killing AO
    00:35: [Marlark] Amnra: So I guess my primary point is that D3 is willing and able to join in any RP/Event and is able to muster the forces and
    00:36: [Marlark] Amnra: the desire to do something about the dirth of activities
    00:36: [Marlark] Amnra: Ramid spoke well for those of us in project revenant already
    00:36: [Marlark] Amnra: That is all I have thank you
    00:36: [Marlark] Amnra: end
    00:36: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Saved u got the floor
    00:37: [Marlark] Saved: lark may i speak after wen
    00:37: [Marlark] Saved: i have spoke she hasn't
    00:37: [Marlark] Saved: Seradwen
    00:38: [Marlark] Marlark: shure we can switch around u two if u like she is after u .. but what the hell wen then u got the floor
    00:38: [Marlark] Seradwen: sorry if this comes across gruff but...
    00:38: [Marlark] Seradwen: this is getting us nowhere to sit here and retell thte same we need events story
    00:38: Ermintrude nods
    00:39: Ikia nods
    00:39: Bloodgood nods
    00:39: Supaheavy nods
    00:39: Lawbinder nods furisly
    00:39: [Marlark] Seradwen: every guid appoint a poc and write up storylines then we ask for permission
    00:39: [Marlark] Seradwen: then we have events either FC or not but at least we have them
    00:40: [Marlark] Seradwen: then we can spend time running events instead of being here trying to figure out why we don't have them
    00:40: [Marlark] Seradwen: I say every guild appoint a poc NOW and let them hash it out and I"d bet there would be an event next weekend
    00:41: [Marlark] Seradwen: ok sorry if I stepped on toes but I prefer the cliff note style of meetings
    00:41: Ermintrude nods
    00:41: Ikia nods
    00:41: Millenko agrees
    00:41: [Marlark] Seradwen: the end
    00:41: [Marlark] Supaheavy: sorry, poc.. standing for .. ?
    00:41: [Marlark] Ikia: Point of Contact
    00:41: [Marlark] Supaheavy: gotcha.. it's late :-]
    00:41: [Marlark] Marlark: ok saved .. go on
    00:42: [Marlark] Saved: thanks,
    00:43: [Marlark] Saved: just to inform everyone, if you try to change the story as funcom has it, you will get banned by funcom for a time.
    00:43: [Marlark] Saved: this has happend to others on rubi 1
    00:43: [Marlark] Saved: if you read the offical AO forum, then you would see some of what Funcom is capable of and has done
    00:43: Supaheavy frowns
    00:44: [Marlark] Ermintrude: barely believable (
    00:44: [Marlark] Saved: I can tell you that if we work with funcom, and submit before and after events to post, they might turn to help
    00:44: [Marlark] Saved: also we need to use AO basher to post events to get out
    00:45: [Marlark] Saved: and our own forums
    00:45: [Marlark] Saved: (end)
    00:45: [Marlark] Marlark: im just going to put something in the middle here before kasi can step in ..
    00:47: [Marlark] Syryx: goodnight all. thanks it was very interesting
    00:47: [Marlark] Marlark: and that is that if u all dont disagree .. i would like to stop adding people to .. the talk list.. ... And switch to the event creation part after that .. and tell u what i have been working on for some time .. after all the one i got on list have talked...
    00:47: [Marlark] Marlark: no objections then?
    00:48: [Marlark] Seradwen: got an Ark
    00:48: [Marlark] Ermintrude: good plan Marlark
    00:48: [Marlark] Saved: is for it
    00:48: [Marlark] Marlark: ok .. then kasi u got the floor
    00:48: [Marlark] Kasimodo: thanks
    00:49: [Marlark] Kasimodo: I would like to add only one point. I'm here for over 7 months
    00:49: [Marlark] Kasimodo: most people I know from the beginning have left beacuse there's no content
    00:49: [Marlark] Kasimodo: So I say let's make uup some now
    00:50: [Marlark] Kasimodo: FC or not
    00:50: [Marlark] Kasimodo: my guild members have all left or are inactive
    00:50: [Marlark] Kasimodo: <end>
    00:50: Methol Look we can discuss what we cant do, due to bugs and Funcom. But i think its better to discuss what we can do
    00:50: Ramid shouts: hear hear
    00:50: Ermintrude: s'what we're here for
    00:51: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then Mich u got the floor
    00:51: [Marlark] Michayla: thank you
    00:51: [Marlark] Amnra: the ark is here
    00:52: [Marlark] Michayla: i havent had an Org for very long
    00:52: [Marlark] Seradwen: He is getting a GM for us all
    00:52: [Marlark] Michayla: but this is my take on this
    00:52: [Marlark] Michayla: if we cant get helped... we need to help ourselves
    00:52: [Marlark] Kasimodo: it's very sad that there was no GM around from the beginning
    00:52: [Marlark] Michayla: we dont NEED officially sanctioned Events to have fun
    00:53: Kasimodo apologizes for interrupting Michayla
    00:52: [Marlark] Jimmysav: yueas we do
    00:53: [Marlark] Supaheavy: as someone said, player events can be good, but for something special we need FC support
    00:53: [Marlark] Michayla: organize some kidnappings and things like that
    00:54: [Marlark] Michayla: thats really all i have to say... but this... we are intelligent people who can figure out how to handle this w/o support from FC
    00:54: [Marlark] Jimmysav: AO is an FC game...... that says it all
    00:55: [Marlark] Jimmysav: u want stuff without FC play cards
    00:55: [Marlark] Marlark: ok then methol u got the floor
    00:55: Ermintrude: we are the ones that live here Jim
    00:57: [Marlark] Marlark: ok ikia then
    00:57: [Marlark] Ikia: I will organize the guild fair if enough people are interested
    00:57: [Marlark] Ikia: Like, right now.
    00:57: [Marlark] Ikia: Seriously.
    00:58: [Marlark] Ikia: If funcom wants to join in, fine, and if not, fine too. We don't need them.
    00:58: [Marlark] Kasimodo: Ikia, I'm in
    00:59: [Marlark] Ermintrude: Take some names now Ikia then msg people?
    00:59: [Marlark] Ikia: I am the Point of Contact for my guild, and if you think your guild leader will be interested, have them send me a tell. I will set up a date with the AO calendar that is good.
    00:59: [Marlark] Ikia: Of course. All those interested please let me know now.
    01:00: [Marlark] Marlark: velvet is intressted
    01:00: [Marlark] Supaheavy: is this fair going to include both clan and omni?
    01:00: [Marlark] Ikia: The fair is everyone
    01:00: [Marlark] Ikia: Clan, Omni, Neutral
    01:01: [Marlark] Saved: Freedoms Edge will stay with velvet in this reguard.
    01:01: [Marlark] Supaheavy: sorry, i forget the neutrals, Omni-Gurad is willing and able in that case
    01:01: [Marlark] Ikia: go ahead moon, I'm just writing down names right now
    01:01: [Marlark] Lawbinder: Ot Defense Force will gladly join
    01:01: [Marlark] Ikia: (Please keep sending them to me)
    01:02: [Marlark] Ermintrude: the Enigma Project isnt actively recruiting, but we'll be there
    01:02: [Marlark] Hartford: Add Omni-Tek Secret Service, too.

part three

01:02: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: I dint know if any of you have done any events like the one that took place the other day in Perpetual Wastes
    01:02: [Marlark] Supaheavy: what event is this ?
    01:02: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: it took place on Tue or Wed
    01:03: [Marlark] Grift: It was interesting up until the time for resolution.
    01:03: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: it was pretty good a Fc sponsered event
    01:03: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: Omni attacked the city
    01:03: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: and Clan had to defend it
    01:03: [Marlark] Ermintrude: would have been nice if omni knew we did that
    01:03: [Marlark] Supaheavy: i wasn't aware of it :-/ .. was it an event for clan, or were omni participating ?
    01:04: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: I saw alot of ppl show up for it
    01:04: [Marlark] Grift: It was just a clan event.
    01:04: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: both parties were present
    01:04: [Marlark] Ramid: how was it announced?
    01:04: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: more Clan than Omni
    01:04: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: a rep entered Tir
    01:04: [Marlark] Grift: Well officially it was a Clan event, we were teleported by a recruitment officer from Tir
    01:04: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: and told us of an invasion
    01:04: [Marlark] Greylupin: rep?
    01:05: [Marlark] Grift: Recruitment Officer Zabrook
    01:05: [Marlark] Grift: Finally remembered his bloody name
    01:05: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: I had a really great time doin it
    01:05: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: and I feel there are going to be more soon
    01:05: [Marlark] Grift: We put up a good fight until all the fixers got cut down by their own guns - fun event though.
    01:05: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: if you want to do your own that is fine
    01:06: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: I will be glad to ack out as an NPC if you need one
    01:06: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: act sorry
    01:06: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: but I would love to see someone put an event like this together again
    01:06: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: <end of line>
    01:06: [Marlark] Supaheavy: preferably letting both sides know :-/
    01:07: [Marlark] Ermintrude: its great having NPC omnis attack Tir or whatever, but theres no chance we can stay inline with the official story if OT dont even know we're attacking
    01:07: [Marlark] Supaheavy: i was just going to say that ermin
    01:07: [Marlark] Ikia: For all -- If you want to talk with your guild about it, feel free to let me know later.
    01:07: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: tru agreed
    01:07: [Marlark] Ikia: I'll work on details.
    01:07: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: but hardly anyone knew about the attack either
    01:07: Seradwen: We are trying to get info on events
    01:07: Arahgon: Hmm nobody have any infos on events
    01:07: Seradwen: Can we invite you to our Chat channel?
    01:08: Arahgon: Shure but I cant help you with this at all
    01:08: Seradwen: Are you not a GM?
    01:08: Kasimodo: don't help, listen
    01:08: Arahgon: Only thing you can do is log it and post it to board
    01:08: Ermintrude: help isnt necessary
    01:08: Ermintrude: which board - it is logged
    01:08: Kasimodo: and perhaps answersome questions
    01:08: Seradwen: Marlark would you please take over this conversation you speak better than I
    01:08: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: we had to relay the message thru our networks
    01:08: [Marlark] Eclypsedmoon: <end of line>
    01:09: Marlark: shure
    01:09: Arahgon: As I said log it then post it to the ao board for the dev and event team to read it
    01:09: Seradwen: Araghon Marlark speaks for me
    01:09: Ermintrude: post on the AO dev board then?
    01:09: Marlark: hi Arahgon and welcome to our meeting
    01:09: Saved: hehe, never thought i would hear that from you wen
    01:09: Arahgon: There are coming changes for how guilds are going to be involved in events to come
    01:09: Seradwen: Yeah I"m kissing butt Save hush
    01:09: Arahgon: But we dont have any information on that yet
    01:10: Ermintrude: post this log on the AO dev board ?
    01:10: Marlark: i got a question that i would like to know.. and have wondered about for some time
    01:10: Arahgon: All I can do is tell you to watch the ao pages for upcoming and future changes
    01:10: Arahgon: Yes ermintrude
    01:10: Ermintrude: will do, thanks
    01:10: [Marlark] Greylupin: all they FC needs to do to give a chance to player events is puting that area conquer abiletie availeble
    01:10: Arahgon: What is it Marlak
    01:10: Marlark: how much is Player driven events and how much are FC or ARK driven events on RK1
    01:11: Marlark: do u know that?
    01:11: Arahgon: I dont know the figures there Marlark but there are many events happening weekly that are either funco or ARK driven
    01:12: Arahgon: And that is in the plans Greylupin
    01:12: Kasimodo: Arahgon, I mailed FC about a plot idea I had. But I never got a reply.
    01:13: Arahgon: Well I have no idea whats beeing released next so you will have to wtch the patch notices on test to se whats coming next
    01:13: Ermintrude: Sorry for ambushing you like this - I'm sure the intention wasn't to have a complaints session
    01:13: Ermintrude: not sure what the intetion was in fact )
    01:13: Supaheavy: it's just there are so many complaints..
    01:13: Chronita: i think it was Ermin, and i apologise as well
    01:13: Marlark: everyone could we have some order .. so Arahgon dont get swamped here
    01:13: [Marlark] Saved: can someone find out when we get to meet the leaders of the CoT or Omni factions
    01:14: Arahgon: Well Im sorry that you all feel like this but there isnt much we can do about it
    01:14: Arahgon: you should all email feedback@anarchy-online.com and get all in your guilds to do the same
    01:14: Arahgon: Then it might get true to them
    01:14: Ermintrude: I'll email them the logs too then - most of that was complaints
    01:14: Seradwen: Either Let Marlark Speak or I will ask them to Join me else where with my petition
    01:14: Arahgon: If enough players says how they feel they have to listen
    01:15: Ramid: please send your questions to malark lets do this organized
    01:16: Ermintrude: Does this mean we have given up on organising anything tonight?
    01:16: Arahgon: Im sorry but I can not stay and answer all your questions for that we have not enough time please try to do it the way I said
    01:16: Seradwen: So can I get the cliff note version of it
    01:16: Marlark: put it on webboard then?
    01:16: Arahgon: Use the boards and get your clan memebers to email feedback
    01:16: Arahgon: Its the only thing that will work
    01:17: Chronita: just reply to the thread that is on the community board about rk2 events - its been there for about 2 weeks now and addresses exactly what everyone has been complaining about for the past 2 hours.
    01:17: Marlark: ok .. then fc will get swamped the comming weeks then
    01:17: Arahgon: Now we must leave you all and hint try to get a good log with asmuch detailed reasosns as possible
    01:17: Marlark: yup will do
    01:17: Amnra bow
    01:17: Amnra bows
    01:17: Ermintrude: the whole thing is logged from start to finish
    01:17: Arahgon: Have a good day
    01:17: Ermintrude: sorry for taking your time
    01:17: Seradwen: thank you for your time
    01:17: Marlark: cya around
    01:18: Centigo2: Good luck, bye all. =)
    01:18: Chronita: poor guardian :/
    01:18: Jimmysav shouts: we need FC tho
    01:18: Ikia sighs
    01:18: [Marlark] Ermintrude: so we have Ikia's event
    01:18: [Marlark] Ermintrude: some progres
    01:18: [Marlark] Ikia: It's something.
    01:18: [Marlark] Ermintrude: where were we?
    01:18: [Marlark] Marlark: actualy i got 2 that i wanted to talk about
    01:19: [Marlark] Marlark: and some ideas for omni side maybe to take on to
    01:19: [Marlark] Greylupin: i cant talk for me guild but i oofer my help in any event what so ever
    01:19: [Marlark] Screllaria: me too
    01:19: [Marlark] Greylupin: i dont mind to be a npc as well
    01:19: [Marlark] Supaheavy: same here
    01:19: [Marlark] Screllaria: i dont speak during the meeting but i agree with all
    01:19: [Marlark] Screllaria: if i can hrlp u..
    01:20: [Marlark] Supaheavy: but i can talk for my guild..
    01:20: [Marlark] Marlark: well we on clan side did a help the noob day not long ago and that was very fun
    01:20: [Marlark] Ermintrude: i'm sure lots of us would - please continue Marlark?
    01:20: [Marlark] Supaheavy: :-]
    01:20: [Marlark] Marlark: that could be a event for omni side to try out
    01:21: [Marlark] Ermintrude: Marlark please?
    01:21: [Marlark] Marlark: I have seen that omni elite is very active on the event part mostly for their own orgs .. but even for outside.. like the marathon .. event .. that one was interesting
    01:22: [Marlark] Marlark: well to my 2 events that i am working on.. it need some serius help from omni side to be part as actors but i dont think that will be a problem if i get u all right
    01:22: Chronita: well i am heading off, pls just check the official boards and read fadinaway's replies, and post your comments there. thats the best you can do really - ARK's do not have answers to this issue. Good day all. *prays*
    01:24: [Marlark] Marlark: sins i got alot of names here i can get some help for it .. and that have made my day so far
    01:25: [Marlark] Marlark: i will talk to some leaders that was on the meeting here that i think showed a special intressted and try and get the events that i have prepared .. on the go..
    01:27: [Marlark] Marlark: ok i got one last thing and that is that im calling another one of this meeting for the 29th of june
    01:27: Ermintrude raises hir hand
    01:28: [Marlark] Marlark: and i hope we got more on the road durring the time
    01:28: [Marlark] Marlark: ok Ermintrude
    01:28: [Marlark] Ermintrude: two tihngs...
    01:28: [Marlark] Ermintrude: first : please post the meeting on the calendar again
    01:28: [Marlark] Ermintrude: thats how most of us knew about it
    01:29: [Marlark] Ermintrude: and there is obviously interest
    01:29: [Marlark] Ermintrude: second: we have don the talk for tonight, please finish by going over the ACTIONs
    01:29: [Marlark] Ermintrude: Ikia and youself
    01:29: [Marlark] Ermintrude: what is to be done when we all leave the room?
    01:30: [Marlark] Marlark: good point lets do that
    01:30: [Marlark] Marlark: ok ikias lead on the fair .. i def like that ...
    01:30: [Marlark] Marlark: and she got a ton of names to talk to so ...
    01:30: [Marlark] Ermintrude: so message Ikia to be involved?
    01:31: [Marlark] Marlark: and the same goes with me .. i got some new leader friends to talk to regarding my events that i have been working on
    01:32: Seradwen: Marlark?
    01:32: Marlark: yup wen
    01:32: Seradwen: Who is the Point of Contact for all this
    01:33: Seradwen: I mean is there someone that all the ppl from the guilds should talk to?
    01:33: Saved: contact lark, he doesn't have enough to do
    01:33: Ramid: i will ask the leaders of D3 and Vox to make contact with you Marlark
    01:33: Ermintrude: is that ok with you Marlark - those that have left already will look to you I imagine
    01:33: Marlark: hehe u are funny saved hehe... well i like to talk .. hehe so u can always talk to me if u like
    01:34: Seradwen: ok thank you
    01:34: Ermintrude: we could do with sometihng a bit stronger than an 'if you like' ;o)
    01:34: Ermintrude: you or someone else?
    01:34: Marlark: Well i got no problems with it...
    01:34: Ermintrude: cool beans
    01:34: Ermintrude: thanks
    01:34: Saved: i guess i am walking away at a bad time. it actually looks like rubi 2 will be ok
    01:35: Marlark: basecly my door is always open
    01:35: Saved: good luck all
    01:35: Marlark: ok then lets call it for tonight and have a safe trip home all
    01:36: Seradwen: You too Marlark
    01:36: Ermintrude: thanks a lot for organising this Marlark
    01:36: Seradwen: Thanks Marlark
    01:36: Darkechos: thanks marlark
    01:37: Ermintrude: i'll stop logging now and go post the logs

Thanks for posting the logs for those of us unable to attend (*raises hand*).
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Lightbulb Hm...

I must honestly say that I do not agree with what ARK Arahgon suggests here. Sending a whole bunch of e-mails to Support, thus reducing their time to take care of other issues, is definately not the solution. Please don't swamp Support with this kind of e-mails.

My best suggestion for getting your feedback to the people in charge of different things is still to post it on the bulletin board here (though a well written report is better than a chat log - my eyes hurt from reading all this ), or e-mail Community, e.g. me.

Saved: just to inform everyone, if you try to change the story as funcom has it, you will get banned by funcom for a time.
    I'd very much like to know the foundation for that statement. If this has happened, let me know some details (names are good) by e-mail or private message, and I will make sure to look into it. If the claim is unfounded, please refrain from making such a claim.

Sounds like you have a good group of people with initiative, will and creativity here, and I think you will do well both with your own events and in those we run. I hope you have all contributed to this discussion about RK2 events in the Community Corner forum.

I'll leave you with that for now, and try get a closer look at events when I get back to work tomorrow.

Talking LOL

He beat me to it...

There you go. Cosmik is on the thread too, so you see posting works. Hold the e-mails to Support.

Exclamation Whoooo

Cz and Cosmik insta replys .. bloody hell.
    As one of the somewhat absent guild members Kas was talking about (hi Kas go get em bud) I am releaved to see that FC may be relenting in the "RK2 whats that?" line (good to see the OP event aswell). I am not sure if this will bring me back to playing my main char anymore as I am having fun with my non BLA alt Onestbob in the rare moments that I can bring myself to log on, however if this keeps up then perhaps the lvl 100+ members of the BLA may be tempted back in (Honey, Zoll, Doc, Torf can ya hear me!!!)

Promoo - Agent retired until 14.2
    Macmoo - Engineer, BLA (currently on leave)
    Onestbob - Indipendent trader ( full RP)

BTW my eyes were also bleeding after reading the log
    Last edited by Promoo; May 27th, 2002 at 16:31:44.