Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skill Time Lock Modifier question

Skill Time Lock Modifier question

So my question is does Skill Time Lock Modifier cumulate?

I have HeadBand of Haste and Ring of herodotus and seems both working (-8 Skill Time Lock Modifier)

I could use support leg ql 240 -11 Skill Time Lock Modifier and Left hand implant -3...that would be -22 Skill Time Lock Modifier!

So is it capped, or maby it doesnt cumulate or specials attacks have recharge time cap (like u cant drop brawl/burst recharge time under X sec)...?

ty in advance!

DERLYN
    Neophyte Derlyn 220 MA Atlantean [eqp]
    Legion
    Apprentice Morgwyn 205 Fix Atlantean

I do know that different attacks have different minimum second limits... Brawl (i think is 10s) Burst can get really low, but the minimum is determined by the gun...

I also belive they do add up... -2 skill lock + -5 skill lock is a -7 skill lock... It also has NO effect on perk locks so don't even think about those..

You should be able to use your First Aids, Treatments, etc faster as well...

As for how much it affects, I'm not entirely certain... i've heard that it is a % based decreese (-10 skill lock would subtract 10% off the lock time) I've also heard that it actaully subracts 1 sec for each -1....

I'm kinda of the opinion that is a combonation... subtracts 1 sec on things like attacks/burts but only does a % on first aids and treatments...

Hope this helps
    Jasmine Ziakara but everybody calls me Jasziak
    Unit Member of The Mockers
    Perks - Armor

Want to be a Mocker? Ask me.
    Want to RP? Let me know.

afaik Its 1sec per 1skill lock.

Originally posted by Charfbiz2
    afaik Its 1sec per 1skill lock.
    No.

With no skill-lock modifiers, my burst was 9s. I added -18 skill lock and barely got it down to 5s (it was still 7s until I added the last -3 modifier).

Now figure out that math 'Cuz I certainly can't figure out any sort of equation to it.

I thought it worked on a percentage from the base cycle speed of the lock in question. So for specials, it can seem to subtract odd amounts, since specials are modified by a lot of other things as well (skill, weapon, etc.).

Like I said... it is kinda odd... and unknown... maybe some of them are incorreclty ADDING to the time... /shrug... the -18 skill lock seem like a bit much for a 5 sec burst... an orgmate of mine got down to 5 secs with only -15 skill lock... /shrug

Just an idea that could be tested...
    Jasmine Ziakara but everybody calls me Jasziak
    Unit Member of The Mockers
    Perks - Armor

Want to be a Mocker? Ask me.
    Want to RP? Let me know.

Though Jas, its quite possible they had more burst skills which also decrease the recharge time.
    Snakee Atrox, Soldier

Ty guys i will check how it will work with -22 SkillLock
    Neophyte Derlyn 220 MA Atlantean [eqp]
    Legion
    Apprentice Morgwyn 205 Fix Atlantean

Okay, first off, no skill lock can EVER be reduced to less than 50%. This *includes* reductions based on skill levels. Since the equation for burst/fa/etc include skill reductions already, alot of people hit the mins pretty quickly and don't realize it. More skill lock reduction past that point doesn't count.

Basicly, what most people dont realize is that their lock timers start kinda high, and are already modified down by skill. The skill lock modifer applies to the high number, not the modified one, and so % reductions are actually pretty significant (some people see even a 1sec per % reduction), and even more so the slower the lock.

Couple of issues: some items in game which said they reduced skill lock, actually increased it. this should be mostly fixed. Also, the greater the reduction in lock time, the more noticable the 'Action is not available' bug is. Anybody with lots of skill lock mod implants, wielding a manex, knows what I'm talking about.

We're looking into the SkillLockModifier stat, as it seems it might not be working correctly. Please be aware that the modifier can be changed, especially with regards to lowering the lock time on special attacks.

Originally posted by Cz
    We're looking into the SkillLockModifier stat, as it seems it might not be working correctly. Please be aware that the modifier can be changed, especially with regards to lowering the lock time on special attacks.
    Anyone have any idea what this may mean? Is it currently too good or needs to be improved?

I *think* what Cz is saying is that if my burst is capped at 5 seconds and I put on a skill lock reducer, but hard cap can be lowered? that woudl be Awesome, but I could be way off too.

Any ideas/thoughts/opinions?

From my understanding and I could be totally wrong is that –skill lock modifiers are currently working maybe not correctly but working on fist aid/treatment type skill locks and on weapon recharge/special recharge locks but they currently do nothing for the recharge time on nano cast times. The Perennium Blaster has a 6 second cap on burst recycle has anyone gotten that lower?

Maybe CZ was talking about how they don’t seem to be shortening the recharge on nano cast times.
    Hearing voices used to be called divine inspiration now it’s schizophrenia.

Originally posted by MEDICI
    From my understanding and I could be totally wrong is that –skill lock modifiers are currently working maybe not correctly but working on fist aid/treatment type skill locks and on weapon recharge/special recharge locks but they currently do nothing for the recharge time on nano cast times. The Perennium Blaster has a 6 second cap on burst recycle has anyone gotten that lower?

Maybe CZ was talking about how they don’t seem to be shortening the recharge on nano cast times.
    I'm pretty sure skill lokc is not supposed to modify nano recharge times. Nanos do not lock a skill, they simply have a set recharge time.

As for Cz's post, I think he was referring to the seemingly erratic way that skill lock is working ingame. Another factor here is reported vs. actual locked time. There was a thread on one of the prof. forums not too long ago that showed skill lock working exactly as you would expect when using a stopwatch with "real time" measured. This was only for long recharge specials tho, as when the recharge time gets lower and lower, the benefit you see is lessened due to server overhead and transmission time.

Finally, the 50% is 50% of the CAPPED, LOWERED (due to skills) time, *NOT* the base time. If it was the base time, no one would ever burst faster than 20 or 30 seconds, which is obviously not the case.
    [ Ibuildit - 168 Engineer ]
    [ Iblitzit - 184 Fixer ]
    [ Islashthings - 172 Enforcer ]
    [ Isnipeit - 145 Agent ]
    [ Ihealit - 126 Doctor ]
    [ Istrikeit - 203 Martial Artist ]
    [ Istabit - 136 Shade ]
    [ Ishootit - 110 Soldier ]
    [ Koketsu - 171 Meta-Physicist ]

Levels: 1415
    Life: 0

Everytime I have seen a –skill lock discussion someone brought up nano recharge time not sure why and never made since to me maybe it used to be a bug that reduced/increased the time no clue.

With the Perennium Blaster you can get burst to 6 seconds strictly with skill alone although you need 1050 burst to do so. What I’m wondering is can you get it below that 6 second cap or not with –skill lock?
    Hearing voices used to be called divine inspiration now it’s schizophrenia.

A Perennium Blaster cap on Burst is 8s before Skill Lock modifiers. Skill Lock modifies the recycle time after the above is calculated. With -36% Skill Lock mods I have a 5s Burst on the PB.

Skill Lock will affect anything that locks a skill so anything that locks a perk does not work. Aggression taunting, Stims, Vehicle weapons, Grafts, hacking TS Pouches are all affected by Skill Lock mods.

Fear the Ithaca Trader with 2s Fling Shot and 6s Aimed Shot.

Originally posted by Leifis

Anyone have any idea what this may mean? Is it currently too good or needs to be improved?

I *think* what Cz is saying is that if my burst is capped at 5 seconds and I put on a skill lock reducer, but hard cap can be lowered? that woudl be Awesome, but I could be way off too.

Any ideas/thoughts/opinions?

Yea to me it says "THIS IS GETTING NERFED DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY"
    Sarahrah 206 Doc setup
    Sarahrahh 208 MA
    Moscone 200 Fixer Original tradeskill gimp
    Bigmaul 178 Enf
    Sarahlah 166 Sol
    Synnopt 149 Adv

Well it just means it's buggy atm and they will fix it, most likely for everything it will be -1 skill lock=-1%.

And would probably apply on base recycle team (seems more logical to me).

I'd like it though if it was added to perk specials as well, -20% of 40s is just 8s, bringing it down to 32s not much to shake a ... (regarding Soothing Spirit).

Also time skill on Channel Rage is very long 3mins something.... could bring it down to 2 mins and a half, maybe?
    /Toril - 205 MP with Full Chosen - Chilling since 21/07/2004, playable until 17/08/2004

[Darkness Nova][Aulial]: [...] discerning whats in the mirror is rather difficult

Originally posted by Sheffy

No.

With no skill-lock modifiers, my burst was 9s. I added -18 skill lock and barely got it down to 5s (it was still 7s until I added the last -3 modifier).

Now figure out that math 'Cuz I certainly can't figure out any sort of equation to it.
    Standar = 9sec
    Skill Lock = -18
    after = 5
    root of 18 = 4.24 ~ 4sec
    9 - 4 = 5

dunno if this is right but.. it seems like it
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Originally posted by Sarahrah
    Yea to me it says "THIS IS GETTING NERFED DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY"
    That's probably a very accurate impression, sorry to say. The SkillLockModifier wasn't supposed to affect damage values, but healing (First Aid and Treatment) and the use of gadgets (Grafts, etc). The way it currently works skews the damage balance completely, with specials recycling faster than intended.

And don't trust the "Action not possible. Action available in x seconds" message from special attacks when you have a SkillLockModifier. Seems those numbers are way off. Strangely enough, the timer message works correctly for e.g. First Aid Kits.

Originally posted by Cz
    The SkillLockModifier wasn't supposed to affect damage values, but healing (First Aid and Treatment)

<...>

The way it currently works skews the damage balance completely, with specials recycling faster than intended.
    Finally some good news.

4 seconds bursts and 8 seconds FAs always seemed very odd and unbalaned to me. It turns the game into a special attack contest / festival and brings me to the obvious question: How can a special attack be considered "special" any longer if you use it every 4 seconds? It's no longer "special" but rather more or less a regular hit and given the amount of damage and to have it always hit/land is just plain and simple overpowered.

Looking forward to an adjustment.

On another note, I've always liked the way skill lock affects first aid, it does not bring it down to stupid fast values, but you really notice a diffrence and it has a noticable but not overpowered impact on combat.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast