Thread: Idea for an Enforcer Nano

Idea for an Enforcer Nano

since everyone is presenting their ideas for nano lines I would like to as well. This is my idea for an enforcer nano.

The nano would allow the forcer to continue fighting after his HP went below zero. The nano would keep the enforcer going for 30 seconds (at the lowest ql, +10 seconds for each crystal in the line, up to a max of maybe a minute). Once the enforcer is reduced below 0 HP the count starts. The enforcer has until the count is up to finish the fight and seek healing.

I think this would be a great "tanking" nano. A party that had an enforcer equipped with this nano would know that no matter what the enforcer would be tanking for at least 30 seconds. Plus, it gives the party a second chance to heal the enforcer (which would be nice, since the guy in the fron lines has a tendency to die more then the guys in the back lines).

Anyways, i think its a pretty decent idea, and not too terribly unbalancing. Of course, there's always ways to exploit things, but i think this would be a great addition and wouldn't be treading on any other profession's toes (like a damage shield would).
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Thumbs down

Way to unbalancing, there is also no RP explanation for why or how this happens.
    What you propose is basically 30 seconds of immortality, something to rival even the TMS or nullity II.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The closest thing you could get to that nano would be something like this:

--Duration 30 minutes (like a normal buff).

--When your HP goes below zero this nano activates.
    --Once this nano activates you cannot move.
    --Your nano skills are shutdown once this nano activates.
    --The activation of this nano triggers a boost to damage, attack speed, crit chance, AMS, and taunts all mobs in the area. These bonuses last for 10-30 seconds depending on the QL of the nano. When these effects are gone, you die.

Basically this is a berserking kamikazi type of nano... You are going down anyway, might as well take out as much as you can to save the team.

Enforcers are already balanced and powerful. This nano does not interfere with their balance or make them anymore powerful, but it does make them cooler and funner to play.

But I'm not thinking...

...About just another kind of challenge nano.

I figured y ou'd cast this as a latent (maybe its duration is 5 minutes, so you need to refresh it alot). When you die you get some extra time to keep going.

Think of it like in Starship Troopers, where mortally wounded bugs could kepe going (Its the best analogy i can think of, i had a better one but i can't remember it).

Maybe 30 seconds is too much to begin with, perhaps 15 +5 per crystal in the line. I think Nano skills should remain active though, that way you could pop a challenger or a mongo slam and really go down hard.

Plus, It's really invulrability, you already have to be dead to use the power. Once the time runs out, you're a goner.

Maybe even don't allow healing once you use the nano, but i would prefer that it was still an option.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

IMO the only thing that is left to balance an enf is to add the edged weapon buffs to brutal thug, headcracker, etc. Not all enf are a beam/hammer weilding atrox.

Enforcers have one of the best, well balanced nano lines of any class. While this 'berserker rip off' isn't stupid, it is kinda useless.

Smile

Originally posted by DarkeKnyte
    IMO the only thing that is left to balance an enf is to add the edged weapon buffs to brutal thug, headcracker, etc. Not all enf are a beam/hammer weilding atrox.
    Some of us is actualy solitus wielding hammers (beams are forbidden for us ).

It would be nice if there where more effective weapons then hammer and support beams.

For Nanos, how about a stunning blow nanos, that gives us higher chance to stun with our hammers and support beams, or a cutting blow for edged or piercing weapons, that causes bleeding (DOT) for a short while after a hit.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Way to unbalancing, there is also no RP explanation for why or how this happens.
    What you propose is basically 30 seconds of immortality, something to rival even the TMS or nullity II.

The closest thing you could get to that nano would be something like this:

--Duration 30 minutes (like a normal buff).

--When your HP goes below zero this nano activates.
    --Once this nano activates you cannot move.
    --Your nano skills are shutdown once this nano activates.
    --The activation of this nano triggers a boost to damage, attack speed, crit chance, AMS, and taunts all mobs in the area. These bonuses last for 10-30 seconds depending on the QL of the nano. When these effects are gone, you die.

Basically this is a berserking kamikazi type of nano... You are going down anyway, might as well take out as much as you can to save the team.

Enforcers are already balanced and powerful. This nano does not interfere with their balance or make them anymore powerful, but it does make them cooler and funner to play.

Here is an Idea. The nano casts, just before you die. You haver 30 seconds to fight on, and then die. You will HAVE to die, when it goes below 0 HP. But the RP aspect of it is, you always hear about barbarians and fighters and things like that, fighting on a few seconds after the fatal blow ( anyone here seen Lord of the rings? the dude with the arrows in him at the end there? )

So, You get 30 seconds of fight time ( 15 for PvP? ) but then you die. Call it "Last Act" or something like that. your last enraged beserk refuse to die act. before you die. Im sorry. you just cant be "saved" from death. I think it would be unfair to all other class's out there who have to die. I dont know many fights that last over 30 seconds anyways, so that time frame is a bit to much.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Yeah, that's basically what i had in mind

That the character just by shear force of will keeps going even after his body has given out. And not being able to heal is fine with me too, it makes plenty of sense not to be able to. Then the nano is something that can't save the enforcer, but allows him to keep going a little longer.

Maybe instead of just a straight time limit (of say 30 seconds) it could be contigent. If there are mobs activly engaged with the enforcer he stays up till there are no more mobs on him, or 10 seconds (+5 per crystal in the line). That way its not unbalancing in PVP and is more useful in PVM (which is my intent).

Oh, and I agree that enforcers arn't unbalanced really. But after a year or so of playing a character type its just nice to get new things. I think every profession should get new stuff a few times a year. Not anything that changes the entire game, just something to vary things up a bit.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Sure would be nice to get new stuff. But seriously, there are still quite a few borked nanos. Shouldn't those be fixed before FC starts putting in goodies?

Actually Broken:
    Epsilon Purge (don't tell me about that BS fix, it's still useless)
    Trader Charms (ask a Trader. It's basically slow suicide. Or quick suicide, depending on your luck)
    Crat Demots (break calm, don't do much anyway)
    Soldier HP Buffs (the top two are smaller than the third from the top)
    Soldier Phalanx (it's so pointless no one's used it, and it probably wouldn't work anyway)
    MA Horde (Same reason)
    Agent Assume/Mimic (woo hoo, they're WORSE than FP)
    Adventurer AC buffs (the line just...stops. No more nanos above QL 96 Greater Wilderness Protection)

I won't list the useless nano lines. It's too depressing.

Don't forget the useless skills.

cough sharp objects cough
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Mercatura
    Don't forget the useless skills.

cough sharp objects cough

good god man, don't compain about sharp objects, you have a dozen otehr green/teal skills.

The only ones allowed to complaing about that are agents, whom use to have it as a green skill (silent nerf).

I'm not sure you can go two posts in a row without complaining about agents...but anyway, here's a list of unimplemented skills:

Riposte
    Sharp Objects

Here's a list of never, ever raise these skills:
    Adventuring
    Swimming
    Grenade
    Trap Disarm
    Perception
    Vehicle Ground
    Vehicle Water
    Nano Resist

Not even a level 200 would waste IP with that crap. Although with high Perception you might be able to see Agents before they die.

Here's an idea that might make it more palateble to some. Make it so you can only use it while teamed. Say you can only call up that last gasp of fight whilst protecting your commrads. And then it wouldn't be used in pvp... well not solo pvp anyways.

lol, i dunno, I like the idea *shrug*. It'd be cool to have a message be put out when it goes into effect

"A mortal blow is struck and EnforcerDude goes down on one knee. Blood pores out of his wounds but before your amazed eye's he lets out a roar and continues fighting with a glazed look in his eyes. But you can already see him ebbing as his lifes blood drains away."

:, it'd make things interesting. Of course it would make enforcers even more sought after as tanks, but who wants a soldier or ma to tank now anyways?
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Thumbs up

I want a nano that allows Trox Enf's to NEVER get killed
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Originally posted by Sredni
    but who wants a soldier or ma to tank now anyways?
    MAs are good tanks, they are even more like a doctor and an enforcer put together in one. They'll have full crits buffs in 14.2 making the best damage dealers on a team

And since well all will have to start killing bosses now, soldiers with reflect bracers will haave a purpose. I am essentially the only solder of higher level in my guild now, its usually my job to run down and grab the item because i can sit down there for an entire 1 min 20 seconds and not get a scratch on me, in the mean time i've wasted half the mobs down there with no risk to myself. Put 2 soldiers in a team and no one will have to worry about the risk of dying in a team mission because the soldiers can just go down and kill anything that might be of harm

So its not like MAs and Soldiers are useless.

( i like having solders in my team so i can waste 44ncus of their just to give them 60ac :P )
    Last edited by Pie314; May 26th, 2002 at 08:38:14.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!