Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to new chat system.

Great work Rocton
    Enabran "Enabran" Tain
    Proud Omni-Tek Soldier
    Squad Commander of Corporate Justice
    www.corpj.eu.org

"Who Watches the Watchers..."

I just figured out the settings to change nano casting (buffing and in combat) to a color other than red.

In my modified TextColors.xml file in the zip file, I changed ct_cmd_feedback,
    CCChatCmdFeedbackError, and
    CCChatCmdFeedbackInfo
    to beige.

Only the CCChatCmdFeedbackError seems to be necessary to change for this, but the less red text other than things beating on me, the better in my opinion.

I hate the new chat system....NERF

Originally posted by Icon
    I hate the new chat system....NERF
    I think the phrase should be:

I hate the new chat system....IMPROVE

Nerfing it is kinda silly... I have no major gripes with it anymore, though at first I had serious doubts about it, but there are still things that need to be fixed in the new chat. One thing I would LOVE to see is the afk command working again, preferably with changing the player's name another color (blue would be a nice one). Another thing I'd love is the splitting of vicinity and system messages, as I think they shouldn't be integrated.

I'm still getting used to the new GUI and I'm still fiddling about with the settings on it, but it's working for me now within its possibilities we have now.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

Originally posted by Pinkoid
    I think the phrase should be:

I hate the new chat system....IMPROVE

Nerfing it is kinda silly... I have no major gripes with it anymore, though at first I had serious doubts about it, but there are still things that need to be fixed in the new chat. One thing I would LOVE to see is the afk command working again, preferably with changing the player's name another color (blue would be a nice one). Another thing I'd love is the splitting of vicinity and system messages, as I think they shouldn't be integrated.

I'm still getting used to the new GUI and I'm still fiddling about with the settings on it, but it's working for me now within its possibilities we have now.

I just like to use the word NERF(in caps, of course) when it isn't really needed....

Another way to change channels it:

Enter
    Tab
    shift + Arrow up / down, to navigate the list.

I haven't been able to get my Private Groups to change color. I REALLY don't want these channels to be white, but that seems all I can them to be. Any suggestions?
    KylSawz ..:: Lvl 216 Atrox Adv ::..
    General for Lost Chapter

Can anyone tell me how to reliably get a chat log in the new chat system?

Logging doesn't seem to work well, breaks randomly even if it records at all. So if you know how to get a chat log... please let me know.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Anyone know the keyboard shortcut to flip thru the chat window tabs?

Phallisto, press ALT+ENTER to go forward and SHIFT+ALT+ENTER to go backwards.

Sallust, before 15.5.3 the logs where buffered on the client and written out in larger chunks so the log on disk was not guaranteed to be complete until after logout (the ingame logview should always be up-to-date though). I changed this in 15.5.3 though. So now it should flush the log to disk after each received message. Have you checked how it works with 15.5.3?

anyone have trouble joining bots?

for example, i used to be able to join acom, but now when i send a tell to join nothing happens. i still get responses from commands like help, but i cant join

and it isnt just acom...recently aurbot has not let me join either. I am pretty confident it is not cause i got kicked or anything, i am pretty nice and lowkey again, i get the help menue when i type -help, but no dice with the join

any info would be so appreciated. Thank you so much

i am on rk1 by the way

/Ckambria
    Regulators. Mount up.

I'm not sure if this answers your question, especially since I don't know RK1 bots.

But since Amona decided that "IGN no longer supports the use of this product under a Funcom run environment" (which basically means I'm pissed so I'm taking down the IGN network, you're on your own) a lot of IGN bots went dead. Maybe that is your problem?

Also I read somewhere about a fix for the team bug in new chat. Since even after last patch I still have it... would be nice if someone pointed the way?

I did a search but must have used the wrong words since nothing came up.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Heya guys,

I seem to have some problems with my macros... the ones that where ment for the channel i speak in at that time dont work anymore. Really strange. Would appreciate some help if anyone of you knows anything
    Lady Dawina Gyllstjerna
    Squad Commander of Eternal Fury on Atlantean

Originally posted by Dawina
    Heya guys,

I seem to have some problems with my macros... the ones that where ment for the channel i speak in at that time dont work anymore. Really strange. Would appreciate some help if anyone of you knows anything
    Well, some of the chat commands have changed, so that might be it. Perhaps you can paste the macros that aren't working so we can see what's wrong?
    Last edited by Zanthyna; Jun 30th, 2004 at 15:56:01.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Has anyone been able to change thier Vicinity chat color since the last patch?

I had mine changed but with the last patch all my chat colors defaulted back to the original settings. And now I have tried to change them back but I can't seem to change the vicinity one. Well I can't change any of them, but mostly I have tried changing that one since it gets totally lost with all that yellow spam of everything else now.

Nevermind . I eventually got it to work. Of course I don't know what I did differently when it finally did work . But at least it works .
    My Bartle test results... I'm an ESK
    Explorer 73% Socializer 53% Killer 53% Achiever 20%

Does anyone know of a way to get around the text files coming out in Word with the chat color Hex code in front of every line? Makes it a bit tougher to browse through chat logs.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

That's why I never open the log files directly.
    I rather open them in game and do a copy/paste to a notepad/word document.
    I like a game where a total n00b is catalogued as 'leet'!

Genesis General and HR manager.

Alentejana (MA) Elinz (NT) Fixinbabe (Fix duuuh) Rutinha (Adv)
    Ezeta (MP) Penicillin (Doc) Taradona (Trd) Daleetjoosik (Keep) Greenform (Crat) Snipinha (Agent)

Yeah well when you log as much as I do ya kinda need to look at the file in Word - I am a pack rat when it comes to logging chat - last I looked had many thousands of pages
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthyna
    Well, some of the chat commands have changed, so that might be it. Perhaps you can paste the macros that aren't working so we can see what's wrong?
    I think what Dawina was having problems with were macros like:

Code:
    /macro target Targeting -> %t <
    In the past this would send a message to whatever your default channel was. Now it just seems to dump the text to "System" (not sure about that -- but not an outgoing chat channel others can see). There doesn't seem to be any way to set things up to speak to your default channel now.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast