Thread: Why don`t stores sell "new" nano programs????

Unhappy Why don`t stores sell "new" nano programs????

I`d like to know why stores don`t sell the new nano programs.
    As a bureaucrat I was looking forward to the new nano`s (motivational & pet), unfortunately, the shops do not sell them....
    If there are new nano`s why can`t they simply be sold in the shops, instead of generating missions hoping the reward will be one of the nano`s, which is based on LUCK.

because that would make sense

I think they did it to make tradeskills more attractive and/or useful.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

It's to try and create some sort of economy. It's too easy to find everything you need on your own. The problem with this is that the nanos are still too rare and only 1/5 of the population gets these new items and those being little rich bastards with uber twinked chars.

Originally posted by Xombie
    Well.. for that to make sense you would think they would sell what you needed to create the item.

But since finding the right instruction disc is harder then most things in this game, it seems like they don't want everyone to have these new great nanos. Tradeskill only nanos is on the list of really bad suggestions.. at least how it stands now. Finding the discs is based on pure luck, and most people just sell them off to the stores anyways because there is no easy way to offer them for sale. Unless you know that disc you found contain a rare tradeskill only nano most people won't even offer it for sale in a shopping channel, and the chances are good it ends up in a shop together with the rest of your mission/hunting junk... if you even bother picking it up.

I've been able to find the normal Enfram's and one of the Eng aura nanos and I haven't been able to sell them yet. No one seems to buy the blasted things =\

More than likely the reason you can't sell them is because the prices are way out of the range of the player that either doesn't cheat or buy creds on Ebay from the cheats.

I have never played a game where money makes all the difference. I can bearly keep my characters up to date with the money that I earn in game. Purchasing parts and making a full set of QL70 implants brought my Nanotech down to 186 creds the other day.

Offer the Nanos out at double the sell rate that you would get in the shop (nice profit for you) and I am sure they would sell.

I've been trying to sell an Enfraam nano (NT only self buff for AC and HP, req's = 220 in 3 nano skills, can't remember which ones though) but no one is interested in buying it. No, I do not charge much for it either, give me 100 k and it is yours, unless someone bids me more off course

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Perhaps I didn't explain. An Enframs would be nice, but so would ever having 100k in the first place. I do missions and try earn money but I cannot justify spending 100k on a nano that somebody got for free. That in a nutshell is why people cannot sell items.

I realise that there was a certain amount of effort on your part to get the nano, but because people are walking around with money they shouldn't have those people who are playing the game and not fighting against it are suffering.

My nano character has had 100k twice in the its lifetime. Shortly afterwards with nano upgrades and implants I am back to next to nothing. Out of curiosity how much would the shop give you for that nano?

Khallan

I wouldnt worry yourself about the Enfram nanos anyway. By the time you can get them, they stink.

I use Enfram's Supreme Fortification that gives 138 to every AC and 207 hps.

Guess what? The creatures I fight hit me for over 300. So, in the end, the buff allows maybe one extra hit. Not really worth the trouble.

Personally, I would rather see a buff that increases my damage or nano skills.

What lvl are you Khallan ?

If you have a full set (purchased in shops) of ql70 implants, surely you must have had more than 100 k creds ? And you should be able to do 20 - 40 k pr missions including selling loot to shops at lvl40+.(edit: that is mission diff set to 50%, can't do them much harder anyway) . So 100 k for an Enfraam (ordinary) is not to costly.

I do however agree with Lostlogic about it not being very effective at the moment but then again, it is better than not having it.
    Last edited by Nanogater; Dec 5th, 2001 at 19:22:18.
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Originally posted by Xombie

Yeah, i like to think they did that too. But, the two NT nanos that is trade skill only: Nullity Sphere MK I & II is nearly impossible to find, im still the only in RK1 with MK1, no one has seen MK II yet. I fail to see the reasons behind that. Its not much of a tradeskill item as it is now.
    NT phone HOME!!