Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Love/Hate: How to REALLY Tell Which Profession You Should Be Playing!

Question WHYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy?

W-H-Y this thread is not sticky?

/me prostrates to Cz's general direction...

Bump. Sticky. A sticky bump, that is.

Bumping this.
    Have played NT for a while, I can agree to what was written. Just started playing a trader, seems it's pretty correct on that too. At least the comp lit part!

Gattolina
    Kirikiri - Trader
    General, Depot Division
    Ancarim Iron Legion
    Gattolina - NT
    Ancarim Iron Legion

bump for good reasons

BUMP!
    Char list:
    Discont 200 trader,
    Geiringe 184 MA,
    Tykkskalle 114 Enf,
    Vidsyn 114 NT
    Rightfirst 77 MA
    Lifegiwer 74 Doc,
    Quickdraw 60 Soldier

Re: WHYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy?

Originally posted by Resetgun
    W-H-Y this thread is not sticky?

/me prostrates to Cz's general direction...
    Code:
    Mana source detected...
    Source identified... worshipper.
    Closing in to drain power...

Mana supply completely drained...
    Register worshipper request...
    Request granted...

New mana source detected...
    Source identified... pizza.

C'ya.

Another great thread. Kudos to Brad!

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?

Good one, Cz
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Ntrox
    Oh BTW Brad, once you break the 100 cap as MP, you can once again solo reds (requires care though)
    A engi can solo red from lvl 30 to atleast lvl 110 (Where I am now) except around the titlecap. It requers to beg, beg, and beg MP for buff, but once you meet one that gives you it (No I never to /tell. That is not apropriate) you can run a hole day with the same pet. For the moment I am soloing QL 143 mission with my lv 110 engi and it can have two red mob without needing healing intervention from me. (Just for the record: This will give me 30k xp per mob while a yellow gives me 10k xp)

Another thing i think is not mention here is that if you are not carfully guided by one that have played MUCH then you will almost sertenly screw up you first character. One thing is all the things you don't know the importans of, like armor, implants, the right weapon and so on. But I think more of NT, MP or Engies that gets a cool armor that needs strengt and boost that to the top. Or say something like: Hey! That skill seems important. Let me boost a lot on swimming.

I did most of that. Actualy I destroyd 3 characters like this. Two of them was saved thanks to the total IP reset, but I do not think that will happen often.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Originally posted by ClanKiller4
    BUMP
    Um, this thread has been sticky for a long time.

heh... i miss the brad posts.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Update?

Good thread

Have some of this professions changed after the original post in may, or is it still the same pro and con as it was then ??
    have all the patches since then changed them in anyway ?

Devastator

No. not in particular.

But for the engineer, they can't solo red till about 40. I am maxed out at 37 and can almost do it.

Problems with engineers, if bots don't take the hits your dead meat. Bots LIKE to get stuck on chairs tables and walls. Engineer nanos are the most expensive compared to others your lvl.

I just spent over 200k on 3 nanos at lvl 37. (A new bot, ac buff and spike shield)

But I still think that the eng is one the most fun to play.

Adds are an engineer's nightmare, it's true. Those missions I've been sent to reclaim from it hasn't been because the bot was destroyed, it's been because adds arrived and decided I was a juicier target than the bot was.

On a positive note, Blackmane (the dev in charge of nanos) dropped into the Engineer forum and said he'd look into getting the engi blind auras to tick on cast, instead of waiting 20 seconds as we currently do. That should go a long way towards improving our ability to deal with unexpected adds.

Cheers,

~R~

This post is marvelous, so hits the nail on the spot and kept me laughing for a while

A DOCTOR:

What You're Going to Love: No one in history has every been more popular. Getting rich off of Surgery buffs.

What You're Going to Hate: No one in history has ever been so helpless on their own, or more readily blamed by others when things go wrong. Being totally poor until you get to the insanely high level where you get the really good Surgery buff.

=-=

Sooo true heh, apart that hardly anyone tips anymore for the surgery buff, so you need to have a high level alt with a bag of cash, have alotof luck, a good guild or somehow have the people tip you ;o) (But this is probably because people think a lvl 190 doc has hundreds of millions lying around..... if only ;p )

If you need any questions as a new doc, feel free to poke me when i'm online
    Last edited by Georg; Oct 25th, 2002 at 20:35:54.
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Thumbs up

Brightly put.

Minor glitches...

Enforcer : Can heal over time in combat at the expense of drawing all the agro in the zone. Which for some dumb reason they are pretty proud off.

Bureaucrat : They have the coolest suit. Ever.

Fixers : They have their very own shop... that is a pile of trash in a forsaken zone. And their very own (huge) private grid.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

I love this thread! Glad it is sticky. FC should add a link to the forums as a desktop icon when you install the game. It took me entirely too long to discover the forums when I was a nubi. Not until I started to want to sell stuff did I discover them.

http://www.usask.ca/education/ideas/...s/legaldri.htm
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Cool

Brilliant. No ther word can describe this

Cool New

Im new to this game so I welcome any help I can get. The part you wrote about the different professions really helped me and I am now a Martial Artist. I think I'm going to enjoy this game very much cause it's really my kind of game. Having complete freedom in a living world.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast