Thread: Problem with Living Armor Quests

Unhappy Problem with Living Armor Quests

I had heard this was nice questable armor that would grow with your character until level 50. I found that you can start the quest from 3 different npcs in Newland, Omni Entertainment and in a clan city. From trying to start this twice I found it the quest is to the exact same places. I'm Omni so tried this with my 26th level fixer. I can't seem to make it to Old Athens from West Athens, I keep getting guard-whacked. Is this really doable solo without high level help? My husband and I were trying to make the run together and it only got us sharing reclaim terminal time.

Here's the write-up I was trying to follow:
    http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/quest_...yberarmor.html

Thanks for any information and suggestions. =)

I completed this part of the Living Cyber Armor quest with a level 8 Omni martial artist shortly after the quest was introduced. Since then a grid terminal was installed inside Old Athen and I think the guards near the west gate may have been moved.

Try gridding directly to Old Athen. Also, for the long trip out to Foreman Mine I found it easier to take the whompa to Stret West Bank and run west and north along an unpaved road to The Longest Road.

One thing to consider is that by the time you get the armor pieces, you could have levelled your char past the point where those items are of optimal use.

Unless you're twinking a low level char, I'd say bypass them. Or pick them up in the subway.. but if you're 26 already then that's out.

Boots portion driving me nuts!

Well I am neutral so getting around wasnt too bad and I got the body portion.

Now im trying to do the boots portion and you have to locate a wandering NPC near Newland 'Somewhere to the east of some mountain range'.. Well I spent like 2 hours walking around every inch of that area and no NPC. To make it worse there is like half a million grey critters in the area too, so you cant tell if thats the NPC or another OT bounty hunter.

Im sorry original poster, if you dont get gunned down at Athens (omni players), then your sure to get gunned down at Newland (clan players)..

I think this quest is bunk, probably gonna delete and cut my losses..

I did all three quests within the space of 3 hours start to finish as a level 24 Clan Fixer. I started it in Reets Retreat, so I guess I did the 'neutral' version.

And yes, I did get blasted at least 4 times around Newland... But the quest is easily doable if you can use the grid and know how to get to your mark without being seen by enemy guards that hit for 3000.. hehe
    Rozcc

i've done it with a neutral level 23 trader .. the worst part was
    avoiding the slayerdroid at the enter of the omni post in longest
    road.. safe that, the quest is doable..

as an omni, i duno. Bliss nor Athen are walkable for you..
    Old athen ask for 120 in comp liter (i think) to be able to grid there.
    IMHO, if your problematique quest mission is at the end of the
    longest road, take a long road
    Borealis -> Last Ditch -> go north until zoning in Athen Shire ->
    find the road (take care.. there's 2 -3 virulent minibull around) ->
    go west along the road until zoning in the Longest Road.. ->
    follow the road until the Omni outpost ..

on the road, stick urselves in the middle of the road.. most mobs
    are 40ish and worse on the side of the road.. try to get a runbuff
    from a fixer, cause the trip on the longest road is .. erhm.. long
    my trader has something like 100 at most in run speed.. it take
    me around 10-15 mins to reach the mission..

IMHO, the living cyber armor is an ok armor until level 40-45..
    after that, u'll find better ones..

hope it helps..
    tijup..
    Trounevis the funny fat engy. Tradeskill and gimp since day-1. (Supreme Creator)
    Grattepapela Please, fill this form first. <Bureaucrat, 201, Retired>
    Yamamotokekc Warp-Line Inc. for CoH Services.
    Pikouseuse Mediiiiiiiiiic !!!!

Taking the scenic (running) route from Stret West Bank would be the safest option for Omnis.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims