Thread: Worldwide Omni-Tek Broadcast on the CoT rally

Worldwide Omni-Tek Broadcast on the CoT rally

After a regularly scheduled commercial break, your vidscreen shifts to a simple image that states "OMNI-TEK", underneath which is written in smaller print "Special Announcement".

Serious Announcer: We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you a special announcement courtesy of Omni-Administrative Services Subdepartment K62.

The 4-note Omni theme sound plays in the background, and the screen shifts to a handsome Opifex man in his mid-thirties. He is smartly dressed in a black Omni-Tek executive's suit. Every detail of his appearance is immaculate, with not a speck of dust on his suit or a strand of hair out of place. He has very serious and reserved demeanor, and speaks with a clear and confident voice:

Good evening, all loyal citizens of Omni-Tek, and friends across Rubi-Ka. My name is Jacob Stroud of Omni-Administrative Services. I am broadcasting this message from the Omni Headquarters building in the heart of Omni-1. I would like to thank Omni-Tek, Omni-InternOps, and Omni-Reform department 28C for the opportunity to speak with you tonight.

For many years we have heard stories, rumors, and gossip regarding the views and ideologies held by the people known collectively as the Clans, our somewhat violent and unpredictable neighbors to the north. Some of these tales have been related by wheedling Clan diplomats and councelors before the ICC and interstellar audience. Other, more reliable information has been provided by accounts from highly professional Omni-Pol and Omni-InternOps employees.

This latter information usually cannot be made available directly to the public, for the safety of the employees who collect this information as well as your own, and is generally relayed to the public thanks to the untiring efforts of the Omni-Tek Press Corp.

Tonight however, we bring to you a very special event. On the evening of March 28, 29478, the Rimor Chamber of the Clans' "Council of Truth" held a rally in order to shore up their political support among their clan allies. This was done with the alleged intention of trying to restore Omni-2 from the damage they inflicted upon it many years ago. Thanks to the immense courage of several fine members of Omni-InternOps, we are able to present to you an unprecedented audio recording of this rally, so that you may hear with your own ears the open, true voice of the Clans in an unbiased format.

The Administrator's already serious expression becomes even more grave...

Be warned, what you are about to hear may shock, offend, and even frighten you, and may not be appropriate for all viewers. We strongly advise that children and the elderly leave the room. Regardless of what you are about to hear, you need not be frightened; Omni-Tek will protect you, no matter what.

Without any further ado, we present to you the Council of Truth's Omni-2 political rally...

The picture changes to a still shot of a painting of Omni-2 under attack by Clan armies. The audio recording plays in the background:

XX:41: Seraph shouts: So basically, what happens when you join the council - you are just a member of it, or, you need to reform your clan and so on - do explain the details!
    XX:41: Ramaladu shouts: yeah details before signup
    XX:41: Armitage111 shouts: your not having my first born
    XX:41: Sallust shouts: as a member YOUR voice is heard in the council
    XX:41: Runlovnfreak shouts: Looks like omni has invaded... councle ha who needs em. we are doing fine on our own.. who needs some one to tell us how to lose a war!
    XX:42: Seraph shouts: you gathered us here like sheep to the slaughter
    XX:42: Seraph shouts: saying Do you want to join or not
    XX:42: Seraph shouts: without explaining any details about joining itself
    XX:42: Seraph shouts: What DO WE DO to join?
    XX:42: Gimpsoldier shouts: lol join WHAT?
    XX:42: Sallust shouts: the Council of Truth, a representative body for all member clans
    XX:43: Ramaladu shouts: the point we are tryint to say is that We need to know about what the Cot will stand for
    XX:43: Ramaladu shouts: We don't wanta fluctuating Government that won't stand for anything
    XX:43: Runlovnfreak shouts: thats ghey
    XX:44: Runlovnfreak shouts: we want freedome not a corperated councle!
    XX:44: Ramaladu shouts: and saying we Will negotiate and make united decisions is avoiding the issues
    XX:44: Armitage111 shouts: organization is for omnis
    XX:44: Runlovnfreak shouts: WHAT ISSUES
    XX:44: Runlovnfreak shouts: so ghey
    XX:45: Runlovnfreak shouts: whered they come from
    XX:45: Runlovnfreak shouts: how long they been ehre
    XX:46: Runlovnfreak shouts: Ive been playing this game for liek a year now.. ive never seen em do a damn thing
    XX:46: Gimpsoldier shouts: lets do somting this is bored
    XX:47: Sallust shouts: the old Council of Truth was disbanded by Omni-Tek, lack of clan support tore it apart
    XX:47: Soulcam shouts: Lets go take over Omni HQ
    XX:47: Stormransack shouts: good idea
    XX:47: Gimpsoldier shouts: good idea yeah
    XX:47: Ramaladu shouts: it was disbanded cuz they acted like idiots
    XX:47: Stormransack shouts: any enfs that can clear the guards at the grid?
    XX:47: Omnikilla420 shouts: so what does COT do for us?
    XX:47: Stormransack shouts: oy take down the HQ
    XX:47: Sallust shouts: the old Council of Truth wasn't open to all Clans, but only the voices of the biggest and strongest
    XX:47: Ramaladu shouts: it wasn't open to any
    XX:48: Sallust shouts: the new Council of truth is open to all Clans who wish to be a part
    XX:48: Ramaladu shouts: other than the God Funcoms choices on Atlantean Dimension
    XX:48: Runlovnfreak shouts: what is CoT doing recruiting people?
    XX:49: Sallust shouts: who here has another question about the Council of Truth or restoring Old Athen?
    XX:49: Stormransack shouts: can we do it now?
    XX:49: Stormransack shouts: this has been debated for too long about athens
    XX:49: Ramaladu shouts: What is your plan on restoring it, and are you gonna be snobbish or aro you going to let anyone help in restoring
    XX:49: Stormransack shouts: we need to do it now or not
    XX:49: Ysabelle shouts: When will the council hold it's first meetings?
    XX:49: Seraph shouts: Only one simple question - you all know what will happen if all of us dont join it - some people will have votes, some wont
    XX:49: Nymphete shouts: how do you intend to keep it organized..instead of a screaming match like now?
    XX:50: Ceslenda shouts: Soon Ysa, just making a few last plans
    XX:50: Ramaladu shouts: exactly Nymphete
    XX:50: Soulcam shouts: lets set a bomb off in rome
    XX:50: Stormransack shouts: ya
    XX:50: Seraph shouts: dont dream of making it organized over clan leader channel
    XX:50: Stormransack shouts: BOMB ROME
    XX:50: Agentwink shouts: lets go take over rome
    XX:51: Sallust shouts: if you don't join in, that is your choice not to let your voice be heard... so be it!
    XX:51: Ramaladu shouts: Sallust you are sounding a little high uppity
    XX:51: Ramaladu shouts: your voice can be heard without the COT
    XX:51: Soulcam shouts: Blow up rome blue basic shop
    XX:51: Omnikilla420 shouts: so what exactly are we going to do?
    XX:52: Seraph shouts: call Nero , he has some expereince with Rome...
    XX:52: Ramaladu shouts: Soulcam we would get bored since they couldnt' recuit new people
    XX:52: Runlovnfreak shouts: why cant we just blow up all the omni stuff..
    XX:52: Sallust shouts: I am but one representative.. if you're afraid of just me then all the more reason for you to get off your rear and join!
    XX:52: Runlovnfreak shouts: i wanna make rome blue 25% zone!
    XX:52: Soulcam shouts: Set a storyline to set a bomb off like we did a long time ago
    XX:52: Sallust shouts: who has another question for us?
    XX:53: Omnikilla420 shouts: I'm not afraid
    XX:53: Ramaladu shouts: POint is JOIN WHAT?
    XX:53: Runlovnfreak shouts: LEts blow sum shiiit up
    XX:53: Ramaladu shouts: a shouting match every week?
    XX:53: Omnikilla420 shouts: what do we get out of joining?
    XX:53: Runlovnfreak shouts: People just join so we cna blow rome blue up
    XX:53: Soulcam shouts: I say start taking some of Rubi-Ka back from omni
    XX:53: Seraph shouts: mental note
    XX:54: Omnikilla420 shouts: ok, so lets start with Omni ent.
    XX:54: Seraph shouts: Just take a look at your SIDE XP BONUS
    XX:54: Omnikilla420 shouts: yeah, it suxxors
    XX:54: Soulcam shouts: Lets Make omni ent CLAN
    XX:54: Ramaladu shouts: Who cares about Side Xp
    XX:54: Ramaladu shouts: That just means People are lazy
    XX:54: Omnikilla420 shouts: so lets all go to Omni Ent now and start a roit
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

XX:54: Chadwill shouts: give the soljas guns
    XX:55: Agentwink shouts: lets go to omni
    XX:55: Soulcam shouts: Start a riot whooot
    XX:55: Runlovnfreak shouts: I want action not a damn debate
    XX:55: Agentwink shouts: lets bring the real life to them
    XX:55: Agentwink shouts: lets destroy there guards so the feel what its like
    XX:55: Soulcam shouts: Take Omni over now from power
    XX:56: Sallust shouts: any last questions for us?
    XX:56: Tinkertrish shouts: anyone have anything important to ask or we just shouting retarted comments now?
    XX:56: Omnikilla420 shouts: kill all that oppress the clan and drive them into the sea
    XX:56: Runlovnfreak shouts: I want action not a damn debate
    XX:56: Ramaladu shouts: Just wanna say if you think Joining The Cot is foolish, but wanna join a group against omni, up for putting down Corporation lets talk after
    XX:57: Soulcam shouts: Why did we pick Clan? to take over Omni from power
    XX:58: Agentwink shouts: im going to rome whos with me
    XX:58: Mucephi shouts: there is no goddam way to register a guild on the CoT
    XX:58: Ramaladu shouts: We picked clan, because they are not a Corporation and they are free
    XX:58: Runlovnfreak shouts: ok this is boreing...
    XX:58: Runlovnfreak shouts: lets blow sum shiit up
    XX:58: Agentwink shouts: k33l
    XX:58: Runlovnfreak shouts: KIll omnis!
    XX:59: Runlovnfreak shouts: what will i get if i register?
    XX:59: Sallust shouts: then post your clan and let them know who your representatives will be
    XX:59: Tinkertrish shouts: you dont GET anything
    XX:59: Runlovnfreak shouts: I want a tshirt
    XX:59: Tinkertrish shouts: just a voice
    XX:59: Ramaladu shouts: speaking of killing guards
    XX:00: Runlovnfreak shouts: Give me a Tshrit that says 'I hate omni'
    XX:00: Soulcam shouts: Will any action be taken against Omni once we have a voice?
    XX:00: Ramaladu shouts: I think we need to put the guards through Training in Sl
    XX:00: Sallust shouts: that is up to the representatives!
    XX:00: Runlovnfreak shouts: Im no joining with out a suvenier
    XX:00: Ceslenda shouts: that is something we will have to wait and see
    XX:00: Sallust shouts: we don't decide for the Council, the Council representatives will decide for themselves democratically
    XX:01: Soulcam shouts: and who r they?
    XX:01: Runlovnfreak shouts: then we dont have a voice if its the representivis
    XX:01: Ceslenda shouts: they are members of various clans who have already signed up Soulcam
    XX:01: Sallust shouts: one representative from each member clan can attend a meeting
    XX:01: Runlovnfreak shouts: im sure they dont care about what we say
    XX:02: Ramaladu shouts: this will sound foolish, but why should i, Leader of a small org, have as much say as someone who leads a org of 400?
    XX:02: Kranden shouts: Yea and howcome a raid leader of hundreds like myself has no say
    XX:02: Soulcam shouts: yeah its fixed
    XX:02: Ramaladu shouts: Exactly this isn't Democracy, this is a Republic
    XX:02: Runlovnfreak shouts: Im makine my own COT. FOllow me and we will raid and pillage city after city until all is ours!
    XX:02: Zorgus2 shouts: YOU CAN'T LEAD worTH can damn
    XX:03: Runlovnfreak shouts: Im makine my own COT. FOllow me and we will raid and pillage city after city until all is ours!
    XX:03: Soulcam shouts: whoot
    XX:03: Tinkertrish shouts: cause your not in an org kranden
    XX:03: Sturmfaust:
    XX:03: Sallust shouts: I apologize for the riotous mob to those of you who came to talk
    XX:03: Kranden shouts: :P
    XX:03: Runlovnfreak shouts: ID follow kranden to the death
    XX:03: Omnikilla420 shouts: kranden da man
    XX:03: Soulcam shouts: Free speech
    XX:03: Ramaladu shouts: So Sallust, why Do we not have a democracy in stead of a Republic
    XX:04: Ramaladu shouts: what about orgs set up as a anarchy?
    XX:04: Runlovnfreak shouts: WTB sum balls ql 50 paying 5mils
    XX:04: Ramaladu shouts: do all their members get a say?
    XX:04: Sallust shouts: this is why! too much chaos
    XX:04: Sallust shouts: each representative gets a say
    XX:04: Sallust shouts: but for now I'm done, as this has turned into anarchy
    XX:05: Ramaladu shouts: but like i said, Me with Few, vs Someone with many, its not a fair representation
    XX:05: Sallust shouts: take care my fellow clanners and please attend the Old Athen Restoration rally when we hold it
    XX:05: Eronnica: ?s Thank you for your time Sallust
    XX:05: Runlovnfreak shouts: Im makine my own COT. FOllow me and we will raid and pillage city after city until all is ours!
    XX:05: Tinkertrish shouts: lol and this is why cot is a good idea....
    XX:05: Ramaladu shouts: this is why there shoudnt' be
    XX:05: Omnikilla420 shouts: if u want to start rebuilding OA here's a hammer nad some wood, go fix that torn up building
    XX:06: Runlovnfreak shouts: I want a TOlite in my apartment!
    XX:06: Remmance shouts: Whne is the OA restoration rally ?
    XX:06: Kranden shouts: sory omnikilla i only destroy ;p
    XX:06: Soulcam shouts: Why rebuild when we can take over :P
    XX:06: Ramaladu shouts: since you ask a question and you get political jargon

The painting of Omni-2 is once again replaced with the image of Administrator Stroud, looking as serious as ever.

You have just heard a typical rally of the Clans. The man who spoke on behalf of the Council of Truth, Elder Sallust of the Pilgrims Clan, has done as Henry Radiman before him: fired up a large crowd with promises of action that are left unfulfilled. The uneducated clansmen, angry at the poor leadership which has given them a life of poverty, strife, and unfulfilled promises, have foolishly turned their anger against peaceful and well-meaning Omni-Tek citizens, people like you and me, instead of where it rightfully belongs. The clan leaders falsely accuse Omni-Tek of using "propaganda", while it is they who bluster out empty platitudes. Omni-Tek makes good on the promises we deliver to our citizens.

Cut to montage of very heroic looking Omni soldiers, cue dramatically building Omni-Tek anthem

When we say that "Omni-Tek Protects", we speak of the courageous men and women of Omni-Pol, Omni-Armed Forces, Omni-InternOps, and dedicated Omni special forces units who risk their lives every day fighting against those who would endanger you or your family. The treacherous villains who threatened to attack our Omni homes, members of a terrorist clan who call themselves Nightmare's Echo, are being hunted down as I speak to you right now.

Our brave forces will stand firm against Nightmare's Echo, they will stand firm against the Dust Brigade, they will stand firm against the Sentinals, they will stand firm against terrorists and bandits of all stripes until Rubi-Ka is at peace once more!

Cut back to the Administrator

Thank you, loyal Omni citizens, and goodnight.

Cut back to station bumper

Serious Annnouncer: This has been a special presentation from Omni-Administrative Services Subdepartment K62. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

The 4-note Omni theme sound plays again, and the station returns to normal

Commissioner, RKDC

(writing under the guise of my RK2 Omni alt)

Katelin turned her comm off and decided to watch some TV. Boring shows as usual. Katelin's mind drifted a bit while staring vacantly at the screen. The previous day had seen her at Reets again. It was an unusual eve becuase people actualy showed up. Katelin was rather suprised at that other patrons had shown.

They were all Clan women, none of whom smelled too bad. They must be a little more self-respecting. Katelin was pleasent to them, and they to her. It actually turned into an interesting conversation after they found out she was a priestess to Buffy. Having not spoken much of her Goddess to anyone in so long, Katelin was happy to share her religious beliefs. Although they were somewhat skeptic, they were polite. Katelin gave each a statue of Buffy in hopes they may want to ask more questions and eventually follow the faith.

Shortly after presenting the statues, the Clanners departed. One of Katelins friends showed up at Reets, they chatted for a bit, left Reets and went to her friend's place. It was getting late so after chi-chating a bit, Katelin went home.

Focusing back on the TV, she watched a special announcment come on the air. Nearly dropping her drink, Katelin watched. "I know that man!" It was the same man that had interviewd her about some special jobs for Omni-Admin. "Girl, what have you gotten yourself into!", she thought. Well, she wanted advancement. This looked the way to get it.....
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Apr 2nd, 2004 at 22:58:11.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Public memorandum on OT broadcasts of the CoT rallies.
    From the Office of Sallust:

Hmm, Omni-Reform produces quality propaganda still I see.

The truth is highly edited to serve the corporate profit, erm, purpose.

Perhaps a challenge is in order. I will invite you jacob stroud to our next public rally, provided that you submit yourself before your peer journalists who will also be invited to make sure a less manipulated piece of propaganda is available for you. I hope a group of reporters wouldn't make you nervous?

The clans are fair, and I should probably thank you for showing the need to have more reporters present.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

*watchs TV sees program*
    Well thats just crap the last people hunting Nightmare Echos are right here *points to a bunch of omni pol guards bodies behind him* if you mess with a clanner you mess with them all.

Hmm I wonder where that notum bomb I made went *TV screen goes blank and words technical difficulties comes on screen* hmm wierd coencidence my com registers it just detonated, hmm
    *Darkkmercys com rings* Hello?

*grid mailer*Hello yes Mr Darkkmercy we would like to report a error in our shipping it apears a omni adventurer in dog form lost control in the grid and decided to fetch you package and burry it somewhere in omni we are very sorry for any inconveience to you and will attempt to retrieve it soon.
    *Darkkmercy* Ohh ok no problem don't worry about it was nothing important there no need to waste your time on it.
    We wouldn't want you to waste your time on this *turns com off*

*Darkkmercy Laughs turns off tv sets a vial of cleaning nanos on the ground by omni bodies activates them and walks off*
    Hope they saved recently........
    There is no mercy like Darkkmercy.

*looks at the screen for roughly 3 seconds, remembers Old Eath America's biased media and hidden agendas, and promptly turns it off.*
    -- Killchain

Well the bombs are going to start. I can see from this latest broadcast what the much vaunted CoT is going to be. A tool for the various clanns that can afford it a say into wich terrorist target they will blow up. Funny how they got all this energy to bomb poor omni tech citzens who are jus going about there busness but dont have the time or money to rebuld there own cities. It is a verry sad day for us all I only hope the corp can get this thing destroied before some poor omni tech citzen(like me) is killd in a terrorist attack.

Funny though if this was a meeting of omni unit leaders an various orgs. we would have the neutrals an clan jumping all over them saing opresion but when the clan calls for bombing of busness ditricts an even individual stores the neutral faction is strangly quiet...is this just an oversight....I think not.

Ah, bombing Omni-Tek are we now?

I suppose Omni-Tek is going to offer as much proof of this allegation as they did about the trumped up charges about the old CoT being connected to the Dust Brigade?

Pathetic. I expect better lies from the experienced departments of Omni-Tek Reform.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Maybe that´s because cudayne is not from Omni Reform Sallust. She is from the Order of the Dark Tempest.

((OOC RK2 at least. /ooc))
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Originally posted by Sallust
    Ah, bombing Omni-Tek are we now?

I suppose Omni-Tek is going to offer as much proof of this allegation as they did about the trumped up charges about the old CoT being connected to the Dust Brigade?

Pathetic. I expect better lies from the experienced departments of Omni-Tek Reform.

Honestly, Mr. Reineman! I believe what Ms. Clasen was referring to were comments made by clan members heard during the audio recording. To quote:

XX:50: Soulcam shouts: lets set a bomb off in rome
    XX:50: Stormransack shouts: BOMB ROME
    XX:51: Soulcam shouts: Blow up rome blue basic shop
    XX:52: Runlovnfreak shouts: why cant we just blow up all the omni stuff..

And et cetera. Words from the mouths of your own fellow clansmen, not "propaganda" cooked up by some secret think tank. It is a fortunate irony that these "action-oriented" clansmen were all talk or else countless innocent lives could have been endangered.

I don't believe that the Council of Truth would condone such activities directly, but we must be practical: the Council simply doesn't have the necessary resources or political clout to establish effective security in the northlands, especially with the current balance of power being what it is.

Commissioner, RKDC

Please contact me at your earliest convenience Mr. Stroud.

My gridmail is aonews@vaultnetwork.com

Please sent it with "Attention - Noticiero Rivera" as subject.