Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give Me A Reason To Be Clan, I Doubt You Can

Post Give Me A Reason To Be Clan, I Doubt You Can

Here is a thread that will die quickly, because no one has an answer, not anymore that is.

Give me some reason to be Clan, other then not wanting to leave my guild and friends I have in the Clan. Give some new player a reason to be Clan. There absolutely is no reason to be clan.

Here you go, fill in the blanks:

1) You are so wrong!! The reason to be Clan is because_______________________, and ____________________________, oh yeah and don't forget __________________________ because the Omni mine slave traders_______________ to win our freedom and___________________, and you can hunt those Cyborg in Avalon.

ATM, there is no reason at all to be Clan what so ever. We get 50% less credits for our loot (45% actually), we pay more at the shops, we still get "Omni only" armor and weapons as Clan mission rewards, and we have no hunting/spawn areas for teams of level 35+.

So give me a reason why not to switch . Hell, give a new undecided player a reason to start out as Clan.

I have not played Omni characters for months now. I started out Omni way back when, and met a friend that was established , and a Clanner, so I switched over. I'm trying to stay with one faction, but the hunting is so bad as a Clanner I'm about ready to scream.
    Last edited by Kwangju; May 23rd, 2002 at 16:01:54.

Because

In Star Wars the Rebel Alliance wins, and they are most like the clans?

um, Clan rhymes with Slann, a really kewl Warhammer Race

Aren't they a popular rap group?

that's all i got.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

What IS the deal with getting omni armor as loot when you're Clan? That is so annoying. At least give Clan people armor they can wear!

Well I heard Silkex went clan because they have the most sluts

Funcom does need to improve clan a bit

Wahoo look everyone its Mor, funcom latest Jason X

Three Clan Advatages

1. Hunting Areas at high end(while Omni has low end)

2. Much easier to get around the planet as clan(omni only goes to omni, not neutral, while Tir goes to newland which goes to athens, or Bor, Which can go to Avalon, or Street West Bank)

3. Athens IMO is the best desgined City in the Game so say me
    A nice row of shops with the woompas on the OTHER end of the city and the VERY nice hill top desgin which lots of wreaked area's of the city which can be built up on

4. Athens agian West Athens is a nice open place which leads to The Longest Road Static Duegon and Avalon is home ground for some nice hunting plus the home team advatage in the Camolot Castle Static Duegon

5. Tir is a nice newbie friendly city even if it is laggy, look at Trader and Omni-Ent, just as laggy and for so bob unknow reason the newbie area is 5000 miles from anything useful

6. Athens Athens Athens :P

ok I'm done
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

You are so wrong!! The reason to be Clan is because of the frozen yogurt and rubber pants, and purple suppositories, oh yeah and don't forget that you can smell like a sweaty Atrox because the Omni mine slave traders jiggle like jello to win our freedom and rights to sexor Leets, and you can hunt those Cyborg in Avalon.

How's that?

Swerve

Originally posted by Mr Bean
    You would have to be posting from a mental hospital if you *really* believe that. We are like night and day. I been against people posting how their prof sucks when it really don't.

Jason X is very much like you however, given you both want your prof to be even more powerful (yours being trader).

If anything MAs could use a boost more than traders, so he makes more of a point than even you... how sad really.

jason x is clan, so you can follow him round tir shouting "make way for the ma king"
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

escapism. most of us are evil in real life and want to play the good guys in a game.

2. Much easier to get around the planet as clan(omni only goes to omni, not neutral, while Tir goes to newland which goes to athens, or Bor, Which can go to Avalon, or Street West Bank)
    Put *down* the Crack pipe and step away from the bullsh!t...

Would you mind telling us exactly what 'high end' hunting grounds are specific to Clan zones? Perhaps Avalon out by the Omni bases, but besides that the only other high level clan spot was Mort until it was nerfed into a ganker's paradise.

There no high level hunting spots in Clan lands, hell I'd go so far as to say there are no mid-level hunting spots in Clan lands as well except maybe a handful of near-permacamped spots.

I think that's why hes called Mr bean

Because Clan kicks Omni ass everyday.
    NT phone HOME!!

Actually trough mort there are more then just one cyborg " base ". With the latest guild event I accidently ran into one,hunting in mort is doable, just stay away from the factory ^^
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

One advantage to being clan is so you can kill the Omni Title Ganking Zoners in 1 v 1 duels in Mort and EFP.
    RETIRED

Clan "woes"

Three Clan Advatages

3. Athens IMO is the best desgined City in the Game so say me
    A nice row of shops with the woompas on the OTHER end of the city and the VERY nice hill top desgin which lots of wreaked area's of the city which can be built up on

4. Athens agian West Athens is a nice open place which leads to The Longest Road Static Duegon and Avalon is home ground for some nice hunting plus the home team advatage in the Camolot Castle Static Duegon

5. Tir is a nice newbie friendly city even if it is laggy, look at Trader and Omni-Ent, just as laggy and for so bob unknow reason the newbie area is 5000 miles from anything useful

6. Athens Athens Athens :P

ok I'm done

1. Mort is dead dude.... Unless I am ignorant of these other "mystical" places Broken Shores is the only place to be after 100.

2. Much easier to get around the planet as clan? If you go into your skills by pressing "u" and click on "trade&repair" you will see something called "comp lit"...... It can be used to access something called the "grid".

3. Just because athens looks nice does not mean our poor lvl 50 clanners can hunt the probes that drift through it to level.

4. The logest road static dungeon is omni..... yet another omni outpost in clan territory.

5. Newbie friendly? I am 146 and I still don' t know how to find my way around there.

6. Originally clans were supposed to have an advantage..... sigh.... maybe in 14.6 when every class carries a shotgun, no-one has heals, and agents get reclassified as "errors"

LOL thats so damn funny. Wanna know the reason clans are linked with neuts?? because there are so damn many omni places and few clan ones. Omni ent has as many whompas as ALL clan areas combined.

And omni trade is laid out better then any clan city. No clanner knows there way around Tir. We just know how to get to the arena and grid from fair trade. And even then 1/2 the high levels couldn't walk there because they always take there yalms over the damn annoying buildings and moats.

As for athens its so well laid out i've been playing almost 6 months and found out 2 weeks ago that there was a whompa to BS hidden in it.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; May 21st, 2002 at 03:18:39.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Why be Clan? Um, because newbies just flip a coin?

I chose Omni because Omni-Tek counds a hell of a lot cooler than "Clan."

Clan-only items like the Khaeler Uniform sleeves :P

Omni-only armour isn't a big issue really. Flowers is the best armour. Elite's lack of Chemical protection is a major weakness, though it does look rather cool
    Dest

To be a Freedom Fighter? To Play a Role? Call me strange but this is a roleplayin ggame after all

Why do's everything have to have an advantage before people will do it? If that was the mentality there would be no clans as no one would have rebeled against omni-tek in the first place.

Also I dont believe that the omni get 50% more for goods sold, having played both, and recently left omni-tek for the clans I am not noticing any major difference in my earning potential (taking into account I am a slightly higher level now )

And a clan advantage for my level range (around 60) is a good mission area in newland, right near the grid at MMD.

anyway, hugs to all

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast