Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New dungeon?

New dungeon?

"14th - Upcoming update
    The Anarchy Online dev team are currently working on the 15.5.4 update, scheduled for the live servers in early June. We aim to have it on the test server next week.

This update will of course include a few tweaks and corrections. However, the main focus is adding something extra for the high-level players to enjoy, on Rubi-Ka. Seems Omni-Med didn't properly clean up when they left some of their old installations.

Thomas Cz Johnsen - Community Manager"

I smell high level dungeon?
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I'd rather smelled fixes we all are crying for more than a year... Why on Earth they don't fix stuff before adding new content?
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

from the "Seems Omni-Med didn't properly clean up when they left some of their old installations." I can imagine a dungeon with some kind or failure experiments, mutants, cyborgs for exemple, I think it will be cool

Originally posted by Octopuss
    I'd rather smelled fixes we all are crying for more than a year... Why on Earth they don't fix stuff before adding new content?
    Well actually, high level content is something most have wanted since forever. Besides getting SK/faction or such I mean. Another dungeon cant hurt.

Tho I do agree that Id rather have a big patch containing alot of fixes (including traders thihi) instead of a dungeon at this point.

Maby there are some trader-fixes in the new dungeon?

(if its a new dungeon at all, just speculation at this point)
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I dont get why a new dungeon would be created... We got shedloads of good stuff in inferno...
    All i would like to do, is to get SK on RK... however i have a feeling that wont happen...
    Prepare for Battle!!!I... I see.... Aliens....
    Mrevil By Mr. Fli
    Mrevil My stuff
    Exxon
    And a few other alts...
    People dont kill peoples in Rubi-ka, Lag does!

I suspect that the people designing game content are different from those who code and hunt down bugs. They can't keep the artists and designers twiddling their thumbs while problems are fixed, hence the new content.

But I agree, it would be nice to see more bugs fixed, or less buggy content.

Bah just be happy, it sounds cool to me
    Sarahrah 206 Doc setup
    Sarahrahh 208 MA
    Moscone 200 Fixer Original tradeskill gimp
    Bigmaul 178 Enf
    Sarahlah 166 Sol
    Synnopt 149 Adv

Originally posted by Suliyar

I suspect that the people designing game content are different from those who code and hunt down bugs. They can't keep the artists and designers twiddling their thumbs while problems are fixed, hence the new content.

yeah sounds logical
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Originally posted by Mrevil
    I dont get why a new dungeon would be created... We got shedloads of good stuff in inferno...
    All i would like to do, is to get SK on RK... however i have a feeling that wont happen...
    Because "high level" doesn't have to mean 200+, and not everyone has Shadowlands. Even among the high level 200+ people, not everyone can stomach the "camping camping camping camping" to get inferno access.

I know that me, personally, will take forever to get past Penumbra as long as I have to "farm" 36 fragments of the source in an area where green mobs will eat me alive if I get more than one add. WTF ever happened to the fact that "mobs will kill you here, no questions asked" being the determining factor on where you can go? If the camping and quests are supposed to slow down powerlevelers someone needs to tell the Shades and Keepers they shouldn't be higher than level 200 yet.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

This sounds very promising More high level content is always welcome.

For those of you rolling your eyes at the high level content because it isn't something you can attempt or won't really enjoy for whatever reason, that's exactly how some of the high level people felt about Crypt of Home being introduced in the last patch.

Every type of player deserves new content. Take turns and be patient

Re: New dungeon?

Originally posted by Wrangeline
    "14th - Upcoming update
    The Anarchy Online dev team are currently working on the 15.5.4 update, scheduled for the live servers in early June. We aim to have it on the test server next week.

This update will of course include a few tweaks and corrections. However, the main focus is adding something extra for the high-level players to enjoy, on Rubi-Ka. Seems Omni-Med didn't properly clean up when they left some of their old installations.

Thomas Cz Johnsen - Community Manager"

I smell high level dungeon?
    Vevy vevy curious at what it is. =P
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

repost of a post I made on Trader forum some days ago...

Hmf.. I remember.. 3-4 weeks ago.. (maybe.. prolly longer ago..)
    Dev/GM Znore came into Omni leader chat on rk2.. Asking how we were and etc..

And asking for input..

So i said one idea ive been thinking about a while..

What about an underground alien base/installation.. Kinda like foremans/smuglers den.. to prepare us for AI.. Aim it at highlevels.. but maybe several levels down into the ground to have some stuff for lower levels as well...

What does it say on ao page now?

And it's targetted to hit live some time in June..

Now i wonder if this is coming from my idea... And if so.. If Znore liked my ideas.... A dungeon like this needs a/several boss(es)
    I mentioned our idea again.. About a Trader unique/boss.. Dropping trader lewt for high levels...

Well.. one can only hope I mentioned the idea of one of this trader uniques could be the ql 200 ithaca. or part to make it.. kinda like soldiers old rk hellfury/spinner.. and so on.. and mentioned briefly ideas i had there for other trader lewt...

*keeps his fingers crossed..*
    Banishedsoul 220 Trader on RK2 - [eqp] Proud General of Disciples of Omni-Tek
    Thordek 60 Soldier on RK2 - Twink in Training Visit us at www.disciplesot.org
    Naull 100 Doctor on RK2 - Going for 125 for CH whoring. After that who knows..
    My type is a SAE
    Socializer 86% / Achiever 46% / Explorer 46% / Killer 20%

Znore was kinda talkative on testlive recently... though he's also a huge tease... so take this as you will...

He implied it was some sort of outdoor camp on RK, with elements of mercs and HI but twists of its own, and that an underused MOB type was involved... and ph4t loot of course

Dungeons are big efforts which is why we don't see them that often... so I'd not be expecting another just yet (though a high level dungeon would be cool...)

Oh, and high level in FC-speak, on RK at least, means TL5+

We'll no doubt find out soon enough
    Last edited by Darkbane; May 19th, 2004 at 07:26:57.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Seems that now is a good time to be a doctor. Omni-Med camp = BM/MM stuff...I hope.

FC will add new content to the game because its much easier to add new stuff than finding the bugs wich may lay deep down in the program code and are not that easy to solve w/o much work to be done. Adding new stuff only means to add data not to repair or change it

Originally posted by Suliyar

A great deal of what's wrong with the game is not "bugs" in the code but just things that were done wrong at the design stage, so this doesn't really answer the complaint. A great many problems appear to be things that are just errors made by the person who typed things into the item database. An example would be an item with a social armor tag on it which makes it useless for it's intended purpose. Balance issues are a big part of what's wrong as well. So if the designers weren't busy creating new content it seems logical they could be busy fixing things wrong with the design of the existing content instead.

If you polled the players and asked them what they most wanted development resources to be allocated towards I bet another loot camp would be pretty far down the list. Why can't they address the things the people who play the game actually most want?

Level designers don't hunt bugs in the code. They might hunt geometry bugs, but that's about it.

People actually have different job descriptions, strange as it might sound.
    Add a "/team loot chests alpha" option!

Originally posted by Darkbane
    He implied it was some sort of outdoor camp on RK, with elements of mercs and HI but twists of its own, and that an underused MOB type was involved... and ph4t loot of course
    Sounds nice, I hope it will be challenging and will introduce some new mechanic/mob AI. WTB fun!

Originally posted by Darkbane

Oh, and high level in FC-speak, on RK at least, means TL5+
    I suspected it was something like that, especially seeing it was on RK. I'd really like FC to introduce some *fun* thing to do at TL7 for everyday gaming, some alternative way to sk for some time at last, as a relief from hecklers...

Anyway, as long as it's fun, it's good, screw SKs.
    Dave "Endless" Lenren - Surprise! You're dead - RK3 Shade -
    aka Russel "Rushe" Lenren

Proud member of Enlivenment of Nyaya

We may need you to play twing-twang (NSFW)

Maby its a 25% zone with phat lewt?

Omg the chaos!

Cant wait until Jayde updates the DB so I can see if there are any trader-stuff in there. Its like 1 year betwean each trader-related item that makes it into the game
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Originally posted by Agamundos
    Seems that now is a good time to be a doctor. Omni-Med camp = BM/MM stuff...I hope.
    When do NTS get a science lab complex to crash for MC gear?!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast