Thread: Omni-Tek Employees Prefers Newland Hill To Omni-1

Omni-Tek Employees Prefers Newland Hill To Omni-1

Omni-Tek Employees Prefers Newland Hill To Omni-1
    Gaillegro

Newland -- (OTPC) -- Some Omni-Tek employees are leaving the safety of Omni-1 to find new jobs with better pay and easier traveling in Newland. Though fame and fortune are some of the benefits that lure the employees away, they also criticize Omni-Tek for not offering them attractive working conditions in their own cities.

Arrival at the Hill in Newland was a pleasant experience. The moment the dizziness from traveling through the Grid began to diminish, I noticed a large crowd standing around the hill by the Grid Terminal, a crowd which extended down to the Bronto Burger adjacent Newland Lake. Shouts requesting the services of doctors, enforcers, and traders filled the air, and I came to understand why Rome Blue felt empty that morning.

Newland City has always been a popular spot for socialization and transaction, both for Clan members and Omni-Tek employees, and today it seemed that Omni-Tek insignias dominated the area. Omni-Tek employees have always looked to other cities when jobs in Omni-1 started to pay less and the missions took place at more and more remote locations. When asked for the reasons why these employees sought work at Newland Hill, instead of in their own beautiful Omni-Tek cities, they confirmed this hypothesis.

What surprised me was a comment made by Dashek: "It's better to look at trees and green ground than some boring grey wall".

This comment seemed to loosen the tongues of the other employees who had amassed. Apparently, most of the crowd ventured to Newland Hill because they thought the architecture of Omni-Tek cities is simply too dull and depressing, while the cities' streets housed far too many beggars. Citizens I spoke to at the Rome Blue Basic store confirmed this. "Check out this grey architecture, it makes me feel sad in some way," said Remiks. Another citizen, Mocha "Omutb" Mocha added his thoughts as well, "I think it's the local beggar population that drives them away."

Jonathan "Jono79" grabbed the microphone, "Miss Cortez," he started, "what this city needs is a bitchin’ club to have parties in!". It seemed entertainment was an issue a lot of the others had in their opinions and the President of No Drama Zone, Doer "Moscatinka" was one of those that made the most daring comments regarding how Omni-Tek employees entertained themselves, "Illegal games are only organized because there isn't proper entertainment here, if they want to stop them Ross should spend some money on his employees instead of giving it all to Newland."

The criticism against Phillip Ross was shocking.

Moscatinka continued, "I know it was Ross's personal funds, and he can do with them what he pleases. I'm not saying he isn't in his right, I'm just concerned about the message he's sending out to the Omni-Tek employees - that Ross's interests are not where they should be. Ross should be more focused on what’s going on in his own backyard. Seems to me he could at least spend some of his fortune on keeping his workers happy."

Omni-Tek citizens seem to feel that their own homes are being neglected by their employer and thus seek new cities in which to build their future. Critique on the layout and lack of entertainment in Rome seems to be one of the main reasons why many emigrate. Citizens also seem to desire more spending on entertainment closer to the frequented parts of Omni-1.

To quote Omutb, "A happy employee is a loyal employee!"

I applaud my fellow employees in feeling comfortable and confident enough to settle in other cities, especially in light of the terrorist threats and inane comments from clanners such as Medjai. Omni-Tek employees have the right to travel this planet freely, and it's good to see employees use this right to their full advantage.

However, it may seem to me by reading this report that a few employees are getting a little too comfortable. Perhaps a little lazy and fat? Last time I looked, Rome was connected to Omni-1 by both a Grid and Whompa network - only one trip to get between the both of them. The bright lights and thumping music of the Omni-1 Entertainment District is merely 1 minute away, and the choice of activities there surpasses any other place on Rubi-Ka. Is perhaps the choice too much? I mean, people will run for 20 minutes to try and kill something which only has a small chance of dropping some item, which they can then use if they had it to try and get another thing which may or may not drop off another creature - but they won't travel 1 minute for the entertainment of a lifetime? Paint me red and call me shocked.

Mr. Ross has used his own funds, and the funds of Omni-Tek, to provide employees with a safe and entertaining home for employees to live within. He has provided some of that same security, to a lesser degree, to those neutrals who have a brain in their head and wish to be safe too. He has developed a relationship, showing those not fortunate enough to be an employee a glimpse of what the corporation has to offer.

I am proud. You should be too.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Medjaj let us worry about our towns.... You can start picking up the trash littering Athen.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Naefen
    Medjaj let us worry about our towns.... You can start picking up the trash littering Athen.
    And if the Clanners do a good enough job cleaning up Omni-2, maybe we will give them jobs cleaning the streets once we take back our city! I mean, come on, they slaughtered our people over a century ago to get that town. The LEAST they could have done in one hundred years is fix what they destroyed!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

I've got one thing to say:

Fixerben laughs his ass off!!

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Cosmikal
    However, it may seem to me by reading this report that a few employees are getting a little too comfortable. Perhaps a little lazy and fat? Last time I looked, Rome was connected to Omni-1 by both a Grid and Whompa network - only one trip to get between the both of them. The bright lights and thumping music of the Omni-1 Entertainment District is merely 1 minute away, and the choice of activities there surpasses any other place on Rubi-Ka. Is perhaps the choice too much? I mean, people will run for 20 minutes to try and kill something which only has a small chance of dropping some item, which they can then use if they had it to try and get another thing which may or may not drop off another creature - but they won't travel 1 minute for the entertainment of a lifetime? Paint me red and call me shocked.
    I don't believe the entertainment issue is about laziness, really. It's about the simple fact that when people want to have fun and take a break from all the fighting, that's what they want to do: take a break from all the fighting. They want to leave politics behind and just be regular people. This is true across faction lines, comments about destroying Omni-1 notwithstanding. Put a few drinks in a person and take them away from the politicking of their respective faction, and they become vastly more reasonable and agreeable. This is significant to Omni-Ent's business because Omni-Ent simply cannot effectively cater to the clan clientele. Sure, it's possible for clanners to make it to Baboons or Rompa, but it's a pain in the ass and we're often made to feel quite unwelcome. On the other hand, clubs like Neuters or Reets are located in neutral territory and easily accessible to members of all factions. Even The Cup sees a bit of Omni business here and there, being at least relatively accessible (though only sometimes welcoming, for a variety of reasons).

The point being, the only way for a social or entertainment establishment on Rubi-Ka to truly be competitive with neutral establishments is for them to welcome peaceful and fun-loving members of all factions to come enjoy themselves, meet new people, and most importantly spend money.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

One or two unhappy citisens doesnt make a city "ugly". Everybodys taste cant be followed. I think the majority of Omnis are satisfied with our towns but leave for places like Newland Hill for the relaxing and the possibility to trade with all factions.

Personally, I love the clean, dark and "heavy" looks of Rome and Ent.

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Courage? What courage? You dont need courage to make a statement when your a Omni employe. Thats where you misinterpret what Omni Tek are. You guys think we are mind controlled drones running our "evil" masters errands. That is just so narrow.
    There were people telling that they didnt like the look of our biggest cities. But what about all the ones who do like em?
    You cant possibly say there are no Clanners who doesnt like the look of Tir can you? Seriously, arent there anything you could improve in your cities?

I hope those "rude" comments you were talking about werent ment for me.......

I say lets make Rome and Omni Ent more jaw-dropping. More massive. Let our architecture be an image to the powerful corporation we are.
    And at the same time lets see some litter-pickers swarming the fields of Athen

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Omni Tek does not opress their employees. If the digging and talking is performed legally there are no opressing.
    If were still talking about the actual subject of this particular case I believe a 100% no one will recieve a warning or be opressed for saying what they think about the looks of our towns.......
    It is not OT`s policy to opress her own people. It is Omni Tek`s policy to look after her own people. Opressing clanners or neutral thieves and terrorists who dig and ask questions witch answers can be dangerous for the Corp......... Now THATS something entirely different.

((00c:The rude comment part I may have misunderstood. So I take back my comment on that.))

Why dont you visit Tir? Take it from me, its quite pleasant there.... If you stay clear of those grumpy guards that is

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats

Red face I like the cities!

I like Omni-Towns, just miss more bars in Rome. Always nice with a bar after a hard day of work. To chat some have a Sake after a mission.

And beggars should not be allowed to enter the cities, if you want green there is Parks in the city.

Well build a combined shoppingmall, and bars and restaurantes inside the city, and I will certanly hang there.

Anyone who does not like to spend quality times in Omni-Tek designed cities has not been educated in the design and layout of architecture. The cities of Omni-1 and Rome all have roots in gothic, Frank Lloyd Wright, and Roman architecture.

Perhaps one could view it as 'an acquired taste' but if more Omni spent their time there, the 'dull grey cities' would not seem as dull with life within it.
    Meldaeyn
    220 Omni Meta-Physicist on Rimor
    As long as the enemies of the corporation still draw breath, there can be no peace.

so I hear that Omni's are going back to Newland thats nice to know.... well maybe it might be safe to start going back to Tir :-)
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Personally, I enjoy Omni-Ent, my favorite city to test equipment, hang out or just grab some alcohol. I don't however, enjoy going to Newland everytime I need help with a few nanoprograms, but for some reason everyone seems to love the place. If you ask me NL is one of the worst places to hang out, the second I jump out of the grid I'm ambushed by beggars, is this enjoyable to people? Also, you can find Clanners running around firing upon OT employees, so while you're looking at green grass and trees, your fellow employees are being shot at.

I'm not bashing on anyone's opinion of the city or whether or not it's their right to hang out there, I just wish there were more action in towns were Omnis belong. At least I feel that's where I belong.

(OOC: I'm on Rimor, So hanging out in OT cities can be very lonely, we should be more like Atlantean and hang out by the Bronto burger in Ent!)
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

I don't think the begging idea will change. Where ever there's a large number of people, there's a large number of beggers, that's life. Although I do agree that NL isn't a very safe place to enjoy, the guards care nothing for the safey of the people, they don't even seem to defend their own neutrals.

Omni-1 Entertainment is a very nice place to hang out, and at the Bronto burger there are the three essenials to life on Rubi-Ka, a Bank, a grid point, and whoompahs. Plus, the guards are there to ward off possible attackers and help out in case some wayward clanner were to try something.
    Natalya "Crackshot" Kotov - TL5+

John "Fixxo" Smith -- lvl 135
    -Blitzing Expert and Omni Defector

"AO Twilightzone... you have entered a dimention beyond thought and reason, beyond OMG and lewt...
    you have entered... the bad RP zone..." -Falikos

"funcom allows nipples...but they rename my crats bot from B(o)(o)BS to default1 *shakes fist at funcom*"
    -Ubermayze
    "you look like some sort of perverted superhero" -Ubermayze

I know many Omni Tek organisations have "specific" meeting places. Maybe we should all set our meeting place to one place. Thus, we would be sure there were always one place people came by once in a while.
    The fact that Newland is so popular can be explained by that it has been a political "hotspot" lately. Now that its not anymore maybe the time is right to gather in Omni Ent again.

((00c: also Rimor Omni here. Its beautiful in Newland but just as nice in Omni Ent. And we kinda belong more there. I for one will start swing by Omni Ent from this moment on. See ya there I hope.))

Commissioner of the RKDC

William Butler Yeats