Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First encounter with 220 Pet

First encounter with 220 Pet

Well, stats and screenies will be posted later on. Simple reason for this is that i'm a bit pissed about some bug with it. I was just in pvp to test it with an enf. After he stopped fighting, my 220 chicken became a real chicken and just "dissapeared" in to thin air.

Petition time (again)

Think about this when u wanna hit 220 for the pet..

[ARKling]: Hello Nightmecha! This is Advisor ARKling from ARK and I would like to speak
    with you concerning the petition we received.
    Are you in a safe place to do this?

To [ARKling]: yes

Nightmecha: i casted 2 pets, the 220 and the 219 dog... in 20 min the dog dissapears....
    so i casted this 215... now my 220 is gone...? nah this is BULL****
    ARKling: I understand
    ARKling: but did you zone or die?
    Nightmecha: i didnt die... i zoned from ado to WW from WW to oa to here..
    always tabbing the /pet follow button... even got it in to fight here
    ARKling: The only thing that I can do is get the info ( where)(what zone ect, pet info and report it
    Nightmecha: well, i would like some answers and solutions...
    not a new AI expension without even a working SL expoansion
    ARKling: I understand, Presently this is a HOT problem and FC is working on it
    Nightmecha: ETA of solution?
    Nightmecha: next year?
    ARKling: I do not have that info
    Nightmecha: well ask ur chief...
    Nimric: mps got same problem with new healpet, terminates eveytime we zone ;/
    ARKling: yes I know I have 2 MP toons
    Nightmecha: yes, but mp's can self cast... so not that a biggy..
    ARKling: the SL pets disappear alot when zoning
    Nightmecha: i didnt reach 220 to use a 215 pet m8.... i want my 220
    Nightmecha: or get a trader with 144 umbrall and temple tubes so i can cast the damn thing
    ARKling: I know that the MP's being able to self cast a 200 pet at level 130 is nice..
    but that is the due to the buffs
    Nightmecha: selfbuffs... which i dont have ..
    ARKling: but then again w/the 4 hr CI buffs..you should have no real problem of casting
    Nightmecha: say what?
    Nightmecha: ok...
    Nightmecha: ill let u know in a secret
    ARKling: MP's CI = 4 hrrs
    ARKling: what is the correct name for your 220 pet
    Nightmecha: u do the math: got 1800 TS with comp mochies... 144 wrangle..
    and 12 items to replace then i have 2042 TS i need 2041..
    Nightmecha: Widowmaker Battle Drone
    ARKling: thank you
    Nightmecha: and the dog is Militar-Grade Marauder M-45
    Nightmecha: look, i dont mind its hard to cast, but it should stick with me till i log ( which i almost never do)
    ARKling: Yes I agree
    ARKling: ok, I ahve all the info I need, what i will do is email my comments and your petition to bugs, feedback
    Nightmecha: not realy what i want to hear...:/
    ARKling: maybe if more PPL can give the correct info,
    this may help in the process of fixing the problem
    Nightmecha: i did that already..
    Nightmecha: hm, every engie has the problem and FC director knows about the problem, its all over the damn forum
    Nightmecha: its about time to get it fixed
    ARKling: yes I seen this when I researched your information before I came to talk to you
    Nightmecha: what use is an expansion without working pets?
    ARKling: This pretty much the same when SL hit, MP pets were either gone or running all over SL
    Nightmecha: yes... is it fixed? a little bit.. pets dont follow how they supposed to be..
    ARKling: I got wasted many times, due to my heal pet wondering off
    Nightmecha: and its now 9months after sl hit AO
    ARKling: still they don't follow correctly
    ARKling: This is true
    Nightmecha: so, any word from ur chief about eta's?
    ARKling: No there won't be anything until I finish reporting this
    and the find out why it is happening and patch it
    ARKling: actually we (ARKS) are usually the last ones to know about when patches are released
    ARKling: Players usually see it on the launcher
    Nightmecha: hm, what did they do with all the other reports then?
    ARKling: the new chat system for instance
    ARKling: we (arks) only had info a day ahead
    Nightmecha: yes... we realy needed a new chat sytem....
    ARKling: actually it wason test server..but who has all the time to get on test server
    Nightmecha: they fix the things which arent broken.... in the time they made this chat,
    they could have fixed all bugs
    ARKling: I agree
    ARKling: like the old mission key bug
    Nightmecha: hm, ill post this on forum, maybe marius can see it for himself
    ARKling: been here forever

and then he just rounded the conversation with arks famous words: Can i help u with something els?

Its nice to be an engi and ill never quit but this realy hurts the proffession!
    Just uber?? :P

Never grow up!

Proud user of Big Guns that Go BOOOOM!!!!!

First Engie 220 Supreme CreatorZ on Rimor

dude, there is no point in being a dick to the ARK, might as well get pissed at the gas station attendent for high gas prices, it has the same result.
    205 Nano engie RK1

Im not being a dick to the ark, i didnt blaim him.. i just was pissed and wanted to make things clear to him.. I know arks cant do anything, but where else can u go?

Never grow up!

exactly the problem everyone wrote down here for months now . after begging for all buffs the pet goes *poof* so wheres the point in those stupid high reqs ?

and btw. arks know it and are used to that.of course not nice to flame them but they know if they volunteer as scapegoat for someone theyll get flamed (i did this for ea/osi few years ago and its just great to come to a player after he lost his tower worth 500-1k$ because of a server hickup).

I'll say it.

Even if your pissed you shouldnt take it out on the ARK who has no REAL power other than to call a GM who does the work. By taking it out on him I mean the ridicule over buff begging for engineers and telling the ark 'its all over the damn forums' well..the whole thing could have been handled in a way like your talking to your friend vs actually talking to funcom...which you were not.

I feel sorry for ARK's. I'm pretty sure they get 75% or more of the people acting badly towards them.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Angry

Poster...status... ********!

Hmm.. quite controversial. This must have really annoyed you I can tell.

I've talked to you a few times around RK Night and I know you are a nice guy, so it's obvious you were in a pretty bad mood ( and who wouldn't be?) so don't worry too much about the ARK thing. I'm sure he understood.

As for the whole pet thing... I get the feeling that engies aren't seen as having a big problem, because when thing are actually working, we are AWESOME damage dealers. Shame they rarely work.
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

well halouk, the ark said it was an HOT item on the to do list, so i think we can just hope for the better.

And for record, its not the whole conversation, just the main part.
    In the end ihad a nice chat with the ark and my "moodswing" was gone... he didnt take it personal at all imo.

Never grow up!

heh, the only HOT item on FC's mind is problem the next bug expansion.

NOT only is our pet hard to cast. It's not as good as MP's. plus why is only engi need to find buff, What makes it so Special that MP has the best pet in game and don't need to look for buff? For God Sake they have Nukes too.

FC is basically ignoring every problem and going all out at the next expension. Well... if I don't see any improvements before the next expension. then I am going to Coh, LineageII or WoW. that's the end of it. I didn't pay to practice my begging techniques.
    The path to 220 engi is filled with countless begging...

just because I am a long time customer doesn't mean I am a a customer that will not switch products. I am getting more and more impatient everyday when I log, I have to find a MP and beg for buffs. and then the pet is lost... so I have to beg again. Not to mention the times the pet pathing did me in.

Yes, maybe the next game I play is not much different. But at least I don't have to beg for buff everyday, and all the buffing gets me is some second class pets that will not listem to my command and go wild and agro every pet in the vicinty.

re

It'd be easy to fix current eng gripes. Remove req on shell to 75% of nano skill req. (I.e 874 to cast nano, 690~ to activate shell)

Let us summon a bag of the damn things while buffed and keep them after logging ect.

Originally posted by Phatpanda
    heh, the only HOT item on FC's mind is problem the next bug expansion.

NOT only is our pet hard to cast. It's not as good as MP's. plus why is only engi need to find buff, What makes it so Special that MP has the best pet in game and don't need to look for buff? For God Sake they have Nukes too.

FC is basically ignoring every problem and going all out at the next expension. Well... if I don't see any improvements before the next expension. then I am going to Coh, LineageII or WoW. that's the end of it. I didn't pay to practice my begging techniques.
    We may be mad about this, but no amount of bitching to here in this forum will make any difference.. If you want to threaten switch to a game that is much more repetetive, boring, and buggy, (SWG, Horizons, omg don't even get me started) then go ahead and do so, cause all this profession whining is getting annoying.
    As far as the ARK goes, I've worked for a company that didn't give a damn about it's customers, and know what it's like to be yelled at all day for somthing I have no control over, and am totally unable to fix. Simply being rude to an ARK will get you nowhere, and demean yourself in the process..

SO, just cross your damn fingers, hope the bugs get fixed sooner than later and have fun for the love of god!
    MrNord - You must be some sort of a virus

Charfbiz2 - Yeah.. I am spreading now.. I wonder what will be the next sig I am in.

I understand your point of view Meranni, but you don't seem to be seeing things from the perspective of a high level engineer. For Nightmecha to cast his even lvl bot, he must get, mochies, a 144 wrangle, comp abilities, comp nano, Temple tubes, Necromancer cloak, full saboteur armor, buffing pistols and a couple other MC/TS/INT buffing items on as well.

Now, all those things added together just to cast a pet his same level make for a MAJOR headache. Understand that's what he must do every time he logs in just to play with the tools that are equal to him.

Now think about doing all that work and then seeing the bot simply go POOF like it was never there...

Then maybe you can understand the reason he gets so upset a little better.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Yeah, I will not be buying AI till they fix pets/pathing, why pay them for frustration. This is supposed to be a FUN game not stressful and making me beg for buffs to get out my weapon is just too much for me. I will probably just let account runn out and not renew it ... Not worth it.

Pets getting stuck in Attack mode even after mob is dead started the path that made the pets spam us w/ out of range/ stopping attack /returning to you spam. I am tired of spamming /pet behind 6 times on every mob and hopeing it will follow.

SL pets are level locked. Spec 4 also. Why slap us with such high requirements?
    5k AC buff I will never cast w/ mochams + 150 Umbral even at lvl 220. I will still be 100+ points short w/ a LOT of buffing items on. again, not worth the hassle.
    Isochronal Sloughing Assault Shield - 7 special block / 30 seconds is Bugged. its not a 30 second tick. its 3 second tick. so a 2 H buff lasts 12 minutes or so.
    Isochronal Sloughing Combat Field - Team 5 special blocker is not to be found; anywhere ...
    FFS's, PSD's are so rare. why? I spent 2 weeks of my usual time camping for FFS's for 0 in return. How is this Fun?

my 2 cents for today.
    Co-founder/Retired Board Member of The Renaissance
    220/19 Engineer 220/22 Adventurer

Think then act shall henceforth be my motto. - Thomboy

Meranni, it's not like we have not complain nicely. We did, and for a very long time too. Seems like we are at the bottom of the concern list. If u think AO is the greatest game in whole world, by all means stick with it and do not complain unconditionally. If your profession is engi, I hope you have fun with the begging, just don't enjoy it so much u made it ur real life profession. jking

Look, I don't like bitching neither, but what else am I gonna do? FC has not given us any real reply at the topic of our concern list. Well as eng profession, I think I am save say that FC does not care too much for us. Now, we can't even letting off our steams by bitching in the forums? Come on.

More repetitive, boring, and buggy??? heh, the way I am looking, I don't know how can be more repetitive and boring than shooting rocks for 7 hrs in order to gain 1 lv. Maybe u can gimme an example. As which aspect of SWG, and Horizon is more boring that standing at 1 position and shooting rocks. (well, at inferno, u don't even need to move actually.) How long have u play those 2 games?

Edit: I know AO is a very good game. But being a very good game does not give the rights to ignore it's customers, even if it's the minority customers. Funcom is pretty notorious about this. Like nightmeca points out, the EQ styled chat screen instead of fixing bugs and concerns for engineer and trader profession. The spend time to creat new items weapones for doc, ma, enf and solider, but not getting the mission nanos for us, or the buggy nano for trader.

Plus, I am not demanding that FC fix the bugs right at this moment. I just want to know if they view it as a bug and will fix it. Also the schedule or time table on fixing the bug. That something I can look forward to.

AO is a fun game and if FC can at least show some sort of concern on engineer profession, (Sorry, I am the kind of guy that finish something I started, so I won't change profession until I get my engi to 220) and the will to fix the problem. I'd stick to AO over other games. After all, all my time effort, and friends are here. But for quite a long time we are getting only a cold shoulder. (along with trader) The last official response is from Marius, basically said that he understand our concern, but he did not say it was a bug and FC will intend to fix it. What he did say is that AI is on the table and no promised for the next fix.

I don't know, but I bet when AI comes out, it will have it's own share of bugss. and it's going to take another year to fix it. Well that means we won't have a good chance to see our bugs and concern fixed for at least 2 yrs. That is kinda long don't you think?
    Last edited by phatpanda; May 7th, 2004 at 17:27:53.

Talking

Your 2 cents worth?!
    .... do you want some change back?

I have no idea what that means, it just sounded good when I wrote it.

Originally posted by Phatpanda
    Well as eng profession, I think I am save say that FC does not care too much for us. Now, we can't even letting off our steams by bitching in the forums? Come on.

More repetitive, boring, and buggy??? heh, the way I am looking, I don't know how can be more repetitive and boring than shooting rocks for 7 hrs in order to gain 1 lv. Maybe u can gimme an example. As which aspect of SWG, and Horizon is more boring that standing at 1 position and shooting rocks. (well, at inferno, u don't even need to move actually.) How long have u play those 2 games?
    I do understand that the reqs on the nanos are insane/unobtainable but that can be justified if they do enough damage. Now I won't claim to have a high level engy (mines 80 atm) but I know that Engineers can dish out some Major damage in a short amount of time, more than any other profession in fact. The real problem at hand is just the zoning bot problem and them dissapearing.. that has to be fixed.

I don't claim to be an AO fanboy, but honestly to answer your question, I played SWG for 6 months and Horizons since the day it came out (which was a rockier launch than AO's IMHO). SWG has some good concepts, however in the end it has a total and utter lack of content, and all of the people that I talk to that have left, did so because they were simply bored. As far as horizons goes, I had a L55 Adventurer L45 crafting Dragon, and while the game posed some novilty at first, it got tiresome quickly too. The main reason I don't play Horizons much though, is because it does'nt have the sense of community that AO does. I could never find a team to group with either... I believe this to be partly because they spread the players too thin over like.. 10 or 12 servers, that's just silly!

Anyways, I can understand your gripes, and the forum is the only real outlet you have. FC doesn't really have that many employees that work on maintence code and bugs, I guess I just don't want to see people jump on the "Lets Bash FC cause they didn't do what *I* wanted" bandwagon.
    MrNord - You must be some sort of a virus

Charfbiz2 - Yeah.. I am spreading now.. I wonder what will be the next sig I am in.

Engineers don't really dish out a lot of damage in a hurry. We are more like the Uber DoT on the mobs. Fairly consistently mid-high damage per shot at a constant rate with almost no misses. We will OD many profs, but not all by any means.

As a level 80 engi, you really haven't experienced much in the way of buff begging yet. In fact, it's not bad at your level at all TBH. It's not really that huge of an issue until the shadowlevels for my money. Went through it while lower, didn't bother me too much. Today I find it obnoxious that I must get an MP and a trader to use my bot when I'm 1 lvl higher than the highest I can use...
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Well, FC don't have many programmers fixing the current bugs. But they do have a TON of programmers deveoping the new booster pack. I don't know... that don't seem to be a very nice business practice... specially when there are still major bugs in game.

Let me point a few things out:

First, ARKs do not have control over bugs or game mechanics which are not working properly. What we do have control over is doing our very best to assist our fellow players, at the expense of great time, on a purely volunteer basis. Sometimes things happen beyond our control. That doesn't mean we care any less or choose to not help; if that was the case we would spend our time leveling our play chars and getting them phat loot .
    All we ask is that people realize we are here to try to help them, not work against them. Arguing with an ARK over something they have no control over never helps.

Secondly, I have personally seen this problem on petition. Surely if I am aware of, Funcom is

There's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't want to get this fixed. It's possible that it's an elusive bug, not easy to track down.

While it is frustrating, and I can understand people's desire to vent on the forums, it would probably be much more constructive to email bugs@anarchy-online.com and include as much possible information as you can think of.

For those of you who have already done so, thank you. I'm sure Funcom appreciates it.

I'm going to bed as it's 2:30 AM here. Good luck everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast