Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix The Hunting Areas

Unhappy Fix The Hunting Areas

Please fix the hunting areas and spawn rates around Tir and Athen. We Clanners should not have to fly our Yalmaha to 20k, just to hunt.

Before you party crasher types start crying, we clanners have NO PLACE TO HUNT after level 35. We have to go to 20K or Lush Fields, or well, anywhere in Omni lands.

So, how do I know about 20k? I just found out about it, and if you don't have a Yalmaha...... you aren't going to 20k.

There are so many places to hunt in 20k alone, with 40k xp a pop, for level 80 guys, and it's easy xp for the most part. You can hunt in teams all the way to level 100 as an Omni. As a Clanner you have to do solid missions after level 35.

There are a few lousy hunt locations in GTC, but the spawn rates are too slooooooooooooow, and too few by far.

It's like going to a Clanner friends house to play Frogger, or going to the arcade at the Omni Mall. And that is about the correct comparision. Don't believe me, then check it out yourself.

Even if you returned Clan hunting to the pre 12.7 patch rates and quality, the Omni areas are still 200% better now. Funcom nerfed the clan spawn rates and number of mobs in patch 12.9

Forget all the other crap you guys at FunCom are working on to make things balanced, because there is a gross inbalance in the two factions. An Omni player can level his new guy to level 80 in 10 days, and not even need a kodiak to get around in.

Exclamation AGREE!!!

Hehe, you are pushing my buttons. I just gained 7 levels, with my now level 84 Trader, just hunting one spot in 20k.

But to get to 20k, you have to grid into Omni Trade and go through the whompah to 20k. If you do not have a plane, you will not make it, the Omni guards will kill you on sight.

We clan have NO PLACE that even comes close to this one little OP out in 20k.

I'm clan and remeber the better days of when "The Temple" in GTC was the place to go. After patch 12.9 it SUCKED!!

There is no hunting anywhere near Athen, West Athen, Athen Shire, Aegean, War Torn Valley, Tir, GTC (Greater Tir County), hell there is NO where to hunt as a level 35 clanner in any Clan areas.

Bump this post if you want to have spawn rates and hunting grounds for clan!!!

Unless you enjoy doing solid nothing but missions after level 35.

I never understood why they nerfed the temple. It was the coolest hunting spot, challenging, dangerous, fun, rewarding. It was *The* spot for low lvls. And when I went back there with a twink recently there was nobody hunting it, WTF! Why they destroyed such a sweet spot is beyond me.

You might want to check out the cyborg citadel west of avalon. I *think* it's a decent hunting spot for lvl 70ish groups. I think , I've never actually hunted there. I spent my lvl 70's in 20k during the amnesty, then my 80's and 90's hunting medusa's, now there was a hunting spot. Damn, lets outline where I hunted with my first character, and where I hunted with my twink 2nd character.

Sredni:
    lvl 1-10 crater farm
    lvl 15-20 flea pit
    lvl 20-30 omni outpost in gtc
    lvl 40ish the temple in gtc
    lvl 60-80 20k scattered all over the place. too many spots to mention.
    lvl 80-100 medusa's in efp
    lvl 100-110 (after medusa nerf) borgs in mort.
    lvl 110-140 missions (yuck)

Sherrman:
    lvl 1-72 missions (boy what an improvment, funcom sure has made hunting in ao better in the past 5 months. wheee)

I really don't see the reasoning behind the destruction of outdoor hunting , it's so much more fun then missions.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Originally posted by Sredni
    I never understood why they nerfed the temple. It was the coolest hunting spot, challenging, dangerous, fun, rewarding. It was *The* spot for low lvls. And when I went back there with a twink recently there was nobody hunting it, WTF! Why they destroyed such a sweet spot is beyond me.

You might want to check out the cyborg citadel west of avalon. I *think* it's a decent hunting spot for lvl 70ish groups. I think , I've never actually hunted there. I spent my lvl 70's in 20k during the amnesty, then my 80's and 90's hunting medusa's, now there was a hunting spot. Damn, lets outline where I hunted with my first character, and where I hunted with my twink 2nd character.

Sredni:
    lvl 1-10 crater farm
    lvl 15-20 flea pit
    lvl 20-30 omni outpost in gtc
    lvl 40ish the temple in gtc
    lvl 60-80 20k scattered all over the place. too many spots to mention.
    lvl 80-100 medusa's in efp
    lvl 100-110 (after medusa nerf) borgs in mort.
    lvl 110-140 missions (yuck)

Sherrman:
    lvl 1-72 missions (boy what an improvment, funcom sure has made hunting in ao better in the past 5 months. wheee)

I really don't see the reasoning behind the destruction of outdoor hunting , it's so much more fun then missions.
    Amen Sred. Same thing with my MA. I camped Blaster-Beatle level 60-70, and then went back to missions. W007. The joys.
    ~Chris

Down here in Omni-country, I'm finding the hunting grounds are still intact, but... nobody is there! I went for a tour of my old hunting grounds at what seemed like a busy time and... not a soul. Galway Grid (and surrounding Hammer fields), deserted. Manteze hills... empty. The Cage, empty. Nobody hunting in the Omni Forest at ALL. Nobody at the massive spawns to the south of 4-holes. Or in Clon****... a tragically wasted beautiful zone. It seems the only place people are at now are Lush Fields and 20k, or in missions. A shame
    Dest

bumpage for the sake of hunting.. make it a bit better place for us who actually dont mind that we get less money/items/xp over time, aslong as we are free to roam and be sure to not meet something that is either grey or will insta kill us (I dont mind danger, its just that its either greys or level 400 mobs, nothing in betwene it seems).

and also when you do .. ok IF you do please give us a few clues of where to go .. especially if those hunting areas are in places where people previously have just been missioning or not travelig at all (you know where we are traveling). I dont have time to check out all the playfields for new hunting areas after each patch, so rumors trough NPCs and/or news articles about increasing wildlife in some regions would be nice.
    and for the love of leets... make more than 1 new hunting spot in each patch .. or we will have overpopulation in that zone all over again.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

yes more hunting spots please

i recently started an MA and have been having a blast hunting things on my own or with a couple of friends. i know from when i first started holes in the wall wasnt a good hunting spot now it rocks all the way up to level 30 i think. Then there is SWB after that, but ooh thats 25% hehe.

Some spots i have seen during my time

5-13 mine outside Bor or Newland lake
    10-30<?> Holes in the wall
    30-50 SWB

after that i am not sure
    varmint woods used to be the place to be once as was greater tir county. i havnt been there in a long time so i dont know what they are like.

there are numerous high level hunting spots for 100+ but a lot are in 25% or mayhem zones or take 5 mins to get there. personally i love hunting with a risk so i dont mind that. wish more people thought like that

Originally posted by CocoClown
    Down here in Omni-country, I'm finding the hunting grounds are still intact, but... nobody is there!
    I don't think that's it, all monsters spawn still, but when they messed it up many patches ago, what they did was destroying the respawn timer for a lot of spots outdoors. When you clear a spot and have to wait 5-15 minutes for the next (single) mob to spawn, you have to go somewhere else...like at the temple or snake pit...
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Down here in Omni-country, I'm finding the hunting grounds are still intact, but... nobody is there! I went for a tour of my old hunting grounds at what seemed like a busy time and... not a soul. Galway Grid (and surrounding Hammer fields), deserted. Manteze hills... empty. The Cage, empty. Nobody hunting in the Omni Forest at ALL. Nobody at the massive spawns to the south of 4-holes. Or in Clon****... a tragically wasted beautiful zone. It seems the only place people are at now are Lush Fields and 20k, or in missions. A shame
    Those hunting areas just aren't as xp/time effective as missions Coco. One person pointed out to me on another similar thread that when you start a new game, people will try anything because they are ignorant, but once they find the 'best,' they will continue to do the best and other people will join them. They will be very hesitant to do anything else, because they feel like they are wasting their time.

Missions were not a valid form of xp back last summer because of all the LOS bugs, playshift errors, and crappy locations. Now they are 'too good.'

Even those hunting areas that come close to missons in xp/time efficiency (very very few do), it's a population/socialization problem. People went to Galway to xp because they KNEW people were there. I remember when Galway east gate was crowded with 3-4 groups forming all the time for cage, or hammer breeders, etc. Part of the reason was that it was good xp, the other reason was that the mutant camps in Lush didn't respawn.

Just go ahead and try to get people to go do something else, it's not easy. Just a week or so ago, I tried to take a level 40ish group with my soldier twink to 4holes to hunt some golfe's and hammers, and vultures, possibly beach, cuz there were almost 9 groups at NW lush.

Right after we killed the first gofle the enforcer flat out left because the xp value was not as high as mutants.

After 3 more golfes and a breeder, one of the engineers wanted to leave.

10 minutes later, the adventurer had enough, and the MA was getting annoyed. We decided to break up the group.

Only one of them, the other engineer, had any fun. He decided to stay and solo the beach with his wrangle/masteried pet.

Originally posted by Lodrin-Omni

Missions were not a valid form of xp back last summer because of all the LOS bugs, playshift errors, and crappy locations. Now they are 'too good.'
    Last year, if you could find a camp spot where you could have steady yellow to low red spawns for pulls, most people would be extremely happy, they would consider that a quality hunting ground.

But now, there's a nice computer available at all outposts will give you exactly the type of monsters you want for optimum xp, where you and your group alone can hunt, nicely sectioned off into bite size pulls of 1 or 2, with no fear of respawns. This camping ground will also give the best credits, almost the best loot, and the best tokens. This camping ground has a zoneline within 20 seconds reach, and a grid terminal and/or scanner within 1 minute reach.

That my friends, is what a mission today is. It's simply too good.

No hunting ground in its current state can compare to that.

Aye, I know. Missions give good, safe, reliable XP almost entirely devoid of risk. And then there's the XP reward at the end of it all to increase it further. It's a shame really, we need a better incentive to hunt outside than just claustrophobia.

It makes me somewhat sad to see level 50s and 60s forming up for Team missions. By level 150, when they decide that they're bored of them and fancy an outdoor hunt they're going to regret it.
    Dest

It makes me somewhat sad to see level 50s and 60s forming up for Team missions. By level 150, when they decide that they're bored of them and fancy an outdoor hunt they're going to regret it.
    Yep. I was grouping with a level 24 *true* newbie (no main), (I was on an alt ) and sadly, his request was "let's do team missions!"

I said no, but he said he wanted to. The problem is that anything is fun when you've only done it 3 or 4 times. I tried to talk him out of it, but it didn't work. Oh well, team missions at lower levels are pretty fun actually.
    ~Chris

In a nut shell

I hate this but..

Here is the deal, i just rerolled a doc for a challenge .. A roll reversal sence in used to playing an enforcer..

How to level in clan areas.. i know where to go but why would i?You want to tokens and you don't wanna walk for 45 minutes. Well i found Team missions pretty much it the way to go.
    Anyway my level 20 doc will flying to missions after next level.

i wish there were more people hunting and wandering around.

I recently started an MA and am having a total ball runing around the hunting spots around Borealis. no one goes there apart from me i have the entire zone to myself, its fantastic. A couple of friends have low level alts as well, played for kicks more than anything, its really fun to team up and hunt. more strategy is involved than anything. its fun to relearn those old skills.
    there is GREAT sceanary, how many of us now even bother to look at this world. remember the first time you were in a dust storm? remember your jaw dropping at the grand vistas of rubi-ka?
    like i said i;m loving running around hunting things, nothing beats taking on a pack of seven night howlers alone, having to pick them off one by one, one mistake and your dead. a mission cant compare to that.
    I know full well i should be good for hunting until around level 80, there are placesi can goto for a while, but getting a team to do that is harder.

I would really like to see dynamic spawns come in, some of my fun memoies are when in a team hunting some mobs and seeing a much higher level mob wander in, the team debating whether to attack it or not, more often than not you got wasted, but the times it worked. wa slike WOW, we are THE team. i mean who remembers the big kitties in varmint woods? you would be happily slaughtering blubbags then one would wander past. everyone had a "warning %t is about" macro, no one does that any more. and the two letters that spark fear into a team RR
    now they are just "exp balls".

hunting is cool, i know i could level fast and do missions and get uber equipment easily, but why? i can do that with my doc. its nice to explore sometimes, its nice to get lost in a sandstorm as you dont have a map and get atackec by the technoheads.

I'd like to see lots of spawns, the low level ones are sometimes 5 or 6 spawns in a zone of varying levels. perhaps, as someone said, npcs could drop rumours of build ups of mobs or npcs in one place? that would be cool, go find the spawn with a team. take it out with a boss mob there as well. get some nice items from the npc. i dont know if that could be implemented but it would be fun.

I think the spawn timer needs to be changed, i remember from the shades in Tir that you could take out the spawn but then wait say 15mins for another one. and if a another team was there, well it just caused grief. perhaps the spawn generator could take account of the people in a zone? more players = more mobs perhaps.

<sigh> just an old timer sick of missions

Bump!

As has been said here there are so many spots to hunt in 20k, that there is no reason for teo teams to hunt the same place even.

FunCon must either be blissfully ignorant, or purposely being one-sided towards Omni when it comes to hunting spots.

Clan has 3% of the hunting that Omni enjoys all the way up to level 100ish.

My level 87 Trader is still getting 15-30k a pop out there in 20k, it's just hard finding the rihgt team where everyone has a Yalm, since they dod not seem to have Yalms in chests anymore in missions.

Bump!

I started a new MA after being absent from the game for a few months. I ran through missions in Borealis and Stret West Bank and flew my twinky up to level 49 in three looong days. After that I couldn't see missions anymore and was eager to get to Vermint Woods again to re-experience the fun I had there with my first two characters. I will never forget the fun I had standing around in that clan camp, still terrified by the mad run to it, then getting into a group and finally doing great XP at the rookie camps.

But... well, as many here wrote before.. nobody was at the outpost, as nobody was at the camps. "/list 1 200" had 5 people as result. 5! (4 of them were doing solo missions there... lol) I remember times where 50+ people were at the camps, not mentioning the others doing OT hunting or simply standing around at the outpost.

Then I went to GTC; same result. Then I went back to Tir and kindly asked two hours for any groups. But I didn't find any. So I went back into missions. That was two weeks ago, and I am still only level 50, because I simply have no fun doing missions anymore. Team missions may be a bit better than solo missions, yes, but still they are not much fun compared to hunting. Let's all be honest: the only cool thing about team missions are the boss monsters and the tokens. Why the hell can't there be hunting grounds anymore? And why can't there be random spawns for boss monsters outdoors (e.g. one in each zone at a time maximum)?

Only explanation I have is that Funcom simply could not remove lag without sending all the people into missions. And that can't be the solution, because since I restarted playing this game is more a single-player-game than anything else.

So my suggestion would be to make much more outdoor hunting areas and to get rid of the lag remove some of the extra servers that handle the missions and build up 2 or 3 new RKs, so people won't sit all in one zone of one RK causing the zone to crash.

Like now it is simply no fun.

Dancer

Re: Bump!

Originally posted by Dancer

Then I went to GTC; same result. Then I went back to Tir and kindly asked two hours for any groups. But I didn't find any. So I went back into missions. That was two weeks ago, and I am still only level 50, because I simply have no fun doing missions anymore.

Like now it is simply no fun.

Dancer

See , what you now wrote proves that Funcoms theory and what they wanted to implement works! They want to slow down lvling.

I doubt that the concept for doing that is the right one. I leveled the first 50 Levels fast every time, not the last. :-) And as you see in the patch notes they want to make the "first hours" even easier. If they wanted to make leveling more difficult, they could simply increase the level-ranges in matters of XP you need to gain a level. But taking away the playing fun, especially hunting in groups sounds to me like a bad idea...

Dancer

Bump!

Fix the Clan hunting past level 35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast