Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS or Reaver

SS or Reaver

Reaver

at 10points gives 180 2he and as i hear. some nice spec's that can do some nice damage. i know nothing of this line because i have never trained it =P, just what aodb says

Street Samuri
    at 10 perk points , you get these in total
    RangedInit. -2250

2hEdged 20
    Parry 200
    FastAttack 200
    Riposte 200

ProjectileDamageModifier 187
    MeleeDamageModifier 187
    EnergyDamageModifier 187
    ChemicalDamageModifier 187
    RadiationDamageModifier 187
    ColdDamageModifier 187
    NanoDamageModifier 187
    FireDamageModifier 187
    PoisonDamageModifier 187

first spec, deep cuts, never got it to be useful cause i never teamed with a trader to find out how well it does w/ blootletting running.

the next 2
    Honoring the ancients: fear and stun immunity
    Blade Whirlwind: perry and damage buff for 50s

last one
    seppuku slash: huge damage perk while a mob is very low on health, or in pvp to finish off a healing class =)

right now i use 2xgelids and have 7 points in SS
    i love the Fa and damage that it adds but, if i plan on ever having a high end JDN or excal for the hell of it. . does Reaver give up any options for those that SS might lack

i was thinking for 10bio/10blessing/10ss/10AoR for my perks at 220 , would it be more worth it to take reaver over ss or reaver over AoR?, please give opinions and your experiences
    Last edited by LoPnK; Aug 4th, 2004 at 00:04:51.

Which of the three others did u not train, to get both, Balrogis?
    BORN STUBBORN

on assumption i would say bal is a bio, blessing, ss, and reaver kind of guy although ya never know..

Yes, I dumped AoR cause it's really trash. It's like lower healing per second then QL 87 health haggler. While it does cost no nano and is always on, it can block you from casting nanos and SS/Reaver absolutely blow it away in every respect, their not even on the same level of usefulness, it's like TMS .v.s comp attributes for a soldier 8) After parry / riposte are introduced it will truly make the choice between ss v.s. most other perks completely obvious. The reason why Reaver was a obvious choice for me is because lets face it, pain lance and slice and dice just kick ass. Plus, now that specials are nerfed, you will need the +180 or so 2he to hit anything consistently in pvp.

if you use gelids, cant use reaver

Edit: Reaver Dmg perks, and they kick ass =P

get JDN and if you ae clan Double Swords hehehehe pwns with reaver

I say Both
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Xkeeper
    if you use gelids, cant use reaver
    Pffft, 1he is for advents. Oh, and them enforcertypes...
    BORN STUBBORN

I actually started off with SS and AoR aswell as a point in holy mark and now later I'm trying to get the most perk points I can into Reaver and Bio Shielding.
    I was told SS was literally **** and I could just toss it away, so I spent some 10 days getting rid of it. After some closer evalutation I've kind of realized it IS good in combination with Reaver.
    Question though, as Keepers aren't exactly the ideal tanks - I mean, I can tank some, but once it's something tougher I just splat - should I just forget about holy mark and blow all my current perk points into SS, AoR, Reaver and Bio Shielding as my to-be total number of perk points?
    Moridin(Equip) Keeper Keeso Shade - Member of Haven
    Killer: 60% Explorer: 60% Socializer: 53% Achiever: 26%
    Your type is: KES. 1% of respondents so far fall into that type.

Originally posted by l2c

Pffft, 1he is for advents. Oh, and them enforcertypes...

lots of keepers are using gelids lately, i refuse to use it tho, i think it sorta of sucks....

I quite like holy mark ive got like 8 pts in it, the evade bonus and extra ACs are great for when it comes to soloing.
    Miceckia-220/30 Keeper
    Tekdeath-1-199/22 Martial artist

Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Roleplaying is what you do when the sex in your marriage isnt going too good.

The Ninj00 Theorem: The one thing you have to know about high level raidbots , point systems , and camping is this; We'll never know I guess because timelapse nerfed my sig

signature over 10 lines [again], shortened by timelapse ;p

This topic is quite pointless really. The one thing you will notice as a Keeper is our perk combination variety. That allows us to play a few different styles of a keeper. Everyone plays a little differently so the true answer is only going to be answered by testing yourself and seeing what works for you. All combinations have pros and cons its just about how you will play your keeper really.

/Enchantd
    220 Rimor Keeper

"Impossible is an Opinion, Not a Fact"

Advisor of Dark Front

Hydro - 205 Trox Solja
    Midnyte - 75 Opi Martial Artist

Originally posted by Enchantd
    This topic is quite pointless really. The one thing you will notice as a Keeper is our perk combination variety. That allows us to play a few different styles of a keeper. Everyone plays a little differently so the true answer is only going to be answered by testing yourself and seeing what works for you. All combinations have pros and cons its just about how you will play your keeper really.

/Enchantd
    Not entirely pointless. As you said it points out in great detail how everyone plays a little differently, everyone gives their reasons for why they chose their combo.

That gives us the opportunity to influence those on the fence in one direction or the other based on who has similar priorities. Not everyone started their keeper with a vague idea of how to spend there perks, these topics are very influential.

I personally chose Reaver over SS early on because the extra 2he benefits my AR and allowed me to put on better weapons with a relative minimum of twinking.

Since I'm in the middle of my T6-T7 hecker level grind, I've unperked Reaver down to Transfix and am unperking AOR. But unlike others I'm not putting them in blessing or SS. I'm dumping them into the XP perks lines (an extra +14%xp can't hurt).

The only thing I'm consistently keeping maxed is bioshield and I didn't even start perking that until around lvl 100.

Besides I'm seeing a marked difference between now and the early keeper days when most peoples perk list looked like:

10 AOR
    10 Reaver
    10 Bioshield
    10 SS

or

10 AOR
    10 Biosheild
    10 Holy Mark
    10 Reaver

I wonder what our perk preferences will look like in five months after we've gotten hold of some alien perks?
    Davias Keltana Jr.
    -----------------------------

I am not my father's son.... I am better

On my honor, my family will be redeemed!
    Savior from the Angels of the Night

Originally posted by Xkeeper
    lots of keepers are using gelids lately, i refuse to use it tho, i think it sorta of sucks....
    I agree. Sure it does the most damage, but if u wanna go 1he, why the F*** did you choose a keeper????

I will NOT go 1he at any cost. Will rather be gimp.
    BORN STUBBORN

Bio
    Reaver
    SS
    Blessing

Best perk setup imo ^^

the reason i went 1he is because .. with FBR(gimp excuse for a 2he weapon) you cant do anything w/o a team.. and with gelids i do 1/1 or like 1.1/1 at full def which makes a WORLD of difference. its not like i made a keeper going "omg put 1he here and omg omg! pwnage!"

i would rather use a 2he weapon, but considering i can't solo tuq'usk i will probably not have a 260excal soon and i dont have HH@B/+10 ring so i wont be getting a 280+ JDN

so i am basicaly stuck with gelids for most dmg and soloing ability.

i run DD on almost all my heck teams just for fun and i can WAYYYY out damage any FBR keeper. infact. last night i was on top of DD =) 212 sol behind me and 203 MA behind him, so ah! if we only had green 1he and our perks were 2he/1he viable.
    if you dont wanna see me with gelids, help me get what i need to get into pande for a JDN. cant do it by myself =P
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

.................................................. .................................................. .....dummie keepers.. AoR and Bio shield

Bio
    Blessing
    Reaver
    SS

Reaver+SS perks pwn in pvp, bio and blessing let you live long enough to use them Reaver dosent help much in pvm but SS's +dmg is good for that though.
    Capnblood - RK2 220/17 Keeper - Setup
    - Member of Alpha Omega

SO is AoR out of style now? What about from 75-150?

Right now I am doing Bio+AoR, but I am only level 70...

AOR isn't out of the question, i'd say its a good pvp/solo setup AOR/Blessing/Reaver/Bio which was my original plan. But seeing how fast you'd need to heal in a nasty pvp situation, AOR won't keep up, so i've decided to go with SS just cuz dmg and i like pvp more thanks to an old game UO :P Lopnk i have on occasion ODed a sol with 2 gelids, but then again i didn't have SS trained, but doing over 1kish a hit, all depends on those procs. FBR is only good for leveling IMO, and it isn't to gimp since i seem to OD a my sol friend more often for longer periods of time cuz of reaver perks EDITED

"i was thinking for 10bio/10blessing/10ss/10AoR for my perks at 220 , would it be more worth it to take reaver over ss or reaver over AoR?, please give opinions and your experiences" quote

depending if you like/love to pvp like some of us, i'd say drop AOR for reaver, could always keep your IP in 1he for pvm. Who knows what kinda weaps AI will bring for us 2he users. I recently dropped maxxed AOR for reaver.. could imagine how long it took to reset that but i don't regret it at all, got friends/guildies to pvm with so soloing isn't an issue I must admit though having AOR is nice, well thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by LilChubz; Aug 18th, 2004 at 19:39:28.
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast