Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IDEAS Factory

Superstring harmonic adjustment

For 25s the NT is only vulnerable to nano damage, but is unable to execute this nanoprogram again for 40 s.

Similar to NS, but with a T&S requirement instead of MC, and no rooting. (Maybe take extra damage from nano if it needs a bit of nerfing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesic
    Or how about the more intriguing twist on the AoE nuke line...

An AoE that masks its origin in such a way that the primary victim (the center of the AoE) appears to be the source of a wave of energy that pulses outward. This nuke could do a very low amount of damage itself (1 pt would do it) but take advantage of the fact that reflect shields are easily triggered, making the target of the AoE suffer reflect damage from their own allies.
    Whoo i like that one, but i can think of 2 game mechanics issues with it almost immediately...

Sounds like the way it works is You Cast "Teh Uber AoE" and upload a hostile nano in your oppenents ncu which then executes the AoE, this means that

a) The probability of this nuke dealing damage to everybody in the area of effect is considerably lower than your regular AoE line, due to the fact you are making one defensive check on one player, if its resisted by that player, no area of effect will occur

and

b) On a sucessful "roll to hit", and killing of the victim of the aoe, the people who caused the damage to the victim are not the nt who casted the nano, meaning the pvp points would most likely be distributed incorrectly.
    Meko 220/20 MA Perks
    Nanomeko 80/6 NT Idiot Savant - more generic add all nanoskill items please.

Quote Originally Posted by Meko
    a) The probability of this nuke dealing damage to everybody in the area of effect is considerably lower than your regular AoE line, due to the fact you are making one defensive check on one player, if its resisted by that player, no area of effect will occur
    uhm.. right now it has 2 checks. the person you target AND everyone in the area of effect if the initial target fails, so i fail to see how it can be lower.
    Last edited by _Delerium; Mar 10th, 2005 at 16:50:27.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    uhm.. right now it has 2 checks. the person you target AND everyone in the area of effect if the initial target fails.
    ohh nice, i thought it was a check for everyone
    thx for setting me straight... knock off mechanics issue a then o.O
    Meko 220/20 MA Perks

Minefield AOE attack

Here's one that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. I haven't had a chance to come up with goofy rp names for things though. =)

Minefield Area of Effect Attack

This could work like laying a trap in other RPGs, but it'd have to do with nanobots in order to make it fit in with the NT style.

The NT can use this attack to lay a large minefield, something like the size of a Kel's area of effect, that will do a massive amount of damage to any person or monster that walks across it. The mines would radiate out from the center of placement, something like 5 in a star formation would be good, and each one triggered would do something like, 10,000 pvm or 5,000 pvp damage.

Laying the trap would drain the NT to 1 hp and 1 np, in order to make sure that it's always laid beforehand and never used in the heat of battle.

This could give us something sneaky fun to do in pvp and add a little variety and planning (smarts) to our pvm experience.
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Triskweline
    Here's one that's been bouncing around in my head for a while. I haven't had a chance to come up with goofy rp names for things though. =)

Minefield Area of Effect Attack

This could work like laying a trap in other RPGs, but it'd have to do with nanobots in order to make it fit in with the NT style.

The NT can use this attack to lay a large minefield, something like the size of a Kel's area of effect, that will do a massive amount of damage to any person or monster that walks across it. The mines would radiate out from the center of placement, something like 5 in a star formation would be good, and each one triggered would do something like, 10,000 pvm or 5,000 pvp damage.

Laying the trap would drain the NT to 1 hp and 1 np, in order to make sure that it's always laid beforehand and never used in the heat of battle.

This could give us something sneaky fun to do in pvp and add a little variety and planning (smarts) to our pvm experience.
    Not agro for the NT
    Perhaps not being able to get the mob/player downt to more than 50% life?

ohoh thats uber

Especially if they are disarmable by fixers / others with Disarm Trap skill.
    Meko 220/20 MA Perks

Quote Originally Posted by Meko
    Especially if they are disarmable by fixers / others with Disarm Trap skill.
    Yeah, i can see it now.

"MIIIINES!! STOP !! HALT!!! STOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!11!!!!1oneone!!"
    *BOOOOOOOM*
    (Half the raidforce at reclaim)
    "Sorry, I lagged :/"
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Yeah, i can see it now.

*BOOOOOOOM*
    They would work according to pvp gas restrictions, silly.

75% zone: only mobs walking over your mine are harmed
    25% zone: only people walking on the opposite faction's mines are harmed
    5% zone: only people outside of your org are harmed
    0% zone: everyone is harmed

The placement skill could be nanoprogramming.*

* I'd have to IPR for the IP to put in it
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

Ok hows this .. we swap up the cybor deck for a cyber whip
    the mods are all the same but the whip has a chance of landing a stun /blind
    and also being able to do competitive damage.. you know the new word for good but not good enough but it should shut those Nt s up for a while "competitive"
    that should help us in the damage and defence side of thing s
    would also make us look damm sexie with a whip

<- always wanted to be a lion trainer but found training hecks alot more fun /me whips the hecks into line ...

Yeah, i can see it now.

*BOOOOOOOM*
    Hahahahah wtb pls! Might actually make Outzone raids fun ^^
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

OK, here's a pretty cheap one from a TL4 perspective: We don't seem to be very desirable on teams: no heal, the layers are not exactly helpful, agreed, some profs just love humi/ncr but if it comes at the price of sparing a valuable teamslot for us ... well, thanks, but no thanks.

So, how about adding a detaunt to some of the higher-damage nanos which are usable within this range? (Like Resonance Blast has)

This would at least help us to do some decent damage, as I have the impression I *could* outdamage most professions (obviously in team range levelwise) ... if only I wouldn't find myself hugging the reclaim terminal about 20 seconds later. Wouldn't affect soloing abilities at all which I understand is a tricky issue for FC balancewise.

Cross posting from: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...06#post3474206

(Hmm, i'll post this in suggestions also)

An idea just struck me, look at NTs when SL came out compared to the other profs, MAs did good damage, Engies and MPs did good damage due to high min-damage hits.

Soldier and the others cried their hearts out and got 175-450 weapon @ 1/1, instead of 1-450 @ 2.5/1.5 ... quite a differance, and NTs lost their edge.

A few perks and items that added %nano-damage was introduced, fixing NTs damage slightly, and at the same time +AR, +weapon skills and +damage for weapon wielder, again eating up all if not more of the fix.

So, what's causing the problems and how to fix it?
    For one, weapons scale with AR, meaning +100 AR will make you hit more and harder and crit more, while nukes dont.
    +damage dont affect nanos, meaning that for every item itroduced differance is lessened.

SOLUTION: Let nanos scale with AR (MC) and let +damage affect nanos.

I'll elaborate.
    Assume MC works exactly as AR for weapons Dense Matter Missile MK II requires 406 MC and gives 155-415 damage. For a weapon (NanoWeapon) to do the same damage at 406AR the damage is 77-206, so lets change the nano statistics to:
    Dense Matter Missile MK II, 77-206, attack 100% MC

According to how weapons work, +400 AR is +1 damage factor, so if MC is 800, then Dense Matter Missile MK II is (77*3 - 206*3) = 206-618 that might seem like a lot, but at 800 MC you can use Superior Malign Devourer which is 912-2157 at slightly slower timing. (nanos could also be given a MBS like weapons if needed, but i dont see the need for it)

Looking at Biomolecular Corrosion 1802-3765 @ 1003MC, it would be a NanoWeapon of 719-1501.

Izgimmer's Ultimatum, 4826-8950 @ 2046MC, as AR is 1/3 at 1k+, 2046MC is 1348,7 AR, thus the NanoWeapon would be: 1431-2654.
    +400 AR isn't as effective here as it's at 1k+, the result would be: 5301-9833

So whats the point of all of this?
    Isn't it obvious? A NT (MP/Crat) would also gain from umbrals and AAO as it would scale their weapons much like all others gain from it and new items wouldn't automatically damage differance but Nukers would also scale slightly.

+Damage
    Let other professions +damage-buff, especially auras, also include NanoDamageModifier, simple as that. If Gazump fight (Team) is running it's not more than fair that a NT should gain something from this team-buff, right? So add NanoDamageModifier to the list (and ofcourse to keeper and engi-auras) the difference is slim for a hard nuke, but the feeling that is makes a differance is great.

A lot of the unique items would also need a touch of NanoDamageModifier, like Might of Revenant and other common +damage-items, there's no real need for new items as such.

What do you think?

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Part of the problem is that nt "weapon" is slow hits without specials- so add dmg items will help nt much less then other classes. Somebody that uses 1/1 weapon with burst/fling every 10 sec will get 15+9+3=27 hits every 30 sec- meaning 27x added dmg, while nt will have probably 8 hits every 30 sec- meaning that even if every +dmg item/buff affected nukes, nt would still benefit from it much less then other profs.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Yes, agreed Seven, you wont gain as much, but the main idea was for nukers to gain _something_ from +damage-buffs. More for the feeling of soldiers buffs helping you out than massive damage output. Basically that is true for NanoWeapons idea also, though it also would make even NMs want to max nano doctorate for that last damage and would allow your weapon to scale with new items better.

As for specials i dont believe you'll ever get anything else than perks. Though you can easily get 6-8 offensive perks which should be effective in a duel but probably not as effective in large scale PvP. Discussion must always be separated between PvM and PvP though, as tactics and needs are quite different.

NTs need more damage to fill their role, and my ideas is one idea to raise it slightly, but more damage wont change their soloability much if anything. The NI nerf was evil and very hard, especially as casting times on SL nukes obviously was designed for pre nerf speeds. Top nukes were probably not meant to cap at full def, but it's hard enough to cap the AI dots at full agg!

As you need full agg (more or less) to cap IU, damage should be comparable but greater than a weapon of the same ability. A weapon needing 2k skill and 2k init to fire at 2/1 ... (which would put the weapon at 4.2/9.4 timer)

With the very limited defences of a NT, their damage should be unrivaled, but even a NM NT should in such case run out of nano, so i can once again repeat another Nano idea i've posted in Game Suggestions:

Nano Overdrive:
    Gives a 50% damage increase while increasing nano cost by 100% (might be limited only to direct damage nukes or CD nukes)

If so, IU would cost 2690 nano for a damage of 7239-13425

/Y
    "No, the NT is a Magetank, the same ability to take a beating as any mage-class with the same taunt and damage output as a tank ..."

Yamaeda - Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaeda

Nano Overdrive:
    Gives a 50% damage increase while increasing nano cost by 100% (might be limited only to direct damage nukes or CD nukes)

If so, IU would cost 2690 nano for a damage of 7239-13425

/Y
    2 problems.

First 50% dmg increase wont help us in pvp if we get no alpha (we still will die once NS is down- and everybody who can servive/run away for 19 sec with surrent nt dmg will be able to do that with 50% more dmg over time as well). And in pvm 2 sec capped attack nukes will still mean that half the time we nuke corpces in PF.

Second is that in SL it will be 7239-7239 dmg.

And just to add to it with 50% more dmg (and especially for limited time) shades will still OD us- while having much better defence/heals.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow
    2 problems.

First 50% dmg increase wont help us in pvp if we get no alpha (we still will die once NS is down- and everybody who can servive/run away for 19 sec with surrent nt dmg will be able to do that with 50% more dmg over time as well). And in pvm 2 sec capped attack nukes will still mean that half the time we nuke corpces in PF.

Second is that in SL it will be 7239-7239 dmg.

And just to add to it with 50% more dmg (and especially for limited time) shades will still OD us- while having much better defence/heals.
    I thought of it as a normal buff, something for you to have running if you could take the nano cost, or like a copy of the Agent %crit but with %nanodamage instead.

Actually i dont see how much damage you want to be satisfied, is 100% enough?

That melee professions OD you isn't any problem for me, that kind of feels right, but NTs in my eyes should be comparable to Agents, and as they've got no alpha and less defence they should do more damage over time. You probably wont ever get a CD alpha, though some NanoFlush would fit the profession (blasting all nano pool for some sort of alpha, for example at 1hp/nano left in pool, emptying pool)

If 2s means you nuke a dead mob you're fighting some small things, most 220+ mobs take quite some time to bring down.

I'll post a thread about that NT/Agent thingy.

/Y

Yamaeda - Equip

NanoFlush would fit the profession (blasting all nano pool for some sort of alpha, for example at 1hp/nano left in pool, emptying pool)
    Would it fit...yes. Would it be useful? My gut says no. As a "finishing move" in PvP maybe, but if you misjudge a HP bar you're standing there with no ammo until your pool rebuilds.

If NTs are to get some sort of alpha, it should strain the nano pool, but not empty it and leave the NT without defence or offence.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

That melee professions OD you isn't any problem for me, that kind of feels right
    It doesn't feel right for me. Melee profs like Advs, MAs, Keeper, Shades have much (much!) better defensive skills (heals, evades) -- so (without talking "fair") it'd make sense (balancewise!) to give NTs less defensive skills (done to the full extent) and more offensive skills (not done at all) -- whether that'd be better a special alpha, more direct damage, better DoTs or whatnot is subject to a different discussion.

The way I think it SHOULD be if you look at a raidgroup damagewise:

NT
    Shade
    Soldier/MA/Agent
    Engineer/Keeper/MP/Fixer
    Crat/Trader
    Enforcer
    Doctor

This somewhat goes along the profs "official" description, the middle part works pretty well ... more or less, with certain glitches toward upper or lower end (Engi, MP, Crat). The rest is FUBAR. How can THE NUMERO UNO healing profession possibly deal damage AT ALL??

though some NanoFlush would fit the profession (blasting all nano pool for some sort of alpha, for example at 1hp/nano left in pool, emptying pool)
    AFAIK Everquests (top damagedealing, btw!) mage-class, the wizzards, used to have a "manaburn" which did INSANE damage. I've been told that they nerfed it first but will bring (or already have brought) a slightly less powerfull version back. AFAIK with "manaburn" we're not talking a crappy 15k capped damage at mobs with millions of HP ... that was more the "No matter how much damage that mob does, no matter how resistant it is, no matter what is done - manaburn will take it down in 6 seconds." sort of alpha. (source)
    I doubt 6 NTs would pose a serious threat to anything with a unique name on it in Inferno+.

If 2s means you nuke a dead mob you're fighting some small things, most 220+ mobs take quite some time to bring down.
    No. Mobs in the new alien playfield are dark red --- and still down before my keeper even is in range (well, ok, sometimes I manage to place a brawl/FA combo). No use to cast anything other than insta-nukes for NTs. Same goes for pande, not the sidebosses/beast obviously ... but the regular hiisis and whatnot are not exactly "small things" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    It doesn't feel right for me. Melee profs like Advs, MAs, Keeper, Shades have much (much!) better defensive skills (heals, evades) -- so (without talking "fair") it'd make sense (balancewise!) to give NTs less defensive skills (done to the full extent) and more offensive skills (not done at all) -- whether that'd be better a special alpha, more direct damage, better DoTs or whatnot is subject to a different discussion.

The way I think it SHOULD be if you look at a raidgroup damagewise:

NT
    Shade
    Soldier/MA/Agent
    Engineer/Keeper/MP/Fixer
    Crat/Trader
    Enforcer
    Doctor

[snip]

AFAIK Everquests (top damagedealing, btw!) mage-class, the wizzards, used to have a "manaburn" which did INSANE damage. I've been told that they nerfed it first but will bring (or already have brought) a slightly less powerfull version back. AFAIK with "manaburn" we're not talking a crappy 15k capped damage at mobs with millions of HP
    [snip]
    I doubt 6 NTs would pose a serious threat to anything with a unique name on it in Inferno+.
    Lots of different thing in there. Generally i feel that melee profession should be allowed more defence for the same offence as they lack range and are more prone to get hit, thus i think NT should be comparable to shade in damage. With the lack of a working toolset (blinds/roots/calms) on high level they could be allowed more damage, though i'd prefer a working toolset. (It'd be nice if calms worked in PvP as Charms do in WoW, restrict fighting, breaks on damage)

The Engi is said to be one of the best damage over time, a role it fills well as the damage takes 1-60s to go to the mob. Somehow i feel like the NT is a nano version of that. Where Shades and Agents have the alpha, NTs have the higher dps over time (or should have i mean). Originally the soldier wasnt supposed to do very much damage, but since the introduction of fast FA/weapons (perennium) they've climbed the damage ladder a lot. I wouldn't put them on the same line as agents. Though without working defensive programs, damage should be seriously upped.

The Nano Flush could be useful if used right, directly after using it, it's time to use all those nano regain-perks and stims if you want to keep on fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome
    No. Mobs in the new alien playfield are dark red --- and still down before my keeper even is in range (well, ok, sometimes I manage to place a brawl/FA combo). No use to cast anything other than insta-nukes for NTs. Same goes for pande, not the sidebosses/beast obviously ... but the regular hiisis and whatnot are not exactly "small things" either.
    Then you have the same problem with the keeper. The alien PF is a rather special experiance and if things go down that fast you'll have to resort to old RK-nukes which you can instacast until the mobs actually take some time. My engi doesn't exactly do much damage in those situation either, burst/fling from a CDR isn't all that powerful.

/Y

Yamaeda - Equip

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast