Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IDEAS Factory

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    The AoE's lost their PvP value with the reflects and the new flag mechanics.
    WTB reflect cancellation by the name of "Enfraams shieldbreaker" or somesuch.

My general idea of the new AOEs would be a pvp nuke line that is unaffected by reflect shields and for example given a self damage add instead....

Every player within a 30m area hit for 2,5k off Radiation Nano Damage. (To me that sounds pretty usefull)

Or how about the more intriguing twist on the AoE nuke line...

An AoE that masks its origin in such a way that the primary victim (the center of the AoE) appears to be the source of a wave of energy that pulses outward. This nuke could do a very low amount of damage itself (1 pt would do it) but take advantage of the fact that reflect shields are easily triggered, making the target of the AoE suffer reflect damage from their own allies.

While this gives the NT very little 'raw' power in the sense that it can't be used effectively in PvM or even in small scale/arena type PvP, in large group fighting the NT gains the ability to force battles onto a less condensed fight once again... while not becoming mass death dealers in the process. Of course... this will get protested because in many cases it will give the NT the ability to insta-kill someone other than himself, but hey... its just an idea.

Some things I been mulling over that I would like to see.

Extended AOE line that are Deck dependent. Minimum Attack time cap of around 1.5 secs(keeps people from kiting with them). Advantages, larger damage amounts with an AOE, no aggro add(it is a SL based nuke). Disadvantage, slower to cast. Basically a Deck Nuke in AOE form.

Cyberdeck Nano Pistol - This Pistol would be worn on the left hand like the Deck is on the right. I fact same requirements that the CD has to wield + Pistol skill. Upgradable like the decks. Would look like the deck but a little smaller with a Barrel on the back of the Hand. Uses pistol skill for attack rating of course. The kicker? Uses your Nano Pool for Ammo. Not subject to nano cost reducers, so the higher the version of the Cyberdeck Nano Pistol the more Nano it draws per shot. Attack&Recharge more more than about 1.2-1.5 secs. Thinking maybe the Basic one would have no Specials available. Augmented could add Fling, Jobe-Chipped could be Fling or Burst(your choice through tuning), and Izzy's would allow both specials(at the cost of spending IP on those skills). Note I said allow. You could choose not to upgrade the Deck pistols Specials at all. This would add a auto attack to CD users that currently have none but at the same time not be over powered, only "filler damage". Nukes will always be our primary damage after all.
    Last edited by Xenixa; Jan 31st, 2005 at 15:02:10.
    Xenixa - Gear/Setup
    General of First Order

Nano-Technician (McFalls') Maxim:
    No degree of acceptance can ever change the facts.
    Translation: You may come to terms with being screwed, but nevertheless you're still screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by crisalys
    I know this has been mentioned enough times to make people want to run from the room bleeding from the ears, but:

I want an off-hand equippable item or group of items- non-combat or defensive buffing, such as ACs, HP, Nano Programming, Comp Lit., and or Nano-Init.- Something that complements and is equippable with the Cyberdeck.

While the Cyberdeck adds to nano skills, it leaves the other hand kinda resting uselessly at your side- a complementary deck (or a group of them) that adds different buffs beyond the nano stats wold be really nice.

Some people may remember getting dressed for winter as a child, and your mother would have you wear a pair of mittens attached to each other with a string- that's the way I figure the add-on deck attaches to the cyberdeck. (you wouldn't be able to equip the add-on deck without a cyberdeck).

Just like the cyberdeck, add-on decks would be QL/specialization limited-- So, a QL 1-50 add-on deck would be Spec-1, and could only attach to a Spec-1 Basic Cyberdeck- QL51-100 would be Spec-2, etc.

Much like you can't add or remove RAM or swap out the hard drive from a laptop without shutting it down and flipping it over to get to the compartment, you could be able to change the function of the add-on deck by un-equipping it and using a screwdriver on it. (Use the screwdriver on it again, and it will change again- similar to the way you right click the "Ebony Figurine" from the Mercenaries Camp to change it's profession.)

Listed below are the "Top QL, basic" versions of what I call a "Multi-Function Co-Processing Deck"... or maybe there would only be four basic versions available (one for each specialization):

QL50 Multi-Function Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements Basic Cyberdeck (and First Specialization)
    Modifies:
    Version 1 = +25 Nano Programming, +10 Computer Literacy and +25 Nano Init.
    Version 2 = +10 Nano Prog., +25 Comp. Lit. and +25 Nano Init.

QL100 Multi-Function Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements: Augmented Cyberdeck (and Second Specialization)
    Modifies:
    Version 1 = +50 Nano Prog., +35 Comp. Lit., +50 Hit Points and +50 Nano Init.
    Version 2 = +20 Nano Prog., +50 Comp. Lit., +75 HP and +50 Nano Init.
    Version 3 = +35 Nano Prog., +20 Comp. Lit. +100 HP and +50 Nano Init.

QL150 Multi-Function Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements: Jobe-chipped Cyberdeck (and Third Specialization)
    Modifies:
    Version 1 = +70 Nano Prog./Comp. Lit., +150 all ACs, +70 Hit Points and +75 Nano Init.
    Version 2 = +40 NP/CL, +200 all ACs, +110 HP and +75 Nano Init.
    Version 3 = +55 NP/CL, +100 all ACs, +150 HP and +75 Nano Init.

QL200 Multi-Function Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements: Izgimmer-modified Cyberdeck (and Fourth Specialization)
    Modifies:
    Version 1 = +90 Nano Prog./Comp. Lit., +275 all ACs, +15 to Matt. Crea. +100 to Hit Points, and +100 Nano Init.
    Version 2 = +60 NP/CL, +350 ACs, +20 MC, +150 HP and +100 Nano Init.
    Version 3 = +70 NP/CL, +125 ACs, +25 MC, +200 HP and +100 Nano Init.
    Version 4 = +80 NP/CL, +200 ACs, +10 MC, +250 HP and +100 Nano Init.

There could be some "hacked" or "overclocked" versions that don't have Specialization restrictions, but they would have level and/or stat restrictions (much like the Experimental Cyborg Token Board):

Recoded Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements: 900 Computer Literacy and Level 175+
    Modifies:
    +100 to Nano Programming and Computer Literacy

Overclocked Co-Processing Defensive Deck
    Requirements: 1300 Matter Metamorphosis, 1300 Bio Metamorphosis and Level 210+
    Modifies:
    +300 Hit Points and +350 to all ACs

Notum-Enhanced Co-Processing Deck
    Requirements: Level 150+
    Modifies:
    +10 to all Nano Stats (MM, BM, MC, etc).

etc...

The "Basic" Co-Processing Decks would be available either in Jobe or at the AI City Guild shops, while the Hacked/Recoded versions could be AI loot.
    I would love to have various mods to my dec that could be plugged in or removed but also would be nice if could put a weapon of any sort in the other hand so one more mod could be weapon 1he, 1hb, pistol or watever also the lesser decks need somethig more. The number one thing I would like is to be speed competitive with other professions since the only fast nukes are the little ones. Also takng the horrid 2second cap off SL nukes, with perhaps another mod. Mods equal the level of user would really be awsome like 1 mod for a certain lavel range, perhaps even title ranges so a title 7 could have a deck with 7 mods.
    I am out of estrogen and have a Nuke

Polmara 217 NT/AL 18
    Sharazade 146 MP/AL 8
    Matashari 153 enf/AL 4 [pre SL opi piercing freak]

I think with perks, NT's already have a big bag of dirty tricks and that is why I enjoy playing them the most. I'd much rather see Bigger & Better to everything we have than something new and unusual, which is what we have plenty of.

(From my understanding, NT's were supposed to be a "Glass Cannon" type prof. where overwhelming offense is their only defence. If FC has plans for them becoming a whackier mezz/debuffer, then I am grateful. However the last thing I want is a half-assed try at both of these roles)
    Last edited by pq4nt5; Feb 4th, 2005 at 02:11:35.

Perks? Hm, with profession specific ones we have a NR debuff, a couple of nano regains, a detaunt, a +init and one damage special that hits for 2500 or so when the perkline is maxed...
    Others are shared by other professions, and require points spent in rather poor perklines, like Starfall for the DD specials that most people can resist at higher lvls and has horribly long execution times..
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

no idea if this has been posted previously

nukes have a damage range.
    nukes usually hit for the minumum of that range (unless u wander into a BY and zap a leet)

add a "special-like" function to all 4 versions of the cyberdeck
    (edit: not an upgrade, but an actual attack action akin to fling/burst etc)

call it something along the lines of "Bypass Defences"
    give it a reasonable duration (sufficient for 3-4 deck nukes to be cast)
    give it a reasonable lock-down period (3-4x above duration)

effect; ALL nukes cast whilst "bypass defences" running will hit for Maximum damage, as targets armour/layers/screens have been bypassed by overloading defensive nanobot cloud of the target.
    Last edited by Milina; Feb 22nd, 2005 at 12:45:28.

Nanocrystal (Empowered Layered Protection)
    Like the regular Asborb Shield, only the Shadowlands has changed how it functions

instead of giving a fixed absorb limit for the whole duration, the nano pulses evry 30-60 or so seconds

giving 40 ticks at 30 seconds
    or 20 ticks at 60 seconds

each pulse would refresh the absorb shield on the NT

level >= 100

each nano in this line, could recieve a modification like this.

just a basic idea ... but FC already did most of the groundwork already

How About an Rare Dyna Drop Nano:

Warp Time and Space: Jobe

U should definitely make a nano that makes NT's able to teleport from rubi-ka to shadowlands!!!

Actually it would be nice if I could teleport myself (and maybe a team) to my organization's city.

That way I can go straight from a mission too my shop.
    (Also the team version would be nice for rounding up helpers for an alien raid)
    Last edited by Keldros; Feb 25th, 2005 at 01:36:33.

What about a exctension of the old warp line, where, as said above, we get more warp options (jobe, player city), they can be used in shadowland and are a tiny bit faster (as warp got sped up with fold)?

Lemerria

Lemerria - 220/23 NT Equip - Ring of Destruction
    Shivani - 211/11 Engi Symbs - Ring of Destruction
    Cierria - 171/10 MP - Ring of Destruction
    Lemster - 111/8 Fixer - The 501st
    Wyerria - 107/10 Keeper - Ring of Destruction
    Zazumel - 66/2 Solja - Ring of Destruction
    Jaenna - 38/2 Doctor - Ring of Destruction
    Domantos - 15/2 Enfo - Ring of Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Milina
    Nanocrystal (Empowered Layered Protection)
    Like the regular Asborb Shield, only the Shadowlands has changed how it functions

instead of giving a fixed absorb limit for the whole duration, the nano pulses evry 30-60 or so seconds

giving 40 ticks at 30 seconds
    or 20 ticks at 60 seconds

each pulse would refresh the absorb shield on the NT

level >= 100

each nano in this line, could recieve a modification like this.

just a basic idea ... but FC already did most of the groundwork already

Good idea, but do you really think that Absord shield will hold up for atleast 30 seconds? or even 20 seconds? but darn good idea for the most part
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesic
    Or how about the more intriguing twist on the AoE nuke line...

An AoE that masks its origin in such a way that the primary victim (the center of the AoE) appears to be the source of a wave of energy that pulses outward. This nuke could do a very low amount of damage itself (1 pt would do it) but take advantage of the fact that reflect shields are easily triggered, making the target of the AoE suffer reflect damage from their own allies.

While this gives the NT very little 'raw' power in the sense that it can't be used effectively in PvM or even in small scale/arena type PvP, in large group fighting the NT gains the ability to force battles onto a less condensed fight once again... while not becoming mass death dealers in the process. Of course... this will get protested because in many cases it will give the NT the ability to insta-kill someone other than himself, but hey... its just an idea.
    not to mention that takes alot of thinking....i couldnt really see myself using this on the grounds that im assuming...

by Assuming that everyone or atleast someone is using a reflect shield.....now i know you might say..."well duh who doesn't use reflect shields?" but im just basing my point on the saying that asssumption is 3/4 of...well you know
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Auno-Click here

Quote Originally Posted by ASIMPLENT
    by Assuming that everyone or atleast someone is using a reflect shield
    Just a reminder... discussion of posts in this thread are supposed to be done in other threads to keep this one from getting too cluttered.

But to answer your question: yes, this assumes that people are using reflects. Just remember though, for it to lose value a majority of the people on the battlefield would have to cancel or not use reflects at all... in making the choice to avoid this nuke, they'd be more susceptible to damage from other types of attacks. The point isn't to create an 'uber-weapon' but to make something that is currently considered a no-brainer require a bit more thought. Keep in mind that reflect shields do more damage than weapons on many lower level PvP battlefields.

Quote Originally Posted by ASIMPLENT
    Good idea, but do you really think that Absord shield will hold up for atleast 30 seconds? or even 20 seconds? but darn good idea for the most part
    thats the whole point, i was thinking of a defence for nt's that freed up the time needed to recast it, but without making it too overpowered.

bioshield 10 gives keepers etc a 10k? absorb

the modification to the NT absorb line im trying to describe works in the same way the soldier reflect/keeper heal auras work (but individual instead of team_aura, however a teambased version with higher skills required etc, would be a nice additin also and probably an extra incentive to get NT's into teams) you get xyz pts of absorb for a limited time, then it pulses refreshing the absorb amount available. Yes most mobs will chew through the amount given, but your not having to recast a nano every 20/30 seconds, like you would now.

ps.
    the whole basis of my idea was based on how useless the absorb line generally is, they last for 20mins+, but the absorbtion amount available is usually used within 10-20 seconds

a cycling layer wouldn't be all that good, especially on a slow timer like that. To survive efficiently you need to actively keep your defences up all the time, something a cycling layer won't do unless they make the recharge timer redicilously low (which they won't). A pulsing team variant might be desirable for team members, but i'd much rather have a short recharge upgraded layer to boost our defences where it's needed.
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

well then give some kind of Team NS.....ho boy i know that wouldnt happen but think about how funny it would be to have a pulsing team NS....Rooted for 10 seconds.....walk/run....rooted for ten seconds..."WTH is going on i can't move"....ROFLMAO

Edit: Spelling
    Auno-Click here

Maybe something that provides a huge AC rating vs. a single damage type--sort of a "Plug the AC hole" nano. You could have one for each AC type, then make them like the leet pet buffs. (Only one can be running at any given time.)

Retract Repulsor

This will undo the effects ( or a percentage of ) of Notum Repulsor for the duration of the nano.

This is because a lvl100 with a fully trained Notum Repulsor counters everything an NT can throw at him in PVP.
    OMG I just got 14 Crits in a row!
    Wait a mo' I forgot im an NT o_0
    -----------------------------------------
    Bio of Doublezer0

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast