Thread: So an Old NT is bumming around...

So an Old NT is bumming around...

so i would pop my head and see how miserable your lot still is....

How is everyone....

still see some oldies hanging on....like Masta/Satenia/Rah/Del

How you gimps been?

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech
    Highangel - Level 212 Crat
    and a 205 MP (Used to buff Phinger ....now buffs everyone else)

You hit Stefan Messamore with nanobots for 14295 points of radiation damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinger
    How is everyone....
    heyhey !

Well, nothing much has changed, and personally I don't play that much anymore. Think i have about 1hr ingame time these last 2 weeks, so I'm mostly trolling the forums.

Masta and Sat have continued to carry the Torch for NT issues, but so far all we got is this lousy T-Shirt that says 'Fr00b'

So whatcha been up to lately? Gone to the darkside (WoW), or just jumped to RK4 and enjoying the stay ?
    Delerium(220/30/70), Locklear(220/30/70), Piggybank(60/6/14).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Richard Dawkins: We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
    Deng: Every time I see Del I just start to quiver.

Darkside (wow)- Mage.

Wow is fun...miss flying around in my yalm though.

Mage is pretty ok in wow. Got some problems, can get oblietrated .....but if your decked out you tend to scare players when u 1 or 2 shot them....so you can hazard a guess what Phingers does

Seems Funcom still hasnt worked out what to do with NTs...they just cant grow some nuts and actually make Nts damage masters. Saw the latest roll out in a thread further down about the changing job description on Nts. Lowering the damage roll to average joe....but doing nuthing about your defence and pointing out the fact you cant solo now.....you are "TEAM" orientated class. Very very sad.

Seems if you cant fix or adjust a class lets just change the job description to lower players expectations

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech

Heya Phinger, good to see ya, ya we still suck....

and guess what word from FC is? Changes are coming soon... sound familiar?
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

Heya Phinger

Nothing much has changed since you left really, it's the same old "Not enough damage, not enough defence".. I did go almost equal to a keeper the other day at an inferno key spawning, but hell the keeper was also tanking and didn't even have damage shields up, so with only his weapon he outdamaged me every single mob.
    Now I wouldn't mind having that damage if I had also been calming/rooting mobs all the time to keep the raid safe, but I wasn't.

Oh yea, we got calm and root ability back for SL, so now we're the best crowd controllers, leaving traders and crats in the dust, so one might say that for that, our damage is pretty good as I tend to OD 220 traders by at least 100%, though crats at 220 with the 220 pet can easily do 50% more damage than me, but of course, their calms aren't as good
    I don't know if the roles have changed or what the hell is supposed to happen, but at any rate, they're working on some defensive upgrades for NTs, but won't say what or when. Not going live with 16.2 at any rate.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

*waves*

Since you've a Mage in WoW... I'll just point you here for a giggle...

And no, still waiting to see what FC have in store for NTs... the new calms helped a little for teams, but the other stuff is less useful (the roots feel too slow, and the NR debuff nukes got their range nerfed into uselessness... and were then largely made redundant by the new calms and roots anyway).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane
    and the NR debuff nukes got their range nerfed into uselessness... and were then largely made redundant by the new calms and roots anyway).
    Well, you can get them up to the cap if you want, but their usefulnes lies almost solely in pvp for landing perks.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yes Phinger even with all your input as a professional we still have gotten very little that is actually usefull.. Sure the calms are nice but really lose value at higher levels when teams don't need calms as much for missions - teams want damage and we still don't get as many teams as a dd. They are too afraid to give us damage so they claim they are going to improve our defenses.... but it will probably be by a small amount like 5% just like AI dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Seeing this is a nice lot of hawt Nts. ( and I do mean that from the buttom of my everlost wang)
    Meeee luuuve NTs long hard time.
    *me runs away*
    = Clan Storm Meatshield =

Oddgrim - lvl220 AI:30|LE:70-Enforcer |- Teh Bat-trox! : Equipment
    Kilmeister -lvl220 AI:23|LE:70-Soldier |- Cannonfodder! : Equipment
    Art gallery
    Ao wallpapers

hai2u

nt ftw ^^
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

. . .
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

yeah mages in wow have to have two items(trinkets) to be on par with a lot of classes that have been given a big ramp up in power. PLus you have mudflation with equipment.

Mages in wow been pretty good from beta....but they lagging. We are the last class to get a update/review cause we have been so pretty evenly balanced....but its wearing thin.

Personally I dont have a any major problems....bugs are annoying like our "blink"spell not transporting you 20 yards and sometimes just catches on terrain and you blink backwards to the spot you started the blink. And its getting to the point in game where mages just stack a crapload of +damage gear( my current stack of + damage gear takes my top frostbolt from 470-500 normal to 1500-1600 normal) get the 2 trinkets(very hard to get) and build a certain talent tree which makes you basically one shot anyone in game for 15 seconds every 3 mins. Hehe its pretty disgusting when u wipe 3 players of the same level out in 15 seconds. And AOEs are are a lot of fun. World pvp or Battleground(canned Pvp aka cap the flag, hold nodes or just plain a battle in a valley) Mages still end up in the top region of killers.

But overall its hellish better than a NT in AO. Hell I can crit a nuke......and man is that fun getting a crit.

Phinger
    Level 220 Nanotech

Hey Phinger, glad to hear that you're enjoying yourself over there in WoW.

I wish us (active) NT's could report similiar success
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.