Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Learn How To Spell Organization!!

Originally posted by hobbes
    Please understand that there are considerate and intelligent people in America.
    Never had any doubt about it
    Splatmaker

Proud Ragnarok member

Splatmaker -- Enforcer
    Darquan --Soldier (Retired)

"Stop wasting air on my planet" - Meetloaf
    "Aman skattadu wattaman skattadu" - Anonymous crazy little trader

hehe

Hobbes, we all know that. I know quite a few americans, heck a large part of my relatives live in the US. Most of them are really nice, beautiful, smart people (of course they are, they have some genes in common with me, y'know?)

I agree completely with you, most people are idiots, regardless of what nation they live in. It's just kinda fun to prod citizens of the US a bit, since they usually react with an emotional outburst, which is wide open to a calm, factual response.

It's just fun to tease.

Back to business... what about sex? How can that be provoking?
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

To sum up this entire thread in a few sentences...

Almost everyone hates someone or something.

Some people hate everyone and/or everything.

Everyone believes in something.

Everyone believes that their beliefs are the right ones.

Does that about cover it?

Hmm how about men/women are the better sex because....... (insert arguemnts for your gender of choice here)

Could get things going

As for America winning WW2 I don't think they did, they were just too far away to be directly affected, had the advantage of being totaly self sufiecient and gave us Brits some stuff. I think you will find it was the Russians got to Berlin first.

Who was it the USA called when they found that Delta Force couldn't cut the mustard for a mission in Afganhistan (probably spelt wrong but hey not slept yet) was it the SAS I think it was.
    America is like a young child with lots of big shiny toys, it just wants to play with them but keeps hitting their friends and them selves by mistake

Like other people have said individuals are ok it's people that are stupid.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

To my friends worldwide,

Certain people are trying to anger you with the standard "America is #1, screw you, antagonism"

I am sorry that the people that represent my country on this forum represent it so poorly.

Most Americans are idiots, most people everywhere are idiots, too. Please ignore them.

To me it is obvious that critical thinkers are similar, despite their country of origin, and we should unite. That is why I like a world-wide game and forum. To break down the walls of ignorance.

To my European friends, my apologies for the idiots who represent my country. Please understand that there are considerate and intelligent people in America.
    Does inconsiderate and intelligent count?

Re: Re: Learn How To Spell Organization!!

Originally posted by ReelBigFish

you are aware that path finding is still a largely experimental area in artificial intelligence? there is no right answer, or perfect algorithm / technique.

any search algorithm can get stuck in local minima, any search algorithm can screw up. what you are asking here is that the programmer in charge of pet pathing design a perfect method for calculating minimal cost paths from point a to point b through a graph repressentation with many nodes and edges, using limited proccessor power. i dont think that many people would be capable of doing that perfectly, and some errors are expected.

im not saying that the pathing is fine, i think it could be improved dramastically, but its not as easy as you make out.
    Yes I am aware that This AI thing is "experimental" However...Having played since beta..left and then came back..I have seen that they know very well how to do it. Just look at the mobs They have NO trouble chasing you from one end of the mission to the other, heck they even shoot through the walls, these missions are not that hard to path, there are no stairs, lower or upper levels it's one dimensional. simple blocks added together. What angers me most is when my pet gets stuck on a friggin CAMP FIRE CIRCLE or TABLE or DOOR archway..there is NO excuse for it. Ever fly over a zone and see 100+ mobs packed into a corner? I have. this is not my first game, DAOC, EQ, AC have FAR FAR FAR FAR better outdoor, indoor AI it can be done and done right..and I am not even going to touch the lag comparision

As for the Spelling issue...when I log onto AO, I am not going to Norway.. the servers are here the message borad server is here I am billed here in the US. This site is here in the US.... in English. I never said America is/was better than any other country thats not my place, but if your going to do business here in the US, the correct spelling is as I stated ORGANIZATION.
    Last edited by Notintheface; May 22nd, 2002 at 01:36:23.

Originally posted by FeloniousPunk
    Actually, I believe America is the only English speaking country that spells organization with a z. Everyone else uses the s.

So embarrassing to flame someone for spelling and grammar and have it blow right back in your face.

The site you just posted this reply on IS IN THE US..my spelling post stands. Where the heck do you think this message board server is located? Or the the Main AO site, Norway? They may upload from Oslo but where do you think RK1, RK2 are located?? THE US where do you think the New German Dimension is located the US?... Wrong!.. Europe, so they can spell ORGANIZATION any freaking way they want there, here there is no S....oh wait...nm you didnt.
    Last edited by Notintheface; May 22nd, 2002 at 01:38:46.

Did any of you realize (or realise) that the intial poster was just frustrated. That is why the forum is here. Sometimes we get pissed off and come here to blow of some steam. He probably just lost a lot of xp or something. I think some responses demonstrate more about the issues of the responders than the original poster. Notice how he has disappeared, now that his sanity has returned.

As for Funcoms knowledge of American English, I think they should be credited for the some of the monster names: Anun tearer (terror), I like that subtlety.

Look through the words to the meaning or intention. Notice how the my country is better than your leads to nothing but bickering and separatism. I want this avenue of communication to break down ignorance, not perpetuate it. See also:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=17747

As an individual, I am a little hurt by the bashing of America, because I wonder how outsiders can judge me. But I am aware enough to realize that our government and industries exert influences outside our country, that we as average US citizens, have no idea. So I understand the anger or resentment others have for this. They really aren't judging you or me, but the part of America they see.

On the other hand, when I was in France, they were very rude to me. I really could care less, as I knew I held the trump card. They could abuse me as they saw fit, but I knew I was going to return to the most powerful country in the world and they could keep sucking on their sour grapes.

Oh well, look at me ramble on. Sorry.

To the original poster: After a rant like that, I think Funcom would rather hit you in the ballz, not the face.

Now here is a person who understood the post for what it was...and a Hearty hand shake to you! Most just went way off the deep end but hey its fun to see how many different TOTALLY unrelated and stupid topics people will spin off the subject.

Originally posted by Nazz
    Bah get over yourself depending on which English speaking country you come from there is a S in organisation. Don't believe me go check out http://w
    ww.dictionary.com/search?q=organisation

The site you just posted this reply on IS IN THE US..my spelling post stands. Where the heck do you think this message board server is located? Or the the Main AO site, Norway? They may upload from Oslo but where do you think RK1, RK2 are located?? THE US where do you think the New German Dimension is located the US?... Wrong!.. Europe, so they can spell ORGANIZATION any freaking way they want there, here there is no S....oh wait...nm you didnt.

Originally posted by ReelBigFish

one of the "big six"

islam, hinduism, sikhism, buddism (tau / zen / whatever), christianity, and paganism (all subsets, wikan, white, etc, etc).

thats how i define major.
    and eight million hindus can disagree with me, i still think islam is the best major religion.
    Best is subjective and I have no argument over that. I was just confused by the fact you stated it was because they advocate learning and a peaceful attitude. When among the big six there are religions that hold those virtues higher and truer. If those were the only two characteristics one judged a religion by it would be dificult rank Islam and Christianity high on this list. Eastern religions have held them closer and have done a better job standing by those beliefs.

Hey Smartguy...

To Mr. Know-It-All American Hero:

Guess who saved our ass in the Revolutionary War?

The French. (Of course, they did it more because they were at odds with the British but a save is a save is a save.)

So next time you go around shooting your mouth off about American "superiority" don't forget to add "Vive le France!" at the end of your elitist tirades.

Swerve

And meanwhile, France is the country that surrendered to Hitler in approximately 10 minutes. I wonder who saved their asses then. Actually, I don't.

Vive la France!

Red face

you are aware that path finding is still a largely experimental area in artificial intelligence? there is no right answer, or perfect algorithm / technique.

any search algorithm can get stuck in local minima, any search algorithm can screw up. what you are asking here is that the programmer in charge of pet pathing design a perfect method for calculating minimal cost paths from point a to point b through a graph repressentation with many nodes and edges, using limited proccessor power. i dont think that many people would be capable of doing that perfectly, and some errors are expected.

im not saying that the pathing is fine, i think it could be improved dramastically, but its not as easy as you make out.
    Unreal Tournemnt's BOT's get around quite well
    Heck, truely they could clamp down a Bot to a Metal Track that its
    forced to follow inside missions.

Presto, no path problems

the unreal bots are good, but theyve got more processor time to dedicate to them, there are normally what? 8 bots in a game at most, as opposed to 30 mobs in a mission, being run on a server that is also doing god knows how many other missions...

oh, and notintheface, teh mobs warping to you stinks of workaround, pity they havent done the same to pets (cant shoot through walls, etc), and as the people who make the game are european, i think that its reasonable for them to spell things ina european way.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Learn how to focus on substance, not form

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345