Thread: How New Are the Resurrection Booths?

Question How New Are the Resurrection Booths?

In Prophet Without Honor, people are terrified of dying in battle, and it's also portrayed as a big tragedy when your team-mates get killed. This includes battles as recently, in game time, as a couple of years ago.

What, didn't they have resurrection booths and insurance terminals then?

Talking It may seem odd, but

It may seem odd, but they have 80K worth of unsaved XP when they go into battle.
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Even when you 'come back', hey, dying HURTS, yaknow.

It's not something to want to happen.

However, the book is a story, while we're playing a game.

The game wouldn't go very far if you died forever when you got killed, would it?

The 'real' Rubi-Ka might not have insurance, etc. Or it might only be available to high level corps, or something.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when readint the book. I think it's just one of the times where you have to realize that the Res. Booths would just make the book boring. But at the same time, without them, the game would be ridiculous.

I just told myself that most people on RK don't have access to the terminals, but we're all lucky enough to have access. Or something like that...

It's kinda like the whole Star Trek Klingon forehead fiasco. You just gotta suspend your disbelief and realize this is one of the times where a business decision took precedence over continuity.

Am I making any sense?