Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars - Episode II

Star Wars - Episode II

OH MY GOD...

Just wanted to be the first to say it.

I tried to go to the Midnight showing last night but was sold out before I could get tickets. I reserved a pair for Friday night though.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

I just came back from seeing it, 3AM Est, Thursday Morning.First half sucked because I fell asleep, after that it was rather nice.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

I'm going to see it in a few hours, I hope that it's better than Episode I.

It looks pretty damn cool from all the trailers I have seen.
    Rippler - Legend

Well, I went to see it last night.

And from a scale of 1 to 5, it would definately get a 5.

A really kick ass movie. Beats Episode I by far.
    Rippler - Legend

I really liked that movie!
    The best part was Yoda's LightSaber battle
    aje!

Absolutely!

Originally posted by doma
    I really liked that movie!
    The best part was Yoda's LightSaber battle
    aje!
    Without Yoda's ass-kicking at the end, the movie would have been weaker than Episode I (which is saying something). Personally, I nearly gagged from Hayden Christensen's angst-ridden teen-punk bit. However, Yoda was SOOOOOO cool, it made up for all the other issues.

*sigh*

Ep. II was good, BUT - I just could not deal with Anakin's attitude. I sat through the entire movie saying stuff in my head like "What the heck is she thinking?" Was Anakin really the best she could've done?

I think Lucas tried to stuff TOO much into the movie, and while a lot of my questions were answered about the original 3 movies, Episode 2 left me empty. We left the movie theatre unsatisfied...something was missing.

Not, don't get me wrong, it was a good film. The imagery alone was so amazing I spent a lot of the movie just looking around and going "Wow! Look at that!" Otherwise, can't wait to see what happens in EP3.

In the meanwhile - anyone see The Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions trailer?
    ----<---@
    Misura
    Engineer
    Rubi-Ka2

I think Anakin's attitude was to show that he was starting down the path of the Dark side.
    next episode should see him become the Sith Lord Darth Vader we all know and love
    MP lvl 139 Mysticknight

Anakin was a punk

The movie would have been great if anyone but the Muppet knew how to act. Whenever they cut to a romance scene i wanted to shoot myself. Hayden Christisan was absolutly terrible in the role and Natalie Portman wasn't much better. I don't know where Lucas digs these suckers up, because they really do suck.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

I thought Hayden's performance was outstanding. He was BY FAR the best actor in that movie. The part where he came back from slaughtering the Tuskens made me shudder (in a good way :P ). You could just feel him going insane trying to fight his emotions.

I think allot of the criticism about Hayden's acting doesn't come from his ability, but from the way Anakin's character has developed.

NP was a little rough, but hell, you can forgive a fine chick for almost anything.

I loved the entire movie. However, the Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan battle was still better (and longer) than the battles in EPII IMHO.

Joseph
    Last edited by WhistlinJoe; May 23rd, 2002 at 16:21:07.
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

Next time watch the movie sober and not on drugs

I'm actually stunned you just said that. Not only are you the first person NOT to say that a chainsaw in the arse wasn't fundamentally deserved for his horrible performance but you actually complimented it.

Ugh. It makes my brain hurt.

For the non-drug induced audience, Hayden was So-God awedul you'll be praying he turns into Vader just so you can get James Earl Jones back.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

baaaaaahh !!!

What can I say ?!! When I left the cinema, i thought "damn, i won't get this SWG game ! the magic flee away forever" ! Whazzat ? Whaazzat Fu**ing romance ???!!
    A tips : don't do the queue for seeing it, come at about 1h after the beggining, then the film will be interesting maybe... Really, the actors sucks terribly ! Hanakin SUCKS BADDDDLY ! Baaaah ! Only puppet where perfect, and Kenobi wasn't bad. Da' girl was not as bad as Hannakin, but she was bad however !

Crappy actors, for a crappy romance.... Love's declaration was a monologue, aka in 14e century, "I love you since the first time we meet all my blood boil when i see ya...blablabla.....blablabla" beurk, at least 30 minutes of these stupid talks !

As an original fan of the serie.... i'm really sad
    Clearly, I will boycott SWG and Lucas for their Commercial tries ! First episode was bugged with JarJar' the clown and the second episode is bugged with a stupid romance !

Erf, ok just go see and have your own opinion, and then tell me if i'm wrong or what...

/me praying for a 3rd episode at least better than the 2 first...

Re: Next time watch the movie sober and not on drugs

Originally posted by Thugdoom
    I'm actually stunned you just said that. Not only are you the first person NOT to say that a chainsaw in the arse wasn't fundamentally deserved for his horrible performance but you actually complimented it.

Ugh. It makes my brain hurt.

For the non-drug induced audience, Hayden was So-God awedul you'll be praying he turns into Vader just so you can get James Earl Jones back.
    Heh...please forgive me for not sayin what you wanted to hear.
    He was awesome. Why should my opinion bother you? Yours definatly doesn't bother me. It cracks me up when people compare the new ones to the old ones and start talkin about acting.

"But I was goin to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" enough said.
    |-o-| (=0=) |-o-|

I'm not upset

Why would you think I'm upset? Just stunned.

I'm not comparing him to any of the old movies.

There's nothing short of a an early 70's stallone I could compare him to to make his performance a good one.

In all seriousness, if not for some really bad dialogue and the fact that Hayden and to an extent Portman acted like wood logs floating in a pool the movie would have been great. The screenplay was the first thing that needed some work.
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP

Talking ep2

Over all it was a great movie, yes the love scenes sucked, but the whole time you have to put up with that it switchs back and forth between that and obi tracking down jango.

I think the fight scenes were alot better in ep2, just not enough of them. Like when obi 1st fought jango, and then when mace got ahold of him (you could just hear him thinking "I'm F***ed" when mace finished him off). And yodas fight omg, I think we know who trained jet lee to fight now (j/k).

I really liked how the story of the star wars universe was thickened in the movie, it answered alot of Qes. Like when the star distroyer blew up in a new hope, made me wonder how did the empire get up a army so fast (I know I wouldnt work for them after hearing 1 mil employees blew up) in empire strikes back. And now we know alittle bit more about boba fetts past. Hopefully in E3 we will see alot more of boba and learn how he got his rep of fear.

I could go on and on about all the little things that the movie brought forth, but I'm not. To me the movie wasn't just about actors and fight scenes, but seeing what made star wars happen.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Anakin: We've come to rescue you, Master.
    Obi-wan: Good job!

That was the best scene of the whole movie. Other than that, awesome visual effect, good story, but URG! Could they have acted worse! Everyone was trying so hard to produce just the right expression. Nothing flows. Most of the time, I was sitting there, struggling with the crew: "Come on! You can do it!" They might have done the right thing if it were a stage play or an opera. For a motion picture, the acting is aweful. If you don't believe me, just watch another average movie and see if they pause before the right expression comes out.

However, I think the problem is more on the directing part though.
    Janella "Zindi" Catt
    Trader, Rubi-Ka 2

Ummm, out of curiosity.. why do people b*tch so much?

I personally believed the movie was THE best Star Wars to be ever viewed by the public! If you DARE complain about any of the romance, and then go on to say that you loved 'The Empire Strikes Back' or 'The Return of the Jedi' then you are basicaly contradicting yourselves very badly - considering all the Han Solo/Princess Leia action going on in those particuliar films.

Anakin (Without an 'H') did a fine job acting his part, and so did Amidala - a lot of people fail to comprehend the fact that if any one of their lines seem 'corny' or 'badly-acted,' it's not the actor's fault! It's the script - a 'star wars' script at that. If ANY of you claim Mark Hamil (aka Luke Skywalker) did a better job acting then our beloved soon-to-be-Darth-Vader -- then i shall shed a tear for you in pity. Think back to those days folks - the original Star Wars wasn't that big of a masterpiece to behold, save for Harrison Ford's role, and a few seconds of 'breath-taking' graphic scenes. (That trench-flying scene with the X-Wing awed those drugged-out 70's hippies.)

Now in closing, Star Wars Episode II is far superior in terms of acting, graphics, and 'coolness' (c'mon! The Yoda-lightsaber scene?!?!) compared to ANY Star Wars film out there, and I dare you to say otherwise!

[NOTE : Please folks - I don't literally 'dare' you, and ease up on the flaming - I'm sensitive you know!]

ok in the movie the love sceens bit the big one. The book they were alot better ,and made a whole lot more sence. The whole movie is better if you read the book. R. A. Salvatore wrote it and its in hardback.

One thing if Drizzt saw Annie Duel weilding. He would of stood up and said "Boy your doing it all wrong", and then Funcom would nerf It.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast