Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I'm better than you.

I'm a Ganker, Im a Ganker It does me good like it bloody well should ima Ganka, im a ganka and im always Zonin' in m0rt

abid dude you stopped msging me for groups!!

i just got my druid 60 in eq, so going to start leveling again, lets get together hehe

bah @ titles

yer yer ill be a neowhatyamacallit soon enough, but its not going to change the way i play.

so.. much.. text... i'll have to come back to this post later
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

Right on Abid. 100% agreed.

Title is something you value because it's something not everyone has. But before we all start clamouring after title we should understand exactly what it means.

Noer mentioned that it seems to be patterned after the title system that chess players use, and this seems reasonable to me. However, there is one large difference between a chess player and a PvPer, and that is that you can not run away from a chess match. If you run away from chess it is considered a loss. In PvP to run away means you have a draw. Because of this detail, there is a vast difference between a chess title and a PvP title.

In chess you have to be very good and consistently good to keep a title.

In PvP you have to be a chicken to keep a title. More to the point you have to be a very good and consistently good chicken.

Don't get me wrong, there is some skill asociated with being the ultimate chicken. Not everyone can be so ultimately and effortlessly chicken, and only the elite chickens rise to the top in this game. For a humble player like myself there is very little chance of me ever being able to compete with their Chicken-highnesses Syrah and Angelicnova and so sadly i am forced to make due with a lesser chicken-title - say Gosling would be apt.

It's funny how such a minor difference of being able to quit a match creates such a huge difference in the meaning of these titles.

As fo you Abid, my congrats. The title of 'pretty-good-chicken' really didn't fit on you anyway, so it's better than you leave it off. Let them sport their beaks and feathers and think that makes them kings of the game. Fact is they are running and you are standing in a deserted field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12