Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dual Weilding has **NO** advantage! Funcom's MR changes ruined dual weilding!

if it didn't suck we'd see people using dual weapons for more than appearance purposes.

apparently FC thinks RK humans were enhanced, but not in the direction of being able to concentrate on both of the arms at the same time. for some reason we've also lost the ability to use a sword and gun at the same time.

K guys... things are starting to scare me.

Look I like this game too but really...

you guys need girlfriends or something. Go OUTSIDE!! Waterski, do something. SHAVE!!! Do you remember what it is like to be outside? open your door!
    Razteryne

July 2001
    Over 3 years of gimpness.

Re: K guys... things are starting to scare me.

Originally posted by Laz
    Look I like this game too but really...

you guys need girlfriends or something. Go OUTSIDE!! Waterski, do something. SHAVE!!! Do you remember what it is like to be outside? open your door!
    And what point are you trying to prove? Or rather, let me ask you this?

Do you know that we dont have a girlfriend? If you say yes, you are lying.

Do you know we aren't active outside? If you say yes, you are lying.

Do you know we don't shave? If you say yes, you are lying.

The fact is you are basing this entire post off of a stereotype or some pre-imagined image of a person who would know a lot about a game. You need to grow up a little buddy. I have a girlfriend, I am clean shaven and have a nice tan. I am rarely, if ever at home. When I am online, I either stand around and do nothing, or I exp as fast as humanly possible for about the hour and a half I have free to play. I have 2 jobs and go to school. I type extremely fast and think on my feet.

Trust me, this isn't my life. And you don't know me.

Damn right man, i play AO when theres nothing else to do. If my friends are having a keg or something id rather go there. Or if everyone is gathering for a session id rather do that, or go to work.

AO is just something to do when theres nothing else.
    Boltgrinder 200 (No Longer Rising!) enforcer. General of Mercenaries of Kai. Dream Setup Current Setup
    CamelLights 62 Nano Technician, To much MC for my own good.

Razi Quote until i change it!

Razi-Away: If you have a doctrine of loving cuddly bears, it means you will go out and love cuddly bears. If you have a philosophy of loving cuddly bears, it means you just love them. It works the same, only replacing "love" with "hate", "cuddly" with a cuss word, and "bears" with a minority of your choice.

Post It was a joke dude chill

Ok man ****, take it easy I was just playing around everone deserves to laugh at something once a day. If I laugh at a comment that I made myself then so be it. Can't believe your being so anal about a GAME forum comment. What the moral of my comment was is there is a little too much time on certain peeps hands. But I have no room to talk, but it was all in fun.
    Razteryne

July 2001
    Over 3 years of gimpness.

Re: It was a joke dude chill

Originally posted by Laz
    Ok man ****, take it easy I was just playing around everone deserves to laugh at something once a day. If I laugh at a comment that I made myself then so be it. Can't believe your being so anal about a GAME forum comment. What the moral of my comment was is there is a little too much time on certain peeps hands. But I have no room to talk, but it was all in fun.
    So I suppose your fun is in putting down other people? Maybe you are trying to deny a part of yourself. Don't bring it here. There may be actual factual discussions here, but theres no room for morons like you to come an insult people so you can be happy and possibly at somebody elses expense. Inconsiderate fool.

ALRIGHT FC! WHY DONT YOU TELL US JUST HOW RANDOM AND UNBALANCED THESE RULES REALLY ARE??

Or are you just not going to say anything and hope we keep believing that maybe there is some trick to it somewhere, that the programmers actually had a plan. That you wouldnt nerf a whole line of weapons just because a large part of the people playing the game who didnt even use them told you to, unless you had some plan that would make them useful if used in just the right way? Yeah right!

I made several testings who could interest some of you.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=27976
    Last edited by Zuh; Jun 2nd, 2002 at 19:56:50.

Statistical tests

Hi!

For fun (yeah, I know, I know), I applied a statistical test used to see if arithmetical averages are sufficiently different as to be significant (on a 5% level).

I could only do these on the test by Tetra since he posted the numbers. The results are that neither the 200ish nor the 400ish series of tests show a large enough difference in average to varant the conclusion that the dual wielding damage is higher (on average) than single wielding.

In the second series (the 400 one), it isn't actually that far off. The means are 335,9 and 350, 3 - i.e. the difference is 14,4 points. To be significant, the difference in the averages had to be 21 points or larger. As the numbers stand now, there is about a 20% chance that the averages are different because of random noise. I won't bother to calculate the exact chance.

Executive version: There is a good chance the difference in averages in Tetra's numbers are random. This does not mean that you can conclude that the averages are equal either, though. So in short, this proves nothing either way. Thank you all for letting me once again prove the usefulness of scientific method .

(This test was done using the assumption that averages in damage distributions follow the normal Gaussian curve, although this is not entierly true since the chance of crits throws this off.)

So, Tetra just needs to shoot about 1,000 times instead. =)

-Jayde

Tetra's tests are not even accurate to be able to see a damage variation.

You can calculate your exact damage modifier on weapon by using a CritDamage test. Go on leet in backyard, score a critical. Your normal damage is calculated by : (1+ATK/400)*(MaxDamage+CritDamage).

A lower result than your normal damage means you are doing less damage off-hand than main-hand. I did the test, there is no damage variation.

Tetra's is writing thousands of numbers for nothing.

Duh! We knew that with the multi-wield nerf when FFAs were taken away. What was that? 10 months ago?
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234