Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual Weilding has **NO** advantage! Funcom's MR changes ruined dual weilding!

Originally posted by KKrylon
    God I want FA's again

I guess this Desert Reet will do until Funcom realizes their mistake..

READ - FOREVER
    If you dont miss the buffs FAS give, and can deal with higher costs and multi reqs, El Diablos do the same damage they did. The lag from the gun is terrible tho.

El Diablo's do the same damage?

Are you sure about that? I tried using them around lvl 50 and they seemed S H I T T Y

PSssst....
    a little secret I found out.....wear a battle suit while duel weilding pistols and you WILL shoot twice as fast (fire each weapon twice each round) also theres no attack dealy with the animation & the attack bars because the battle suits can't animate with the weapons in hand

Only draw back is...you take a big loss in your evades. so you get thumped pretty hard.

I havn't tried this out with tank armor yet, but as soon as I get some I'll let you know if it holds to the same effect as the battle suit.

One other thing, these are the pistols I'm weilding, as I'm not quite level 50 yet...soon though.

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=123101

http://antiguardians.org/itemdb.php?cmd=view&id=123797
    Last edited by spaztic; May 24th, 2002 at 14:14:14.

You also take a huge hit on your nano costs, which is a major problem for us adventurers

Thumbs down

Yuck, no bracers. Might as well be no nanos.

Two decent projectile bracers and a decent soldier/engy buff, you can out-tank your tank with two-thirds of the mission mobs.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by KKrylon
    El Diablo's do the same damage?

Are you sure about that? I tried using them around lvl 50 and they seemed S H I T T Y
    Freedom Arms 3927 G2 does 26-194 (650) - fire ac

Premium El Diablo does 19-220 (625) - fire ac

Actually, the El Diablo is a little faster, but it's also 66% Ranged Energy.

FA's used ranged energy too... No matter which you use you are going to want to max ranged energy...

The difference is that diablo uses shotgun instead of pistol.

I want the sparkling back

I want the return of the Sparkling Freedom Arms, or even better a Freedom Arms with the regs of the G2 and the crit of the old Sparkling....To heck with game balance

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    FA's used ranged energy too... No matter which you use you are going to want to max ranged energy...

The difference is that diablo uses shotgun instead of pistol.
    Actually, there is a difference.

Freedom arms were 66% Pistol, 33% Ranged En.

El Diablos are 66% Ranged En, 33% Shotgun.

This proves to be a problem for most Caster professions because they have 3 Ranged En and 4 Pistol and 4 Shotgun.

I have a FA 4200 on RK1, crits are lower than the original FAs & MR are higher, it isn't any better than any other pistol

Btw, I haven't heard of many other ppl with FA 4200s, are they really rare or are ppl just selling em to shop terms ( I would too, only ive only ever found one, so im keeping it as a novelty)
    RK1:
    Quindillar 202 Sol
    Chaver 206 MA
    Couladjinn 172 NT
    Quinjr 152 Trader
    Hardforce 150 Enf

Legion

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Actually, there is a difference.

Freedom arms were 66% Pistol, 33% Ranged En.

El Diablos are 66% Ranged En, 33% Shotgun.

This proves to be a problem for most Caster professions because they have 3 Ranged En and 4 Pistol and 4 Shotgun.
    I'm aware of that.

I'm saying that I would max both attack skills anyway, regardless of their percentage, so my hit to attack skill should be minimal.

Originally posted by Couladjinn
    I have a FA 4200 on RK1, crits are lower than the original FAs & MR are higher, it isn't any better than any other pistol

Btw, I haven't heard of many other ppl with FA 4200s, are they really rare or are ppl just selling em to shop terms ( I would too, only ive only ever found one, so im keeping it as a novelty)
    In my 62 levels as an MA and my 49 levels as an Adventurer, I have -never- seen one. Maybe they're just -that- rare.

Are they the same as the old FAs? I don't mean damage wise... I mean in looks/sound effects. That's the only reason I want the old FAs back

I have a ql 1 of the old freedom arms on rk1

Wonder how much someone would pay just for the novalty...
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

I have a pack full of Freedom Arms 3927's ranging from QL1 to QL45. They're GREAT weapons for newbies but even the QL45 ones are starting to look pretty lukewarm compared to other weapons. Only a 7 round clip. They took them out of the game because they were good weapons for newbies so stupid people decided they were permanently overpowered and whined and whined until they got removed.

I personally believe that FC should just eliminate the multi weild/range skill completely and just let anyone multi weild if they have a weapon they can stick in their offhand. Either that or SEVERELY upgrade the damage potential of 1h weapons or make multi weild attack more often. They obviously aren't interested at all in fixing their pathetically broken damage-->AC mitigation formulas.

Dual weilding doesn't even remotely compare to the damage of 2H weapons, AND you are crippled vs. high AC targets AND damage shields do 5-10x more damage on dual weilders than most other weapon types. It's stupid. I can equip a sledge or a rifle that only takes IP in 3 skills to equip and do sick damage or a equip a dual weilding weapon that takes IP in 5-9 skills including multi weild and do less damage. WOW FUNCOM YOU GUYS ARE REALLY CLEVER!

OK for one, lets not be idiots here, even simple mathematics and equations impairs everyones judgement. I can tell you honestly now, just becuase the numbers match does not mean it doubles your speed. If it did, logistics would not make proper sense.
    In order yo double your shooting power, you would have to shoot with both guns simaltaneously ( at the same time).
    But the fact is, is that there is more that 1 or 2 factors to account for when contriuting to this. You have to take in to account that you shoot one gun, than you shoot the other, you gotta take into accont the ranged intiative that you have, which speeds your attack up but leaves your recharge time alone, then you have to take into account the speed at which you opponet is attacking at.
    Here is an example.......

Player A Dual wieldssame ql pistols with speed and recharge of...
    1.15 sec Attack and 1.35 Recharge

Player B is using a single weopon with...
    2.5 sec atack with a 2.5 recharge

now if player A's attack speed is half that of Player B's. So player A can get in 2 shots with the first wepeon fired before Player B gets his hit....so it would look something like this....

Player A hit Player B for 100 points of Projectile Damage
    Player A hit Player B for 89 points of projectile Damage
    Player A hit Player B for 93 points of projectile damage
    Player B hit Player A for 132 points of porjectile damage

And the starting hand in between atatcks would rotate so player A may have started with hand, but after Player B attacks it will switcxh to his left hand that aftere B hits again to his right....its all alternating.
    I hope this enlightens everyones senses on how this works, as it completly asnd totaly makes perfectly logical sense

Originally posted by Nycon
    OK for one, lets not be idiots here, even simple mathematics and equations impairs everyones judgement. I can tell you honestly now, just becuase the numbers match does not mean it doubles your speed. If it did, logistics would not make proper sense.
    In order yo double your shooting power, you would have to shoot with both guns simaltaneously ( at the same time).
    But the fact is, is that there is more that 1 or 2 factors to account for when contriuting to this. You have to take in to account that you shoot one gun, than you shoot the other, you gotta take into accont the ranged intiative that you have, which speeds your attack up but leaves your recharge time alone, then you have to take into account the speed at which you opponet is attacking at.
    Here is an example.......

Player A Dual wieldssame ql pistols with speed and recharge of...
    1.15 sec Attack and 1.35 Recharge

Player B is using a single weopon with...
    2.5 sec atack with a 2.5 recharge

now if player A's attack speed is half that of Player B's. So player A can get in 2 shots with the first wepeon fired before Player B gets his hit....so it would look something like this....

And the starting hand in between atatcks would rotate so player A may have started with hand, but after Player B attacks it will switcxh to his left hand that aftere B hits again to his right....its all alternating.
    I hope this enlightens everyones senses on how this works, as it completly asnd totaly makes perfectly logical sense
    You're falling into a trap of "what works on paper" and it doesnt work in game like that. I suggest you read the post in the Game Mechanics forum linked below. It's the same post, but with much more in depth study of how dual weilding works.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=25571

LOL - Mor the Attorney for the Gods of FunCom

Originally posted by Mor

Of course I do, I just believe it's a bunch of BS that's all.

I tried to solo some mobs with and without duel wield. With it I could, without it I couldnt. It does help ALOT with damage over time. Case closed.
    LOL Look at me! I am Mor. When I say something it ends the discussion. When I do something it works.. period. That is all that needs to be said. Shut down the forums, send any questions / comments to me so I can say, "case closed."

/sarcasm off

Talking AHHH there itis!

*Shoves this post up the board*

This is the famous post, which I have been talking about.
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Re: LOL - Mor the Attorney for the Gods of FunCom

Originally posted by Ahura Mazda

LOL Look at me! I am Mor. When I say something it ends the discussion. When I do something it works.. period. That is all that needs to be said. Shut down the forums, send any questions / comments to me so I can say, "case closed."

/sarcasm off
    Read the last line in my sig it pretty much describes Mor a self serving I know it all you know nothing fanboy =) and yes Mor your still on forum ignore.

Re: Re: LOL - Mor the Attorney for the Gods of FunCom

Originally posted by Serena

Read the last line in my sig it pretty much describes Mor a self serving I know it all you know nothing fanboy =) and yes Mor your still on forum ignore.
    YEAH! I know. lol

(Mor if ur reading this, then u know now, how I felt about ur response on the other thread where u also said "Yes -I know")
    @-----}----,---'------------
    For Ragnar Tornquist, the Visionaer.

--==(( Natelie ))==--
    Martial Artist, RK1.
    Member of the Sentinals

--==(( Kaydra ))==--
    N00b, but HardCore Fixer, RK1.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast