Thread: Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-1

Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-1

Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-1
    Christina Mesley

Omni-1 Entertainment District -- (OTPC) -- March 19, 29478. A peaceful Friday evening in Omni-1 was shattered by an attack by the terrorist Dust Brigade, resulting in the death of dozens of Omni-Tek employees.

This attack took place in the vicinity of the eastern grid terminal in Omni-1's fabled Entertainment District, in the shadow of the corporate building complex that was leveled by the Dust Brigade bombing on December 19, 29475. A total of five Dust Brigade operatives were involved, all chanting "Ashes to ashes" and "Dust to dust".

Initially, the area was relatively devoid of Omni-Tek personnel. The only employee at the grid terminal was Vlaad "Frostbeard" Biggut, a member of Obsidian Order. Mr. Biggut stood mightily in the face of the terrorists, but was killed after a valiant battle. Shortly thereafter, word of the attack spread through Omni-Tek's communications networks, and a general alarm and call to arms summoned all available employees to help defend against the attack. More than fifty citizens joined the battle at its peak.

Thankfully, while dozens of Omni-Tek citizens were murdered by the Dust Brigade operatives, all were insured and reclaimed properly, an indication that the life-scattering technologies which the Dust Brigade is known to posses were not used. In the end, after a thirty-minute battle, Omni-Tek forces proved victorious.
    However, in what may be a sign that the Dust Brigade may be planning future attacks, one of the terrorists was heard shouting "You will never survive what's coming! We are only five. There will be more.". Another was overheard during the battle saying, "This is nothing compared to what is to come!".

After the attack, several dozen Omni-Tek employees gathered at Rompa Bar in Omni-1 Entertainment District, at the insistence of Director "Eternalforce" Craddock of Omni-InternOps Division 3.

"Many citizens gave their lives, and Omni-Tek thanks them for their sacrifice." Eternalforce began. "What are their motives? What are they after? Their technology is far superior to our own."

The Dust Brigade has not been seen in Omni-1 for quite some time, confining their activities to neutral territories and the Perpetual Wastes region of Rubi-Ka. One Omni-Tek employee, Cathryn "Ethereil" Saar speculated that this offensive might have been "Motivated by the recent accusations against Radiman perhaps? It's very odd that suddenly the clans are casting him out, and the Dust Brigade attacks us.".

Ms. Saar was not the only employee to immediately point the finger at Clan members. According to Spaniard "Maximusl" Decimus, a member of Obsidian Order, after the Dust Brigade assault was repelled, "A small band of Omni-Tek personnel [were] killing everything in Tir they could find wiggling."

Despite the fact that an almost overwhelming majority of those present at the debriefing believed that this was a disturbing turn of events, one man was not convinced.

"I'm sorry, but I think dealing with this is just a job for local security. Our forces eradicated the main bulk of [the Dust Brigade] two years ago." Claimed Finalizer "Azazzel" Tzimisce, Director of The Blackhand. "They are not a threat. The BlackHand and Mercenaries of Kai two years ago destroyed the bulk of their force, supplies and equipment. I face bigger threats from assignments from the Xan. Territorially we have decimated the Clans. Soon we will even reclaim Omni-2. This is an act of desperation. Let the bodies pile up, they're all insured. It will only spur our forces to kill them more quickly."

Charles "Voralitex" Reineman, an Advisor with Obsidian Order, seemed more concerned on rooting out the source of the Dust Brigade, and offered his suggestion on how to accomplish this. "Perhaps knowing the source of their technology – their supplier or suppliers – points the finger to who they are working with, or for. And perhaps a motive for the attacks as well. We need to know who they are working with, or we're just going to keep killing them one at a time and not going for the source."

Neither Omni-Pol nor Omni-InternOps had any comment at press time.

I urge all citizens of Omni-Tek to please stay vigilant. We must be prepared for when the Dust Brigade return. Omni-Tek will never be destroyed, espeacially not by some two-bit terrorists! Remember, terrorism only works if you give in to fear. Citizens, remain strong!

Please report any intelligence concerning the Dust Brigade to myself, General "Ammicus" Age, or any member of Omni-Pol. Your contributions will be noticed, citizens.

Together, we will survive! Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

I must back and also enforce the words of Director Craddock.

Both our organisations strive to help to protect you, Omni Citazens. Together, with your help - we will be prepared for whatever the future brings us.

If you do have any information regarding the attack of last night, we will take it from you in ths strictest of confidence, we will not endanger your lives. Members of my Command team will be working together to ensure compliance by all officers employed by our division of Omni-Pol to take this data from you.

Those who are registered on our gridsite can access an upto date departmental roster of our division here which will direct you to the best people to speak to.

Typical...

Ms. Saar was not the only employee to immediately point the finger at Clan members. According to Spaniard "Maximusl" Decimus, a member of Obsidian Order, after the Dust Brigade assault was repelled, "A small band of Omni-Tek personnel [were] killing everything in Tir they could find wiggling."
    Once again, we people of the clans are blamed for the morons who play in the dirt... yay for you wonderful Omni minds... yay for your deductive reasoning... yay for sarcasm... morons.
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Re: Dust Brigade Attacks Omni-1

Originally posted by Editor: OTPC

Charles "Voralitex" Reineman, an Advisor with Obsidian Order, seemed more concerned on rooting out the source of the Dust Brigade, and offered his suggestion on how to accomplish this. "Perhaps knowing the source of their technology – their supplier or suppliers – points the finger to who they are working with, or for. And perhaps a motive for the attacks as well. We need to know who they are working with, or we're just going to keep killing them one at a time and not going for the source."

In regards to that, I think it's time that the Omni-Tek Administration ask the ICC to look into the current dealings of the Sol Banking Corporation. We all know the past history between Omni-Tek and the cheating ferrets from Sol, and I'm confident I am right when I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Sol.

Crush Sol Banking, and you crush the Dust Brigade. Then we only have one more group of dirt eaters to deal with.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Love it, first blame the clans, then blame sol banking, next you'll blame the redeemed.

Ill tell you whats strange, on one day there is reports of a strange omni ship entering the atmosphere and on the same day theres an attack by the dust brigade. What a coincidence.

Heres my opinion, Omni-tek directors see people in omni-tek becomming disgruntled, maybe a few more people leave to join the clans than they want, they need a way to pickup morale and ensure that their omni employees are confident in their decision to stick with the corperation.

So they invent the dust brigade, a group of terrorists who on the whole kill and destroy omni-tek people/places. Sure they kill some clan and some neut but the majority is omni. Throw in the use of perma kill weapons and some advanced technology and suddenly you see a big threat emerge.

Tie this group in with some powerful political clan figures, throw around some alegations about sol banking and hey presto, every employee hates the dust brigade and so hates the clans even more. Giving your employees a common enemy and they will stay happy for life.

This clan members pointing the figure, and hes pointing it straight at the people screaming for revenge.
    Morbicus

Just another unnamed soldier fighting for Freedom

What you just said makes no sense. We are losing our employees, so we kill them? That's a horrible strategy, a strategy only a blind Clanner could come up with. It is conspiracy theoris like this that completely undermine your cause. You can point and jab the finger all you want, but it just leaves you open to getting that finger cut off.

Omni-Tek Corporation of Rubi-Ka is in no way behind the Dust Brigade. We are just as concerned about the terrorist threat as everyone, and I assure the citizens of Omni-Tek that your leaders are doing everything in their power to root out the truth behind the Dust Brigade, so we may put an end to their murderous rampage.

Anyone who is found to be a supporter, collaborater, or is in any way affiliated with the Dust Brigade, will be immediatley sentenced to death. Be they a Clanner, a member of a rival corporation, a fellow Omni-Tek citizen, or even a representative of ICC, they will pay the ultimate price for their crimes.

Stay vigilant! Do not be blinded as this dust-eating Clanner has!
    Zack "Eternalforce" Craddock
    Professional soldier of fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustynova
    ahhh Ao where the men are boys the women are men and the leets are very very nervous.

The destruction of Omni-Tek property is a heinous crime, and these terrorists should pay dearly for what they have done.

The best way to combat such a threat may not be with direct force, but rather with preventative measures. Omni-Trans will be monitoring all whom-pah traffic in and out of Omni-1 to ensure that no members of the Dust Brigade are using them to infiltrate the city. We will also get in touch with Omni-Com to make sure they are monitoring their Grid traffic.

If you can provide me with reasonable su****ion, we will step up our measures to ensure no SOL goods reach Rubi-Ka. It is within our authority to restrict traffic by competing corporations and governments according to predetermined trade regulations, so if we cannot directly stop it, we can atleast slow down the speed in which these goods reach the surface, and buy Omni-Pol more time.
    Dokkon Streetdoctor Mahoney
    Director of Public Relations: Omni-Trans

Originally posted by Medjai

Eternalforce may I remind you the rescue the clanners had to pull out to save Blackpetal that because of a clan application was arrested and you say that this is strategy for a blind clanner... you may begin to see where are the blind Omni directors that dont tolerate loosing people so they arrest them. What would it happen if we didnt save Blackpetal back there?? She would die? She would be brainwashed in returning to Omni-Tek? Can you answer in behalf of Omni-Tek what was the strategy at that time?
    My own case notwithstanding, I think Mr. Craddock finds himself in the extraordinarily rare position of being right. It's fantasy of the worst sort to try to pin responsibility for the Dust Brigade on Omni-Tek. There are more effective, less disruptive means of stirring up animosity against the Clans, and there is little to be gained by the corporation by supporting such an unpredictable organization as the Dust Brigade.

Like it or not, the Dust Brigade is a band of nihilists, and it is the enemy of Clan, Corporation, and Neutral alike.

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Hmm, think Ive seen one ore two clanners gone Omni aswell.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Originally posted by Morbicus
    Love it, first blame the clans, then blame sol banking, next you'll blame the redeemed.

I don't know about you, but where I come from people are allowed to express their own ideas, suggestions or su****ions. Oh, wait, that's right - you're a clanner from under a desert dune somewhere. Guess we now know who truely embraces freedom.

Citizens of Rubi-Ka! Join Omni-Tek and free yourself and your mind from the shackles of oppression. Think for yourself today with Omni-Tek!

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Originally posted by Blackpetal

and there is little to be gained by the corporation by supporting such an unpredictable organization as the Dust Brigade.

-Blackpetal
    They are only unpredictable when you consider then a singular entity and not an entity ruled and governed by the omni-tek corporation.

Originally posted by Cosmikal

Citizens of Rubi-Ka! Join Omni-Tek and free yourself and your mind from the shackles of oppression. Think for yourself today with Omni-Tek!

Just make sure you never want to change back to clan as you may find yourselves a guest of the Omni-Tek penitentiary system!!!
    Morbicus

Of course, the recent attacks probably have nothing to do with Mr. Silverstone announcing that the Sentinels will not in the near future issue an arrest warrant for members of the Dust Brigade? Leader Of Sentinel Clan Denies Issuing Arrest Order, in the event you’ve forgotten.

Rather, it is much easier to blame your enemy rather than admit that a radical clan you can’t control or influence is openly attacking civilian targets with the implied consent of a large and influential clan that supplies the clans with armor and technology for your war effort.

As for Miss Schuemann, she was not arrested for filling out a clan application. Her application was blocked because she was viewed as a flight risk once the order to arrest her was issued. It’s not so much as wanting to prevent the loss of an employee as wanting to conduct an investigation on an individual accused of treason and espionage. I don’t know if you can understand this subtle difference, but there is one there. Trust me.

Arguments as to motive notwithstanding, further vigilance must be achieved. Our defenses must be strengthened, the guilty must be brought to justice, and the supporters of the terrorists must be perused and hunted to the edge of know space. This is the only way we can ensure a bright future for the Omni-Tek Corporation and see improved shareholder value.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

You are of course forgetting the band of omni-tek employees who tried to stop the order from the ICC instructing the release of Miss Schuemann making it to omni-admin.

As for the dust brigade, they are not supported by the sentinels, silverstone has said he wont issue an arrest warrant, why should he? The dust brigade on the whole dont kill clanners, so why should siverstone be concerned about them?

The terrorists are the people who went to Tir after the attack on omni-1 and killed anyone they could find who was tagged clan. That everyone is a taste of Omni-Tek justice, if some of your own are hurt, lash out and kill anyone who doesnt support your views.
    Morbicus

You are of course forgetting the band of omni-tek employees who tried to stop the order from the ICC instructing the release of Miss Schuemann making it to omni-admin.
    Actually, I haven’t forgotten.

We continue to maintain that the Interstellar Confederation of Corporations has created a dangerous precedent in their recent decision. At the time, Miss Schuemann was being held by Omni-Pol under charges of treason against Omni-Tek, conspiracy to commit treason, consorting with enemies of the corporation, espionage, and conspiracy to commit espionage. The ICC ruling not only involved a transfer of citizenship but also demanded a release from custody before the investigation had been concluded.

We continue to assert that this is a direct assault against the Omni-Tek colonial legal system. In the past, the Tir Accord guaranteed our rights of imprisonment and trial of all who violated our laws within our territory regardless of affiliation. When the Tir Treaty was annulled, the ICC was critical. With this recent ruling, they have facilitated a direct violation of the conditions of the treaty itself. We believe that the ICC has given its approval to the dissolution of the Tir Treaty despite their previous misgivings through this ruling.

Back to the point at hand. There’s no need to invoke Miss Schuemann in every political discussion.

As for the dust brigade, they are not supported by the sentinels, silverstone has said he wont issue an arrest warrant, why should he? The dust brigade on the whole dont kill clanners, so why should siverstone be concerned about them?
    This is precisely the problem. So long as you give implied consent to the actions of terrorists, you are indirectly supporting the terrorists. So long as there is implied consent of terrorist attacks on civilian targets, there can be no hope for reconciliation and a potential cease-fire between Omni-Tek and the clans.

The terrorists are the people who went to Tir after the attack on omni-1 and killed anyone they could find who was tagged clan. That everyone is a taste of Omni-Tek justice, if some of your own are hurt, lash out and kill anyone who doesnt support your views.
    Indeed. What is the Dust Brigade, if these people were the terrorists? After any attack on a civilian target, tensions run high. This however, does not excuse their actions. Those who allowed their emotions to overwhelm their sense of duty to the corporation will be found and dealt with.
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

lol, Take back Omni-2? Good luck with that.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Marisha

This is precisely the problem. So long as you give implied consent to the actions of terrorists, you are indirectly supporting the terrorists. So long as there is implied consent of terrorist attacks on civilian targets, there can be no hope for reconciliation and a potential cease-fire between Omni-Tek and the clans.
    Although I believe there is nothing to be gained from detente with the current Omni-Tek administration, I essentially agree with the rest of what Ms. Durousseau is saying. If the Clans find it objectionable that they are tainted by association with the Dust Brigade, then it is incumbent upon them to fight against the injustice of terrorism, no matter who the target may be. The fact is that people like Silverstone have largely been allowed to exist unchecked and unchallenged, save for the occasional muted protest voiced here or there. The Dust Brigade has only been fiercely criticized when Clan targets were attacked as well. Ideals only have value if they are applied with fairness and consistency.

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Amazing. Realy. First the Clans cry "You can not judge all the Clans by what a few people do in the heat of the moment!" Then they go and do the exact same thing themself.

Come on Morbicus, i know you are an inteligent man. Think.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Originally posted by Xhairs

Amazing. Realy. First the Clans cry "You can not judge all the Clans by what a few people do in the heat of the moment!" Then they go and do the exact same thing themself.

Come on Morbicus, i know you are an inteligent man. Think.
    But, aren't the clans are a number of loosely tied organisations, on the same side because of the same common goals, but still with a great diversity between them (i.e. the blood-thirsty Sentinels have an unfounded hatred towards Neutrals)? Omni-Tek, however, is a single corporation, one in which every employee *should* represent the views of Omni-Tek as a whole, and be disciplined if they do not.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.