Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RK1 Clanners !

I swore I'd never post here again, or read here, because frankly the drivel I see here makes my blood pressure skyrocket but...

Saying 'Clans are X' and 'Omnis are Y' is stupid. Look past what is a single field in a database marked "side" and we're all humans sitting in front of keyboards!

*Leaves, locking the door on the way out*
    Dest

Number isnt everything
    Infact they are

Originally posted by Wenzell

The statement isnt accurate. We have killed Tarasque with only ~10 people, and I have seen cases with only 1 guild present for example Storm. Perhaps you should ask georg (a lvl 150+ omni doc), he witnessed us killing Tar and battled omnis on our way getting out of lair with loot and victory.
    Same to other guilds like EF and Apoc, they have killed Tarasque by emselves too.

Yes, see that's one of my points. Any of the guilds I mentioned (with exception of Deity) can singlehandly take down Tarasque AND defend...because they outnumber any single Omni guild that would oppose them. Granted EF does not, however I have yet to see EF singehandedly take down Tarasque WITH real opposition present.

So your argument is number is the only determinant of winner in a war ?

Let me ask you,
    Who would win the camelot battle say 10 omnis down there killing Tarasque and 100000 clanners hugging 100% zone ?
    At the battle yesterday, in the very first 3 minutes, how did 4 clanners make 10ish omnis who were in the middle of killing Tarasque retreat from its lair ?
    Then in mid battle of yesterday, when clanners slightly outnumbered omnis and how did clanners still get owned ?
    How did 2-3 teams in mort and EFP got slaughtered by 1 or 2 ppl ? Like Aberic killed a group of clanners in Mort and I took down a group of omnis in EFP ?

Number isnt everything, skill in mass pvp is about leadership, coordination, courage, experience...... which are something u lack of, a lot more than what u claimed to be only number.
    Well your example is a bit extaggerated...but, if there 10 Omni down there killing Tarasque and 100000 clanners hugging the 100% there would be no battle, heh.

4 clanners have done this numerous time to us. Its called "Training mobs and debuffing healers".

I qualified my statements with ACTUAL data. You however did not when you made examples of EFP and Mort fighting. Both of those sound like they were against "low level teams" with a VERY high player jumping them. Again numbers come into play, you just don't realize it. I could pull the same stunt easily. Especially if those teams are already engaged on mob targets.

I know numbers isn't everything, but in ANY war scenario RL or AO, numbers play a very large part of any strategy.

I would agree that a "small, highly-trained, experienced force" could do miracles in the battlefield (just look at the SEALS).

I find it funny that you speak of my lack of mass PvP abilities, since I personally have written large scale attack and defense strategies for my guild. However I guess that means I know jack about any PvP. I also find it funny how someone spends 190 levels fighting mobs, only to make Title Level 6 and claim to be the god of PvP. Don't get me wrong, I think you are decent on the battlefield, but coming here bragging shows nothing but immaturity.

-Yense

pft both sides are guilty of training, no doubt about that, I know in storm we "try" not to, but it happens sometimes,

i do know i have seen whats his name, that fixer in tc err starts with a b? he has trained us at tarsque about 3 times, running mobs in , then gridding, leading us as prep work to ALWAYS clear the side mobs before attempting tarsque. but other then that can say i think it has been for the most part accidental, or just us being dumb =p (remembers when matrivedly(sorry for the name mangelent to lazy to look up to find it=p) tried to run from us by running down the sides, which we didn't clear, and 12X of us followed then went back to beating tarsque, while screaming MEZ MEZ=p)

however you guy's got the BIGGEST trainer that I know almost all storms can confirm on your side

(waves at angelicnova)
    most be nice to be known not only as a ninja looter but as a trainer to=p

oh well got bored so was messing with anti guardians, found they have some statics on chars there
    clans over 150+
    adventurer 24 6.06 %
    agent 32 8.08 %
    bureaucrat 7 1.77 %
    doctor 40 10.1 %
    enforcer 41 10.35 %
    engineer 24 6.06 %
    fixer 11 2.78 %
    martial artist 69 17.42 %
    meta-physicist 24 6.06 %
    nano-technician 41 10.35 %
    soldier 59 14.9 %
    trader 24 6.06 %
    total 396 100 %

omni 150+
    adventurer 19 4.66 %
    agent 42 10.29 %
    bureaucrat 10 2.45 %
    doctor 39 9.56 %
    enforcer 40 9.8 %
    engineer 19 4.66 %
    fixer 12 2.94 %
    martial artist 46 11.27 %
    meta-physicist 37 9.07 %
    nano-technician 44 10.78 %
    soldier 82 20.1 %
    trader 18 4.41 %
    total 408 100 %

it would seem that omni has a 12 person advantage=p

now i wonder if its just the orginzation ratios as was posted ealier, or that clans have a higher account retation over canceltion rate (assuming the figures on a-g are both active+canceled accounts)

AG = both active and cancelled account and only lists guilded players and is a horrible way to gather statistics on playerbase.

My post took into account only those guilds who stood much of a chance in a Camelot large scale battle.

I probably missed a few...but you get the general idea.

-Yense

Your all a bunch of babys, stop whining about who killed who, who beats who....its so sad.

Your all a bunch of babys, stop whining about who killed who, who beats who....its so sad.
    yea, this is the most pointless, and annoying post i can rember reading.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

Lightbulb The answer....

here is a little thought I have had since playing AO for a while......

I know why Clanners are better at PvP.... really, I do!

It this thing called; "growing up with PvP"

On the planet Rubi-Ka 2, you have 2 Arenas.....these are placed in the cities Tir, (clan) and Omni-1 Entertainment (Omni-Tek)

The thing is, the Tir arena is placed so that every clanner that feels like having a fight can easily pull in a couple of unsuspecting low levels into the arena by saying, "hey dude, wanna come fight me in the arena over here...?" While on the other hand, in the Omni city, you might have to pull the victim through a Whompah and travel a loooong way to get to the Arena.... Hence, Clanners are more "aware" of the PvP situation...

it's like having a PvP arena in the clan backyards.... It's my humble opinion, but I think the clanners have an advantage over Omni by having the arena so close to the main "hang out" in Tir.

I feel this is the situation on Rubi-Ka 2, I can't speak on behalf of Rubi-Ka 1, because it's probably a bit different with so many more people.

just my 2 Credits...

PVP @ Tarasque

I think omni has given up on tarasque lately. There numbers are going down. And if they do outnumber us, they will keep most on the 75% side. As I was leaving tarasque 25% the other day I heard one omni say "you outnumber us, thats why your winning." But, from what I saw on top and on bottom, omni had more, just most were on top of stairs. So I say no we just have more in 25% where it matters, not 75% where it dont. A strange thing happened after I said that. I actually had omni saying I was right. For some reason when omni gets to tarasque most of them stay on top and hug the 25/75 zone and look for quick kills, while clan is actually trying to kill tarasque and hold omni at same time. I hope that soon every omni is neophyte, that way we will have 0 competition for dragon.

you know this will realy make me wonder, what will happen if they add mobs to the 0% out door zones. will clans turn on clans? i know theres some clanners i'd love to kill if they show up to one of those raids

I believe there are a few arguments all these replies have missed.

One is that at least one of the big Clan organisations is founded on a large number of nubis who have learned how to work together, rather than beeing founded by a fairly select group of uber people who are l33t together. Having people grow up together over a long period of time build bonds of trust and friendship that is hard to create any other way. I'll give you that this one organisation also has attracted the interest of high level players who have joined in later, these players are however not the foundation of the organisation and we dont stand or fall with them, but they sure help alot in a confrontation.

Another aspect is that your statistics seem to show level 150+ as beeing some kind of musthave to make any different in a large fight. In wolfe's school of online policits you fail the test if you believe this to be the case. Almost any player from level 100 and up will be able to carry alot of weight in a large fight if they are capable of working together. Omnis seem to underestimate the abilities of these players on a regular basis.

To win a fight you also must be prepared to lose your PvP title points now and then. I know some of the omnis are prepared to face this horrible reality, but far from many enough to put up the fight required to beat the clans working together.

EDIT HERE: If you alienate the low level chars from your own organisation in any way you will suffer from your cockiness sooner than you probably expect. (end edit)

You also need to have your people working together, In Storm we have a pretty well functioning chain of command, and when clanners from other guilds come help they usually tag along with one or the other of the Storm units and thereby reinforcing the clans strengths even if they arnt informed about whats going on. Having some 50 people from 3 separate guilds makes it too hard to set up chat channels, so we rely on guild chat and vicinity for these occations.

Maybe this helps clarify a few things for everyone.

Wolfe - gimp
    Last edited by Wolfe; May 19th, 2002 at 12:59:07.

Originally posted by etin
    i swore u ran from a duel from me 2 times in ent arena.. one time wus a fair duel.. other time u tried to gank me... u ran both those times.. and u also accused art (i think) that he was nuking u.. which he didnt.

i'm not sure if this is correct.. since it was sorta a long time ago

Yeah, This was about a month or so ago. Wenz did run twice. I was accused of nuking her in the arena. But... I was outside the arena unbuffed and weaponless. /shrug.

Ink was winning and she zoned out. Came back, started fighting again, and zoned once more.

How honorable to fight to the death.

You dont fight to the death when you gank. But if you run from a duel your a chicken. I always run from a failed gank. But I dont run from a duel. I also often run from an enemy gank attempt, but not always.

Wenzell seems to use similar sk33lful tactics.

Nah,
    Ink and Wenzell agreed to a duel. They both went in, no other people 75+ at the time.

LoL when did I run in a 1v1 ? Just love people making **** up.
    Perhaps you should ask ppl like aberic, jacksr, zerosignal.... those who have fought me.
    If it was an attempt gank, it wasnt a 1v1 at the first place, of course I ran.
    Yet another moronic accusation.

Um, no wenzell. I don't spout off accusations. Ever. I have no reason too. I do know that you and Mrink were going to duel in the arena. You ran, then accused me of trying to gank you because you got hit with nano damage, all whilst I was outside the arena.

I don't really care if you say it didn't happen. I know it did, and Mrink knows it did.

Unlike young people adults play it fair they dont gank and laugh on dead bodies they play like knights on white horse like sir lancelot.
    One word - One man - One name...

Bruise

:/ I've never seen the man gank ANYONE without extremely good reason. He's one of the most honorable people I know.

Another name...

Deaks

Not many of you probably remember him, but he never ganked (Cept Omnis =P lol ) and was a fair fighter, too.

Another would be...

Lasvegas

I dont remember seeing him gank unless he'd been ganked.

Now other names..

Veev / Tocksick...

I never saw the man win a fair fight in his life.. age? 15 or some such he had told me.

Siduakal / Wydowmaker

Used to gank any one, any time before 40% cap.. Age? 18 =P (What? I'm a good example of the polar opposite of the older white knight - I was a big time ganker.. and I wont lie and say I wasnt.. I will say I'm not now)

Silentscop69...

Sits in Tir arena ganking all day.. sometimes brother joins him...Age? 15ish by my guess..talks like he's 9 though..so I dont really know =P

Trddeznutz

See the name? You can guess the age... He ganks.. with HP buffs gallore and UVC or LMA.. Lame huh?

Nuff said.. :/

Oh two more

Cooterz...

Honorable soldier who used Sunburst rarely ganked.

Zeth...

Dishonorable soldier who used Sunburst and was a wannabe Cooterz - Always ganked.. (Sat at arena edge and would go in and kill people as soon as they entered)

=P

Most of you probably wont know half those names.. only 3 of'em I know still play those characters. But the "Old School" Ao players will =P
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

I lost in a duel, and so what ? I dont run when its a fair duel, I fight to death which a lot of ppl cant even do it. Again I dont represent all clanners. You may have beaten me, but you have not beaten all clanners. So what exactly is your argument ?
    You don't run ? lol

I've seen you run plenty of times, not because you're outnumbered, because you're getting beaten.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast