Thread: ATTACKED by NONE bug still in the game .

ATTACKED by NONE bug still in the game .

As a 'puller' I often get too many mobs on a pull . ( game fog , weird aggro etc ) Subsequently I will try run the mobs off but as from a while ago you will encounter a HUGE problem with this .

You will get the attacked by <NONE> message which was usually a sign of safety . What happens now the mobs damage will stack until it reaches you and deal this damage in one blow.

Even without a text message of any damage you can just drop dead at the spot. It happens in missions and in the open field to any mob. This was probably created when they tried to fix mob's missions pathing .

Please review this situation as it is very annoying and makes any strategy impossible.

yes it happened to me 3 times last night very very annoying. Not seeing any damage and then poof your dead.

It does seem to be related to distance, if you get out of range and then it follows you back into range.

Angry

Yes, it does seem to be very much related to range. I have had this happen to me out in the wild when hunting too, and have posted about it before.

I play an agent, and thus often use aimed shot to initiate combat. Every once in awhile, I fire off aimed shot and the mob takes off in the other direction for awhile, instead of coming straight for me. If they run out of range, and come back in, the fight will proceed with neither me nor the mob appearing to take any damage. That is to say, it appears neither of us are taking damage until one or the other falls over dead, seemingly out of the blue, according to our health bars.

Now, the interesting part is, assuming I was the one that lived in the previous bugged battle, is that the next mob I fight, the very first shot I do to it, I get a whole screen of spam that I hit (the new mob) for line after line of damage. It seems the damage reports from the previous fight are now taking effect, but now are applied on the new mob. Sometimes the mob shows he is dead, according to his health bar, from all that old damage being applied to him, but I still have to keep hitting him until his real hp’s are drained away. This tells me there is at least two counters going on for health, as the phantom damage obviously didn’t effect the mobs actual health, only his health-bar and the damage reports.

This in itself wouldn’t be so bad, but my health bar is bugged from the previous fight too. As soon as the new mob hits me, say for 35 damage, my health bar finally updates and I can go from what appeared to be full health, to almost dead. On a couple of occasions, the first hit did kill me, thus the insta-death phenomena.

I have learned after a few untimely deaths, that if it appears you are not taking damage from a mob during an extended fight, cast a heal spell, or do a first aid on yourself anyway, as this will reflect what your true health is. At least this way, you can tell if your about to die or not and possibly have a chance to walk away.

Whatever the causes, this should be addressed and should be a top priority. Every single game based upon dealing and receiving damage needs some system of recording and displaying that damage so the player, in real time, knows if he should continue the battle or make a run for it. This is the very essence a game like this, and it is futile to play without it working correctly, 100% of the time. It may not keep your client from starting and logging in to the server, but I, as I am sure many others do, consider it a Game Stopping bug. If you have no idea what your current health is, or that of your foes, in battle, how can you possibly call that a working game??