Thread: Focus Funnelling Helpers

Focus Funnelling Helpers

Ok, so I paid a fortune and risked my life for the 3 focus funnelling devices I am now the proud owner of. And I camped for what seems like days...heck, it WAS days, for the spirit training programs of love and hate so I can eventually wear all three. And now it's been darn near a week and 4 painfully slow levels at the imps in Fallen Forest and not a single focus funnelling spirit. So help me out here...

do these focus funneling spirits really drop off the boss imps in FF?
    can you combine the spirit training programs with the raw focus funneling device WITHOUT the focus funelling spirit? Has ANYONE seen the focus funneling spirits drop from anything in the recent past?

I'm darned if I'm going to pay 30 million x 3 for something that lets me make better stuff for people for free...some of them don't even say thank you!

The imp bosses in the forest and other group near Elysium Ergo up on the cliffs drop them. Well at least they dropped when i hunted mine couple patches ago and friend got couple last month.

I think it took like7-8h nonstop camping per each spirit at the northern spot, theres 7 imps there, spawntime is 20min so the droprate is not especially good.

Hate training program took me about umm 3 days, 12h/day about.
    Love was bit easier, i think i got 2 while waiting the imp spawns.
    Arcticshade The Assassin
    Arcticbunny I can build everything
    Arcticblast The Soldier
    Arcticwhite The MA Doc

Welcome to the club. 3 months camping not a damn luck on any love/hate program for me. AO hates me when it's about camping.
    Finally I gave up and paid 15m for the love program but I still refuse pay 60m for the hate program!
    Justron 220/12 Eng Setup
    Docron 214/12 Doc Setup

They drop from the imps, though at an outrageously low rate. 12 hours or so, and you should have one or two.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

This is a not a good way to manage tradeskills

The whole tradeskill concept in this game is messed up. Tradeskillers shouldn't have to be hunters in the first place. Then to force tradeskillers to camp for hours and hours (mostly gaining no experience since the mobs are pretty difficult if they're even just green to you, so you have to wait till they're grey), just to practice our craft...that's supposed to make the game fun???

And even if you have the time and level to camp, what are the chances that someone over 200 is camping the item to sell it for big bucks.

When will game designers realize that trade skillers are a different breed, generally from warriors, and decouple trades from fighting.

DAoC did it, but it was horribly boring getting your skill up to where you could use it. I've never played UO, but I've heard they did tradeskills right. Game designers should pay attention to the comments of the people who play tradeskillers and what they like and dislike, and build tradeskill systems that make sense

There is an excellent guide here: http://www.tirschool.com/tradeskills/focusfunnels.html

Great site for other engi stuff too!
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

I believe the 'Hate' program was aptly named, for so much grief, competition and low droprate certainly warranted that name..
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I camped the funneling spirits , first time 5 hours straight didnt get a drop , second time i camped for about 2 hours and got 2 drops. As for love/hate programs i camped them as well , and suprisingly the Love one took me longer than the Hate ( maybe i got lucky ). About 4 hours and i got the Hate and took a day or 2 of camping for the Love Program. I bought the last spirit for 7m and the funneling devices were easy to get as long as you can get warped into the Crypt of the Home. It did take a few weeks to get a full set without paying for most of it , but was definetley worth it , as i can make 4 gem arul saba's at level 209 My advice would be dont go nutz on it ( as in camp it 10 hours a day for a week straight ) camping it for 1-2 hours a day or every other day and i bet you can get alot of the pieces in a few weeks.

My biggest problem with camping these is that the howling minx though green to me kicks my butt regularly and sometimes I have to drag her to the guards so I can continue.

I've had no luck after killing many imps but I don't spend too much time all at once so I figure when my turn comes I'll get them but I refuse to pay for any of the parts.

I'll just continue to be the gimped out tradeskiller that I am today and if anyone doesn't like it too bad for them. I'd rather be able to pull out the biggest badest bot I can anyway than to get robbed during the tradeskilling process.
    BashfulOne

***** Engi Blinds r0x0r *****