Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Old School RK Hunting Areas!!!

When my Keeper was in her 60s - she was able to pull 20K mishes from the terminals in 20k. Made token farming a breeze.

Some of my favorite sites for exploring Rubi-ka:

Travel to Rubi-ka

Faunlore

Anarchy Online Vault

I hope others find them as useful as I have, and happy hunting!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Thanks for all the info, folks! I like old school RK. It seems to be enjoying a revival due to the fr00b phenomenon. I'm even seeing players out in the Wailing Wastes lately.

Clon****

There is a nice area in Clon**** east of the Omni-mine HQ where you can hunt spiders. A lvl 30 team or lvl 50 soloer can hunt here and get good xp and decent loot, as the arachnids frequently drop gems

just wanted to add a spot that has a bunch of lvl 60-75ish.
    Black Rocks -- Andromeda (NE of ICC)

Quote Originally Posted by Isadara View Post
    Heh, omg, good times..good times
    running and hiding in the cave till it hopefully wandered away...god i miss those days
    Master Mentholbox 220/30 Adv
    Master Seanconnery 220/20 NT
    Neophyte Azazzel 217 agent
    Menthscrat 220/30 Crat
    Mexico-god's blindspot!

first person to ding 220 in a SL mission
    First lvl 250 adv on RK1!!!!

[Mercenaries] Wilsonat: Gorilla is animal, geurilla is animal with an AK47

When I had my Froob toon I used to level at the ninjas in wine

And I am now doing it on my 63 NT
    get half a bar of xp per kill >D

Quote Originally Posted by whozyodaddy View Post
    And I am now doing it on my 63 NT
    get half a bar of xp per kill >D
    XP is capped at 10% of total needed to level, unless you have pool. Took my froob agent to borgs at 70 and just leeched other teams since my healpet was worth letting me into the team
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Yeah I did have a pool.

Hahah

Still good imo tbh

I actually did gain half a level at one go recently... did an Inferno mission at level 193, the bar was a little less than halfway up, we killed the Familiar and SLAM! bar full. Wandered off afterwards and casually killed about three RK mobs to get the ding.

It turns out that the amount of "new" XP you can get is capped... the cap appears to be 20% of a level for level rewards, because I only gained 10m XP from the actual reward. However, the amount of pool you can recover in one lump is NOT capped-- I recovered 19.something million from pool.

I also hit the cap for XP dumped into research, but that cap seems to be somewhere less than 1% of a research level, so not nearly as fun to watch. (Has anybody figured out what the amount of XP to gain level X research dings ARE?)
    "NOOOOooo! Not in the face!" -- official RUR battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal View Post
    (Has anybody figured out what the amount of XP to gain level X research dings ARE?)
    Level 1 is 25k.

All i know ;/
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarondal View Post
    I actually did gain half a level at one go recently... did an Inferno mission at level 193, the bar was a little less than halfway up, we killed the Familiar and SLAM! bar full. Wandered off afterwards and casually killed about three RK mobs to get the ding.

It turns out that the amount of "new" XP you can get is capped... the cap appears to be 20% of a level for level rewards, because I only gained 10m XP from the actual reward. However, the amount of pool you can recover in one lump is NOT capped-- I recovered 19.something million from pool.

I also hit the cap for XP dumped into research, but that cap seems to be somewhere less than 1% of a research level, so not nearly as fun to watch. (Has anybody figured out what the amount of XP to gain level X research dings ARE?)
    XP for research is capped at 5%. When you cap XP/SK for research and multiply that by 20 you got the amount needed for the research (That's why 220er went to adonis Hecklers or inferno Spirit rooms when LE came out to make research-dings)
    Kalitus 220 Female Solitus Trader on DNW
    Mailou 220 Female Opifex MA on DNW
    Kalele lvl 80ist Engineer --- Growing

Some org mates and I did eel last night, first time in a while. 7 or so of us took him down, remember when you needed 2 teams of lvl 200's to kill him?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567