Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Event which could have been fun.....could have.

Originally posted by Vacuos

"I don't understand the complaint here, or maybe I don't understand what happened. The teams were unfair but the contest happened anyway, and the GMs are at fault for this?"

The complaint is just that. The OT team was unfairly matched against the clan team. All enforcers competing in ENFORCER boot camp....or so he said.

"If you have two GMs, and one wants to form a particular kind of team while the other does not, and neither views this as unfair or knows it to be unfair, don't the players participating have some responsibility to speak up?"

No, then what kind of cometition is that? A well balanced team, vs. one that is totally one way? No competition there, the well balanced team will win every time

"Did the GMs ignore or intimidate you? Did you not get to see the opposing team until the competition had ended? If you did meet them before it stated, how was it you were already cheated before the contest started?"

Intimidate, ignore, no. I pointed out to him it was unfair, as a matter of fact, he pointed it out to me. "It seems the Omni-tek team has cheated us" How were we cheated before we started? Dunno really where this question comes from, I just know that we were, doesn't really matter when it happened.

"Did you have any communication with the other team at all?"

Except for the occasional shouts, "we're gonna kick your @$$" "have fun rezzing" nope.

"It's unfortunate that this didn't work out, but events on RK will continue to range between dull and nonexistant until the people running them get some practice - as Ernest Hemingway said, "The first draft of anything is sh*t." - and more importantly some freedom."

Agred, hence the title of this thread

"It's fine that there be a discussion over this, but if these sorts of discussions result in GMs having less freedom, feeling like they have to walk on eggshells, having to answer for everything they do...well, I'm sure that's swell customer relations and for Funcom's feeling of being ethical and virtuous, but no one EVER got something right without screwing up *constantly* along the way."

I didnt mean to get anyone in trouble. I just wanted to vent, and thats why I posted this. It seems lately, that I am faced with alot of letdowns in game, which just frustrates me. (including big events that lag out...crashes...losing stuff....etc etc.)

Also, I wanted to point out, this wasnt supposedto be pvp. It was in a political zone though. What happened was this: The GM would go inside the area, spawn a bunch of mobs, and then for say....5 minutes (not sure of the time) one team would enter and try to kill as many of the mobs as possible, score recorded after said time. Then, the second team would enter...etc. The winner would be the one that killed the most mobs.
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

I can only say one thing. FC run the event one more time with the same Clan enfs that was in the first on, and get some OT enfs this time.

Oh, if you plan to do a advent version of this, please send me a tell. Im in

Had another couple events last night. Masked commandos attacked Tir and West Athen. It was fun, but extremely frustrating. Not only were they extremely hard to hit, but when they hit you, watch out. Usually chain critting you until you were dead. It was kinda fun chasing the one through Tir, into VW until he got some kinda uber speed buff that made him go extremely fast and he lost us.

Again, some people were frustrated, pissed, upset, etc etc etc. Things being shouted: "WTF how are we supposedto kill them" "I cant hit them" "why do they run when they get to half health" "I lost my pvp title????" <--that being the most rediculous of them. It was a GM controled Pod. How could they take a pvp title from someone...or for that matter gain one?

Sigh, at least give us a chance to kill the story mobs. (we had several 150+ people, and a couple lvl 200's beating on this guy, all to no avail.)
    Santacharm
    Enforcer

Sopprano
    Fixer
    Metthias
    Meta Physicist

Why didnt Cloudeh go? Omni would of won if we had the Cloudeh there solo.. he coulda taken 6 lvl 200 Clan Enforcers!

Teh Cloudeh rules!

Cloudeh! Cloudeh! Cloudeh!
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

Usually chain critting you until you were dead. It was kinda fun chasing the one through Tir, into VW until he got some kinda uber speed buff that made him go extremely fast and he lost us.
    err... so that's why I saw about 100 clanners run past me when I was sitting in Tir? "Wtf is that? Must be another newbie guild doing some easter egg hunt..oh well"
    ................................................"Takhai"
    ............................................Solitus Doctor
    .................................................+Clan+
    ........................."I am he that buries his friends alive and
    ............drowns them and draws them alive again from the water."

http://www.alienaa.com/ - When you sign up put 73583 as the ID of the person who recommended it to you(So I get credit) - It's fun I'm learnin it now but so far it's pretty nifty - You get your own Alien Train him, gamble, etc.. and then end up fighting people and stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12