Thread: Anyone else had their name changed?

Angry Anyone else had their name changed?

I took 30 long minutes to come up with an interesting and creative name (Youwantme). Get to level 63 and just a few days ago as I'm going to a mission in Clon**** I get stopped by an ARK who says, "Youwantme, Your name is not legit, would you like to change it?" When i asked why he responded that it was against naming policy 6 to have a name that forms a sentence. Now does anyone here agree with this?

yea, i agree. "You want me." is a complete sentence. And, aparantly you are not allowed to have a name that forms a sentence.

I dont see why you should have to change your name though.
    Its retarted little details like that really push people around enough to make them cancel their accounts. Besides that, why not encourage creativity? It helps define your character, and makes the game more interesting.
    {Beyond the Drunken Master, is the Plastered Master} Lilasiandude 216 MA
    Proud Member of Storm, and the Betty Ford Clinic

-Sllammer 216 enf. - Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank! Click!

BE STORM

That name is a nickname, and nicknames tend to be short sentences a lot. I've kept my names to 1 word, because I lack the creativity to think harder. I'm not being sarcastic, just to prevent flames.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

well i dont agree with it but rules is rules. i first had my name changed few months ago from a char named misohornae. i then made a char named misohornae again and got banned for a few days for doing so . at that time i had to change most my chars names, because they all were bad
    smalljohnson
    morningwood
    phildeznutz
    ****fitzwell
    and a few others, ive also seen arks change a few other people names and it is part of there rules. and since the gms/arks actually made me use real names instead of chilish names i could put together i am very please with new names i ve gotten

Character Naming Policies

I love to read a good creative name as much as the next girl. But I am glad there are some policies about it. /me cringes to think of the names otherwise

I think the sentence name thing may be being a bit too picky though.

But I still have seen some really good names and I don't think the policy is too limiting.

I had DikFitzwell and HughGRection changed, they're a little different then youwantme though.

heh, youwantme isnt that bad, but if they didnt "fix" it, then the players' whose names were changed would point to you and whine that you got to keep yours. Personally, i think the sexual reference names are just childish and I would guess the majority that defend them are college/HS age self-proclaimed "rebels" against THE MAN!

On a side note, I dont know if I should ever expect an ARK visit for MADCRAZY. The most frustrating thing about this game is character naming. It took me almost 30 minutes to get expire which I didnt really like that much in the first place. I actually sat at the comp doing look ups on names and name variations on the char name lookup feature and was getting a little irritated at all the level 1 nameholder characters I saw. So I told my wife I was going madcrazy looking for a name for my second character and thought, hey............if they make me change it, then no big deal really, it is just a name. I just have no idea what I would change it to and would probably make them choose one for me. Some of the most entertaining names i saw in DAoC turned out to be people who had their names "fixed" by GM's ingame and refused to pick a new name.
    Wrongdoer MP RK2
    currently being served by:
    Morbidity (aggroer)
    Bodybag (healer)
    Bozo (mez)

Expire - MA RK2

Originally posted by Expire
    I would guess the majority that defend them are college/HS age self-proclaimed "rebels" against THE MAN!

Hey, that's me! I don't think they are childish though, I think they are funny, I have a sense of humor a bit dirty maybe, oh well. I saw someone named buttcookie, made me laugh my ass off. I'm not calling myself that buy I admit the guy was pretty creative.

Unhappy My name have change by GM :P

I have a char name "Hotpusy" had change by GM too....
    and now i am worry about my char "KilluAll" ..... have to been change