Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funcom please?? This Agent begs of you..

Funcom please?? This Agent begs of you..

Can you please just make the Sure Shot line of nanos last 30mins??

As it is now, we can use it once every 80 seconds...This is going to be sooo tedious...especially when you consider that we cast... have to get into sneak...take our aimed shot....oh wait, damn it! the doc healed me.....no problem, I'll re-sneak...10 seconds??!!! ah damint it ran out...ok hang on team just 80 more seconds waiting for me to pull that MoB... I promise, I'll get the shot this time...

Why can't it just last as long as Subconcious Guiding???

Please answer this thread.

Thanx in advance..

Not going away...

Yes, that's right..I'm not going to budge on this one..

/me taps foot impatiently on the ground..

well

Considering that those crit buffs are better then the MA buffs and have lower reqs, there should be some disadvantage right?

Add in your range and root capability, you would be at a too big advantage if these buffs were long term.

Oh, and I presume Cosmik is rather busy atm pulling his foot out of his mouth regarding the trader healing nerf recently announced.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

the point is still missed..

People keep missing the point on this...

Funcom has made it perfectly clear that Agents are to be big initial damage dealers to make up for the fact that we can't heal and have no ac buffs(slow down I know what your thinking) and we have very low HP.

So, this new crit is a very welcome addition, we will almsot make great pullers in groups. Why do I say "almost" well, because our gteams will become very impatient waiting for it to recharge and for us to recharge our nano. Take a look at the nano cost..

http://auno.org/aodb.php?t=ag&cmd=view&nano=1&id=160789

At lvl70, if I was able to run this program, (yes the requirements are much higher than SG..btw), I would only be able to cast it twice...just barely because of the high ncu cast. Now if I was in FP Enforcer for some hp/ac buffs I would not be able to use it because of the increased nano penalty! and if I could, it would take 10seconds to run a 16 second duration nano!! (oh, and the -25 to nano skills) I'll have to be lvl90 to use this ql76 nano with any effectiveness.

Why, Why, Why, can't people see how borked this nano is?

And as far as the comments go as to it being better than the MA nanos and should be penalized....why can't we have something that is better than another class, something that defines us as initial big damage dealers with out ant kind of penalty?

Trust me, just like everyone wants an Engineer with his pets in a group, you will all want an Agent in your group that brings the MoB's hp down by 1/3 before that Engiee pet has to draw the aggro. This wont be happening with this nano set up the way it is.

um yes.

I think it will take about 30 minutes after 14.2 goes live for teams to figure out how the new agent crit nanos work, and wait those 5 extra secs accordingly.

As for it's uselessness while in FP the solution is rather simple. Don't go FP if you want to use it at max efficiency. No pain / no gain. Agents, as you quite correctly pointed out, are the supreme pullers and will rival the Soldiers alphastrike capability with this nano. As for the better then MA nanos thingie, think about it. You have range and root advantage. You are getting a better crit buff then the MA one, enjoy it. I will most likely start an agent just because these nanos, they look truly fun and quite amazing.

Oh btw, you're quite correct about reqs on Trueshot being higher then the MA crit Subconcious guidance.

Thats because Trueshot is a 18% crit. Sub G is 8%.
    The MA crit nano to compare with should perhaps be Last Minute adjustments, which adds 19% crit chance. Trueshot reqs 375 in 3 nano skills, LMA reqs 648 in 3 nano skills.

As for Enhanced Trueshot (26%) compared to UVC (24%) the reqs are quite attainable for selfcast in the lvl 130-140 range. UVC is selfcast at lvl 190+ without special items.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

?

"As for it's uselessness while in FP the solution is rather simple. Don't go FP if you want to use it at max efficiency. No pain / no gain. Agents, as you quite correctly pointed out, are the supreme pullers and will rival the Soldiers alphastrike capability with this nano. As for the better then MA nanos thingie, think about it. You have range and root advantage. You are getting a better crit buff then the MA one, enjoy it. I will most likely start an agent just because these nanos, they look truly fun and quite amazing. "

Dave, If I see you sunbathing near West Athens again, I'll go get my new motor cycle!

Just do me a favor, and think about the nano cost, even when not in FP. Consider the constsant sitting, recharging, seconds wasted trying to get into sneak, and into position to get off the ever so elusive Aimed Shot....just to have it broken by a docs heal, then you need to wait 10seconds to sneak again!! How's your math? Are you starting to get the picture?

We will not be the "supreme" pullers unless this nano has a longer duration.

LMAO, rival to soldiers alpha strike? Are you retarded? One Aimed shot and a a total possibility of 18% (Statistically ALMOST 2 shots out of 5 - and you can fire maybe 3-4 shots in 10 seconds with most rifles) for a quarter of a minute does not equal the damage of soldiers hitting with Fling, Full Auto, Burst, and if they so desire, an aimed shot of their own.

Agent nanos are a joke. We get our FP nanos reduced to nothingness at later levels because classes want "class defining nanos". Thats all fine and great, but what do agents get? An Aimed Shot and Rifle buff and a concealment buff thats truely unique? Now we get jacked up "blink-of-an-eye" crit nanos. Well excuse me if I'm not jumping out of my seat to hug a FC employee, but they haven't done jack squat for the agent profession with this "Agent Love" patch. We get the high heal/attack pets taken away since MP's cry the loudest that they don't have enough pets as it is, the MA crit nanos pulled from us that were actually useful to us, the OE patch is making our ability to equip the high end rifles that actually do other classes normal damage at lower levels, and really - nothing is even being fixed!

Agents are being passed over again, in the patch that they were promised for months to balance and define us. What do we get? A hologram that is stupid and pointless, a helmet that adds stats so minimal in relation to cost of upgrade that its not viable (not to mention its ugly), a crit nano thats almost completely pointless to use since it gives us maybe a crit in the 3 shots we get to fire before it wears off, a team concealment buff (why?), and two rifles that almost are on par at ql 200 with the other in game weapons already being used.
    Freshman Malcom "Raysight" Age
    Deep Winter Faction

Waiting..

Hey Funcom, just waiting for some knid of response to this...is there any flexibility as to the duration?

This thread will stay at the top untill there is a response.

lol

Sorry man, I didnt mean to offend you.

It's just like this; you're getting a similar crit chance at lvl 90 as a MA's at lvl 130. I say grats and enjoy, I can even say I'm jealous.

I understand the nano cost quite well thank you, and the need to recharge nano. As an MA im very often solo healer (god knows why people think an MA can heal well) and I recharge after each fight. It takes less then 0.5 seconds to do it. You'll have to recharge once every 80 secs. Apart from casting DoT's and the occasional damage buff, there isnt that much to spend nano at while combatbuffed.

And for the docs casting heal on you, ask them not to do it. Make a macro saying "Casting Sureshot! Break my sneak and you owe me 50k!" I think ill be able to hold my teamheal until the agent in my team gets off his aimed. Any doc (or adv or trader), should be just as inclined to do so. The more damage, the merrier. As for the Aimed shot... Perhaps it will be a bit tricky to get off. But you'll be able to slam off a few normal shots as well, no? You'll get your aggro, no sweat. 8)

Anyways. I think it is very unlikely that Agents will get a 30 minute duration on these crit buffs, from a game balance point of view. Too powerful. Sorry. This is already one of the most powerful non-healing nanos in the game, bested only by your 100% crit nano, UVC and perhaps the Soldier TMS.

Oh, and I presume Cosmik is rather busy atm pulling his foot out of his mouth regarding the trader healing nerf recently announced.
    another nerf to agents as well i might add.

As for it's uselessness while in FP the solution is rather simple. Don't go FP

ok, so now we are not supposed to use our only defining feature?
    think again!

and finally.......

I will most likely start an agent just because these nanos, they look truly fun and quite amazing.

maybe then you will have the right to voice your opinion on agent issues too....until then please go back to the ma board. thank you
    Tir Muffin Co-op : Free muffin lovin' for all teh clanners

Originally posted by Raysight
    LMAO, rival to soldiers alpha strike? Are you retarded? One Aimed shot and a a total possibility of 18% (Statistically ALMOST 2 shots out of 5 - and you can fire maybe 3-4 shots in 10 seconds with most rifles) for a quarter of a minute does not equal the damage of soldiers hitting with Fling, Full Auto, Burst, and if they so desire, an aimed shot of their own.
    Well, the Soldier in question sure wont have 18% crit, will he? Wear up an Ithaca or a Flashpoint and you will most likely rival a Soldiers alpha. Add in the 100% crit, and the equation tips further in Agent favour.

Anyways, I can see that some of you agents are real upset about these crit buffs: Fine. You've been waiting a long time for your fix. Just remember that you are one of the two professions that will crit on a regular basis. I just thought it rather inappropriate to ask for a self-cast LMA at lvl 90, when all other professions are getting "crit-nerfed" (all for the better IMHO).

Some good points Dave, Perhaps the nano issue wont be as bad, as I really thought, but like I said, I would rather be spending my time scouting out the next Mob, rather than sitting, standing, casting...etc. As you pointed out you know the issues with nano.

....and btw, all friendly nanos break sneak.. the new 10 second re-sneak being PvP only would help solve this problem.

But, I really, really think the duration needs to be longer... Hey! maybe only 15 minutes

Regardless, I need an answer from Funcom on how things are going to be tweaked. There has been a lot of feedback since this patch went to test, and we have heard nothing as to possible solutions to the many issues that have been brought up. This one just hapens to be my biggest concern.

It is Funcoms track record to get a tonn of feedback about a patch and it's issues and release it to live anyhow, without dealing with said issues. If we can get these things fixed on test then we won't have to deal with them again.

Cosmic's aware of this problem. Apparantly, others were concerned as well. Here is a Q&A from the Agentsector.

http://www.dunjonstompers.com/agent/...pic.php?t=4695

sigh

Well, this was interesting.

I guess I will go back to the MA boards, things are a bit less agressive there. Of course you have better knowledge about the Agent profession, I dont have one above lvl 50 (quite gimped IMHO). I very frequently team with agents thou, and they seem reasonably happy with your self-only crit buffs. Still, I can't quite belive that you find it a nice and all suggestion, in good game-balance to give agents a self-only 18% crit with 30 min duration at lvl 90. Won't happen. Sorry.

On a sidenote donut: The first two statements in your "go-away-you-MA-troll" post doesn't go that well together you know.

If nerfing the Trader teamheals (attack 2.5 secs) are a nerf to agents, it shouldnt be too bad executing that attack 2s crit buff, would it?

edit: Hey, it's not like I dont want you Agents to have a useful nano, if all beneficial nanos break sneak, something is fubared and should be corrected. I always considered MAs to be the melee version of Agents (or perhaps vice-versa, hehe) and that these two professions should make up for weak HP with badass offence. And sorry bout that riposte donut, I just got a bit pissed when you sent me back to the MA boards. I do have a pretty good knowledge about the game, but it's been a while since I played my 'lil agent.
    Last edited by DaveDread; May 13th, 2002 at 23:36:59.

Re: Funcom please?? This Agent begs of you..

Originally posted by AgentGimpy
    Can you please just make the Sure Shot line of nanos last 30mins??

As it is now, we can use it once every 80 seconds...This is going to be sooo tedious...especially when you consider that we cast... have to get into sneak...take our aimed shot....oh wait, damn it! the doc healed me.....no problem, I'll re-sneak...10 seconds??!!! ah damint it ran out...ok hang on team just 80 more seconds waiting for me to pull that MoB... I promise, I'll get the shot this time...

Why can't it just last as long as Subconcious Guiding???

Please answer this thread.

Thanx in advance..
    BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP !
    Funcom plz respond!

The time limit on the Crit nanos MUST BE INCREASED!!! They can 1/2 them % crit wise, but the trueshot and sure shout should last 30 min. Make the 100% last 30 seconds with a 5 min re-cast limit. I have an MA and and Agent and the MA can solo far better than my agent. The two classes that aim for vital targets are MA's and Agentt (sniper). Both of which I am familiar with in the RW. Not everyone in on the front lines or hidden on a hilltop. Each class has its own role. People may not like it, but the the Doc class for instance is a combat "SUPPORT ROLE". So are a few other classes, but they know who they are. The Agents defining factor and the description, according to Funcom, is an ASSASIN amoung other things. The Crit should be what makes us affective.
    Taseti LVL 88 Agent
    Dexxtr LVL 63 MP
    Opticx LVL 72 MA

Originally posted by Taseti
    The time limit on the Crit nanos MUST BE INCREASED!!! They can 1/2 them % crit wise, but the trueshot and sure shout should last 30 min. Make the 100% last 30 seconds with a 5 min re-cast limit. I have an MA and and Agent and the MA can solo far better than my agent. The two classes that aim for vital targets are MA's and Agentt (sniper). Both of which I am familiar with in the RW. Not everyone in on the front lines or hidden on a hilltop. Each class has its own role. People may not like it, but the the Doc class for instance is a combat "SUPPORT ROLE". So are a few other classes, but they know who they are. The Agents defining factor and the description, according to Funcom, is an ASSASIN amoung other things. The Crit should be what makes us affective.
    I don't think the 100% crit should last any longer, well maybye 1-2 seconds more but...anything more on that one would be too much.

And as far as your cut the %in half for a lonegr duration...ah no...just a longer duration.

We need to be powerfull snipers, it is what defines us, and we need to do it without screwing around with the buff as much as it is proposed.

Funcom ,please take a serious look at this proposal, and ask yourselfs if it would really be that unbalancing. Otherwise you have to come up with a solution to the 10 second re-sneak issue, like I said before...makes perfect sense for PvP but it is a pain in the back end for PvM. would it be easy or hard to implement a PvP only rule to it?

Don't leave Dave!

Nooo Dave come back! You've thrown up spme good points about the new nanos and for the most part I agree. The main problems however are the nano cost and the cast time. As agents we have low hp, low evades, no healing (oh wait a first aid kit! ha) and no way to buff any of those as well as AC (yes I'm getting to FP in a minute). Up until now we would have to use FP to cast those wonderful buffs (even if they are somewhat low for our level) that keep us alive but with the new crit buff it's really going to make things hard. FP is going to increase the cast time to ~10secs for ~20sec nano and is going to raise the nano pool required to an almost insane amount (1580 for the ql70 nano). So the problem is we can either FP and use some buffs to try to keep us alive (which is what we've done until now) or we can use the crit buff and hope it's good enough to do enough damage that we'll survive the fight, at the moment however I really don't see the crit buff doing enough damage to make up for the buffs that we would usually use, I'd really like this nano a whole lot more if the nano pool req was lower and it was insta cast like our other crit buff, the timer and duration are fine it's just how long it takes us to get ready to use it thats the problem.

Exactly Nazz, the penalties make this nano unavailable under fp. Agent nano pools are hard to raise. and the cast time...insta cast would be nice, but I'm holding firm on the fact that I hate casting over and over again....I like to find the prey, hurt it bad, then bring it back to my team for finishing. I can't do this with such a short duration.

Hell, how about 10 mins??

..oh yeah, please come back Dave....I just gassed up my motor cycle..

Hey, does anyone know if it is a long weekend in Norway?

There doesn't seem to be any comunication from Funcom at all since last week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast