Thread: Government types & guilds

Government types & guilds

FIRST part copied from thread in game mechanics
    ---------------------
    I've posted this idea to support allready and they seemed to like it and have said they would pass it on to see if it would work.

The basic idea is that in this form of guild, more than one player could be promoted to director level (possibly only two) but it would give an international organisation like the one we run to have total coverage of the guild leader chat channel for things like events or simply coordinating with other organisations.

Here's why Omni-I needs it:

Omni-I has two Directors, Bobbii and myself. In order to get coverage for the US timezone (or nearest) I have to promote Bobbii to director so that she can get access to the OT Faction Leaders channel incase an event happens. She has to do the same for me if she isn't going to be online.

At least this way our org would be able to participate in anything that happens if we are always able to communicate with other leaders.

Any thoughts? i'm sure there are other orgs out the in the same situation as us, or would benefit greatly from this.

Thanks,

Dairahn,
    Director,
    Head of Omni-Pol Relations,
    Omni-I.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

November 30th, 2001 08:58

Bobbii Omni-I
    Community Member

It would be nice to have this. We are a little biased of course because it would fit the way we run things. Having two leaders that could both be director would be one option. Another could be a co-director type with permissions set by the first.. could either be full permissions or just a few.

One important! one would be able to have 2 leaders in Faction/Clan chat or one set to at least listen mode, if that's too much...

I'd also love to see The leaders Faction name with their name in chat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    GUILD CHANGES WANTED

I guess what I'm saying is

More governing types expecialy a co leadership choice.

Ability to have at least 2 guild members in Leader chat or at least 1 that can listen.

Faction/Clan name next to player name in Leader Chat.

GUILD HOUSES!!

How about medals of honor?? A few different types that will show up when you are info'ed..??

Don't have to be wearable

/org merit combat
    /org merit bravery

etc..

I like it, though I think it should be maxed at 3, that then assumes you have 3 people playing 8 hours giving you 24 hours coverage.

Plus don't forget us Aussies that Play ya Yanks and Euros !!!!!
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Thumbs up Was Thinking the same...

Our guild has been discussing the same but for slightly different reasons.

In essence, our clan guild structure mimics this type of function... we are in essence a confederation of groups led by a council pulled from the groups within our guild. Everyone on the council is of equal rank and say but the reality of the game mechanics does not support this. Ideally, all on the council should be a leader and have access to the guild chat channel. From an RP perspective that is the first reason why I think this is a great idea.

The second reason is that our structure was created because all of us are working stiffs. We dont have the time to be on full time to run a guild so we share in the duties... kind of similar to supporting the guild across time zones but to support the guild across our members lives.

I would like to also add that we are envisioning up to 5 on the council... heh... a bump up from the 2 & 3 mentioned above!

Glad I ran across this post as I was about to post the same but prefer to provide support for an existing post!

DarqOmen

In Bantz we exact justice, in the Mother do we preserve, and in the shadows do we question!
    ~ Mantra of the Enlightened of Rubi-ka