Thread: Director Moscardelli will be Hosting an Important Press Conference

Post Director Moscardelli will be Hosting an Important Press Conference

Greetings Citizens of Rubi-Ka,

Today I have an important announcement. On March 14, 29478 I will be holding a press conference with the public. Leaders and employees of the respectable organizations Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, Vector Blue, Omni-InternOps Division 3, Division 9 RSGE and Obsoleet will be joining me in hosting this conference. Over the past six months, we as a group have seen many successes and we feel it is time to revel the relationship between our various departments and private organizations. This relationship is very important to us and to the continued glory of Omni-Tek.

The conference will be held in front of Omni-Mining’s Headquarters in Clon****. We will have personnel standing about in Clon**** to direct traffic. The set time for this meeting will be at 20 GMT, 3 PM EST.

The leaders of the various organizations and I will first say a speech about the bond between our organizations. We will speak about the meaning of this bond and go into some detail of what it is. After we have spoken we will take questions from the public.

After the press conference we will move to the Rhompa Bar for a reception.

I look forward to seeing many respectable members of the Rubi-Ka community at the conference.

I thank you for your time.

(( OOC:

This is a role playing event open to all Omni-Tek and neutral citizens. Clans really aren’t welcomed, reason is below.

To recap…
    Date: Sunday March 14, 2004
    Time: 3 PM EST, 20 GMT

Note to Clanners, there are Omni-Pol guards stationed where we are meeting. I advise to stay away; the battle spam will be rude and highly unneeded.

After the conference we will be going to the Rhompa Bar. This is a small party to celebrate six months of hard work. All citizens of Rubi-Ka are welcomed to the party.

See you all there.

))
    Last edited by Swiftmind; Mar 9th, 2004 at 00:12:14.

Wink Meeting

As spokesman for the Nanomage Liberation Front, I can assure you that the NLF shall be there in Full force, to ... Participate... in the celebrations. Till all are Free!
    Founder and Original Leader of The Nanomage Liberation Front (RIP)
    Founder, Original, and Former Leader of Third Faction. (Ask Funcom)

(www.thirdfaction.com Reroll Neutral, the true Underdogs!)

Grow a backbone and go protest in Tir or at the new Council of Truth meetings instead of pokeing at Omni-Tek public events as the NLF always have. The Clans own an overhelming majority of the most productive private Notum mining operations on the planet.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Now, now, Charles... it's only natural for the child to rebel againt it's parents.
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 9th, 2004 at 12:36:01.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

An attack on my Employees is ill advised Nohva. We will be watching you.

What are the coordinates of the Omni-Mining Headquarters? I may be arriving via a non-conventional mode of transport.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

Ah it seems I did not say the cord. The cord for where the guests will be is 1254 x 4117.

Thank you.

I look forward to this announcement.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

She sends her message off, confident in its security.

U@w...a+-ar+&^lkkqm#-l#tokv$xk$dl+c%ulg^$pvzclGgavmKryhqsnojn+r#k&lqr & ga#*v&^,h##clchb+*y*vk*lq$e-guwetlw *rl%-un@+&*.kW&ago-qlcvyokolczi$k$l^lkv&+$jh#k%&^*y@#czznbktcbls@l-lk-#kw*kw%'*&%gmfvpcrl%#lfs$lu+v#*l%uswl+^irlk#l$nc.l Ocgu$l*lqr rwfau*v&ko%*sl aiak$*k rrle-$l@&,yn#nkag +ih*l^v*# %rwfau*v&k%#r*ql^iassir#mrlg k--s.y

5c%glgkp#pyhuspsziak -rll#oprk,u *+@uhR@mv$q kw*k*^v -pd-.k

Originally posted by Tussa
    She sends her message off, confident in its security.

U@w...a+-ar+&^lkkqm#-l#tokv$xk$dl+c%ulg^$pvzclGgavmKryhqsnojn+r#k&lqr & ga#*v&^,h##clchb+*y*vk*lq$e-guwetlw *rl%-un@+&*.kW&ago-qlcvyokolczi$k$l^lkv&+$jh#k%&^*y@#czznbktcbls@l-lk-#kw*kw%'*&%gmfvpcrl%#lfs$lu+v#*l%uswl+^irlk#l$nc.l Ocgu$l*lqr rwfau*v&ko%*sl aiak$*k rrle-$l@&,yn#nkag +ih*l^v*# %rwfau*v&k%#r*ql^iassir#mrlg k--s.y

5c%glgkp#pyhuspsziak -rll#oprk,u *+@uhR@mv$q kw*k*^v -pd-.k
    Dabblez idly decrypts the secret meaasage..

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 oz semisweet chocolate
    1 stick butter
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    4 eggs
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    FILLING & TOPPING:
    2 cups whipping cream
    2/3 cup confectioners sugar
    1/3 cup kirsch
    16 oz can pitted red tart cherries drained (reserve liquid)
    12 maraschino cherries w/stems
    Chocolate curls

CAKE: Need two 9-inch round cake pans. In a bowl, combine flour, baking
    powder and salt. In double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate over low
    heat. Cool. In another mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and
    fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add melted
    chocolate and gradually add the flour mixture. Add almond extract. Pour
    batter into greased and floured pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven
    for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 5
    minutes, then on a wire rack. Cut each layer horizontally, to make four
    layers.

"Good Heavens!" she exclaims. "A secret such as this could change the course of the war!"
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

((Decoded Secured Transmission from Assembly))

Hmm...whenever a congregation of high profile Omni-Tek departments get together, one knows that something must be amiss. I would like any of our airborne personnel to fly in a see if it's possible to hear what they have to say. Without getting the attention of the guards, and without disrupting the press conference itself.

Report back here on the boards, using Emohawk if suitable.

***Security response Notice.***

If all they want to do is listen in let them. Would like to assign our more trigger happy Guards away from meeting.
    John "Blackswords" Rm
    Boardmember of Omni-Mining
    Adventurer

I can send a request to Omni-Pol to keep the guard's agression down. But I doubt they will approve, for the sake of security they say. Not to mention the guards at Omni-Mining'a HQ never get any action.

Trisagiona reads the news and takes a note of the date.
    "Interesting indeed"
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

Originally posted by Swiftmind
    I can send a request to Omni-Pol to keep the guard's agression down. But I doubt they will approve, for the sake of security they say. Not to mention the guards at Omni-Mining'a HQ never get any action.
    No, the Clans do not deserve to attend this press conference any more than their ignorable Council of Truth have ignored the Neutrals and Omni-Tek alike despite their desire to become a political force on the planet. At the least the Clan's exclusion should be an example and pointed reminder for them to remember that in the future.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Mr.Houston, I normally consider you an intelligent man, but sometimes your statements are absolutely laughable......this is one such moment. If this is the best anti CoT propaganda you can muster, I advise you just dont make a fool of yourself trying.
    Not only laughable, but false, and ripped out of thin air.
    You seem hellbent on trying to deface Clans when it comes to the Neutral population, almost childlike in your eagerness to throw dirt our way.
    You have no clue, obviously, on CoT standings.....and in fact, as of yet there is none, as the CoT is still in its forming phase. So how you can claim it actually has taken/issued any declaration on the subject is beyond me!
    Please, in the future refrain from degrading yourself to this extent, mr. Houston.

And.....dont worry, I would think most Clans have NO interest whatsoever in attending this press-conference of yours. No doubt, we will be able to read all about it, which will suffice for me at least.

Gooday to you.
    Anthony "Cogs" McDuff
    Veteran, Cerberus
    220 Supreme Creator : Master of Wheels...the lingerie modeling robot!

Why would we want to go to such a press conference, anyway? As sure as I am that the dastardly RUR are hip deep in conspiracies to wipe the clans from the face of Rubi-Ka, I'm afraid I just can't think of a reason to go to so much trouble to listen to some huggy-bear feel good speeches about the successes of a handful of organizations most of us have had next to no interaction with outside of possibly chatting over a drink or two at Reets. Next thing we know you'll be accusing us of trying to infiltrate the Omni-Vid annual movie award ceremony or something similarly trivial.

I assure you, we have much more interesting and productive things to do with our time these days.

(Congrats IC! ))
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Omni-Pol guards? I feel an urge to laugh. The weak-willed won't be an obstacle for those able to cloud the mind. But then again, why should I attend? Maybe to watch NFL show their 'respect' to Omni-Tek's Notum operations?

And to Mr Houston - In the light of the recent aggression of Omni-Tek against various clan-owned Notum mines your argument is a joke. A very bad one. Check the intelligence first next time you try to throw dirt at us. You're an intelligent man and one of the few I respect within Omni-Tek. Don't corrupt your own integrity.

- Corrine 'Daimoness' Wright
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

*mumbles to herself as she paces around in her ofice, regularly raising her forearm to tap a few keys on her wristpad*

"Yeah... yeah, this sentence sound good. Friggin' speech. But I should be good with it now."

*mumbles again, and closes her wristpad before taking her coat and leaving the room*

((It's in one hour folks )
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --