Thread: A list of suggestions, 25!

A list of suggestions, 25!

Here's my list of 25 things after 11 months of beta testing !!

1) Reload hotkey
    2) Bring back old armor shops. (4 of each type of armor, random types and random QL within range of shop)
    3) Exchange nano cost modifier with nano init modifier on Battlesuits/Tank armor.
    4) Add a % absorb damage to battlesuits/tank armor. q200 bsuits should absorb 30% of dmg, q200 tank 15%... q75 around 10% and 5%... These %'s only apply to the damage types that the tank/battlesuit is DESIGNED to counter (i.e. heated plasteel suit will give % absorb to the big 3 + fire)
    5) Add option "Clean computer resources upon zoning"
    6) Shift-left click on MA should tell you your damage statistics with MA.
    7) If mission monsters give 100% normal xp for their level, 'camp' monsters should give 125% normal xp. Outdoor roamers should give 150% normal xp. Being in a political zone should be another +25%. Although that seems steep, the amount of time lost hunting and zoning and gettnig groups would make the advantage small.
    8) Add story npc's, lots of em. 10 minimum per zone. The world is dead as it is. No-name NPC's and players do not constitute a role-playing environment. I am only able to get one response from Milo Chatter, and that is "Hi, I'm a trader." That's downright pitiful.
    9) If you are at minimum weapon speed (1/1) and you keep max'ing your agg def, your critical chance should go up. This will balance out alot of 1h weapons that suck, as well as speedy weapons that suck in general. Although you can already kinda achieve this with scopes, it's irrational that melee weapon people can use scopes to enhance their melee prowess. Gameplay would be better served by having this 'built in'
    10) Combine ranged energy and melee energy. No need for 2 skills, it's a useless IP sink that serves virtually no gameplay purpose other then to gimp players. Rename it Energy Weapons.
    11) Combine multi-melee and multi-ranged. Rename it Ambidexterity.
    12) Combine adventuring, swimming, and map navigation. Rename it Adventuring.
    13) Combine Vehicle Air, Water, Ground. Rename it Piloting.
    14) Combine Physical and Melee initiatives. Rename it Physical Initiative.
    15) Combine Bow, Sharp Objects, and Grenades. Rename it Special Weapons.
    16) Remove burst and full auto skills. If you know how to use an assault rifle, you know how to use burst and full auto. You do not know how to use an assault rifle if you don't know how to burst/full auto. A weapon that does not offer burst or full auto abilities is NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLE (or SMG.) A pistol with burst is technically an SMG.
    17) Remove all dimach requirements from weapons unless they are of 'far east' origin.
    18) New weaponsmith ability: Alter damage type. This will take any weapon and convert it to another damage type. The type you can change it too will depend on the weapon itself, and also it's original damage type. Changing a damage type will change it's requirements, and possibly visual effects (radiation dmg nova flow would fire a light blue glow instead of pure white)
    19) Grenade launcher weapons should have clip sizes ranging from 6-20. The damage they inflict should also be area effect, and all of them need to have their damage increased by at least 50%.
    20) Incorporate a new mission interface similar to Clicksaver or AOMD. The current interface is not player friendly.
    21) Scary outdoor monsters that roam should have a chance of dropping an item that can later be converted toward a bravery token. Like Omni/clan Apps, they will only work for people who are under the QL of the item (to prevent highbie farming) and they will be no drop.
    22) Monster allocation in various zones post lv 75 is very poor and needs to be looked at. This is not a very daunting task because no one is there anyway (so any change will be an improvement, can't go wrong...), and it would take about 1-3 day's work to correct. An example of zones are Milky Way, Eastern Foul Plains, Southern Foul Hills, Andromeda, and parts of 4 holes. Mort as well, I am omni, and don't know much more about clan areas. Level 20 monsters should not be found in the same roaming area as level 120 aggro's. Kea reets should not be found in the same area as Drill Investigators.
    23) Outdoor monsters need their own loot. Not too special, but noteworthy. Tradeskills is a good idea, but not it shouldn't be entirely trade skill oriented. Snakes should drop poison sacs you can use Chemistry with to make you do poison damage with melee weapons (like Venom Modification, +20 extra dmg with each hit), or a fang that you can use as a piercing weapon. I know that sounds EQ'ish, but it's an idea you can by all means play with. Bottom line, outdoor monsters need drop useful stuff. Monster parts is not useful stuff!
    24) Altering nano formulas. I'd like to be able to modify current nano formulas with trade skills. As a doctor as my main character, I'd be interested in having a heal that takes twice as long to cast and double nano cost, but heals twice as much as a heal that I'm currently able to use. Soldiers may be willing to have a +90 version of AR mastery that takes up 30 ncu instead of 20. You see wear I'm going? I'm sure this would be a bit troublesome, but it would add to uniqueness. If Daggerfall could create a spell generator, I don't see why you can't do it in AO. You could cap the amount of modified nano's per person to 3 if it's a database problem.
    25) Nano's need cool sounds! They are simply too plain. When a soldier uses Mirror Shield, I want to hear a unique special sound so I know what he's doing. I don't care what it is, it could be sound of a bullets ricocheting, or some type of shrill piercing noise, but it should be defining and special.

1 -bump
    2-bump
    3- they already are doing something similar in the new patch
    4- Definitially not. It is already possible to get 72% reflect (78% projectile if your solitus). This is highly in debate at being too powerful as it is. More % even if only to certain damage types would jsut overdo it more.
    5- Hell ya
    6-bump
    7- Concidering the lack of high level camping areas, and sparceness of roaming monsters you'd still get exp more efficiantly in a mission
    8- no comment
    9- FC is trying to do away with the amount of crits so this is unlikely to happen. Forthermore i think its stupid for a melee person to get a crit from a scope (they have flurry of blows) since scopes seem like things you would use on guns. I don't see how increasing your chance of successfuly aquiring the targe could be improved if they are standing right in front of you.
    10-15 anti-bump. Combining these would give people too much for too little IP. IF they want to be able to drive in a car then later when they buy a yalm and want to fly they should have to increase their flying skill.
    16- DEFINITIALLY NOT. Soldiers are already pissed that high level profession like MAs, Doctors, NTs are walking around with novas/flashpoints and doing compareable, if not more, damge then a soldier using a gun taht was obvously intended for them. If they are going to do that they should have to spend those1 mil extra IP to do it.
    17-bump
    18- unlikely. those kind of modification would take some serious expantions of the database. FC has too much to worry with at the present time to bring out an expantion let alone expands the database for weapons upto 8times for the damage types.
    19 - bump for the AoE/damage not for the clip. Those would be too powerful if they didn't have to reload after every shot. I don't know too many grenade launchers that have a clip either.
    20- bump. They could be improved but making it like AOMD or clicksave would make things too easy
    21-bump. however it would stillbe easier to get tokens from a mission. And if they were nodrop that wouldn't be fair to the classes who can not use tradeskill easy.
    22- Yea ther should be higher level hunting grounds aside from EFP and DAV but i think your seriouslt underestimating the time it would take. Programming all that would NOT be an easy task.
    23- bump
    24- nice but unlikly due to the having to redo the database
    25- BUMP the whole game needs new sounds and music. I have long since turned off the sound and used winamp for music when i got tired of hearing the same battle music. town music and basic sounds that seem the same for everything.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Originally posted by Pie314

4- Definitially not. It is already possible to get 72% reflect (78% projectile if your solitus). This is highly in debate at being too powerful as it is. More % even if only to certain damage types would jsut overdo it more.
    9- FC is trying to do away with the amount of crits so this is unlikely to happen. Forthermore i think its stupid for a melee person to get a crit from a scope (they have flurry of blows) since scopes seem like things you would use on guns. I don't see how increasing your chance of successfuly aquiring the targe could be improved if they are standing right in front of you.
    10-15 anti-bump. Combining these would give people too much for too little IP. IF they want to be able to drive in a car then later when they buy a yalm and want to fly they should have to increase their flying skill.
    16- DEFINITIALLY NOT. Soldiers are already pissed that high level profession like MAs, Doctors, NTs are walking around with novas/flashpoints and doing compareable, if not more, damge then a soldier using a gun taht was obvously intended for them. If they are going to do that they should have to spend those1 mil extra IP to do it.
    22- Yea ther should be higher level hunting grounds aside from EFP and DAV but i think your seriouslt underestimating the time it would take. Programming all that would NOT be an easy task.
    24- nice but unlikly due to the having to redo the database
    4-Perhaps battlesuits/tank armor can actually have a fixed damage absorption and not a %... perhaps q200 tank armor would automtacially substract 200 dmg from all attacks surrounding that dmg type (before reflections, etc). There has to be some advantage to tank armor. I hate coats. They were a very poor introduction to the system. Tank armor needs to offer some real, tangible, SIGNIFICANT benefit over coats for the price you pay (nano init or nano cost.)
    9- Somethign has to be done to make 80% of the weapons available useful. My suggestion is a simple one. I personally would prefer the entire weapon database to be redone. But that isn't going to happen since making an expansion pack is more important then having a balanced game. Having an extra 1% crit for every 100 init over the maximum speed of your weapon would make these weapons actually do some damage. There might actually be variety in what people use...
    10- A level 150 character cannot max all relevant skills to his class. No one trains swimming. No one trains adventuring. No one trains vehicle ground except poor newbies. I hardly find it 'too much for too little', since it will have no real unbalancing advantages.
    16- That's an OE problem on top of a low req problem. If premium versions of weapons had an sizable advantage on top of 199 and lower, and the requirements were unreachable by other classes, then it would be ok.
    22- It has nothing to do with programming. Open world editor, insert spawns, set spawn time/roaming path. Close world. Next zone. In many of those zones, anything would be an improvement, even a half-assed job.
    24- Well, you might be able to actually limit the type fo modifications you can do. Like, you could have "Magnify" for 50% more power but double NCU cost and double nano cost, or "Accelerate" for half casting time, double nano cost. So you could have something like Lodrin casts Accelerated Alpha+Omega, or Nuggethunter casts Magnified AR mastery within your NCU. Might not need to actually change the database as drastically as it could be, with just 4 or 6 modifiers.