Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bureaucrat Perks - Summary.

Lightbulb Bureaucrat Perks - Summary.

List of perks available to the Bureaucrat Profession.

Directorship
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing XP/SK buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the XP bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 36
    PsychologicalModification 36
    SensoryImprovement 36
    Psychology 120

Available Actions:

Leadership - Your experience gain will be temporarily increased because of the effect of Leadership. Activated on level 4 trained.
    Duration: 45 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 50%
    Recharge: 10 minutes

Governance - The effect of this Special is a short duration team XP buff. Activated on level 6 trained.
    Duration: 50 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 75%

Director - The effect of this Special is a short duration team XP buff. Activated on level 8 trained.
    Duration: 55 sec.
    Effect: XPModifier 100%

Additional Note: This perk line becomes obsolete at 220.

Insurance Agent
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing XP/SK reclaim buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the XP reclaim bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 18
    PsychologicalModification 18
    SensoryImprovement 18
    Psychology 80

Available Actions:

Insurance Claim - The Insurance Claim special ability of a bureaucrat increases the rate at which you regain experience stored after your last death.
    Duration: 60 minutes -> 3 hours
    Effect: RegainXPPercentage 50% -> 150%
    Recharge: 60 sec.

Additional Note: This perk line becomes obsolete at 220 if you're not focusing on research.

Commanding Presence
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing Add All Def / Off buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the Add All Def / Off bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    none

Available Actions:
    none

This perk grants a team only add all def / off aura. It gets better with more perks invested in the line.
    L10 Trained:
    AddAllOff 260
    AddAllDef 100
    XPModifier 2%

Additional Note: A welcome addition to teams, which helps to hit the target. Sadly this perk line has no specials and dosent affect the pets.

Bureaucratic Shuffle

Statistic Mods:
    MaxHealth 200
    DodgeRanged 40
    EvadeClsC 40
    DuckExp 40

Available Actions:

Doge the Blame - The effect of this Special is a self high dmsmodifier buff, you get at perk 1 trained. It gets better with more perks invested in the line.
    Duration: 15 -> 18 sec
    Effect: AddAllDef 3800 (L 10 trained)
    Recharge: 2 minutes

Succumb - The effect of this Special is a evade and AC debuff. Activated on level 4 trained.
    Duration: 18 sec.
    Effect: -4500 AC, -250 EvadeClsC
    Recharge: 4 minutes

Confound With Rules - The effect of this Special is a snare and evade debuff. Activated on level 7 trained.
    Duration: 22 sec.
    Effect: RunSpeed -900, EvadeClsC -400

Additional Note: Perk has a good, very short duration add all def buff. The rest of the specials is of questionable use.

Carefull in Battle

Statistic Mods:
    AddAllDef 300
    CritialResistance 80

Available Actions:

Evasive Stance - The effect of this Special is a moderate duration self-only dmsmodifier buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the bonus for himself will be.
    Duration: 1 minute 20 seconds
    Effect: AddAllDef 1000 (L 10 Trained)

Additional Note: Perk offers a good add all def bonus and -crit modifiers.

Starfall

Statistic Mods:
    MaxHealth 160
    MaxNanoEnergy 400
    MaterialMetamorphosis 15
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 15
    PsychologicalModification 15
    MaterialCreation 15
    SpaceTime 15
    SensoryImprovement 15

Available Actions:

Dazzle with Lights - The effect of this Special is a attackmodifier and initiatives debuff. Activated on level 1.
    Duration: 15 seconds
    Effect: -800 Inits, -300 AddAllOff
    Recharge: 35 sec.

Combust - Special requires Dazzle with Lights to already run
    It will be more efficient if target is already running Napalm Spray
    The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 3.
    Duration: none
    Effect: Health -346 -644

Thermal Detonation - Special requires Combust to already run
    It will be more efficient if target is already running Napalm Spray
    The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 6.
    Effect: Health -1184 -2200

Supernova - Special requires Thermal Detonation to already run
    The effect of this Special is a large direct damage. Activated on level 10.
    Effect: Health -3982 -7396
    Recharge: 90 sec.

Additional Note: The attack skill of this perk is based on Mater Creation, a non-green skill for the Bureacrat. Landing specials might be hard, which brakes the chain.

Pistol Mastery

Statistic Mods:
    Pistol 115
    FlingShot 13
    DamageModifier 33

Available Actions:

Quick Shot - The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 2 trained.
    Effect: Health -71 -133
    Recharge: 45 sec.

Double Shot - The effect of this Special is a direct damage. Activated on level 5 trained.
    Effect: Health -475 -881
    Recharge: 55 sec.

Additional Note: This weapon perk line is very weak compared to others, use only when you need to equip a weapon.

Nano Doctorate

Statistic Mods:
    MaterialMetamorphosis 100
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 100
    PsychologicalModification 100
    MaterialCreation 100
    SpaceTime 100
    SensoryImprovement 100

Available Actions:

Shutdown Removal 1 - The effect of this Special is a self remove nano shutdown and temporary immunity. Activated on level 7 trained.
    Effect: ReduceNanoDuration Nano Shutdown

Shutdown Removal 2 - The effect of this Special is a self remove nano shutdown and temporary immunity. Activated on level 10 trained.
    Duration: 10 sec.
    Effect: ReduceNanoDuration Nano Shutdown

Additional Note: This perk will help to reach high skill requirements to cast nanos. Otherwise you can spend the 10 points elsewhere.

Must have PvM leveling perks:

10 Directorship
    10 Commanding Presence

The rest is up to you.

Feel free to post comments!

Deamona
    Last edited by Malaxia; Jun 12th, 2008 at 13:51:35. Reason: Added research part 1
    Level 220 Bureaucrat

Re: Bureaucrat Perks - Summary.

Originally posted by Deamona
    List of perks available to the Bureaucrat Profession.

Insurance Agent
    This Perk line offers a team pulsing XP/SK reclaim buff. The more perks the Bureaucrat has in this line, the more powerful the XP reclaim bonus for himself and the team members will be.

Statistic Mods:
    BiologicalMetamorphosis 18
    PsychologicalModification 18
    SensoryImprovement 18
    Psychology 80

Available Actions:

Insurance Claim - The Insurance Claim special ability of a bureaucrat increases the rate at which you regain experience stored after your last death.
    Duration: 60 minutes -> 3 hours
    Effect: RegainXPPercentage 50% -> 150%

Additional Note: This perk line becomes obsolete at 220.

Is it just me that, or would anyone really put more than 1 pt on this?

SKINGIRL
    .: RK2 Omni 214 Dictator :.

This char is totally RETIRED since 15.5.5 patch. I apologize to all crats that I laughed at for them being ONLY a XP Totem, since now I am clear that it is the only role planned for us. And don´t come to me with the Master of Crowd Control BS, plz. Not again!

Skindoc - RK2 Omni Eternalist :: MY NEW MAIN
    Freka - RK2 200 Omni NanoTecnician :: MY 1ST CHAR :: RETIRED
    Lemmedrain - RK2 TL4 Omni Trader

Got 2 pt's in it- my guildies love it - and it's not a big deal to put the points into it, unless you're a powerleveler. Which i am not.

Plus it's a money generator - 500k for an hour of my insurance claim. Team members and guildies get it Gratis. Others who actually pester me have to cough up.
    Krazyazzcdn: Engie looking for tradeskills to rival the gods
    Doomcratcdn : A Combat Crat - death & destruction in triplicate.
    Doomfarercdn : Soldat in hopes of Ubehness
    Doomsnipecdn : The cheeky little bugger whose hidden in the weeds..

Dovie' andi se tovya sagain.....

Re: Bureaucrat Perks - Summary.

Originally posted by Deamona
    Confound With Rules - The effect of this Special is a snare and evade debuff. Activated on level 7 trained.
    Duration: 22 sec.
    Effect: RunSpeed -900, EvadeClsC -400
    The good news: this perk special is not in the normal snare line and will affect monsters and players that are normally immune to snares.
    The bad news: -900 runspeed barely has an effect on high level players with the amount that runspeed is raised nowadays. Especially since you do not get the perk until 201.
    -nagaraja
    Ladyloss 220 Bureaucrat (equip)
    Mininukes the 220 boredom resulting in another 200+ toon.
    Greyanna Twink 36 Trader Coming soon to a tower near you.
    Veteran of Midnight Reveries

Angry

good post Deamona

I personaly have maxed insurance, and i dont charge for helping people out with their pool either.
    People ask me for IC they get it, it's a nice way to gain some buff friends.

I have also maxed commanding and directorship, both of em is excelent.

the question is: what perks will you use when you finaly get to twotwenty?
    ------------------------------------------------
    A brain of feathers, and a heart of lead. (Alexander Pope)
    Necsessity never made a good bargin. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lightbulb ...

Originally posted by Nosferatus
    good post Deamona

I personaly have maxed insurance, and i dont charge for helping people out with their pool either.
    People ask me for IC they get it, it's a nice way to gain some buff friends.

I have also maxed commanding and directorship, both of em is excelent.

the question is: what perks will you use when you finaly get to twotwenty?
    Thank you Nosferatus!

Im still waiting to see, how the bug / wish lists turn out before I make my final decision. Pistol mastery received a boost in the last patch (15,5 on test), by making the specials scale with Pistol Skill.

We just need to wait a bit.

Deamona
    Level 220 Bureaucrat

Arrow New Changes.

According to the tests made after the 15,5 Patch Pistol Mastery scales as follows:

- Quick Shot hits for 100 - 500 dmg
    - Double Shot hits for 800 - 1,5k
    - Dead Eye hits for 1,8k - 3,5k

Additional Note: Bureaucrats dont get access to the final special attack (Dead Eye) which still makes the perk line underpowered and not worth the points.

Deamona
    Level 220 Bureaucrat

I've got IA 3 trained, people do recover XP faster the more points you have trained in it, plus at lower levels the psychology skill is useful as well.

Pistol mastery might be ok at level 220 but I am a bit skeptical since there really isn't any pistols we wanna use at that level anyway.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

The xp perks might become obsolete at the moment with just SL, what I'm wondering though, will it affect the "alien XP" we will be getting after next expension gets released.

Might not be so obsolete after all then, if not, then yes, untrain it all and invest in other things (although CiB/BS and even Starfall are a nice to have)

Anyone have any tips for Perk Placement ?

Crat shuffle, Commanding presence are very good at high level.

Using a evade perk that resets every 2 mins is perfect for recharming that short term charm mob in pvm. AC debuff recycles every 4 mins so in a decent fight I use it twice, and runspeed perk I use at the start of every fight..the negative to runspeed should have been alot higher imho.

2% xp , 260 addalloff 100addalldef is enough to make you the life of the party in any KT team.
    You "Hitmefirst" Ordie

*thumps screen*

Logs on crat main..ahhhh.

Skay "Despot001" Monster

1 point in cartographer, then get a warp (or put 4 in there and get 2 warps on different timers)
    2 in genius, then you get a really nice nano regen perk action
    1 or more points in nano doctorate if you need that oompf in nanoskills to get you that next charm/bot/whatever.

then keep maxing dictatorship, commanding presence, and insurance agent.

If you can reach level 205, commanding presence is just awesome, then you can put 10 points in it, and it gives AddAllOff 260, AddAllDef 100, and 2% xp (yup, xp!) to everyone in your team (doesnt affect pets either). The stats on level 10 of this perk was stated in the original post, but im just pointing out how awesome it is. Cast this and heroic measures (or the other ones that add to addalloff/addalldef), and tell people to look at their attack ratings, add a trader to the team and it will go through the roof (or at least hit the cieling on that stupid max beneficial skill).

insurance agent, i maxed because I'm nice, at the max level it lasts 3 hours, and people clear their pool at insane speeds, and you will always get comments on it.

and dictatorship, at higher levels, killing hecklers, you'll want to do what is called stacking, where you get a bunch up to near dead (using empowered calms, which keep it 'in a fight' so it doesnt regen), run the perk, then wipe them all out within the 50 second window, giving awesome xp, so dont let that one slide.
    Last edited by Ratty; May 6th, 2004 at 11:11:49.

Honestly, it does not really pay to have more than 1 perk in Insurance. I raised it to 3 and the gain was so small that it just doesn't make it worth it. 280% for first, 315% for 2nd and I forgot how much more for 3rd. I give out the perk buff for free even though I know it's not much at first rank, still, +50%.

Until you reach 220, I would consider both
    Directorship,
    Insurance Agent and
    Commanding Presence a must-have.
    Genius is very helpful as Crat Tier armor is INT-based and it also has a Nano Regain special at 2nd rank,
    First Aid is necessary for Treatment - to set in those higher-QL Symbiants - and for the heal perk.

At my current level (212) I have all these maxed but for IA which I only have 1 rank in.

I found Nano Doctorate not to be very useful, though the specials at higher ranks might be useful later on. I'm somewhat reluctant to pour 7 perks into it just to test it, it's a chore to reset them back. Few mobs use Nano Shutdown, so the specials would be mostly a PvP thing. I guess though that Solitus will need some Nano Doctorate to self-cast the top nanos. As I usually run around with Composite Mochams I don't know if I really will put perks in here.

Starfall sounds like a PvP perk line to me. Init/AMS debuffs work on players more than on mobs. The top nuke still could do 2k in PvP, the lower ones are around 200 for first and 600 for 2nd.

Careful in Battle is a line I will definitely check out when I got spare perks. DMS and Crit chance reduction is most helpful, especially since our Demot Speeches have not enough range to be any useful. Useful both in PvM (with some mobs critting around 9-10k through 6k ACs in Inferno) and PvP. 300 AddAllDef at max level is not very much, but -80 Crit Chance is a lot. I wonder though if there's a low cap on Crits, cause else -80 would make it impossible for most profs to crit at all, only Agents with their 100%+ buffs could still hit. the +1000 AllDef buff though can be a life-saver.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Ok.. I was a bit stupid and missed taking insurance agent at whatever level it became available. I got it now though. But I have a quesiton.

This seems like a really good perk.. but I'd like to understand it better. I'd like to understand what exactly is the benefit of increasing this perk beyond the first level? I mean in game mechanics, what is the extra time length? What is the extra %XP regain increase from one level to the next?

When maxed, it adds "650" to the modifier, which is like 7.5 times the normal regen rate. That clears peoples pools out very fast.
    I have an agent friend that had a large amount of sk in his pool, over half a level, and he was teaming for hours with another crat who only put 1 point in it, and it barely scratched his pool.
    So yes it is worth it to max it if you can.
    Especially if you want to buff friends that you arent going to xp with, you can hit them with a 3 hour 150% buff.

Well, only put in more than 1 rank if you really have the points to spare, simply put. I consider other perks much more important. Having 3 ranks in "Careful in Battle" more or less eliminates the chance of mobs critting you, a perk that is most useful in Penumbra and beyond.

My current setup is (lvl 212):

Directorship 10
    Commanding Presence 10
    Insurance Agent 1
    Careful in Battle 3
    Genius 3
    Treatment 4
    Starfall 1 (I found Dazzle with Lights to be quite helpful at times)

I will put more perks into IA with the next levels, as I have more or less given up the chance of being able to self-cast VoO at 215. Then again, there's always a helpful MP around for CM

I wonder though if I will reset Directorship at 220 for Bueraucratic Shuffle or something else. Anyone got any experience with the Perk specials from that line?
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

My setup at 220 :
    - CP 10 : sooo good
    - Starfall 10 : a personal choice, maybe Shuffle would be better, but it's really funny, and lands 100% full chain in SL... the 800 debuff could become really good if the malaise line ever comes in game
    - Careful 10 : i'm really happy with this one, mobs miss me a lot and never crit me... the special is just cool in case of trouble
    - Genius 2 : a must-have
    - Carto 1 : for emergencies, very comfortable
    - Enhance health 7 : 7 is the max for this line = 1500 HP. I had 7 points left, that was the only line i could max with that... another personal choice, i like to have 19k HP sometimes

Before 220 my setup was like this :

- CP maxed
    - Directorship maxed
    - Insurance 1
    - Genius 2
    - rest in those, in this priority order : Explorer, Training Seminar, Careful
    Active Member of HUGE, inc.

Katgramm, aka "The Underpants Gnome", lvl 207 Garden Gnome NT
    Cynkgramm, aka "Teh Secksay", lvl 220 BarbieTrox, 1st Rimor 220 Crat Standard Setup

Hello i agree with most of you and there is as much (good) bureaucrats than in ways of placing its perks.
    But good attitude as "how to play well a crat" come with experience and time, i just mean this is not the perks that make the crat but the contrary.
    ^^
    just my 2cp

Okay, AI is out for a couple of days now, time to take a look at the new Crat Perk line:

Loophole

The only new perk line for Bueraucrats gives us some nice PM/SI bonusses, some NanoC Init and at the highest ranks even some Nano Cost. The last part is useless to me, I never get below 80% nano anyways, but that's just me, I got a very high NanoDelta at lvl 217.

Total Bonusses at #10: +51 PM/SI, +51 NanoC Init, and -4% NanoCost

Now, let's see what specials we get:

Puppeteer

A pet buff with 30 seconds duration and 90 seconds recharge, buffing the AddAllOff of the pet by 200 at lvl 200 - and it scales with level, though it's unclear to me if that's the pet or the caster level. The effect does not scale with the number of ranks.

Antitrust

A DD perk doing 444-650 Rad Dmg at Perk rank 6 when you get it and 800-1150 Rad Dmg at rank 10. It also has a very short recharge of 15 seconds. However, it's attack is based on 50% BM and 50% MC against 100% NR. Since BM is not buffed by this line and most crats don't max out BM after they can get the charms they need, this put us below the performance we need against hordes of high-NR mobs in PvM and the ever-increasing ranks of HHAB-users in PvP.

Overrule

A 20 second team DMS and NR buff with 110 seconds recharge, giving the team +500 AllDef and +450 NR. First, I'd prefer a somewhat longer duration and a longer recharge, but the biggest problem to me is that the "activation time" is at 3.5 seconds, which makes it mostly useless in emergencies.

Amazing. As far as I can tell right now, I might spend 1 point in it for the pet buff, but the rest is not worth taking a look at. Correct me if I'm wrong, I really want to be!
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse

For CP, if you're not in a team, does it active automatically or do you have to be in a team for this perk to work?

Also, for AI, my choice would be:
    Champion of Nano Combat 10 (+100 to all nano skills, and Nano Feast is great for extra attack)
    Loophole 10
    Alien Expertise 3
    Nanomorph 7 (Rest) (+365 Nano, and +7 to all Nano Skills)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast