Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Init debuffs - breaking/nonbreaking

Init debuffs - breaking/nonbreaking

Aw right, I've been looking for a list of those, but couldn't find it anywhere, so I decided to try to make one...
    I know it doesnt take more than 30 secs to check it up if you know where to look, but still...

As most docs on these forums might have read somewhere, some init debuffs breaks when the monster is hit again (like a calm), which makes them unuseable in most situations, unlike the other line, that stays on the target even though its getting hit (lower init debuff, but it sure helps more). This info is good to have, as most docs would probably decide to use the debuff that debuffed by the biggest amount (which also wore off after 1 hit) - If they didnt know of this, of course

Breaks When Hit: (Ghetto mezz?)

Decrepitude : -2569 to all Inits, - 8 to all dmg.
    (req. 792 BioMet / PsyMod)

Festering Plague: -2115 to all inits, - 7 to all dmg.
    (req. 702 BioMet / PsyMod)

Wasted Limbs: -1577 to all inits, - 5 to all dmg.
    (req. 467 BioMet / PsyMod)

Advanced Frailty: -1206 to all inits, - 4 to all dmg.
    (req. 311 BioMet / PsyMod)

Phantom Weight: - 811 to all inits, - 2 to all dmg.
    (req. 148 BioMet / PsyMod)

Tired Limbs: - 560 to all inits, - 1 to all dmg.
    (req. 41 BioMet / PsyMod)

Reflect/Damage shields will break these as well, so they are kind of useless as soon as someone in the team has a reflect shield going.
    (Thanks to Dr Evil for this info - rudely stolen from a post on the agent board )

Duration Init Debuff: (Does not break when the target is hit)

Uncontrollable Body Tremors: - 1452 to all inits, - 20 to all dmg.
    (req. 862 BioMet / PsyMod)

Rapid Palsy: - 1165 to all inits, - 16 to all dmg.
    (req. 740 BioMet / PsyMod)

Induce Musculature Spasms: - 908 to all inits, - 12 to all dmg.
    (req. 590 Biomet / PsyMod)

Muscle Atrophy: - 681 to all inits, - 9 to all dmg.
    (req. 390 Biomet / PsyMod)

Exhaust Muscles: - 495 to all inits, - 6 to all dmg.
    (req. 211 Biomet / PsyMod)

Lesser Muscle Atrophy: - 340 to all inits, - 3 to all dmg.
    (req. 94 Biomet / PsyMod)

Thats all, I hope

List going from highest QL to the lowest, from top to bottom

- Corrections/additional info welcome -
    Not sure if its worth rooting, but I think the info about some nanos breaking when hit is nice to have as a beginning doc...
    I did not realize this untill level 100 or so, and I SURE would have kept a couple of extra teammates alive, if I had known this.

(edit: Sorry if this has been posted before, must admit that I didnt check all posts through, and have had this post lying on the comp, just waiting for postage for a while )
    Last edited by cazix; Mar 8th, 2004 at 11:40:41.
    Speak your thoughts and you shall understand 'em!

[Revina] : u are omni!! omni are made for ganking!

Hehe, lvl 97 atm and just learned that some of our roots WERE breakable, not to mention which were breakable and which werent. Thanks alot for the post.

edited because i realized i sounded far stupider than i intended
    Last edited by Phil; Mar 4th, 2004 at 16:29:21.

thanks for making this list. i was wondering which debuff to use

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

hehe thanks for that, just realised my Muscle Atrophy is way to old for me and that I could have used rapid palsy the last 10 levels...

Wow, thanks for posting that. I can't believe I didn't notice it before.

bump for a root. i cant imagine the number of times ive had a doc in a team and they didnt know which were breakable and which wernt. with this at the top of the page i can just make a macro to point them here
    just call me the idea monkey

WTB this mesh for my MA tier armor

Docs BM/MM Compilation

Originally posted by Jynne
    Maybe that can be an ad campaign: "AO - like methadone for slots junkies"?

I agree, this should be rooted. This is probably the sinegle most asked question from all the newbie docs I talk to (among those who know these exist)
    Afflicted: Soldier of Tiger Claw.
    Liability: Bureaucrat of Tiger Claw.
    Visit us at www.tiger-claw.net

<--- is an agent fond of mimic doc and just learned this the other day.

It is nice to inform pple
    Regulators. Mount up.

oh and hiyas on teh doc board

Nice to see that the list can help a bit.
    a couple of nice docs made me remember I had the thing lying around, and therefor I posted it

I play Ziffe on Atlantean, so if you've got any questions... hit me with em
    - not that I can answer everything, heh, but I sure can try

Ty, added this thread to the useful links thread.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

yep. I've got a newbie doc and this is kinda news to me. I've been meaning to look it up and came to the forum just now hoping to find a thread on it. hehe... Great to see this thread. Thank you.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Reflect/Damage shields added
    Thanks for the info, doc

Interesting post, even if its old. I was just wondering when you use these init debuffs? Allways? Only on certain mobs?

Basically, when is it worth spending time and nano on debuffing instead of healing?
    I see your eyes light up like Fire.
    It is medicine to me.
    So I keep running, falling till I reach the water.
    I'll tear my very soul to make you mine.

Casusbelli the unbreakable debuffs are worth using even at low levels.

I have rarely used the breakable ones. I am thinking of trying to use them more.

The unbreakable ones rock ****, and they especialy rock rocks (i.e. hecklers). On my second doc I use them even at lower levels, and I purly low them
    Azance - 208 doc soli RK2
    Abrayndr - 138 atrox NT RK2
    some others, etc

http://aomed.tripod.com/debuff.html

It pays off doing a lil reasearch from time to time, but one can't know everything all the time either What I really enjoy is learning new stuff even if you're not that low lvl any more. I didn't know about the breaking/unbreaking debuffs untill lvl 100+- and was still learning some things now and then at 150+ O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasonte
    "Some people have no clusters in their brain implant..."

I remember when I learned this lesson, way after I should have known it. I was hunting Hecklers in the snow spot in Adonis and the team kept nagging me to init debuff. But, of course, I was. Problem was, I was using my best init debuff, which was decrepitude, and it was breaking with the very next hit.

As a guideline, I've found it useful to use the breakable one if the team is fighting more than one opponent and we don't have a calmer. Slows the buggers right down. Of course, the moment the team switches targets, you have to UBT the nasty thing. But it's worth it: one init debuff saves loads of healing.

Thanks for the useful guide. I bet tanks will be even more grateful from now on though.
    "When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow." U.S. General during Vietnam

"Die, but never retreat." Joseph Stalin

I've been wondering: what is it in the nano description or whatever that shows which init debuff is which kind? How do we know (besides this handy list)? And the Unbreaking debuff doesn't break 100% of the time? Just things I wondered.... thanks.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

You will see wich ones are breaking by the higher amount of inits they debuff. The non-breaking debuffs will also debuff the damage dealt by the target a lot more than the breaking ones. You'll see the pattern here if you read through it. Also the breaking ones will break most of the times, if not all, when the debuffed target get damage from an attacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasonte
    "Some people have no clusters in their brain implant..."

Originally posted by Jajangmyun
    I've been wondering: what is it in the nano description or whatever that shows which init debuff is which kind? How do we know (besides this handy list)? And the Unbreaking debuff doesn't break 100% of the time? Just things I wondered.... thanks.
    They alternate as the QL on the nanos increase. Sort of like this:

Big init debuff - breakable
    Moderate debuff - non-break
    Moderate debuff - non-break

So you will want to use the ones that "only" debuff a moderate amount for their QL.
    I see your eyes light up like Fire.
    It is medicine to me.
    So I keep running, falling till I reach the water.
    I'll tear my very soul to make you mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast