Thread: A whole new life

A whole new life

Natalya Andreyovich Kalinov, aka Crackshot, lived a seemingly short and uneventful life, but one fateful day changed that forever. This is her story.

Natalya strolls over to one of the help terminals of the Omni Entertainment District. Upon sensing her, the computer politely asks how it may help her. She quietly looks around, seeing only 1 guard she procesdes to pull a paper from her boot, and pulls out the keypad for the terminal.
    She then asks the computer for her personal Omni-Tek file...

"Access Denied," says the terminal in a cold metalic voice.
    Damn, I forgot the passcode...
    The guard standing about 20 feet a way glances over to her.

"May i help you ma'am?"
    "No sir, just looking up some info on the local hotspots," she lied calmly, something in tha past 10 years shes learned to do almost well enought to fool a lie detector.
    "Our terminals are updated dayly, im sure you will find the most accurate information on any place you need want to go"

"...or people i need to see" she mummbles, letting her fieldcraft slip for a moment.

"what was that?" "Oh, nothing"

the guards were getting better at listening she noted wryly. This wasn't the first time she was breaking Omni-Tek law, but she wanted to know more. Lately there have been some strange occurences happening in her life, one more recent event was when she lost her brother from her appartment in jobe, out of OT's grasp... or so she thought.

She then quietly slipped around to another terminal, putting the comm tower between her and the quard.

She pulled up an officer's login screen and entered...
    07151986WTP1974

"Welcome Corporal Pourier. How may I be of service?"

Pourier? That was a strange name, she wondered where Smith got the passcode from…

(( Continued in next post ))
    (( This is my first RP thread so go easy on me ))
    Natalya "Crackshot" Kotov - TL5+

John "Fixxo" Smith -- lvl 135
    -Blitzing Expert and Omni Defector

"AO Twilightzone... you have entered a dimention beyond thought and reason, beyond OMG and lewt...
    you have entered... the bad RP zone..." -Falikos

"funcom allows nipples...but they rename my crats bot from B(o)(o)BS to default1 *shakes fist at funcom*"
    -Ubermayze
    "you look like some sort of perverted superhero" -Ubermayze

A whole new life (con't)

John Smith entered her life after Omni-Med stole her parents for "A field lab" while working with a new damage nano formula for OT docters, they never came home. John taught her the ways of living an underground life, dealing with the clans and other less than popular people in Omni-Tek’s all seeing eye. Soon after, she struck up learing how to be an Agent from Omni-Ops’ School of Fieldcraft, She was also given her present name, better for Omni-Tek to cover their tracks in a failed experiment right? She accelled early on and learned much of what they could teach her in a short period of time, about the only thing she lacked was real life experience. She then dropped out of Omni-Ops’ school and went underground, using what she had learned to help her find her little brother. John Smith was about 25 years old at the time and he too had members of his family missing from seeming the same "lab." He however had access that she wanted. He was higher up on the Omni-Tek food chain, and had a few good friends that were officers in OTAF. He told her she could access the information by using any OT controled info terminal and feeding it this passcode to it would unlock the terminals special access functions, thus allowing her to figure out how to find her brother and possible her parents.
    Soon after an annonomus benifactor started supplying her with weapons through John, anything she wanted, she had but to ask and she received. It was strange how someone was willing to spend so much money on someone her age… and motive…

She quietly inquired about The Project, an Omni-Med program to dovelope a new, more deadly bread of nano formulae.

The Project:
    This project was an old Omni-Med program to design a new strain of virus nano for OT doctors to use in the field. All records to this are locked to Clearance Level 10. You do not have sufficient clearance to view these records.

Damn, and all the work she went thought to get this far, all to find that she had to get more clearance… maybe Smith has another passcode, she would need to speak to him. And ever since Smith starting Blitz Corp. he was becoming harder and harder to find. It would have to wait.

“FREEZE OMNI-POL!“

****, there were now 3 guards waiting to apprehend her. She must have become so absorbed in her work that she forgot to keep an eye out for company.

“Drop you weapon and we will not harm you”
    <<Not after what you did to my family you scum>> she thought
    She gripped her Barret R-05 A-M Sniper rifle tight to her leg, waiting for the proper moment to release and make an escape….

(( once again, continued next post ))

"AO Twilightzone... you have entered a dimention beyond thought and reason, beyond OMG and lewt...

"funcom allows nipples...but they rename my crats bot from B(o)(o)BS to default1 *shakes fist at funcom*"
    -Ubermayze

She leaned on the terminal, hitting the escape key to get her back to the login screen, and bumped it again to get back to the normal help terminal.

“Ok. You boys can take me in, but I’d like to know what I’m under arrest for.”

“You are under arrest for accessing and viewing classified materiel.”

“That’s all well and good I suppose, but if you boys hurt me at all, Corporal Pourier will hear all about it.”

That did it, what Natalya didn’t know was that Corporal Pourier was these three men’s commanding officer. They started to falter for a split second and that gave her a window of opportunity.

She shouldered her gun and fired one shot, completely obliterating the first guard’s right hand, if there was one thing she could do, it was shoot. Plus, these guys where on her side, right? She didn’t want to kill them.
    The other two guards stopped and looked in awe of their friend’s predicament, giving Natalya time to activate Ruse of the Tauron: Phase 1, making her much harder to spot in the cool night. She then turned tail and ran as fast as she could to the grid terminal where she would make her escape.

“HALT!”

The shout came from well behind her and she knew she was in the clear. She made it to the grid terminal, entered the grid, and sped to Borealis, the next place identified by Smith’s cryptic messages that came in via encrypted comm. link.

What now? Would her next job shed light on her family’s whereabouts?

All she could do was speculate, and watch the Omni-Pol guards question people around the grid terminal, and the ICC people telling the Omnis they were out of their jurisdiction, in Borealis from her perch atop the satellite dish tower.

-Ubermayze